• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

ballsathome

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Monday 29th August 2011

664363_33_preview.jpg

Biggest Premier League Victories

Manchester United's 8-2 rout of Arsenal today is one of the Premier League's most one-sided contests. Since its inception in 1992, the Premier League has been regarded as one of the most exciting competitions in world football. Breathtaking football that result in absolute thrillers have become something of a norm in England's top flight. Yet once in awhile, we bear witness to absolute thumpings, when one every thing just clicks into place for one side, and everything just falls apart for another. Here's a look back at some of the biggest trashings in Premier League history.

Man Utd 9-0 Ipswich - March 1995

664646_10_preview.jpg

Andy Cole led the way with five goals, with Mark Hughes (2), Paul Ince and Roy Keane also netting for United against an Ipswich team who finished bottom at the end of the season.

Tottenham 9-1 Wigan - November 2009

664648_10_preview.jpg

Striker Jermain Defoe scored five times and Aaron Lennon, Peter Crouch, David Bentley and Niko Kranjcar also found the target, with Paul Scharner replying.

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan - May 2010

664647_10_preview.jpg

Carlo Ancelotti's side hit seven or more goals for the fourth time in 2009-10 against Wigan, who had defender Gary Caldwell sent off on the half-hour. Didier Drogba (3), Nicolas Anelka (2), Salomon Kalou, Ashley Cole and Frank Lampard's penalty left Chelsea champions and on the brink of a League and FA Cup double.

Newcastle 8-0 Sheff Wed- September 1999

664644_10_preview.jpg

Alan Shearer bagged five goals - including two penalties - as relegation-bound Wednesday were routed at St James' Park. Aaron Hughes set the ball rolling, while Kieron Dyer and Gary Speed netted in the second half.

Nottm Forest 1-8 Man Utd - February 1999

664645_10_preview.jpg

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer came off the bench to fire four goals in the last 10 minutes in this rout of Forest, who went down at the end of the campaign. Andy Cole and Dwight Yorke each got two goals, with Alan Rogers briefly levelling matters for Forest.

PREMIER LEAGUE'S BIGGEST WINS

Man Utd 9-0 Ipswich - Mar 95

Tottenham 9-1 Wigan - Nov 09

Chelsea 8-0 Wigan - May 10

Newcastle 8-0 Sheff Wed - Sep 99

M'brough 8-1 Man City - May 08

Nottm For 1-8 Man Utd - Feb 99

Chelsea 7-0 Stoke - Apr 10

Arsenal 7-0 Everton - May 05

Blackburn 7-0 Nottm For - Nov 95

Man Utd 7-0 Barnsley - Oct 97

Arsenal 7-0 M'brough - Jan 06

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Siao man, Owen Hargreaves going to Man City? :eek::eek::eek::eek:
He can forget about his England call up, play 1 full match is quite impossible too, pengz.....

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Siao man, Owen Hargreaves going to Man City? :eek::eek::eek::eek:
He can forget about his England call up, play 1 full match is quite impossible too, pengz.....
itz better than keeping sick cat in the squad.:biggrin: exchange sick cat for sum money, gd deal lah.:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
He was on the brink of signing for West Brom and I suspect Hodgson must have called Fergie for a brief on Owen's condition. From what I heard from friends, the guy's football career is as good as over. Its a debilitating condition that is unlikely to improve. United has the best medical support in the premier league and if they let a player go for free, it must say something about the player. If anything, it probably explains why his agent approached Man. City.

It's such a waste that it had to end this way. Hargreaves was a good defensive midfielder and had he been free from injury, I think Man U would have dominated the Premier league.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Chelski buy Frank Ribery, I think the EPL trophy will land in Stamford Bridge for sure.:mad:
180,000 pounds per week will be the 'new normal'.
*************************************************************************************************************************

Chelsea target £30million Franck Ribery after going cold on Luka Modric
By MARK IRWIN
Published: Today The Sun

CHELSEA made a £30million move for French star Franck Ribery yesterday.
Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas has turned to Ribery in his search for a world-class playmaker after being frustrated by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's tough stance over Luka Modric.

But Bayern Munich will not consider a deal for less than £36m. The Blues are ready to hand him a pay deal worth £10m a year.

Now AVB must decide whether to match the German giants' valuation.

Chelsea are determined they are not going to be left behind by Manchester United and big-spending Manchester City.

Carlo Ancelotti tried to sign Ribery, 28, two years ago but was quoted a price of £88m by Bayern president Uli Hoeness.

Bayern forked out a record £22m to sign him from Marseille in 2007.

He is the highest paid player in Germany and still has four years of his £180,000-a-week contract to run.

But he is trying to restore his reputation after being indicted for soliciting an underage prostitute last year and banned for his part in France's World Cup strike.

AVB also offered £7m plus Yossi Benayoun for Liverpool's Portuguese midfielder Raul Meireles, but that was rejected

Last edited:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He was on the brink of signing for West Brom and I suspect Hodgson must have called Fergie for a brief on Owen's condition. From what I heard from friends, the guy's football career is as good as over. Its a debilitating condition that is unlikely to improve. United has the best medical support in the premier league and if they let a player go for free, it must say something about the player. If anything, it probably explains why his agent approached Man. City.

It's such a waste that it had to end this way. Hargreaves was a good defensive midfielder and had he been free from injury, I think Man U would have dominated the Premier league.

sad for Owen Heagraves...hopefully he can have better prospects outside football like management.

U never know, a crocked player could turn out to be a good manager.

He reminds me of another sickpot - Darren Anderton ...LOL

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Chelski buy Frank Ribery, I think the EPL trophy will land in Stamford Bridge for sure.:mad:
180,000 pounds per week will be the 'new normal'.
**************************************************************************************************************************

Chelsea target £30million Franck Ribery after going cold on Luka Modric
By MARK IRWIN
Published: Today

CHELSEA made a £30million move for French star Franck Ribery yesterday.
Blues boss Andre Villas-Boas has turned to Ribery in his search for a world-class playmaker after being frustrated by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy's tough stance over Luka Modric.

But Bayern Munich will not consider a deal for less than £36m. The Blues are ready to hand him a pay deal worth £10m a year.

Now AVB must decide whether to match the German giants' valuation.

Chelsea are determined they are not going to be left behind by Manchester United and big-spending Manchester City.

Carlo Ancelotti tried to sign Ribery, 28, two years ago but was quoted a price of £88m by Bayern president Uli Hoeness.

Bayern forked out a record £22m to sign him from Marseille in 2007.

He is the highest paid player in Germany and still has four years of his £180,000-a-week contract to run.

But he is trying to restore his reputation after being indicted for soliciting an underage prostitute last year and banned for his part in France's World Cup strike.

AVB also offered £7m plus Yossi Benayoun for Liverpool's Portuguese midfielder Raul Meireles, but that was rejected

WTF....they might as well go entertain Sneijder? LOL

SAF used to crave for Ribery leh...but i think after a poor performance during the WC, the craving went cold.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
WTF....they might as well go entertain Sneijder? LOL

SAF used to crave for Ribery leh...but i think after a poor performance during the WC, the craving went cold.

Ya but I think he started to fark underage prostitutes and I dun think SAF likes that and it was the same with Benzema. Imagine if he were to land at OT, Rooney and Ribery will exchange info on all the hookers from London to Manchester.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
From a fan's point of view, i worry for Man U's midfield options. Yes, cleverly, young, nani, anderson are performing well so far. They might win the BPL but they are definitely not going to beat Barca for the CL.

CL bolster their already sibeh strong midfield with Fabregas & Alexis Sanchez and the new youngster (sorry cannot rem name) who score a beautiful goal against Man U in the friendly.

Begs the question, if either one eg: Cleverly is injured, or Young is injured...who to step up to give the creative spark? Nani ? He is too inconsistent. He is like Ronaldo initially...

Anderson? he is not the creative player we are looking for. Carrick has faded alot. Giggs? He is too old to run.

Park has no brains because he just run ... left only Valencia who is more of a winger. Ever since Keane left, no strong defensive midfielder or the midfield general. it is a big question mark if Fletcher can regain his form, in any case, I look at him, not the typical DM that I will fear.

We need 2 more midfielders...Pogba, I haven't see him but even if he is good, he needs some experience...

Its a slim hope....i really hope to see Sneijder in Man U shirt...that will be perfect.

Esp since Man City has bolster their midfield with talents, ditto for Chelsea. Man U midfielder is better than liverpool. But i have reservations against Man City and Chelsea.

And for sure, they are still lacking against Barca.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ribery? hahaha... dun trust the Frenchy, LOL. Red Amoeba is right, I rather they go chase Sneijder.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ya but I think he started to fark underage prostitutes and I dun think SAF likes that and it was the same with Benzema. Imagine if he were to land at OT, Rooney and Ribery will exchange info on all the hookers from London to Manchester.

agreed bro...but anytime better than that Terry... LOL...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ribery? hahaha... dun trust the Frenchy, LOL. Red Amoeba is right, I rather they go chase Sneijder.

NO !....Sneijder for Man U or he stays at Inter....

actually, SAF speaks good French, he can work with French well - Cantona, Evra, Barthez, Blanc.