• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My wife confirm never agree one.

Many times we would stop to give aid, encouragement or at least bottled water to those we see in need on the roads.
Its kind of a habit for me, maybe one day it will kill me but at least i tried to help. Its a very long walk from the clubhouse
down to the foot of the hills.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Aangsc, its for the HH Liason Committee for the clubhouse.

thanks. Show a frenz HH and make use of chance to complaint to HH sales about the jam and they too feel it is affecting their sales as some potential make u-turn on sat. With this trend, sales of nusajaya will be affected long term.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you wuqi.

Definitely many selfless souls in Singapore who really wanna see a gracious, loving, compassionate and yet at the same time progressive Singapore but then...........the.....

The day we can see reports like these is the day they are really serious about accountability, else, everything is hogwash and a smokescreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTOQm6Ls6Ks

Singapore, i still want to believe in you, not just because of what the people have sacrificed in the past for you but for the sake of the many people who still believe in you, now and in the future.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with you wuqi.

Definitely many selfless souls in Singapore who really wanna see a gracious, loving, compassionate and yet at the same time progressive Singapore but then...........the.....

The day we can see reports like these is the day they are really serious about accountability, else, everything is hogwash and a smokescreen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTOQm6Ls6Ks

Singapore, i still want to believe in you, not just because of what the people have sacrificed in the past for you but for the sake of the many people who still believe in you, now and in the future.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good thing the big boys in real estate are taking notice. Good for all of us...:smile:

thanks. Show a frenz HH and make use of chance to complaint to HH sales about the jam and they too feel it is affecting their sales as some potential make u-turn on sat. With this trend, sales of nusajaya will be affected long term.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree bro. I meant in the context of a caddie. Cause you know.... Caddies have a reputation....

Many times we would stop to give aid, encouragement or at least bottled water to those we see in need on the roads.
Its kind of a habit for me, maybe one day it will kill me but at least i tried to help. Its a very long walk from the clubhouse
down to the foot of the hills.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur lucky bro.

Your maid is lucky to have you as her employer. More importantly she appreciates your humaneness, nobility and generosity.

My maid not hard working at all. Doesnot even wanna use any effort... Wipes the floor or the table such that even a little use of force will break my table/floor.

Bring her everywhere we go/buy her things but she takes it for granted.

Even yday.... She got no money... So i advanced her money bought her bottled drinks (her favourite type) and tidbits as well. got her noodles and coffee as well since we were eating out. Not a word of gratitude...

Hi ya nevermind.... My wife just keeps her wanting to be generous... cause she is a single mum. Medicines can give expired one leh.... Talk about passion to work.... Lucky i always check....

Took my wife and my maid to HH for dinner just now. Ordered the same for her as we always ate together. Didn't want her to feel left out. My wife also took her on a tour of the place and just now, there was a very large Swiss/German group who played golf. My maid was like, wow, so many orang putih. Didn't know they were Swiss/German until a lady asked me for directions and i pointed her to the dinner area.

When my maid and my wife went into the ladies, they saw a couple of ladies who were changing openly inside. It was a shocking experience but a funny one when they related to me.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The plant shop at Kip Mart...

They have 2 types of soil one is the black soil and the other is the organic potting mix.

The black soil is Rm 5/3 bags... I tested out the soil in the shop yday. Looks clayey.... So guys better dun buy.... I guess They have used clay and minimal black soil to get the permeable qualities... Instead i would suggest get the black soil from Tesco.... a bit expensive.... but better and mix it up with your garden soil......

The potting mix (5 in 1) is not bad. I wont say great... But ok. Buy the whole sack. much cheaper.... Ask for whole sack price for the potting mix... Buy individual too expensive.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Great news for Nusajaya!

Iskandar Investment And UEM Land To Jointly Undertake The Lifestyle Retail Mall And Residences @ Medini North, Nusajaya

9 June 2011: UEM Land Berhad had today entered into a Shareholders’ Agreement with Iskandar Harta Holdings Sdn Bhd (IHHSB), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Iskandar Investment Berhad, to jointly undertake the mixed development project in Medini, Nusajaya known as the Lifestyle Retail Mall and Residences @ Medini North... ...

... ... The immediate focus for the development would be Phase 1A, which comprises colonnade-style retail outlets and alfresco dining. Subsequent phases will include entertainment such as cinema, bowling and arcade centre, complemented with distinctive facilities such as indoor ice-skating, laser tag, indoor sky diving and indoor go-kart. With GFA of 200,000 square feet, Phase 1A is targeted to be completed in the September 2012, aligned with the opening of LEGOLAND Malaysia.

... ...strategic location adjacent to LEGOLAND Malaysia, the Lifestyle Retail Mall and Residences @ Medini North has the potential to become a major tourist destination in the region... ...

... ...UEM Land has set a target for Nusajaya, to come alive by 2012. To achieve this, UEM Land has adopted a strategy of concurrent developments within Nusajaya by multiple world-class developers... ...

http://www.uemland.com/mediacentre/20110609.htm

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiong Nam Invests in Puteri Harbour, Nusajaya
30 MAY 2011

... ...Under the agreement, TPSB will purchase a commercial land parcel in Puteri Harbour, Nusajaya measuring approximately 3.23 acres to be developed into a hotel and serviced apartments... ...

... ...The proposed hotel and serviced apartments by TPSB is in line with UEM Land’s overall vision for Puteri Harbour and is expected to create commercial activities and spillover effects that will add value to Puteri Harbour... ...

... ...With Tiong Nam coming on board; the development of the Family Entertainment Centre and Hotel by Themed Attractions & Resorts Sdn Bhd underway; and a luxurious boutique apartment and retail complex currently in progress by Nusajaya Consolidated Sdn Bhd, a joint venture between UEM Land and United Malayan Land, as well as Encorp Berhad’s proposed development of commercial and residential components, we are well on our way to realizing our vision to develop Puteri Harbour as a premier waterfront destination for the region.”... ...

http://www.uemland.com/mediacentre/20110530.htm

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal

Japanese Interested in Iskandar Property
June 11, 2011

JOHOR BARU: Global Asia Assets (M) Sdn Bhd (GAAM) sees Iskandar Malaysia as offering good prospects to Japanese looking to invest in property development projects outside their home country.

Chief executive officer Fujimura Masanori said the company planned to bring more Japanese investors to invest in the Iskandar Malaysia property market.

He said Johor Baru or Iskandar Malaysia still had ample land for future developments with the prices of properties here still cheaper compared with Kuala Lumpur and Penang.

Fujimura said since setting up its office here last September, about 300 of its Japanese clients had visited Johor Baru and many had shown strong interest to invest in the property market in Iskandar Malaysia.

“They are attracted to Johor Baru's close proximity to Singapore which is a popular destination among Japanese and also the long term prospects of Iskandar Malaysia,'' he told StarBizWeek.

Fujimura said this after signing a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with United Malaysian Land Bhd's subsidiary Seri Alam Properties Sdn Bhd at the Wealth of Iskandar Malaysia Conference recently.

Seri Alam Properties will develop 110 units of bungalows on an 8.09ha site overlooking a lake in Bandar Seri Alam township in Pasir Gudang with a gross development value between RM200mil and RM400mil.

The project is known as Japanese Holiday Homes with each bungalow having a built-up area of 2,200 sq ft and a land size of 4,500 sq ft with its own swimming pool and a club house.

GAAM is a subsidiary of Global Asset Asia Investment Ltd (GAAI), a holding company incorporated in Hong Kong whose clients are mostly high net worth Japanese investors.

“It (the group) has 10,000 cash-rich Japanese clients who are serious investors and always on the look-out to enhance their investment portfolios,'' said Fujimura.

GAAM general manager Takahiro Sakanoue said this was the company's second purchase in the Johor Baru market after the acquisition of two high end luxury condominium blocks of Molek Pine 3, in Taman Molek for RM200mil early this year.

The 28-storey tower block consisting of 212 units and a six-storey block with 36 units, are being developed by Tanjung Bintang Sdn Bhd, which comes under Berinda Group, a property development arm of Kuok Group.

On the bungalows at Seri Alam township, he said it was impossible to get a bungalow of similar size in Tokyo as the city was already densely populated.

Takahiro said a similar bungalow located in the suburbs of Tokyo, about 30 minutes by train to the city centre and minus the lake view, cost a whopping RM37mil each, and a that bungalow in an area about one hour's train ride from the city would sell about RM19mil.

“Our clients love properties in Johor Baru as they are considered bargains for them,'' he said.

Takahiro said Johor Baru was well known to the Japanese after the country's soccer team qualified for the World Cup after beating Iran at Larkin Stadium here in 1997. He said Iskandar Malaysia would also be a good location for Japanese manufacturers planning to relocate their operations elsewhere in view of the natural disasters in Japan, such as earthquakes.

Takahiro said the company would be looking at several options when investing in property projects in Iskandar Malaysia, including having joint-ventures with local partners, buying the properties en bloc or acquiring certain equities in companies. Other than Malaysia, GAAI has similar investments in Canada, China, Cambodia, Europe, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Thailand, USA and the Philippines.

By The Star

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusa Jaya on Track to come alive by 2012

Kuala Lumpur: Developer UEM Land Holdings Bhd says its Nusajaya township, the key driver of the Iskandar Malaysia emerging economic zone in Johor, is on track to "come alive" in 2012 as targeted.

UEM Land is the master developer of Nusajaya, which is a tenth the size of Iskandar, but the largest integrated urban development in Southeast Asia.

"In 2012, there'll be enough critical mass and completion of projects. Post-2012, a new demand structure will evolve ... and with that, comes better profits," managing director Datuk Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim told reporters here yesterday.

Projects that are expected to be completed include the Coastal Highway, which will improve accessibility to Nusajaya. This is expected to be done by the end of this year, ahead of schedule, he said.

Healthcare-wise, there is already Columbia Asia Hospital, while Khazanah Nasional is poised to start on a 350-bed hospital soon.

As for education, Newcastle University Medicine will open this year, and next year, University of Southampton will be completed while Netherlands Maritime Institute of Technology will take on a new campus, Wan Abdullah said.

Theme park Legoland Malaysia will be completed in September next year, while an indoor theme park that is in the advanced stage of construction at Puteri Harbour will be completed by year-end.

As for residential occupancy, there are currently 20,000 homes occupied, which works out to a population equivalent of 100,000, he said.

The ultimate plan is for Nusajaya to have 100,000 homes over time, or a population equivalent of half a million.

Wan Abdullah was speaking at an event to formalise its subsidiary UEM Land Bhd's 55:45 joint venture with Iskandar Harta Holdings Sdn Bhd to develop a mall-and-residence project in Medini, Nusajaya.

The project, known as the Lifestyle Retail Mall and Residences @Medini North, is expected to generate sales of RM850 million.

"This is one of our initiatives to build up a portfolio of recurring income to weather any (property) downcycle," he remarked.

The first phase of the mall is targeted for completion in September next year to coincide with the opening of the Legoland, which is a 200-metre walk away.

Visitors have to go through the mall to get to Legoland, Wan Abdullah said.

The Iskandar project was launched in 2006 to much scepticism about its viability and prospects.

OSK Research, in a report earlier this week after attending a conference that centred on the developments in Iskandar, said it has turned optimistic on its prospects.

"We gather that just like the majority of us, when the entire (Iskandar) project was first launched in 2006, the locals had been sceptical, but have over the years progressively turned more optimistic, especially after witnessing the progress that Iskandar has made to date," it said in the report.

It maintained an "overweight" call on the property sector and said that given the "favourable" outlook for the property market in Iskandar, it had a preference for property developers with sizeable exposure in Iskandar such as UEM Land, SP Setia Bhd and Plenitude Bhd.

By Business Times

Last edited:

mrbean

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there. I posted an earlier message enquiring abt Casa Almyra but you may have missed it. You mentioned your neighbors curse abt that project. Care to elaborate what the issues are? Thanks in advance.

Your thread has been most informative. Your pm is always full. You can pm me too.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi HH

Yeah, very shiong. Will be RM74,500 each time, as purchase price is RM745,800...

But BLR in M'sia very high at 6.6%. S'pore savings interest rate in bank only pays 0.25%. Might as well try to pay cash, rather than keep the money in the bank and earn miserable interest, whilst paying 4.5% to M'sian bank. Doesn't make sense.

Moreover, since it's under construction, can't rent out and use rental to service the instalments. So trying not to take loan, and will have to accumulate cash over 24 months to pay. Luckily it's progressive payments. Any idea how often the developer will call for payments? Once every 3 months?

Hi Nusajayaphile,
I concur on your rationale of paying off the loan as much as possible . But I decided to take homesmart loan from HSBC JB. It is around BLR minus 2.4%. I found it most flexible option for my circumstances; can prepay and redraw if in need of the money. It is more a fall-back flexibility just in case I need my money in Singapore for personal financial flexibility. But everytime a call is made, the plan is remit the money, to the max amount I can afford at the time, from my Singapore bank to JB bank. If is short, then I will have to pay the bite-size monthly repayment. They will give you a swift code to make international remittance to. The catch is you must not settle the loan within 5 years (they got to make some money) otherwise penalty.

... But if you are cash rich anyway, just dont bother with all this :smile: and go with straight money changer option. One kind forumer suggested before to remit money in small tranches across until you get confidence in the money changer, and can find few of them in Parkway Parade.

You will know the repayment schedule when you sign the SPA. It goes on avg 10% tranches with some in-between higher.

Last edited:

Malapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
WoW! It took me half a day to read thru all pages in this forum. Excellent postings and accurate information. Thumbs up!

I do not have a big budget (RM500K) but really wish to get a place near Bukit Indah esp Aeon, Tesco area. HH is a good place but exceed budget. Went to Horizon Residence and almost 90% sold. Limited units to choose from.

Guess luck and timing not on my side.

Malapore

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I ask which is the best route to drive from Punggol to HH? I've tried 2nd Link and it takes me a good 25 minutes drive to reach Tuas.

Status
Not open for further replies.