• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LRT train hit Technician carrying out maintenance works

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
SMRT tuakee liao...LRT technician mati liao..

KNN yesterday die, today then report....tryin to cover up issit? KNN smrt now tuakee liao....let see how whether multicolour hair malaysian ceo bitch get the sack or not...:mad::oIo:

Injured LRT technician dies
By Kon Xin Hua

THE Light Rapid Transit (LRT) technician who sustained head injuries and needed a leg amputation as a result of a train accident while attending to an electrical fault, died last Friday.

Mr Chia Teck Heng, 48, was at a designated walkway, checking the power rail between Phoenix and Bukit Panjang stations, when an oncoming train hit him at Phoenix station at about 8am on Oct 17.

The 1.5m wide walkway runs throughout the LRT system, between the two rail tracks, and has yellow demarcation lines on both sides.

The Sunday Times understands that train operator SMRT has strict regulations on staff access when they go onto the tracks. Its operation control centre approves every access, which is closely monitored.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: SMRT tuakee liao...LRT technician mati liao..

I thought earlier report said he's "recovering from amputation."

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Nothing has been explained about how a technician on the track could be hit by a train at 8 a.m. when the first train is supposed to start at 9 a.m.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Man lose leg after LRT hit him

Nowadays SMRT has employed lots of Foreign Trash, I believe some didn't know the correct protocol and caused this fatal accident. As usual, silence is golden when things turned ugly to SMRT. Anything Malu, keep quiet. If someone screamed world class transport, you can bet 200% the shit times will have it highlighted in bold in their front page with the ugly looking CEO photo enlarged too. This is typical PAP ugly culture.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal

in NEL, the command ctr will do a first sweep from as early as 0530hrs throughout Punggol to harbourfront and vice versa. This is to ensure the train runs smoothly.

In this LRT accident, i deduced that someone at the command ctr actually gave green light to the technician to go onto the track. And somehow due to miscommunication at the command ctr, they activate the LRT to move.
So it's a big screwup(communication problem, staff slacking).

I think this case can be considered a criminal offence.

Nothing has been explained about how a technician on the track could be hit by a train at 8 a.m. when the first train is supposed to start at 9 a.m.

busdriver111

Alfrescian
Loyal

Section 304A Penal Code. Causing death by rash or negligent act.

But you think they will actually charge anyone for that?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think you are familiar with the TV series, Time Tunnel or Twilight Zone, the poor man entered a time tunnel & ended up in the twilight zone.

Same as with MSK & WKS....the later is still asking him how he climbed out of the toliet...MSK went into the twilight zone ( where WKS is still is) & came out of the time tunnel and went over to JB ( where Najeeb is)..:biggrin:

They used casio watches....that is the reason, the train ran at 8am instead of 9am....:rolleyes:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

LRT start early not 9am. Management dont even know the operation time anyhow comment thinking all staff start work in office hour.

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal

i am going to sell my SMRT shares, fuck care! this organisation doesn't deserve my support.:mad:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How to get hit if he is working on the "designated walkway"??:confused::confused:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal

even it is so, LTA has laid down guidelines that no working when train is running. This is the most basic protocol to observe! SMRT really screw up big time!!! A life is lost and they came out with some "get well soon" kind of condolence. WTF!:mad:

How to get hit if he is working on the "designated walkway"??:confused::confused:

fictionman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the LRT accident technician dead???

Could some1 pls tell me if the technician that was run over by LRT is alive or dead already???...Many conflicting reports...One thing for sure is that SMRT trying to cover up the incident as it was only reported in newspaper two weeks after the incident...

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Is the LRT accident technician dead???

Oct 31, 2010
Injured LRT technician dies
By Kon Xin Hua

THE Light Rapid Transit (LRT) technician who had head injuries and needed a leg amputation as a result of a train accident while attending to an electrical fault, died last Friday.

Mr Chia Teck Heng, 48, was at a designated walkway, checking the power rail between Phoenix and Bukit Panjang stations, when an oncoming train hit him at Phoenix station at about 8am on Oct 17.

The 1.5m wide walkway runs throughout the LRT system, between the two rail tracks, and has yellow demarcation lines on both sides.

The Sunday Times understands that train operator SMRT has strict regulations on staff access when they go onto the tracks. Its operation control centre approves every access, which is closely monitored.

Details are as yet unclear as to the cause of death and investigations are ongoing.

Mr Chia had severe injuries to his head and legs. His right leg was amputated. He was warded at the National University Hospital's surgical intensive care unit. But his condition worsened, and he died at about 5.45pm last Friday without emerging from a coma.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

even it is so, LTA has laid down guidelines that no working when train is running. This is the most basic protocol to observe! SMRT really screw up big time!!! A life is lost and they came out with some "get well soon" kind of condolence. WTF!:mad:

Maybe...de "Get well soon" condolence...are dedicated to AssMRT...Find some crappy reason...push all de responsibility to some mid mgt scapegoat...case close...all well end well...:rolleyes::oIo:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

Nowadays SMRT has employed lots of Foreign Trash, I believe some didn't know the correct protocol and caused this fatal accident. As usual, silence is golden when things turned ugly to SMRT. Anything Malu, keep quiet. If someone screamed world class transport, you can bet 200% the shit times will have it highlighted in bold in their front page with the ugly looking CEO photo enlarged too. This is typical PAP ugly culture.

yes! last time singapore is a kiasi kaisu in term of safety, and i proud of that! we once had a consider first class in safety as compair to neighbour countries. but now with tons of trashes flashing in, everything had dropped!!!