• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Making political attack on NEA officers is "arrogant and wrong": Vivian Balakrishnan

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Making political attack on NEA officers is "arrogant and wrong": Vivian Balakrish

But I stand by my estimation that he is costing taxpayers $68 million to feed him till he dies.

I think figure is more. Let count average salary plus bonus $3~4m/year. That not included perk such as entertainment/body guard/driver......and if included will be more than $5m/year easily hit $10m.

jw5

Loyal
Re: Making political attack on NEA officers is "arrogant and wrong": Vivian Balakrish

Hentah kaki cepat hentah!!!

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vivian Balakrishnan making a political comeback?

‘Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Dr Vivian Balakrishnan has joined in the hawker centres’ cleaning disputes.

He said it is “arrogant and wrong” of Ms Sylvia Lim to make a political attack on National Environment Agency (NEA) officers for simply doing their job….’

Vivian is calling Sylvia Lim arrogant and wrong for taking a shot at NEA in the hawker centre cleaning dispute. So who is arrogant and who is not arrogant, and who is right and who is wrong?

Vivian has been out of the limelight for a while after the Youth Festival and the acrimony he incurred for blowing the budget by an astronomical sum. Netizens were quite hostile to him and only stopped when he went out of sight and out of the news media. He was eclipsed politically.

Vivian’s latest attack at Sylvia Lim is unwise as the bad blood against him is still there. What is he hoping to do by this attack? To defend his NEA officers is one thing, to attack another politician by calling Sylvia arrogant is not going to be well received. If he is thinking of making a political comeback, to be in the lime light again, he will be surprised. He will hoard the limelight for sure, but for all the wrong reasons and he might regret making this latest statement.

Personally I think his political career is over, even if he is fielded in the next GE. His public image is far from the early days when he entered politics or before he entered politics. He is always remembered for his infamous reply to Lily Neo in Parliament. That is quite a chip to get rid off from his shoulder.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/...ign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mrs Vivian should take a course in Budgetting 101 than sticking his head into his NEA dispute. He no head no tail still want to comment.
He call people arrogant, what about himself? NEA didnt do a good job & people die from dengue wor.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Vivian and NEA kill a second person

Sporeans might ignore all the honest mistakes, over spending, ...etc.

However when it comes to dying I wonder if they will vote for the PAP the next time around :confused:

Pinky on leave la, NEA have till June 15 to either 1. kill all mosquitoes, 2. quarantine all mosquitoes inside oppie wards or 3. claim oppies created the dengue scourge. So now they start blaming WP never clean ceiling, next thing you know, those very ceilings are mosquito breeding grounds.

I love it how while we are currently experiencing a major dengue outbreak which shows no sign of abating, NEA seem more interested in fixing the opposition.

Went to bedok 511 market two weeks ago, food tastes good, must be the dirty ceilings. :biggrin:

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pinky on leave la, NEA have till June 15 to either 1. kill all mosquitoes, 2. quarantine all mosquitoes inside oppie wards or 3. claim oppies created the dengue scourge ...
no worries ... deadline wil b xtended ...

wen ah loon cums back, 1st ting he do is 2 go in2 hiding ... or, mayb, he wil hide loonger outside sinkielan ...

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal

Collection millions from peasants is right?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think figure is more. Let count average salary plus bonus $3~4m/year. That not included perk such as entertainment/body guard/driver......and if included will be more than $5m/year easily hit $10m.

It is definitely more ...the scholar sits on multiple boards, earning at least another $50k if not more. Then there are those who 'retires', thus receiving pension, and then works in GLC.

goldenmonkey

Alfrescian
Loyal

ok hold your fire.
I wish to ask, on the rental increase, is he talking about the hawker centre, coffeeshop or resturant?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Vivian Balakrishnan making a political comeback?

‘Minister for the Environment and Water Resources Dr Vivian Balakrishnan has joined in the hawker centres’ cleaning disputes.

He said it is “arrogant and wrong” of Ms Sylvia Lim to make a political attack on National Environment Agency (NEA) officers for simply doing their job….’

Vivian is calling Sylvia Lim arrogant and wrong for taking a shot at NEA in the hawker centre cleaning dispute. So who is arrogant and who is not arrogant, and who is right and who is wrong?

Vivian has been out of the limelight for a while after the Youth Festival and the acrimony he incurred for blowing the budget by an astronomical sum. Netizens were quite hostile to him and only stopped when he went out of sight and out of the news media. He was eclipsed politically.

Vivian’s latest attack at Sylvia Lim is unwise as the bad blood against him is still there. What is he hoping to do by this attack? To defend his NEA officers is one thing, to attack another politician by calling Sylvia arrogant is not going to be well received. If he is thinking of making a political comeback, to be in the lime light again, he will be surprised. He will hoard the limelight for sure, but for all the wrong reasons and he might regret making this latest statement.

Personally I think his political career is over, even if he is fielded in the next GE. His public image is far from the early days when he entered politics or before he entered politics. He is always remembered for his infamous reply to Lily Neo in Parliament. That is quite a chip to get rid off from his shoulder.

http://mysingaporenews.blogspot.sg/...ign=Feed:+MySingaporeNews+(My+Singapore+News)

It is utterly arrogant for a government department to launch a series of politically motivated attacks on elected MPs. If the WP TC has breached the rules, then take action. The NEA couldn't take any action because NO rules were broken. But it launched this attack as part of the overall PAP strategy to portrayed the WP as incompetents in the running of estates.

WP should seize this opportunity to remind sinkees of the incessant attacks by the PAP on the Opposition. Remind sinkees that tax dollars are being wasted on political games to serve the interests of the PAP.

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal

///
he was an eye surgeon with SNEC.
///
xxx

I was refering to $400 million YOC games, can do 50 million $8 khaw heart bypass.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Pinky on leave la, NEA have till June 15 to either 1. kill all mosquitoes, 2. quarantine all mosquitoes inside oppie wards or 3. claim oppies created the dengue scourge. So now they start blaming WP never clean ceiling, next thing you know, those very ceilings are mosquito breeding grounds.

I love it how while we are currently experiencing a major dengue outbreak which shows no sign of abating, NEA seem more interested in fixing the opposition.

Went to bedok 511 market two weeks ago, food tastes good, must be the dirty ceilings. :biggrin:

I live in a PAP ward. Recently my neighbour came down with dengue & the NEA came looking around for mosquitoes. As far as I know they didn't find anyone breeding mosquitoes in the neighbourhood.

The problem is that my neighbour could have been bitten anywhere in Spore. Playing politics on people health is not going to win the PAP any votes. It just shows how petty they are.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The gang raping by PAP and kangaroos done on those who wrote against them are not arrogant and wrong at all.

The way PAP show their cheebye faces while screwing and fucking sinkies not arrogant and wrong at all.

Everything PAP thugs and cockroaches do so fucking right and good.
Vivian should stick his fucking head in public toilet bowl and drown himself if he got any honour
But we know Vivian and PAP no fucking honor at all so they carry on robbing us sinkies

VOTE ALL THOSE BASTARDS OUT IN 2016

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I live in a PAP ward. Recently my neighbour came down with dengue & the NEA came looking around for mosquitoes. As far as I know they didn't find anyone breeding mosquitoes in the neighbourhood.

The problem is that my neighbour could have been bitten anywhere in Spore. Playing politics on people health is not going to win the PAP any votes. It just shows how petty they are.
They are either plain lazy or just incompetent....or both.
And if that's not enough........all these shenanigans by the highly paid ministers and civil servants to score political points and/or to divert attention away from the real issues caused by their laziness and incompetence.
In first world countries such dead wood would either be sack or resign in shame

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All of you are simply being too complacent. 2 cases only want to kpkb..Go other country and take a look...

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

now we have to worry about another mozzie borne disease: Chikugunya

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/steep-rise-chikungunya-cases-year-20130507

More than 100 people have been infected by chikungunya in Singapore this year, a steep rise from just three to six annually for the past three years.

Most of the cases are in the Kranji-Sungei Kadut area, but a growing cluster has emerged in the Bukit Timah area.

This painful mosquito-borne disease is not endemic here, unlike dengue which is raging in the eastern part of Singapore.

In the past three years, there were between 12 and 26 cases of chikungunya a year, of which only three to six each year were contracted in Singapore.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

All of you are simply being too complacent. 2 cases only want to kpkb..Go other country and take a look...

The minister and NEA CEO will suck up $68 million each from taxpayers over their lifetime. $136 million! That's not small change to taxpayers. Of course, we demand more ...at least give us $136 million in value mah.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The minister and NEA CEO will suck up $68 million each from taxpayers over their lifetime. $136 million! That's not small change to taxpayers. Of course, we demand more ...at least give us $136 million in value mah.

Paiseh..I was just echoing for the boss sam..wait for his reply on this.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Paiseh..I was just echoing for the boss sam..wait for his reply on this.

That's very important, must always be on the good books of the boss until you plan to quit. :biggrin: