• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Man who wins $1.7m Toto speaks up

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If the ticket was sold, could have fetched 10% more. Many who make money the illegal way need such tickets to convert their cash to see daylight.

the market rate now is 15% ....:cool:

not only these people buy those ticket to " wash money " they also open coffeeshops , restaurants , KTV ( k-box :wink: boon leng is the boss of k-box , he is also one of the biggest bookie in singapore ) , jewellery shop ( boss of taka jewellery is boon leng relative ) ...ect....

Last edited:

NoelVermillion

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ultimate moron. Sure, there are lesser chances of people going to rob you in broad daylight. But never underestimate the human greed for money, his friends and some relatives will sell him out. It is too common.

Weekim

Alfrescian
Loyal
He worked hard for his whole life and yet just earning $2k per mth with O.T. This is what life in SG is about..... TOTO is our only hope to succeed yah!!!!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20101102.090634_101101-millionare.jpg

.He said: "Even if a person spends (a lot), he probably cannot use up this sum of money."

What the heck he talking..1.7mil is just enough to buy a condo in sg..:confused:
I'm pretty sure he will end up giving back the 1.7mil to 4d, etc

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What the heck he talking..1.7mil is just enough to buy a condo in sg..:confused:
I'm pretty sure he will end up giving back the 1.7mil to 4d, etc

Would be foolish to put 100% into property. Once govt reaches 7-8 million population limit, how much can property appreciate?

Invest in stocks and gold. Much better prospects. Don't invest in Singapore.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

not only these people buy those ticket to " wash money " they also open coffeeshops , restaurants , KTV ( k-box :wink: boon leng is the boss of k-box , he is also one of the biggest bookie in singapore ) , jewellery shop ( boss of taka jewellery is boon leng relative ) ...ect....

Apologies. Didn't update myself. Not too long ago, a chap was charged in court for such an offence. He claimed the money from S'pore Pools after buying a winning ticket. Upon investigation, he failed to recall the outlet he purchased the ticket from. Worse, he could not recall the winning number. Amount struck was big, real big. Needless to say, he was convicted.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

how the hell does this boon leng fella become such a big bookie without getting jailed?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how the hell does this boon leng fella become such a big bookie without getting jailed?

Boon Leng aka Jason Lee is son-in-law of Mary Chia who is running a very successful chain of slimming centres. He lives at Chancery Lane.

20 yrs ago, with three others, he ran many "horse racing machine" outlets. Made a pile from there. But gambled away all too, through real horses and soccer.

Yes, he is doing very well today. SAF Warriors recreation club was run by his cronies. Was told they had hidden rooms within the club housing illegal "jackpot machines". He is very close to the Warriors boss. Col Kok I think.

Boon Leng also very close to police officers. He used to play badminton at the old Traffic Police building along Maxwell. Many were investigated by CPIB and several convicted and went to jail. He remains "untouchable".

I too wonder how he manage K-Box. Rental and renovation will kill him but apparently he is ok even though we all know K-Box cannot be profitable with the prices they charge. He used to be a shareholder at the disco pub along Fullerton but was closed coz of a murder case there. Kabuki was his too but sold to some chaps from Jurong.

Last I heard, he was trying to change his profile. Close to a BBM chap (his advisor) and finding ways to be recognised via a PBM or BBM. Won't be surprised if he contributes to the CCC and/or RC.

Many accused him of money laundering but until there is evidence, a person is innocent till proven guilty.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ha Ha, it would be very funny to be charged with money laundrying given Spores reputation as a money laundrying hub :biggrin:

It all depends on the personalities involved. If ah long, bookie, 4D boss, all moneylaundering. If some super rich Indon, investment!

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
if i strike i won't speak up, and keep quiet low profile. otherwise lots of new friends and family appear want a piece of my pie!

Not only friends and relatives..... you will have representatives from all the charity groups and organisations hounding you for donations from morning till nite everyday until you wish you had not been the winner.

Change address change home or rent houses to hide from them oso no use cos these people seem to know your whereabouts even if you keep very low profile...... I believe the authorities are the ones feeding them your whereabouts so you will give back some of your winnings. :mad:

Y

Yip Hon

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are people who strike at least several Toto grand prizes each year.

We call them "ministers".

You forgot two very old ones, that strike THE sinGAPORE SWEEP regularly, one is called the president & the other MM!:biggrin:

While we 'lesser mortals', have to have hope, dreams & delusions just to hunger after a few millions at best, with our blood sweat & tears earnings.

What a different the day make, if you are a MEMBER! :rolleyes: