• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Lemans
Sorry to hear that. PM me if you are ever keen to sell your EL place as i may have a friend (calling me lots recently) who may be keen to come as he is considering HH or EL.

I actually drive a number of cars, non as good as your conti of course but they are not Proton cars (no offence to any Proton drivers). A learned neighbour of mine who, other than having lots of houses here and in SG (still has 4 houses and 1 condo in Singapore) drives around in a beat up and old MY registered Proton car. He also has other cars as well. One of the reasons i moved out here was that i could get access to more types of cars than i could easily get in Singapore but thats me i guess. Everyone views a car as a different thing, some will get the best, some will just get those which fits their requirements most. Some will just view it as a transport, nothing more.

Most of my neighbour have ok cars and some from Germany or other marques. Even my ex boss drives a German or conti car, ok make that 2 ex bosses as they both have houses here now.

These days, I drive mostly cars from Asian marques but those slightly better than average. You can still get a mid range car or even a high end MY one and just drive here with no issues. Lots of Vellfire if you are into Jap stuff. Just saw a nice Audi just now. The other day, a number of nice Italian cars was driving around here so its not really the end.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
LGLab, i salute you for caring about your parents even though you are adopted, you still care for them.
I really wish long life and happiness for you.

It's a good thing that you would like to provide a scenery enviroment for your parents. It will be good if they drive or else they will be cooped up in the estate all day. Life will be difficult if you don't drive in msia. Public transport is not easily accessible. I have an aunt who used to stay at Pelangi area, she took her driving license and got a car when she move further up to Mount Austin area at the age of 55. That's to show that it can be inconvenient for a local too.
As for your kid's education, unless you can afford private school. Or else, I still think Sin is better.

Hi Geritan, yes having a car is better. www.carlist.com.my is a good place and a bad place as well. Everything i go there, i must resist going to the "dark side".
For bros who need a school bus to send Singapore, there are many, including this one:
http://centurybus.com.my

Disclaimer: Wuqi is not affliated with any bus companies or any developers and will continue to be so. His personal choice was, is and always has been clear. Its his personal choice and your mileage may differ. More power to you if you feel you found a better place. Wuqi will be happy for you as long as you took the time and have the guts to see things for yourself. Again, it does not even have to be Johore or even Malaysia. It can be anywhere. There is a real world beyond our borders.

The writing is now starting to appear on the wall, i still think that things will take a while. Messages do take a while to digest.
To some, it is time to awaken, awaken from our Vanilla skies.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Elites want sg to be new york of the east. ny attracts talents from other us states, as well as the whole world, sg can only eye ft. new yorkers take pride to be a new yorker, but they dun hv any privilege over other Americans. sg has to make adjustment not to lose out its ATTRACTIVENESS. follow the americans, unless one wish to remain in rat race till drop dead, prepare a nest outside ny.
my friend's brother works for MOM. He is sent to India FT for 3 years and he mentions there is a whole team of them in various countries including China to head hunt and attract more FT into SG. Not for blue collar jobs but for white collar ones.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Vincentck, I was referring to causeway via JB custom. As for the direction to Tuas via EL, you can try to enter the coastal highway towards right of the main guardhouse, but as it is cordoned off/blocked at the moment, you might want to take the longer route for now, i.e. towards Jusco.
Thanks bro, must have misread your post. I didn't try turning right this morning; will explore more this weekend.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
vincentck said:
Hi Shawn, Not sure yet; our schedule hasn't settled into a fixed routine yet. And we're still not getting enough sleep because we come home late and leave the house by 7am+. Where do you stay?

Oh its mus be tiring~currently i stay with my gf house which is at bukit idah. So u already reside to MY? Good to hear that. Alot food around if u dono can ask me hehe...

pslim

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
I am interested to get a unit at horizon hills. Seen a few listing in some of the agency website. I am not sure how to go about. Can we just call up Agent who list their unit to arrange viewing or to just one agent to source.
Not sure what is the most efficient way to go about it.
Generally, What the reasonable price range for to expect for resale terrace, cluster, , 2 or 2.5 storey semi d. Or is it better to get new one from the developer.
Thks

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia, Singapore urged to tap each other’s advantages

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Trade and Industry Minister Lim Hng Kiang has urged Malaysia and Singapore to capitalise on each other's comparative advantages to brave the global economic volatilities ahead.

“In the uncertain global economic climate, Malaysia and Singapore should reinforce each other's growth by finding collaborative niches in the manufacturing and services value chains. This will help us ride out the economic volatility that lies ahead,” he said at the Malaysia-Singapore Business Forum 2011 last week.

Lim also encouraged businesses in Singapore to leverage their expertise with Malaysian companies by integrating business or manufacturing processes across the borders.

Lim: ‘Iskandar and Singapore could well have the potential to develop into a seamless economic space some day.’

“The close proximity between Iskandar Malaysia and Singapore means that managing such integrated processes can be faster and easier. This is a valuable proposition that should be exploited.

“Looking ahead into the future, with the right match of industries and connectivity for goods and people further enhanced, Iskandar and Singapore could well have the potential to develop into a seamless economic space some day,” he said.

Singapore is Malaysia's largest trading partner. From January to October 2011, bilateral trade grew 3.8% to US$92.6bil (RM296bil) from the same corresponding period.

According to the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (Mida), Singapore was the fifth largest investor in Malaysia for the first eight months of 2011, contributing RM1.9bil worth of manufacturing-related investments.

Meanwhile, International Trade and Industry Minister Datuk Seri Mustapa Mohamed said companies from both Malaysia and Singapore needed to find a balance on where they could compete with and complement each other.

“We have to be realistic. In some areas we complement, other areas we compete. At the end of the day, it's about who is the most productive and it's the best man that wins.”

They are just paving the way for the 3rd link...

cheers.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Need some advice, me and wife is thinking of investing in a property in JB, and she quite like D'esplanade on top of KSL city. Is it a good investment.

Very new to property in JB , so hope bros here can help to give some advice.

Thanks

the place is ok la..got cinema/tesco/nearness to causeway..there will always be people wanting to rent the place for its convenience.

but pricey now...so it will be more of rental income rather than capital gains.

cheers.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
LGLab, i salute you for caring about your parents even though you are adopted, you still care for them.
I really wish long life and happiness for you.

Hi Geritan, yes having a car is better. www.carlist.com.my is a good place and a bad place as well. Everything i go there, i must resist going to the "dark side".
For bros who need a school bus to send Singapore, there are many, including this one:
http://centurybus.com.my

Disclaimer: Wuqi is not affliated with any bus companies or any developers and will continue to be so. His personal choice was, is and always has been clear. Its his personal choice and your mileage may differ. More power to you if you feel you found a better place. Wuqi will be happy for you as long as you took the time and have the guts to see things for yourself. Again, it does not even have to be Johore or even Malaysia. It can be anywhere. There is a real world beyond our borders.

The writing is now starting to appear on the wall, i still think that things will take a while. Messages do take a while to digest.
To some, it is time to awaken, awaken from our Vanilla skies.

Sir Wuqi,

If I am really really bad hearted - looking at my parents asset of 1 4 room HDB and their cash in bank I have to take care of them.
Haha..

My parents care for me and send me for education, hire me all the world tuition teacher just to make sure i passed my secondary school.
($40 per 1.5 hrs).. send me go braces when i need them..
Therefore, it is my liability to give them better living while they are living..

By the way, to buy HH, I am only forking out <$10000 because my funds had already dried up buying 4 room HDB this year..
my mum willing to fork out $50000 to assist to downpay for this apartment.

Do you think it is feasible? as in, she is right now putting her $$ in fixed deposit for euro / aussie dollars.
1 year only get interest of like $360++

I really do not want to ruin their 棺材本 by doing the wrong thing..

:(:(

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great to hear that .
Yes Tesco has gd rates but last sat i kenna a rude cashier keep asking me whether i have small change instead of using $50 ... hee ...
Get a part time cleaner to do it , i think its not tat ex .... hee , rem u have to enjoy the big space house but no to slave to the house ...
I dun know abt famous money changer leh , if its wuqi recommend de , but i dun rem seeing steambaot when i drive by ...
I think I might do that too; use large SGD notes for large purchases; like maybe total more than RM50, then use S$50 to pay. Cannot be so "abusive" to use S$50 to pay for a less-than-RM20 total. I'm a perfectionist and I'm afraid if I get a cleaner to do it, I won't be happy with their work. See how it is after a few months... Haha

Same here don't like cleaning. :biggrin:
hope you have a smooth transition now that you're at the other side.
thanks bro euphony.

So there are 2 rules here? One for locals and one for foreigner? Does not make sense...another flip flop policy? Let me check with the banker Bros, keep you all updated.
I think the rules are different for Klang valley and Johor region; not sure about Penang and northern states. But do let us know if u managed to find out from your banker. I'll email my mortgage broker too and ask her.

u r right bro - loan agreement....but still have to pay the fees...
Yup, whether SPA or loan agreement, still have to pay legal fees for both if you buy subsale. Looks like the lawyers are the ones always making money.

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it will be jammed pack. Some areas will still have escape valves and once you know where the side roads are, it becomes easier.
Walk like an egyptian, drive like a malaysian. :wink:

Potential of heavy traffic ard that corner is another reason stopping me from investing in SKY XXXXX & Nusa DXXX project. it supposed to be a luxury and relax lifestyle but high potential end up with taffic issue in and out during office hours and weekends. unless somebody doing something to the road, else i'll try to avoid investing in such risk.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh its mus be tiring~currently i stay with my gf house which is at bukit idah. So u already reside to MY? Good to hear that. Alot food around if u dono can ask me hehe...
Well Shawn, it's only Day 2 now and we haven't recovered from our weekend move into HH yet. And now is the Dec school holidays... Tengok macam mana lah... Heheh

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys

Another qn , I wan to go Johor Premier Outlet this friday , how do I go from Bukit Indah or Mydin ?
Do I need to go back to tebrau to take expressway and to Skudai , Senai ?

Thanks in advance.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a good thing that you would like to provide a scenery enviroment for your parents. It will be good if they drive or else they will be cooped up in the estate all day. Life will be difficult if you don't drive in msia. Public transport is not easily accessible. I have an aunt who used to stay at Pelangi area, she took her driving license and got a car when she move further up to Mount Austin area at the age of 55. That's to show that it can be inconvenient for a local too.
As for your kid's education, unless you can afford private school. Or else, I still think Sin is better.

Dear geritan,

My parents do not know how to drive. My parents have problem walking, therefore I dont think it is advisable for them to move around much.
My mother is with walking frame and my dad is with parkinson disease.

I am thinking to get a cheap SG proton car to allow them to come to SG once/twice per week and go back JB - just to get hold of the 'chop' and visit temple.

I have planned to have my kid to study in childcare in SG till age of 6 and see how it goes,

I have heard that the childcare in Singapore take them in as early as 8am and we must fetch them by 7pm.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys

Another qn , I wan to go Johor Premier Outlet this friday , how do I go from Bukit Indah or Mydin ?

Thanks in advance.

Sis,
Going to the outlet on its first day (opening) will be frustrating. cant imagine how many people will go there. just imagine finding a car park already stressfull. finding place to eat also another stress, all eating outlet will be packed !!!

just my opinion.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis,
Going to the outlet on its first day (opening) will be frustrating. cant imagine how many people will go there. just imagine finding a car park already stressfull. finding place to eat also another stress, all eating outlet will be packed !!!

just my opinion.

Hi

Oh , coz I am taking leave to settle some bank issues in Jb , thought of dropping by to see it .... heee ....
If like that , I go and watch movie la ...
Thanks

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys

Thanks in advance.

from bukit indah...head towards Pulai interchange...instead of turning to tuas (going to sing)..head towards KL..then its just another straight 14km drive towards Genting Indahpura...you should see signs along the way pointing to shopping paradise land...haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.