• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal sis, nothing to be afraid of. It is considered very very safe in JB. We have traveled to a small town in Masai and it is full of people. But you will never want to drive there especially in a continental MPV like we did. For the few hours we were there, we did not see a single Singapore plated car. We drove to the town centre but had to quickly make a u turn back to Seri Alam because the place is really scary. You see all kinds of people walking around, suddenly you can see a gang of people walking towards your car and you know your sg plated car stands out. Damn, almost had a hard time making that U turn. It is more scary than going to Pontian Kukup or any other cowboy town in JB.

still scare scare , coz i was driving alone and scare tyre burst , engine die on me etc ....surroundings only trees ....

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My first day of driving in from HH to work; left the house at 7.20am and reach office by 8.30am. Stress-free because there was little traffic at both immigration points and I sat all the way from Joo Koon mrt to Tiong Bahru mrt; while my wife drove the car to her office at Tuas. But it could be lesser cars now because of the school holidays; so hopefully the traffic won't be too bad once school opens in January.

Vincent

How is it living in HH compare to SG ? Did u have a smooth moving?
Hope u will also let us know any gd eateries ardound the area.

Cheers

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I ask more question? Bank interest rate normally how much?

Lets say I buy 560k RM property and downpay 20% of it.

How much interest PA they charge?
Loan amount - RM448k (80% loan)
Interest rate (BLR-2.4%) - 4.2%
Tenure: 25 years

Monthly payment will be RM2415; while total interest paid is approximately RM280k

If tenure is 30 years, monthly payment drops to RM2191 and total interest paid will be RM341k

Calculated using my loan calculator.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent

How is it living in HH compare to SG ? Did u have a smooth moving?
Hope u will also let us know any gd eateries ardound the area.

Cheers
Hi Crystal, thanks for asking. I LOVE the space in the house.... but I don't like cleaning it.... hehehe... spent 3 weekends in HH cleaning and moving my stuff; half a lorry-load at S$400 and 3 times moving smaller stuff using my car, fully-loaded. Yesterday was the last load in the car, no problems with MY customs even though they saw an old stand fan, iron, etc.

Haven't had a chance to enjoy the living yet because I don't have curtains, tables or chairs in the house; just our sofa set, TV and bed. So, will spend another month unpacking the stuff and buying some basic furniture. One thing good as shared by other forummers is that Tesco accepts SGD and their rate is unusually higher than the money changer. e.g. on Sat, the rate was 2.44 even though it was showing as 2.43 on www.xe.com.

One good eatery that I like (dunno if anyone has shared it on the forum) is the steamboat/bbq restaurant next to the "famous" money-changer; only RM22.90 for a lot of food and the soups taste good too. There's also a mobile asam laksa stall (not the usual curry laksa found in SG) that operates together with cendol/rojak/ice-kacang seller. They sell yam cake too... very nice.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
LG:

gotta practice patience abit for the subsequent practs advanced theory and then the test itself. All the best for it! If your schedule allows you can cram them in, I finished mine in BBDC within 3 months from registration to taking the license (I had my basic passed previously). though you might be looking at a ginormous asking price for a new car afterwards with the COE implosion. Or the worry about flooded cars in the 2nd hand market... And then insurance for L-plate is not cheap.

I also don't advice new drivers to use the woodlands/CIQ in peak hour traffic. It can get nasty for the driver really quickly and easily i have seen too many being tail ended or side swiped by countless motorbikes etc. Need to let you know about the realities to car ownership and commute though get a good one and you'll be laughing for a long time. :cool:

i want my license!! !:(:(

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Crystal, thanks for asking. I LOVE the space in the house.... but I don't like cleaning it.... hehehe... spent 3 weekends in HH cleaning and moving my stuff; half a lorry-load at S$400 and 3 times moving smaller stuff using my car, fully-loaded. Yesterday was the last load in the car, no problems with MY customs even though they saw an old stand fan, iron, etc.

Haven't had a chance to enjoy the living yet because I don't have curtains, tables or chairs in the house; just our sofa set, TV and bed. So, will spend another month unpacking the stuff and buying some basic furniture. One thing good as shared by other forummers is that Tesco accepts SGD and their rate is unusually higher than the money changer. e.g. on Sat, the rate was 2.44 even though it was showing as 2.43 on www.xe.com.

One good eatery that I like (dunno if anyone has shared it on the forum) is the steamboat/bbq restaurant next to the "famous" money-changer; only RM22.90 for a lot of food and the soups taste good too. There's also a mobile asam laksa stall (not the usual curry laksa found in SG) that operates together with cendol/rojak/ice-kacang seller. They sell yam cake too... very nice.

Great to hear that .
Yes Tesco has gd rates but last sat i kenna a rude cashier keep asking me whether i have small change instead of using $50 ... hee ...
Get a part time cleaner to do it , i think its not tat ex .... hee , rem u have to enjoy the big space house but no to slave to the house ...
I dun know abt famous money changer leh , if its wuqi recommend de , but i dun rem seeing steambaot when i drive by ...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here don't like cleaning. :biggrin:
hope you have a smooth transition now that you're at the other side.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read this news today on potential tough times for Singapore property market in the next 3 years:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...11/31734/bleak-outlook-for-singapore-property

Although I am not a believer in these bank analysts, some of the points in this article makes sense. I am wondering what impact this possible correction in Singapore will have in Iskandar:

1) Will it be better as more Singaporeans will go towards Iskandar, given the affordability during hard times and the prospects of catching a falling knife by buying in Singapore?

2) Or will this be bad news for Iskandar as well, as most folks will wait for prices to correct in Singapore, rather than buy in Iskandar?

3) It will not matter as many of us, as we see on this forum, are just looking for a different quality of life, more openness, fresh air etc, and the Singapore dynamics will not really make a difference.

Last edited:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I spoke with 2 agents before and they said buyer has to pay 1%.. I read from some news article also confirming that as well...

So there are 2 rules here? One for locals and one for foreigner? Does not make sense...another flip flop policy? Let me check with the banker Bros, keep you all updated.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought the document between buyer and bank is just the loan agreement, whilst SPA is commonly the term used to describe the agreement between the vendor (seller) and the buyer.

u r right bro - loan agreement....but still have to pay the fees...

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
erm , for msia properties , why buy from SG ? usually the currency rate is not so gd . no costs savings ....
only save the hassle to commute to msia .

For this Encrop project, heard they engaged HSR to market for them as they do not have sales office in MY.
Maybe at this high price, they can test the SG market and at the same time create awareness.
If the response is good, the next tower 2 will be placed at higher price.
Let's see.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
im intending to buy HH for own staying, becus for the scenery it can provide for the elderly..

may parents are both 69 and 73 .. im age 28.. im adopted. single kid,... married with a new born and a PRC wife..

wow bro, you really look very far ahead - i buy for my retirement...you buy is for your parents retirement....how i wish my children can do that for me!!

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read this news today on potential tough times for Singapore property market in the next 3 years:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/prop...11/31734/bleak-outlook-for-singapore-property

Although I am not a believer in these bank analysts, some of the points in this article makes sense. I am wondering what impact this possible correction in Singapore will have in Iskandar:

1) Will it be better as more Singaporeans will go towards Iskandar, given the affordability during hard times and the prospects of catching a falling knife by buying in Singapore?

2) Or will this be bad news for Iskandar as well, as most folks will wait for prices to correct in Singapore, rather than buy in Iskandar?

3) It will not matter as many of us, as we see on this forum, are just looking for a different quality of life, more openness, fresh air etc, and the Singapore dynamics will not really make a difference.

Boats rise and fall with tide...

Yep, but point number 3 is really al that matters to many of us. :smile:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Spidey
From causeway to danga bay direction , go to Tune hotel on the left and straight u can see see the coastal highway . Have fun driving there as not much cars , but at night its a bit scary ! coz no lights and a pitch of darkness when u look at yr mirrors!
U can exit B. Indah to go Jusco , or another exit to HH .

Thanks - will definitely look out for the signs tomorrow...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who have time, its interesting to purview the video and see SG in the statistics compared to the rest of the world and the point of the speaker about equality.

[video=youtube;cZ7LzE3u7Bw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZ7LzE3u7Bw[/video]

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Absolut:

I only saw your entry when i was scrolling all the way back. Sorry that the new users generally don't get their messages approved so it'll take sometime to appear and may be missed by the general board users. Firstly, sorry to hear that the tropika deal fell through, if you're still interested in LF like you have indicated can visit the sales office and let them show you around (dunno whether you've come here to see the place since september). I think they should roughly know who wants to sell off their units in LF (though at this point in time I don't think there're much on the re-sale market) and can link you up. I hope you find your dream home wherever it is in time to come!

Status
Not open for further replies.