• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Made in China Phones at Sim Lim Square

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am amazed at hese chinese made phones. They have dual sim cards, tv phones, even can record tv programs, watch phones. I-Phones look alike.

Has anyone bought and used any of these phones? If so I have the following questions.

1) Are they reliable?

2) Some are sold as QUAD BANDS. I was told it's only dual band. So how can we check if its Quad or Dual band? Can we key some code on the key pad to find out? I do not wish to travel to the US and find out too late that it cannot be used there.

3) 2 sim cards means double the radio waves? If so this is bad for health?

4) The watch phones are neat. Any users in this forum that can write a user's report?

5) Any 3G or 3.5 G models?

Thanks and much appreciated if anyone here can write that experiences with these China made mobile phones!

Can also list the model numbers and pricing? Thanks!

mediumcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are very cheap and have excellent features no found in may branded handphones, but don't look for some features such as 3G 3.5G wifi etc Internet functions. GPRS can work in some of them.

They are good at:

* Touch screen
* Chinese pen / finger writing input
* TV reception & recording
* micro-SD USB thumb drive
* video & digital camera (up to 8 Mega Pix w flash light & moving lens)
* Dual micro-SD card
* Dual SIM simultaneously working, some are 3 SIM 3 line simultaneous
* excellent long battery life 5 days to last
* very loud music MP3 & TV audio
* MP4 video and play MTV with good sound
* FM radio loud & clear
* audio recording, record phone conversations
* good alarm & calendar functions
* some spy & security function very unique - can mix faked background sound pretending to be in office / street / meeting etc environments. Security function can track back lost phones
* video games

Most models are between S$150 to $200, heavy guns are up to S$220.

I use some of these myself.

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
China electronic products are well known to have very fancy functionalities and packed with state of the art IT features. But trust me on this: DON'T BUY! China IT goods have very poor reliability and are not stress tested. The China handphones have a usage life of probably 1/4 that of Samsung or Nokia.

mediumcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
China electronic products are well known to have very fancy functionalities and packed with state of the art IT features. But trust me on this: DON'T BUY! China IT goods have very poor reliability and are not stress tested. The China handphones have a usage life of probably 1/4 that of Samsung or Nokia.

That is a myth to trust these Ang Mo & Korean brands.

My LG phone still under warranty fucked up as hell and I just sold it instead of send it for service. My Motorola went back for exchange twice within the first 2 months. My Nokia went blank screen & turned itself off brand new, it will also re-boot itself half way while talking, I sent back they returned it to me said nothing was found wrong, 2nd time I fucked them before they promised to check seriously, they returned to me said fixed. But it is still fucking same fault! I threw that back at them with lots of piss, then they replaced it for me.

I am not saying PRC phone no faults, I saw people exchanging warranty when I was buying my. I am not worried, because I know that I can exchange if anything goes wrong.

Any way it is cheap and good. My is still under warranty and have no fault. But I am eying a new model that has longer battery life & new function. So cheap, I can afford to have another without selling away the older one.

Why bother to sign a fucking contract with Singtel / M1 / Starhub to get a phone? Why pay so much for them?

I will never do that again ever.

These Singtel / M1 / Starhub jacked up phone prices to make you sign / renew their contracts. Too exploiting and lucrative. Even if they sent you vouchers just throw them away!

Buy better and more exciting PRC phones, these are the future winners, no body will ever beat the PRC in phones, they are so well developed and progressing so fast. You know 70% of Nokia are made in Shen Zhen ?

The PRC don't bother to copy Nokia Ericson etc any more. Because these brands are too poor functions and not cost effective to copy. PRC companies are stronger and leading the technology already, they don't copy from these losers. Just like in DVD players business, Philips and Sony & Samsung are copying from PRC brands the Standard and functionalities, and still lacking behind in price by too much.

The way PRC is winning in electronic market is stronger than Japan was winning the Ang Moh 20 years ago. Completely wipe-out and in much faster cycle time.

In no time even NASA will be behind PRC.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should come over here in china and shop all you want... almost limitless selection of handphones at cheap price... i got a dual sim card a year ago and still working fine... comes with a power packed mp3 player.. mpeg4 player... touch pad... for a price RMB 1,300

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are very cheap and have excellent features no found in may branded handphones, but don't look for some features such as 3G 3.5G wifi etc Internet functions. GPRS can work in some of them.

They are good at:

* Touch screen
* Chinese pen / finger writing input
* TV reception & recording
* micro-SD USB thumb drive
* video & digital camera (up to 8 Mega Pix w flash light & moving lens)
* Dual micro-SD card
* Dual SIM simultaneously working, some are 3 SIM 3 line simultaneous
* excellent long battery life 5 days to last
* very loud music MP3 & TV audio
* MP4 video and play MTV with good sound
* FM radio loud & clear
* audio recording, record phone conversations
* good alarm & calendar functions
* some spy & security function very unique - can mix faked background sound pretending to be in office / street / meeting etc environments. Security function can track back lost phones
* video games

Most models are between S$150 to $200, heavy guns are up to S$220.

I use some of these myself.

WOW...Spy functions as well. Can recommend which models to look at?
Guess no 3G so cannot use video calls? Video calls very important as my kakis and I always use video calls when we hit the health centers for live shows to each other:p

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy better and more exciting PRC phones, these are the future winners, no body will ever beat the PRC in phones, they are so well developed and progressing so fast. You know 70% of Nokia are made in Shen Zhen ?

The way PRC is winning in electronic market is stronger than Japan was winning the Ang Moh 20 years ago. Completely wipe-out and in much faster cycle time.

My HK friend showed me his China made dual SIM card phone he just bought on a trip home and I think I want to get one now. It makes a lot of sense not to get into a contract and still need the phone outside the local provider's zone.

BTW, off the subject but still referring to brand reliability - my GE cordless home phone fucked up just a few days after the 30 day warranty ran out! Even though its PRC made, I remember I bought it because the GE label looked better than AudioVox or some other funny brand. One evening, my home phone just "hung" (don't know what term to use) and I called the phone company on my cell phone, they guy on the other side told me if I was using a cordless and as soon as I said yes, he said to unplug it and immediately the other phones on that line worked!

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me in BJ and I don't see many people using local brand phones. Maybe more pouplar for those with lower income cause its cheap. Out of my 30+ PRC staff, only one use a local brand. Most popular brand is still Nokia and Samsung. Wanted to buy a local brand phone and ask them which is good but instead they told me not to buy cause they are not reliable. However they told me that the brand "K-Touch" is pretty good and is known as the "Nokia of China". Not sure whether its available in S'pore. Looks pretty well built from the outside. A regular Dual Sim Card phones cost only RMB500 - RMB600.

nkfnkfnkf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me in BJ and I don't see many people using local brand phones. Maybe more pouplar for those with lower income cause its cheap. Out of my 30+ PRC staff, only one use a local brand. Most popular brand is still Nokia and Samsung. Wanted to buy a local brand phone and ask them which is good but instead they told me not to buy cause they are not reliable. However they told me that the brand "K-Touch" is pretty good and is known as the "Nokia of China". Not sure whether its available in S'pore. Looks pretty well built from the outside. A regular Dual Sim Card phones cost only RMB500 - RMB600.

This is true and I tell you why.

THE GRASS ON THE OTHER SIDE IS GREENER AS ALWAYS

PRCs all want to use Ang Moh handphone including Apple iphone. Non-PRCs want to use PRC phones these days indeed.
:smile:

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friend has one and it's many functions as mentioned and low price.

if it could last for a year, then enough for the price.

pocoyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most models are between S$150 to $200, heavy guns are up to S$220.[/QUOTE]

Bro, are they on windows mobile(English)?

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get the "K-Touch" brand if you can. Its the "Nokia of China"

I've been using my CNY800 dual SIM card with 5 mega pixels camera phone for almost 2 years now. Apart from the slow response in using the English SMS and camera, the rest of the features work fine.

I threw my Samsung dual SIM card phone after just 1 day because it kept re-starting itself.

I'm just wondering why the other big brands like Nokia and Sony don't make dual sim card phones because there is a huge market out there dominated by China brands.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not trying to advertise here. But, I see a lot of china made phones at dealextreme dot com. Around $80-$150USD. Some are direct iphones/htc clones. Not sure about the quality as I shop there for cheap gadgets once in a while.

lauhumku

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not trying to advertise here. But, I see a lot of china made phones at dealextreme dot com. Around $80-$150USD. Some are direct iphones/htc clones. Not sure about the quality as I shop there for cheap gadgets once in a while.

You don't have to search for it at all. Just yesterday we had a salesman in this forum peddling fake ones and was banned. :biggrin:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ha...you may want to check out the china mei mei salesgirl at the shops selling the mobile phones, they will tell you more and who knows, may give you special price...:biggrin:

I am amazed at hese chinese made phones. They have dual sim cards, tv phones, even can record tv programs, watch phones. I-Phones look alike.

Has anyone bought and used any of these phones? If so I have the following questions.

1) Are they reliable?

2) Some are sold as QUAD BANDS. I was told it's only dual band. So how can we check if its Quad or Dual band? Can we key some code on the key pad to find out? I do not wish to travel to the US and find out too late that it cannot be used there.

3) 2 sim cards means double the radio waves? If so this is bad for health?

4) The watch phones are neat. Any users in this forum that can write a user's report?

5) Any 3G or 3.5 G models?

Thanks and much appreciated if anyone here can write that experiences with these China made mobile phones!

Can also list the model numbers and pricing? Thanks!

crispian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Working in China for the last 3 years and has been using PRC hp for the same period. Can say it's just as good as the other branded hp, if not better. Currently using a "Apple" i-phone with dual card. No complaints at all. Besides, most branded hp are made in China anyway, and it's more pricey as compare to the PRC brands.

RK85

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a China iphone bought in China by a frd. 32 MB version for only $150. Used for 4 – 5 mths now; still working fine. Interface almost same as original Apple iphone. Some Apple iphone users can’t even tell the difference. Only downside, no wi-fi & cannot download apps.

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah, iphone, ipad, ipod all made in China. Their supply chain is first rate. From LCD touch screen to plastics. So if supplier can meet Apple standards then they can produce similar quality for OEM brands. I think they have trouble producing poorer quality products.

When you become a subcon main con or big players like HP, Cisco, Apple want to know type of equipment you have. You must have the Mark X stamping machine or Mark z plastic extrusion machine from germany. Once you have it your qc is there and when you produce for OEM your quality is still the same.