• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah. A very tiring experience. I hope I make a correct move. Still got lotsa thing in my Tampines house. I'm back here packing.

stay Tampines and never support your MP that HDB are affordable ah? :-P

Thanks for the location of the veg place, if there are others, please do let me know. Sometimes dunno where to bring my wife to eat when we are in Malaysia.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yep. I find them doing that at my house too. Also my house is end lot so they need to tap their electronic device at the electronic security check points on the fence beside my house when they passby. I guess its a way to make sure they cover all areas when they do their rounds. So extra security for me at least. I don't mind.

the only thing that irritates me these days since i have gotten used to all the sounds is the security guards on motor bikes.

Worse they park their bikes behind my home and talk on their walkie talkie...

yikes cant sleep....

but good la.... my house secure that way..

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the location of the veg place, if there are others, please do let me know. Sometimes dunno where to bring my wife to eat when we are in Malaysia.

Also you can also get vegetarian food(although not much variety) at inside Lavender Bistro at Bukit Indah Jusco side. Vivo restarant also have vegetarian variety. Heard got one opened by Xie Shao Guang also at Bukit Indah, but the last time I went it wasn't open. Setia Tropika also got one Hakka food. Facing the government Building. That all I have at the moment.

Kindly update here if you have anymore. I also need to know. Can imagine going hungry but can't find vege food around? I keep having this experience in JB.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Infact when you do the calculations, its still affordable. In JB also you are allowed 30 years to pay up but that doesn't mean that you are not allow to pay up earlier. We just need to spend less on renovations and luxuries.

PS: I'm just speaking from my mind. Hope no offence to anyone here.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, I install grills to prevent my young children from falling over (I stay at 14 floor)...
In Malaysia, people are installing grills to prevent people from getting in.

In Singapore, I install camera to make sure my maid and MIL is ok.
In Malaysia, people install camera to make sure house is ok....

haha.. big difference...

For those who are using security camera, why not just get a cheap D-Link camera and let it store the clips onto a NAS or something?
all in, less than $1k still... I dunno about the price in Malaysia, but if taking the price in Singapore as a reference, going with ADT and all is not cheap wor

My 2c is that CMS would be better than a camera. That is if you really need a CMS.

Otherwise.... Grilles should suffice.

Hi guys

Appreciate if you could expand on your shorthand,i.e. "NAS","CMS" got what MIL meant - Mother In Law:smile: . Thanks.

Last edited:

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Also you can also get vegetarian food(although not much variety) at inside Lavender Bistro at Bukit Indah Jusco side. Vivo restarant also have vegetarian variety. Heard got one opened by Xie Shao Guang also at Bukit Indah, but the last time I went it wasn't open. Setia Tropika also got one Hakka food. Facing the government Building. That all I have at the moment.

Kindly update here if you have anymore. I also need to know. Can imagine going hungry but can't find vege food around? I keep having this experience in JB.

I will I will.. thanks for the tips!!!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Singapore, I install grills to prevent my young children from falling over (I stay at 14 floor)...

haha.. big difference...

For those who are using security camera, why not just get a cheap D-Link camera and let it store the clips onto a NAS or something?
all in, less than $1k still... I dunno about the price in Malaysia, but if taking the price in Singapore as a reference, going with ADT and all is not cheap wor

NAS = Network Attached Storage
CMS = Lets wait for reply.. I also dunno

Thanks bro.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
BIG NEWS:
New Minister list out!!

Khaw Boon Wan – Minister for National Development

he going to build HDB in Johor??

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just doing a survey. How many of you have just have window grilles for your house with no security alarms and security camera? Someone advise me that I had to at least have window grilles plus security alarms system. Any opinion on that?

did a quick survey round my new place. not many neighbors have installed grills though the house comes with alarm system built in. i'd agree these are quite unsightly. all things weighed in, guess it'll skip the option for now...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I moved in to Setia Tropika on Sunday.

We wake up at 5 am in the morning and be out of the house by 5.30am on Monday and today. Reach 1st link custom at 5.58am and reach the children's school at Tampines at about 6.40am. Will adjust the timing slowly. I wish the EDL can start faster so that I can wake up later.

wow Cathy, so your family is now doing the daily commute i guess? welcome to the club =)
I'll put in my timing as well. and see the consensus to better manage time amongst all using 1st link. am not too far off ST though i'd be shifting and using 2nd link soon. I woke up in shock this morning, usually my laptop will wake up with my iTunes playlist at 4:45am, I forgot to activate and opened my eyes at 5:24am. Left house and properly on the road bout 5:35am, reached Clementi by 6:39am - Cathy I may have passed your family on the road haha. Am really surprised it was not that slow at the 1st link as I usually leave by 5am and reach at 6am at work (thankfully only 2 days a week).

coming back a bit more headache. I'd advice going back as early as you can. I sometimes reach woodlands by 4ish pm. Latest reach woodlands by 5:20ish, after that its queue till eternity usually relenting only about late side of 8 to 9ish pm. Then there is the tebrau peak hour traffic. I totally understand the yearning for EDL! =)

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

haha.. big difference...

:biggrin: had a good laugh at what you wrote.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear folks here. just sharing since i am in that phase now. i just found a whole series named small space big style by fox US which covers various homes all over the US with different design motifs excellent resource for those planning for you new house. best yet its free on youtube here!! Dun need to buy expensive glossies for inspiration. =)

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Had a hard time logging in. Dunno why!

Hey you have an end lot or corner lot?

Yeah the security is good... But they yack so much on the phone... Damn annoying... Really.

Actually i found the security in my precint fantastic. They go around every 15 mininutes. Sometimes every 10 minutes.

So many of them.

Some are cylcing, some on bykes, some walking,

Setia has so much money ah? To invest/improve the security standards?

I am impressed.

Yep. I find them doing that at my house too. Also my house is end lot so they need to tap their electronic device at the electronic security check points on the fence beside my house when they passby. I guess its a way to make sure they cover all areas when they do their rounds. So extra security for me at least. I don't mind.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur work starts at 6am? That early?

Wow...

Do you have kids as well?

Which Taman do you reside in?

wow Cathy, so your family is now doing the daily commute i guess? welcome to the club =)
I'll put in my timing as well. and see the consensus to better manage time amongst all using 1st link. am not too far off ST though i'd be shifting and using 2nd link soon. I woke up in shock this morning, usually my laptop will wake up with my iTunes playlist at 4:45am, I forgot to activate and opened my eyes at 5:24am. Left house and properly on the road bout 5:35am, reached Clementi by 6:39am - Cathy I may have passed your family on the road haha. Am really surprised it was not that slow at the 1st link as I usually leave by 5am and reach at 6am at work (thankfully only 2 days a week).

coming back a bit more headache. I'd advice going back as early as you can. I sometimes reach woodlands by 4ish pm. Latest reach woodlands by 5:20ish, after that its queue till eternity usually relenting only about late side of 8 to 9ish pm. Then there is the tebrau peak hour traffic. I totally understand the yearning for EDL! =)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo surely no offence la. What you said is 100% true what.

Anybody take offence il come down harshly on them.

Infact when you do the calculations, its still affordable. In JB also you are allowed 30 years to pay up but that doesn't mean that you are not allow to pay up earlier. We just need to spend less on renovations and luxuries.

PS: I'm just speaking from my mind. Hope no offence to anyone here.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
U r vegetarian as in the 150% pure vegetarian?

Which means you cant eat vegetarian food at non veg stalls?

Status
Not open for further replies.