• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good Day LeMans2011, 1. any idea what price Ujana was at launch and current price ? 2. Is East Ledang tha name of an estate, say, like "watten Estate" singapore and is positioned as "the premium" estate in IDR, in other words, Issit true that East Ledang prices are the highest (say higher than the area surroundinf the Johor Sultan's area ? 3. Does anyone have a boundary map of East Ledang ? IDR map, everywhere, but specifically East Ledang,..I can't seem to find.. .. have a nice Day

My kampong. Previously, Ujana was launched at around RM320 to RM350 p.s.f. and at that time, the East Ledang project was the highest cost landed property development in JB.
Look up the UEM website for a map. I downloaded one and will try to put it here ... if I fail, someone please give me simple directions on how to upload? If it turns out too small or too big, sorry!

Last edited:

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love the carpet grass at Senibong Cove show houses / club house - very well maintained and compact. Can sit and roll over - great feeling !! Even walking on the grass feel shiok !

I have carpet grass too, but find it difficult to maintain.... but I think I know why now. I have asked grass cutter to cut my grass for a few times (RM$50-60 per session). They cut the grass too short, almost botak. I think this is the standard for cutting carpet grass in the common area and the norm is to cut short - so need less frequent cutting.

I recently bought a grass cutter from TESCO (Tesco brand - using fish line type) for RM 50. Now, I cut my grass on my own and more frequently - about once in two weeks. Keep the grass at about 1 inch thick, and need to have good control & steady hands.... showing good results ... hope can achieve Senibong Cove's standard.... ;-)

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
My kampong. Previously, Ujana was launched at around RM320 to RM350 p.s.f. and at that time, the East Ledang project was the highest cost landed property development in JB.
Look up the UEM website for a map. I downloaded one and will try to put it here ... if I fail, someone please give me simple directions on how to upload? If it turns out too small or too big, sorry!

where you get the map from?

if on the web, just right click on the picture and copy the link.
Come back here, click on "insert image" and paste the link.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
I love the carpet grass at Senibong Cove show houses / club house - very well maintained and compact. Can sit and roll over - great feeling !! Even walking on the grass feel shiok !... I recently bought a grass cutter from TESCO (Tesco brand - using fish line type) for RM 50. Now, I cut my grass on my own and more frequently - about once in two weeks. Keep the grass at about 1 inch thick, and need to have good control & steady hands.... showing good results ... hope can achieve Senibong Cove's standard.... ;-)

There is another type of grass called Pearl grass, originally from Hawaii, I think. It grows mostly sideways, so height of grass is no longer a major issue. Not anywhere as shiok as walking on carpet grass, but much less work than cow grass.

For those with lots of time on their hands, and if the space is small enough: I once had the great joy of walking on a large patch of small clover, or trefoil 'shamrocks' in Sri Lanka. These are common to find growing wild all over the place. But to painstakingly gather the plants and tend them while they proliferate to fill the space takes a lot of patience and loving care. And supposed to be extremely lucky to have, as in the saying "I'm in clover!"

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hv lots of them as well.

I noticed them only recently.

I used to believe that they could hv come from the compost/soil i had bought.

Now that ur talking about it i gotta think again

someone said centipedes are dangerous. Is it true.:confused::confused:

Any idea on how to stop centipede from coming into the house? I find a lot of it in my garden patch. Hasn't find any of them in my house yet, but I think its a matter of time....

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of us so actively doing something or the other at home in Malaysia a far cry from my Spore days where i used to be a couch potato.

Hopefully i get fitter and healthier in the process

I love the carpet grass at Senibong Cove show houses / club house - very well maintained and compact. Can sit and roll over - great feeling !! Even walking on the grass feel shiok !

I have carpet grass too, but find it difficult to maintain.... but I think I know why now. I have asked grass cutter to cut my grass for a few times (RM$50-60 per session). They cut the grass too short, almost botak. I think this is the standard for cutting carpet grass in the common area and the norm is to cut short - so need less frequent cutting.

I recently bought a grass cutter from TESCO (Tesco brand - using fish line type) for RM 50. Now, I cut my grass on my own and more frequently - about once in two weeks. Keep the grass at about 1 inch thick, and need to have good control & steady hands.... showing good results ... hope can achieve Senibong Cove's standard.... ;-)

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah anything that is natural is ok.

Thanks for the tip off.

How come ur neighbour is able to live with unwelcome visitors?

Its painful to hv such neighbours

Yes Euphony is correct, it's cloves and not garlic and it's Organic. non harmful to body and gives off a natural smell. my cabinets used to have tiny cockroaches now gone. but once the spice smell is gone need to put new ones. i'm going to put more at the corners and outside of my place so that any cockroaches passing by will move away from our unit. a lot of cockroaches comes from my neighbour!!!!!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro did u manage to find ur pines?

Only Rm 15 if ur lookin for a small . I just saw the price the other day n remembered to post it for u.

However since ur planning for only one pine i suggest look for something more exotic n unique than what i have.

Also must look for other factors like ease of maintenance.

The other advantage about pines is not much care is usually required after more than 7 months.

hi cathy I believe its cloves not garlic. =p

hmm its very easy to implement. the spice is quite lasting as well and won't 'rot'.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
colleague looking for HDB now... latest info from HDB website :

Resale [crazy] price -
4 rm Redhill $724K
4 rm Boon Tiong $720k
5 rm Jln Membina $840k
5 rm Strathmore $820k
5 rm Punggol $530K

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro did u manage to find ur pines?

Only Rm 15 if ur lookin for a small . I just saw the price the other day n remembered to post it for u.

However since ur planning for only one pine i suggest look for something more exotic n unique than what i have.

Also must look for other factors like ease of maintenance.

The other advantage about pines is not much care is usually required after more than 7 months.

Hi AP,
Is chirstmas tree a family of pine ?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi everyone, thought you guys might also be interested in the exact location of Singapore and Malaysia's joint venture developments in Medini. Here goes,

Medini
medini 1.jpg
attachment.php

Medini shaded in blue colour
medini 2.jpg
attachment.php

Whole of Medini in 4 regions(Medini Lifestyle, Medini Business District, Medini Central and Medini Living)
medini 3.jpg
attachment.php

Medini Lifestyle(Or Medini North). Temasek and Khazanah will develop the 2 plots in between the Hospital and Lifestyle Retail Mall which will open next year together with Legoland.
medini north.jpg
attachment.php

Medini Central, Temasek and Khazanah's developments will be all the lots shown in the bottom right hand corner stated with 'E'(Which is the whole of Heritage zone in Medini Central)
medini central.jpg
attachment.php

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just cant imagine why would criminals be so hard-up as to hold up children as hostages?? Incidents like this are spoiling my plans from enrolling my kids into the local kindergarden for good

Man holds 30 children in kindergarten hostage
AFP
Thu, Jul 07, 2011
Above: Malaysian police stand outside the school building where a man is holding kindergarten children hostage in Tamam Gemilang, southern Johor on July 7, 2011.

MUAR, Malaysia - A man has taken around 30 pre-school children and four teachers hostage in southern Malaysia, police and parents said on Thursday, with authorities saying they were in talks to end the stand-off.

"We are still negotiating with the man to release the kindergarten children. He is holding about 30 children," local police chief Mohammad Nasir Ramli told AFP.

The father of one of the children being held, 34-year-old Tan Teck Hock, said the hostage-taker was armed with a hammer and a knife and was also holding four teachers at the school in a suburb of Muar town in southern Johor state.

"My five-year-old son is being held hostage. I am worried for his safety," he told AFP.

Tan said that heavily armed police had surrounded the two-storey bungalow which houses the kindergarten and were trying to coax the hostage-taker to surrender and free the children.

"We were informed of the incident at about 10 am (0200 GMT)," he said.

Police have also brought in a dozen members of the police special action unit from the capital Kuala Lumpur.

More updates to come...

That is why i concluded crime rate has indeed GONE UP.
These guys have totally no respect for the police, they test boundaries time and again and each time they gained courage to venture further. I am prepared to encourage people to move out, let my investments sink... before those buggers wake up.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The blahdy useless police should just camouflage as plain clothes civilians, give the buggers some money... and blast the machine gun at these criminals. Period.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
My goodness... did i read wrongly? "A" man armed with "knife and hammer".
It is not so much about how desperate the criminals are... but more telling of how useless the police are.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lemans, agreed. Even though this is in Muar, its within an hour plus drive of where we live. The style of attack is weird, sounds like a family feud gone wrong. Unless one purposedly went to "test" the waters in this case, otherwise this is really something bad.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Cathlmg, only now i saw your posting about letting go and understanding where the parents are coming from.
In a way, i really agree, you are full of wisdom, lots to learn from you. My sisters are giving my parents hell
but yet my dad and mum are still bearing with them. Every month, the money i gave them is used to pay for
the electricity bills for their house and my sisters living there don't need to pay.

So i must owe my dad a lot and then he in turns owe them a whole lot too. I don't mind it so much about the
money but every single day my 2 sisters will quarrel and then ask my parents to buy food for them, wash their
clothers etc. Its like what my wife summed up,

2 sparrows had 3 eggs, 1 egg was kicked out of the nest, the little sparrow somehow managed to survive and
become independant, the other 2 molly cuddled sparrows are still somehow wearing diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.