• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Manchester United Season 2011-12

David Luiz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thursday 19th January 2012

730261_33_preview.jpg

"De Gea can wait 10 years to be No. 1"

Manchester United goalkeeper Anders Lindegaard believes team-mate David de Gea will definitely be the number one at Old Trafford one day.

However, he has warned the Spaniard he could face a long wait. Lindegaard has played United's last three games, with De Gea seemingly paying the price for a poor performance in the 3-2 home defeat to Blackburn. And although the Dane is full of praise for his rival, he has no plans to give up his place in the side lightly. Asked if he thought De Gea could one day be the best in the world, Lindegaard said: "Of course I do. He has extraordinary attributes, extremely explosive and powerful.

"He is only 21. His potential is massive and there is no doubt he will be United's best goalkeeper at some point. "My job is to make sure it is not until I have retired. Which is in 10 years." Quoted in several national newspapers, Lindegaard added: "I am very proud of what I have made out of this.

"Three years ago I was in Denmark's second division. Nobody knew my name. When I first came here nobody could pronounce it. "It has been fantastic to this point and right now is not the time to relax about it, but to keep pushing on, to get better and to get the best for yourself and the club. "It is the first time I have played three games in a row and that is what I want, to play as much as possible, but I don't need a definition of my position."

"I am doing everything I can to help David. I enjoy working with him." Meanwhile, United defender Nemanja Vidic has backed his team-mates to enjoy their traditionally strong finish to the season and retain the Premier League title. United have been badly hit by injuries and currently trail Manchester City by three points, but Vidic - who has been ruled out for the rest of the season - told BBC North West Tonight: "I'm positive.

"We've had problems with injuries but it seems all the players are getting back and getting fitter. We will be better than we were in the first half of the season. "It's not bad for the city of Manchester to have two teams competing for the title - as long as we finish in first place."

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Man Utd accept West Ham bid for Morrison

Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Tue, 01/31/2012 - 11:57

Manchester United have accepted a £1 million offer from West Ham United for Ravel Morrison.

Morrison's agent is in the process of negotiating personal terms for the 18-year-old.

Morrison stunned United by demanding £30,000 a week, despite the player making just three first-team appearances.

Sir Alex Ferguson has expressed his exasperation with the talented but troubled teenager, describing his demands as 'unrealistic'.

http://http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/man-utd-accept-west-ham-bid-morrison-2668171

Maybe it's better that he leaves.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Missed watching, as blxxdy Mio screwed up (timely!) so followed live commentary on BBC. How did DG do, fumble crosses again? But heard he pulled off couple great saves. When I heard Evan's OG (again), almost said aloud he shd be castrated!:o

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the most impossible of angles, Sturridge hit the ball firmly enough to ricochet off DG and it hit Evans who had absolutely no clue as to how he could have position himself better to avoid conceding an own goal. That clown didn't disappoint me. You didn't miss much in the first half but second half was XXXciting. It reached a climax when Hernandez headed in the equalizer just a few feet away from goal. Ooooohhh....:biggrin:

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The goals Man U conceded were all due to silly defensive errors. Ferdinand realized late that the tall David Luiz was in a good scoring position if the cross from the freekick is delivered short. The third goal was a defensive lapse by Raphael who was nowhere near Mata when he hammered in a volley from a Torres cross.

Howard Webb was United's savior and should have been the 'Man of the Match' when he awarded a dubious penalty to the Red Devils when we were trailing 0-3. I think he was trying to make amends for his earlier mistake for not awarding a penalty in the early minutes of the first half when Cahill was adjudged to have miss timed his tackle on Welbeck.

If Howard Webb were to officiate the remaining games Man U have to play, I would urge all punters to bang BIG on Utd winning the Premier league this season.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You didn't miss much in the first half but second half was XXXciting. It reached a climax when Hernandez headed in the equalizer just a few feet away from goal. Ooooohhh....:biggrin:
Thanks, appreciate analysis. When I read equalizer in dying minutes, orgas man. Howard Webb deserves accolades then! Heard AVB was despondent when final whistle blew. What drama

jw5

Loyal
Howard Webb was United's savior and should have been the 'Man of the Match' when he awarded a dubious penalty to the Red Devils when we were trailing 0-3. I think he was trying to make amends for his earlier mistake for not awarding a penalty in the early minutes of the first half when Cahill was adjudged to have miss timed his tackle on Welbeck.

The first penalty was definitely a penalty.
The replay showed clearly that Sturridge kicked Evra's right leg.
The second was a little dubious but Ivranovic did have his leg out and Welbeck fell over it.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
The first penalty was definitely a penalty.
The replay showed clearly that Sturridge kicked Evra's right leg.
The second was a little dubious but Ivranovic did have his leg out and Welbeck fell over it.

Evra tried to shield the ball from Sturridge and in his own clumsy way lunge forward with his right leg into the path of a backtracking Sturridge.I thot the contact did not deserve a penalty. In fact, I would have given a free kick the other way. Both were soft penalty decisions. We were lucky to get away with a draw which was no more than what we deserved.

The Cahill-Welbeck incident was definitely a penalty and I can understand why Fergie went ballistic with the linesman who probably had a better view of the incident. Had we gotten a penalty so early, the results may have gone our way but then again beggars can't be choosers.We'll settle for a precious point. I am beginning to like Howard Webb.:biggrin:

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Evra tried to shield the ball from Sturridge and in his own clumsy way lunge forward with his right leg into the path of a backtracking Sturridge.I thot the contact did not deserve a penalty. In fact, I would have given a free kick the other way. Both were soft penalty decisions. We were lucky to get away with a draw which was no more than what we deserved.

The Cahill-Welbeck incident was definitely a penalty and I can understand why Fergie went ballistic with the linesman who probably had a better view of the incident. Had we gotten a penalty so early, the results may have gone our way but then again beggars can't be choosers.We'll settle for a precious point. I am beginning to like Howard Webb.:biggrin:

from way I view the replay...i think Evra purposely seek for the penalty taking advantage of Sturridge's inexperience. He knew Sturridge is coming in, so he stepped inwards to make contact to gain a penalty. Probably as revenge for giving away the first goal.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there are now 3 stooges of Man U's defense. Evra, Ferdinand and Evans.

Actually, to be very precise, the entire back line of Man U needs to be overhauled.

First goal to Chelsea - fault of Evra, for letting Sturridge get past him and so bloody close to the goal. Evans is there at the wrong place wrong time. De Gea should be more alert - he ought to punch the ball high and away instead of attempting to flap at it.

Evra is getting worse. He is at fault for Liverpool's winning goal, miss marking Kuyt. He is again at fault for letting Sturridge past him.

Second goal is a gem from Mata although I think Rafael should have picked up Mata's run into the box. WTF is he doing at CB position and replay showed him running towards Mata trying to block with a flying kick. Rafael maybe young lacked the experience and discipline. He often think himself as attacking wing back (like roberto carlos?), sometimes with good outcome -eg: Park's equaliser against Liverpool. But sometimes with bad result - eg: Arsenal's goal and Chelsea's second goal arise from him being absent from his position.

3rd goal - fault of Ferdinand. He let Luiz get slightly away from him. And for dead balls, its mighty important to guard especially the tallest player.

1st penalty to Man U, crafted by skill of Evra against inexperienced Sturridge. Second penalty is "soft"? No, i don't think so leh...I clearly see the leg of Ivanovic tripping Welbeck.

Third goal is a gem by Hernandez. And kudos to Giggs who at 39 proved to be evergreen. At the same time, i feel sad for Man U to have to depend on him. Ashley Young I heard is crap that day probably after a long layoff.

De Gea redeemed himself with 2 outstanding saves esp the flying save against Mata's free kick. He need to bulk up actually to be more menacing especially in the box, when dealing with high balls and 1 on 1.

Overall, I think Man U will do good to maintain such form. Beating Liverpool this weekend is a must, as revenge for FA Cup.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
from way I view the replay...i think Evra purposely seek for the penalty taking advantage of Sturridge's inexperience. He knew Sturridge is coming in, so he stepped inwards to make contact to gain a penalty. Probably as revenge for giving away the first goal.
Evra has an awkward style of shielding the ball.If it were 50/50 balls his style could easily be construed as an obstruction.The first goal Utd conceded was silly and Evra should have just gone in for the tackle and see the ball out.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suarez by refusing to shake Evra's hand, reflects a total lack of sportsmanship, no wonder, Evra went after his blood minutes into the game, a dangerous tackle that wrongfully went into Ferdinand. I wonder if he will be out of the Ajax game because of this.

Man U has the last laugh, 2-1, quick-fire Rooney goals. Both came at the expense of Liverpool's defending error and the second goal, partially due to the physical prowness of Welbeck.

WTF is Glen Johnson doing? Allowing Rooney to ghost past him to hook in the first goal...LOL...and obi-good that De Gea managed to tip over his drive towards the end.

Second goal, Jay Spearing gave the ball away...wait, Jay Spearing, isn't he a rising talent? WTF is he pandering with the ball at the back - isn't he a defensive midfielder? And kudos to Welbeck for barging past him, I like this lad more and more, tall and lanky, he has good phyiscal pressence - no wonder Berbatov is squeezing his balls on the bench. But Welbeck must bulk up more, like that no one can stop him LOL...

Goal by Liverpool, mistake by Evans (why am i not surprised)...oh my god, Fergie please ship him out this summer and get someone decent, I heard Subotic mentioned? Or please rush Smalling / Jones back.

My view on Suarez, he is a talent - I think he is better than Tevez. Fergie is evil in saying that Liverpool should ship out Suarez LOL, that he can create and score Liverpool's goal speaks as such.

There are alot of "naughty" boys in football, and racism is prevalent. John Terry is another one but he is still playing isn't he? Cantona is a bad boy too, his kungfu kick reminded us of his talent but he went on to become a legend.

Lets not be hypocrite regarding racism. It is just wallpapering the underlying sentiments of the anglo-saxons. Otherwise, who started the slave-trading business in the first place?