• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Water woes at Ion's loos force closure of toilets
Unusually low pressure forces Orchard Road mall to close toilets; one restaurant unable to serve drinking water to customers"

30oct2011...

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wondering how do bros here pay your mortgage in Malaysia.

My plan is to use a flexi-linked loan account where they will calculate your interest payable based on remaining principal minus the balance in the current account.
Transfer 1 years worth of installments into the current account and let it be deducted every month.
Extra money sitting in there is actually helping me save interest costs. (though there's a RM10 monthly fee for the facility)
I'll transfer the money from Sg to My about once every yr.
Not logical to do it monthly and incur the additional TT charges.

For the money transfer, I'm thinking of www.pay2home.com.
It charges $9 every transaction to any malaysia bank account regardless of amount remitted.
Currency conversion rates is supposed to be better than banks.
Any bros used b4 ?

I read somewhere that can use moneychanger to transfer to malaysia account. But I'm not sure they are doing it the 'licensed' way and there's a maximum amount per transaction, I think.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, i am new to this forum.
Great to find that many of you are strong believer of the Johor properties. I am a strong believer, especially nusajaya city due to the many developments that is announced and committed.
Any updates on imperia, puteri harbour? What is your views on the pricing of between 600-900psf for imperia?

Check out page 528 and 544. I have posted my views and a few links. The launch price is around 40% higher than most other condos in the area, such as Impiana at East Ledang. The premium is justified, to me personally, given the potential views of the Marina facing units, location, proximity to the future CIQ, and the quality of materials as seen in the showflat. I guess it really depends on what your preferences are. If waterfront living is something that excites you, this may not be a bad option.

I hope I am not sounding like an agent. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi all, please don't use Mr Liu from now on for renovation as my relatives just got very high quotes from him even though we don't get anything.

Please use this contractor instead as my relatives had very good experience with them:

CHOON KONG RENOVATION & CONSTRUCTION
NO. 29, JALAN COKMAR 1, TAMAN SRI TEBRAU
80050, JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR

HP: 016 7118729

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all, please don't use Mr Liu from now on for renovation as my relatives just got very high quotes from him even though we don't get anything.

Please use this contractor instead as my relatives had very good experience with them:

CHOON KONG RENOVATION & CONSTRUCTION
NO. 29, JALAN COKMAR 1, TAMAN SRI TEBRAU
80050, JOHOR BAHRU, JOHOR

HP: 016 7118729
Bro wuqi
thanks for sharing this info ...

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

My plan is to use a flexi-linked loan account where they will calculate your interest payable based on remaining principal minus the balance in the current account.
Transfer 1 years worth of installments into the current account and let it be deducted every month.
Extra money sitting in there is actually helping me save interest costs. (though there's a RM10 monthly fee for the facility)

It charges $9 every transaction to any malaysia bank account regardless of amount remitted.
Any bros used b4 ?

I read somewhere that can use moneychanger to transfer to malaysia account. But I'm not sure they are doing it the 'licensed' way and there's a maximum amount per transaction, I think.

hi bro..i m using interest offset also...makes sense to do it as Sing savings interest rates are pathetic.

i had a quick check on your pay2home...2.4128? this is worse than bank's TT rates...2.44

mine is instant trans from CIMB Sing to CIMB M'sia...u can check my earlier post for details.

cheers bro .

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro..i m using interest offset also...makes sense to do it as Sing savings interest rates are pathetic.

i had a quick check on your pay2home...2.4128? this is worse than bank's TT rates...2.44

mine is instant trans from CIMB Sing to CIMB M'sia...u can check my earlier post for details.

cheers bro .
Thanks bro. Will take note at their exchange rate.....

thegolf

Alfrescian
Loyal
Google Earth Update

Horizon Hills
hrizonhills.jpg

The Gateway
thegateway.jpg

The Golf
thegolf.jpg

Drops of Jupiter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some good news:
The coastal highway entrance outside Horizon Hills (right turn from HH) which was blocked by concrete bollards is now OPEN.
But only the turn towards Danga Bay (and Woodlands) is accessible, the 2nd link / Nusajaya route is still cordoned off.
Also, along the coastal route, the ramp (on the right hand side, after Danga Bay) leading up to the road leading to the CIQ is now open, allowing us to skip the annoying traffic light near thistle hotel.

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Great, managed to meet a few HH marketing staff there as well as bankers who usually station at the HH sales office, met one of the guest speakers, and was honored to have a chat and dinner with Iproperty co-founder Mr J Tay, he shared briefly with me his views on Iskandar Malaysia. He and a guest speaker joined us for dinner, the Iskandar Malaysia discussion was good, I was told there will be more news to be announced sometime later, more developers from KL and Penang are coming in, and other things that we already know. EL and many other JB developments also have booths there! :smile:

Hi Bro Lastresort,
U mean the dinner at Marina Bay Link Mall? Jus a coincidence I joined a group of like-minded frens n met another bro (n sis-in-law) from this forum as well as Mr J Tay too!

Hi Puteri harbour,
Popped by UM Land booth n they were creating awareness about their upcoming low-rise condo fronting the marina with unblocked view. It was marketed by a SG real estate agency whose staff was not too well-informed about the project (few of them haven even been to Puteri Harbour as well as the location / direction there). A young lady informed me it was about RM1.0M and the smallest unit starts from abt 1000sqft. That equates to RM1000psf!!! If it is true, UM Land must either be very optimistic about the global financial situation or they are very very greedy to even surpass the selling price of Imperia by such a margin (in terms of psf)...

SeriAustinian

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, so you bought Seri Austin and HH?
I hv checked out Seri Austin, didn't like the location, find it a bit too"deep" in...saw the houses that were on top of the hill and hv a nice view of jb city and surrounding -those with this view fully sold...nice but somehow, didn't hv that feeling about the place..and yes, prices hv not moved here though it is just a stone throw away from Setia's development! That's why I dun understand same location and same build up but price difference is huge!!!

Bandar Dato Onn , plan to check it out this weekend...anything to lookout for apart fr the cables,

Also, I think location of bandar dato Onn is way way much better than seri Austin, it's just on the way out o the NSHW, probably less than 3 mins if I not wrong...recall on the way out to Setia tropika, it was on the left side of the road next to an empty huge field! It's just like bukit indah but minus the jusco and commercial hub,

Fully agree that Bandar Dato Onn's location is much better. Not too far off from Kempas where the transport hub is gonna b in future too. I jus hv that "feel" about Seri Austin la, despite being more "ulu". Moreover intend to blend in w the locals n lead a quiet life when we retire. Different strokes for different folks la.

Any good find during the weekend?

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eating in JB

Chef Wah Restaurant (Air conditioned)

We ordered Cereal Prawns, Soup (great soup), Crayfish, Vegetable, Roasted Chicken(very well done), Tofu. Total Bill : 200 RM for six. Generally food is tasty and well presented except for the vegetable (not young shoots - so not crunchy). Service is excellent.

One of the Zhi Char coffeeshops (Fans and quite clean)

We ordered bullfrogs cooked in rice wine (yummy), sotong (delicious), vegetable, tofu, tom yam soup plus drinks. Total bill is RM 70 for four. Service is ok. One of the barley drinks comes with 'ants' and is a little too sweet. Vegetable is a little bitter.

Always remember to tell them not to add too much salt, ajinomoto, oil and sauce. Good to tell them how to cook the vegetables. Otherwise you may get a plateful of soggy vegetables piled with sauces. That is if you are particular with food like me :smile: Home cooked food is still the BEST .

Last edited:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Any bros used b4 ?

Have you all tried getting a term loan in singapore ? Interest in singapore is much lower. Your singapore property must be fully paid up though. :biggrin:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fully agree that Bandar Dato Onn's location is much better. Not too far off from Kempas where the transport hub is gonna b in future too. I jus hv that "feel" about Seri Austin la, despite being more "ulu". Moreover intend to blend in w the locals n lead a quiet life when we retire. Different strokes for different folks la.

Any good find during the weekend?

Thanks to all Bros and Sisters here - I have taken the plunge over the weekend and paid a deposit for a place - met most of my requirements, corner house with land...and found the location and price(way below my budget) as well as the surrounding pretty good..

Thanks again for all the feedback and tips given here...

Cheers..

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks to all Bros and Sisters here - I have taken the plunge over the weekend and paid a deposit for a place - met most of my requirements, corner house with land...and found the location and price(way below my budget) as well as the surrounding pretty good..

Thanks again for all the feedback and tips given here...

Cheers..

wow spidey , u so fast hand and fast leg.
Happy for u !
Do u mind sharing with us where u bought ?
let me guess , is it Nusa Idaman ?

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the update.

Some good news:
The coastal highway entrance outside Horizon Hills (right turn from HH) which was blocked by concrete bollards is now OPEN.
But only the turn towards Danga Bay (and Woodlands) is accessible, the 2nd link / Nusajaya route is still cordoned off.
Also, along the coastal route, the ramp (on the right hand side, after Danga Bay) leading up to the road leading to the CIQ is now open, allowing us to skip the annoying traffic light near thistle hotel.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

UM is simply learning to become like Singapore Far East developers. Near the roundabout of Mindef they are launching a SOHO cum shopping centre type.. I wont be surprised if they launch at S$1500 psf even though the average FREEHOLD prices of the condo is only $900 psf. I suspect UM is trying to launch at "future" price.

Is this the serviced apartment they have tied up with Ascott? If that is the case, the RM 1000 PSF may be because of some guaranteed returns over a few years.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

wow spidey , u so fast hand and fast leg.
Happy for u !
Do u mind sharing with us where u bought ?
let me guess , is it Nusa Idaman ?

Noleh - not around the 2nd link...

Family went to check out Austin and Bandar Dato Onn as recommended by our fren here...and found Bandar Dato Onn pretty decent in terms of location, price and quality..the good thing is there are a couple of units for us to select from
Family was cracking our head as to what we want interms of build up space or side land - in the end we opted for side land with lower build up (actually it's quite decent 1,940 sq feet) + side land vs build up of 2500 sq feet but without land...

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

Is this the serviced apartment they have tied up with Ascott? If that is the case, the RM 1000 PSF may be because of some guaranteed returns over a few years.

Visited Imperia at Puteri Harbour, seems to be selling rather well from the look of the "sold!" chart. The biggest penthouse at 6640 sqft was sold for over RM6M. Cheapest unit is over RM800 psf. I think it will have quite a nice view if the place is well maintained and if place whole Marina project is sustainable. Still wonder where the crowd come from beside SG. Was told 25% sold to Japanese and 45% Singaporean. Unit also come partially furnished .Any brother here with pro and con input of this project. I personally find distance into Marina is far from highway but was told there will be a CIQ for people coming by ferry from Raffles Marina, no idea whether Singapore side already agree to that ? If yes, then it is quite nice trip from Marina to Marina .

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Went with relatives to check on their defects for Nusa Duta, surprisingly few.
Shared some tips and ideas but didn't want to impose my ideas too much as its their place
and should be done to their tastes and wants. ND is slightly more relaxed for home renovation.

Status
Not open for further replies.