• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Okane

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, Okane san

You should be looking at the recently launched phase 7B and phase 8B, also current new launch "Courtyard 3". If you see the master plan from their website: www.nusaidaman.com, the site office is sitting on Phase 8F.

PS: the website is a bit siow siow aka gila, sometimes they bring you to a "domain name" reservation website. But try again later when it's up.

The phase 8B showhouse opens till 3pm on weekdays and till 5pm on weekends according to the learned security auntie :biggrin:

happy viewing and wish you the best in your pursuit of happyness :smile:

Hi Pasture,
Will be going down tomorrow to see NI as well. Thanks for the info. Any idea if they have show houses for me to see also?

Okane

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Pasture,

Sorry miss out on your info on the showroom which I ask the same question again.

Seems like there is a lake at 8B. Must be very nice

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago, when i was staying in the west, can hear the motar bombs at a distance at Murai training grounds. bearable...i rem happen once a while, not everyday..i think during major exercise when they use all live ammos....once they start developing the Tengah side for housing, i suppose all these got to be reduced further also..i think eventually samma live firings either at offshore islands or overseas...in Sing, every inch of land maciam gold.

brother yonglip,

thanks for the nostelgic reminder. i remember days of yore after firing off those mortar rounds in the SAFTI live firing area, in the still of the night, sitting atop our armoured mortar carrier, we can hear the distant "disco party"-ing from the NTU campus, can even see the occasional "disco" light flickering...while we are camping out at the knoll feeding mosquitos.

Apply to NTU, kena rejected - KNN ! Bo pian after working for a couple of years and part-time giving tuition at night and on weekends post ROD, went over to UK for my studies...on a partial limpeh scholarship. Those were the days, young blooded and full of energy :cool:

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think i have fulfilled my quota of "make your first 10 post anywhere else before your nick..." so here goes:smile:

List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Iskandar Malaysia. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick and nationality to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 (Singaporean, Chinese) - The Gateway, The Golf, Nusa Duta.
-Sisters (Singaporean, Chinese),
-Sister's BF (SPR, East Malaysian [Kuching, Sarawak])
-Relatives (Singaporean, Chinese),
-Friends (Singaporean, Malaysian (Malacca, KL, Kedah, Pahang, Kelantan [Tenant]), German, Australian, Korean)
-Colleagues (Singaporean, Malaysians, soon to be Italian and UK)
-Total 29 bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor (Singaporean, Chinese) - East Ledang.
3. Analytical Professor (Singaporean) - Setia Tropika
4. Sanur - Leisure farm's Polo View
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm's Bayou Water Village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm's Polo View
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile (Singaporean) - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm's Pinggiran Bayou
12. East539 (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis & Bro in law (Singaporean) - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - East Ledang
16. TheGolf - Horizon Hills
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal (British, North London, home of the gunner) - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife (Both Msian, Vincent from Ipoh, Perak; wife from Selangor) - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow (Malaysian, JB Skudai) - Bestari Heights - Astoria
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family (Singaporean) - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg (Singaporean) - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks (Indian, Sg PR) - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo (Singaporean) - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian (Singaporean; Wife SPR, Ipoh) - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour (Singaporean) - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. darrkie.y - taman molek
45. Leisure - KIV leisure farm pinggiran bayou, east ledang or 1 medini
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked (Singaporean) - East Ledang
48. investjb (Malaysian, Sarawak) - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence
49. limmcd (Malaysian, Johor, Sg PR) - HH, BI, Ujana, Fortune Point, Nusa villa, Horizon Residence
50. spidey (Malaysian, KL, Sg PR) - Bandar Dato Onn
51. Icyraine (Malaysia, Born in Penang, Grow up in KL, Work in JB) - HH (going to seal the deal on coming monday!), Sri Samudera, Golden Sands
52. Blue_S (Malaysian, Sarawak, SPR) - Ujana, Horizon Residence
53. fairies (Singaporean) - Ledang Heights
54. Fairwaysuites (Malaysian, Penang, SPR) - HH Golf and Fairway Suites
55. Ray2104 (Singaporean) -D'Esplanade Residence @ KSL City
56. Crystal (Singaporean) - Nusa Idaman
57. Pasture8 (Singaporean, 45%Chinese[southern-Hokkian]45%Chinese[northern-Hakka]9%Indo[Medan]1%[?Austronesian]) - Nusa Idaman

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi can i find out if the pple from singapore buying are mainly chinese, malays or expats?

Why? Is this important?

Many Many Singaporeans might think that those who dare to buy house and stay in Malaysia are either;
1) Singaporean Malays
2) Expats working in Singapore

So, hope we are able to prove those Singaporeans wrong(by revealing that most of us are Singaporean Chinese).
Let them 'Da kai yen jie'(big open eye world) and stop being a 'sua ku'(mountain tortoise) OR 'sua teng lang'(mountain top people) OR 'frog in a well'(no need to translate lah).

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forumer KohLianTye posted the below.
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?106696-The-Malay-Race-Is-Truly-A-Very-Gracious-One-Humble-and-Helpful

The Malay Race Is Truly A Very Gracious One - Humble and Helpful

No matter what people may say, I want to put it in writing to say that the Malays here and in Malaysia are by and large a very gracious, humble and helpful people. They are very polite people. approachable and renders help immediately irregardless of who you may be.
They are also very good in sports and the entertainment industry.
I like to encounter two past encounters with them that led to me to come to my conclusion. One was an encounter on land in malaysia and the other at sea. Incidentally both incidents concerned Malays from Malaysia.

Land Encounter:
Once I was driving towards Kelantan and had an encounter with very friendly, helpful and concerned Malays from the nearby kampong. My old junkie car got over-heated. My friends and me went to a nearby stream close to a Malay kampong. In so doing we had to enter the well-swept, clean and green Malay Kampong. I was holding a plastic jerry can. There was a pondok (communal hut) nearby and some Malay elders were seating there having their cigarettes. They saw us walking up. One of them, the oldest immediately stood up with an unsteady gait asked us what was wrong. When we related our problems to him, he immediately called some young people from the kampong and told them to get water from the well. The youngsters obeyed his command and assisted us in refilling the hot radiator.
In the menatime, we were given teh-o and some kueh by the kampong ladies. We were all touched by their gesture, especially when they heard that we are from Singapore and that Singaporeans are good people.

Sea Encounter:
Many years ago, I accompanied my friend in his Dynaglass Fishing Boat from 14 ms Sembawang End and headed towards the direction of Ponggol End. Half way through the benzine for the outboard motor dried up. Not realising that the oil was gone, my friend kept switching the ignition key until the carbon inside the starter gave way. Having connected the fuel-hose to the second jerry can of benzine, he tried starting the engine frantically by using the pulley cord. Many attempts failed and the miserable cord gave way too. Menawhile our boat was drifing dangerously towards Pasir Gudang and into the direction of huge vessels that may be coming into the ports of Semabwang and Pasir Gudang. It was already dark. We used the torchlight to shine out to sea. A small sampan (fishing boat) appeared. The Malay man on board, a Malaysian offered help. The engine could not start. He then used his boat and started to pull us towards Ponggol coastline. He was very close when the flashing lights of a Singapore Coastguard vessel was seen. We were stopped and an inspection carried out. We told the policemen on board about what happened. They thanked the Malay man and advised him to go back to his waters, which he did. Prior to that we wanted to give him $50 for all his help. He refused, smiled and told us that as humans we have to help one another, especially at sea. The gentleman then disappaered in the darkness.
All this and many other incidents of help from the Malay community has proven that the Malays are indeed a very gracious people.Courtesy begets courtesy. Speak to the Malay Immigratiion and Kastams people with respect and they will surely reciprocate. Be rude to them and you too will get bad treatment.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
rest assured, nothing to worry about, hear only about once a month, may be even two months apart, usually a nite exercise, very seldom a dawn exercise, a few mortar explosions. never disturb my daily living and sleeping. birds on the trees dun seem to find the noise a nuisance. may be they are used to it too.
I dont know if the live firing exercise across the tiny strip of sea between this part of Nusajaya and Spore will affect the daily affair of those residing or working in these Medini offices which are high rise and perhaps less than 5km away from the live firing. Already, Leisure Farm residents have confirmed that the noise could be heard. If thats the case, then I think this will be a major hiccup when there are occupants.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Iskandar Malaysia. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick and nationality to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

-Friends (Singaporean, Malaysian (Malacca, KL, Kedah, Pahang, Kelantan [Tenant]), German, Australian, Korean)
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
15. Lynn - East Ledang
19. Vincentck & Wife (Both Msian, Vincent from Ipoh, Perak; wife from Selangor) - NI
23. LastResort Family (Singaporean) - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
28. mallow - Nusajaya
31. narmi - NI
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo (Singaporean) - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika, Setia Eco Cascadia
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
46. avelc - Nusajaya
48. investjb (Malaysian, Sarawak) - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence
49. limmcd (Malaysian, Johor, Sg PR) - HH, BI, Ujana, Fortune Point, Nusa villa, Horizon Residence
51. Icyraine (Malaysia, Born in Penang, Grow up in KL, Work in JB) - HH (going to seal the deal on coming monday!), Sri Samudera, Golden Sands
56. Crystal (Singaporean) - Nusa Idaman
57. Pasture8 (Singaporean, 45%Chinese[southern-Hokkian]45%Chinese[northern-Hakka]9%Indo[Medan]1%[?Austronesian]) - Nusa Idaman

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
On this racism issue, dunno if you follow EPL.
In that part of the world, that John Terry just said "i never say you "fxxxxxx black cxxt" " also can kenna jialat jialat.
Criminal charges & must go court answer some more.
That Suarez just said one word also kenna ban 8 matches.
Dun pray pray over there....:biggrin:

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Pasture,

Sorry miss out on your info on the showroom which I ask the same question again.

Seems like there is a lake at 8B. Must be very nice

No problem Okane,

Yes, the NI lake is situated in precicnt 8. Thought i read somewhere the perimeter is 4.8Km but it seems to me more like 2.4Km. A ballpark estimation, it is roughly half the size of pungol park. But then again visual estimation may not be accurate. Having said that, the lake lends a soothing ambience with the gentle splashing sound of its two fountains.

But will have to think of ?maintenance and ?servicing. :confused:

Last edited:

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've been searching for property in Skudai and anyone has tips? Just found this forum today.

Past few days I've been corresponding with one medini and it appears their reply always less than what I expected.
It seems like they are not very keen to answer the questions and always reply with standard template.

anyway this is the latest compiled reply:
The selling price range for 1 Medini is RM390 to RM450psf.

The show gallery will be opened by next month.
Official sales launch: Jan 2012
Available type: A, B & D

I'm not sure whether this development as a good choice as the region is pretty much under development.

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many thanks B Seri, even though I don't understand since I only travel Second Link lol, but it's for benefit of others, so hopefully he/she familiar enough with area to understand.

teck21, crystal taught me this. if you have gps, set it to tune hotel. once you see it, you will see a big sign saying nusajaya (can't miss it). after that you should hit the new coastal highway soon.

Last edited:

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a late comer but would appreciate if someone can share their wealth knowledge.
I intend to own a house nearby Singapore for retirement (probably in 20 years time). However buying a house and leave it empty doesn't seem to be a good idea.

so my ideal would be to buy house/condo/etc which I can rent it out to fetch at least least equal interest yield as the housing interest itself (but that doesn't seem possible in new development such as Skudai).

Can someone advice me which development that fits the above purpose:
- foreigners eligibility
- potential for renting out

thanks..

sggecko

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
15. Lynn - East Ledang
28. mallow - Nusajaya
31. narmi - NI
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo (Singaporean) - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
46. avelc - Nusajaya
56. Crystal (Singaporean, chinese, hakka ) - Nusa Idaman
57. Pasture8 (Singaporean, 45%Chinese[southern-Hokkian]45%Chinese[northern-Hakka]9%Indo[Medan]1%[?Austronesian]) - Nusa Idaman[/QUOTE]

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No problem Okane,

Yes, the NI lake is situated in precicnt 8. Thought i read somewhere the perimeter is 4.8Km but it seems to me more like 2.4Km. A ballpark estimation, it is roughly half the size of pungol park. But then again visual estimation may not be accurate. Having said that, the lake lends a soothing ambience with the gentle splashing sound of its two fountains.

But will have to think of ?maintenance and ?servicing. :confused:

As of yesterday, e color of lake is like Teh Tarik like few mths ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.