• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun find it insulting

These are some of the things you encounter in a less developed country occasionally. I meant no insult to the host country, this is true. The contractor doesn't seem to get the sense that the house belongs to owner, not developer, and he should not use it as store or come in and out as he liked it.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually i hardly venture out of this dedicated forum on sammyboy. i did recently and saw the shocking # of views like some 328k of it?!! =)
exactly how many of us are there here? hope all you bros and sis out there have a good rest as we head back to work tomorrow.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all brothers,

I wish to share with you what happened on the bus just now on my way back to Plentong.. I was on a Maju bus and just as it reached carrefour, 3 malay men got on.. One of them sat beside me.. They seem to be well trained pickpockets. This is what he did. That malay guy used a jacket to cover his lap. Unknowingly to you, his right hand was under the jacket trying to get a chance to pick my right pocket. He would appear to be adjusting the air con with his left hand, so as to distract you that his other hand was trying to pick your pocket..

As we approached Taman Molek, they could sense that I knew what was happening.. Another guy took over and tried to do the exact same thing.. I was looking over and adjusted my bag,seemingly to get down. They appeared to be getting down at the next stop... Then, the malay guy spoke to me and asked me if I was getting down, presumably so I could be robbed easily.. But I said no.. I was concerned he might just snatch and run..He could try because I was very near to the door.. But that malay chap did not have the guts. He alighted near Taman Molek.. These people are cowards....

They didnt manage to take anything... I was most worried about my passport, not really my money..

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think each time we click on this thread is considered 1 view.

Having said that i am sure there are more out there reading this thread and slowly beginning to comment.

You see a couple of new users already.

actually i hardly venture out of this dedicated forum on sammyboy. i did recently and saw the shocking # of views like some 328k of it?!! =)
exactly how many of us are there here? hope all you bros and sis out there have a good rest as we head back to work tomorrow.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah Higher Chinese. They are doing quite well at the moment.
Poor kids Vesak day holiday turned into 2 tuitions of 2 hours each one in the late morning and the other now at night.

i cant afford them to screw up Chinese.

Higher chinese.. my son struggling with K1 chinese show & tell.. most of time speaks english in school..
the primary school we intend to enrol him only offers higher chinese as well.. blur liao next time

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the moment i think Digi is one of the most competitive in the prepaid segment. Not sure who the investors are.

But good for me atleast.

A lot of shops in NUsa Bestari (main road and smaller inner lanes) and JB Pusat Bandaraya have Digi advts now.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Break-in @ horizon hills

Inititally I dint want to install grills as it looks unsightly. Now I spent about rm10k on grills and intend to install CCTVs in all levels, front and back of my house.

White aluminum jail like grille or rod iron with color petals? If 10k rm possible who is the contractor?

Regards

Greetings everyone. Long time reader, first time poster here.

I've spent many hours combing through this thread and the information gleaned here have proven very useful indeed. Many thanks to wuqi256 for setting the ball rolling and for his tireless updates. Contributions from other forumers have also been equally invaluable.

For those who are interested, I've set up a forum with a decidedly East Ledang slant and can be found at http://www.eastledang.com. Do come and join us.

Have a great evening everyone.

InformedHH

Alfrescian
Loyal

To you white aluminium = jail like grille

To me color petals is extremely disgusting and o biang...

:p

To each his own!

White aluminum jail like grille or rod iron with color petals? If 10k rm possible who is the contractor?

Regards

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all brothers,

I wish to share with you what happened on the bus just now on my way back to Plentong.. I was on a Maju bus and just as it reached carrefour, 3 malay men got on.. One of them sat beside me.. They seem to be well trained pickpockets. This is what he did. That malay guy used a jacket to cover his lap. Unknowingly to you, his right hand was under the jacket trying to get a chance to pick my right pocket. He would appear to be adjusting the air con with his left hand, so as to distract you that his other hand was trying to pick your pocket..

As we approached Taman Molek, they could sense that I knew what was happening.. Another guy took over and tried to do the exact same thing.. I was looking over and adjusted my bag,seemingly to get down. They appeared to be getting down at the next stop... Then, the malay guy spoke to me and asked me if I was getting down, presumably so I could be robbed easily.. But I said no.. I was concerned he might just snatch and run..He could try because I was very near to the door.. But that malay chap did not have the guts. He alighted near Taman Molek.. These people are cowards....

They didnt manage to take anything... I was most worried about my passport, not really my money..

oh dear! good thinking on your part reminds us not just be careful but also sensitive to the environment as well.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh dear! good thinking on your part reminds us not just be careful but also sensitive to the environment as well.

It was amazing that that malay(maybe indonesian) actually spoke to me before he got down.. I was already looking to my right and saw his hands under his jacket.. I was wondering why is his right hand so bent that it is on his left pocket? My feeling is they would not strike if they don't know what you have.. So they are probably trying to feel the pocket for cash.. Now I understand why some girls would deliberately use their bags to block the outside seat...

They also seemed to be rushing to get something and one of them changed seats couple of times.. Perhaps they also tried something with some other passengers and sensed something wrong, therefore they alighted quickly..

They are pertty dumb, they do not understand that its so obvious that something is touching yr right pocket.. The air con trick was used at least 3 times by the 2 fellows.....I am not sure whether he asked me if I was alighting or something else which he said) I said "No, no no"... They are pretty dumb to ask that... Perhaps they were thinking of letting me alight first then rob me from behind... Whatever they were thinking, it reinforced my thinking these people are not that bright...

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all brothers, I wish to share with you what happened on the bus just now on my way back to Plentong.. I was on a Maju bus and just as it reached carrefour, 3 malay men got on.. One of them sat beside me.. They seem to be well trained pickpockets. This is what he did. That malay guy used a jacket to cover his lap. Unknowingly to you, his right hand was under the jacket trying to get a chance to pick my right pocket. He would appear to be adjusting the air con with his left hand, so as to distract you that his other hand was trying to pick your pocket..
As we approached Taman Molek, they could sense that I knew what was happening.. Another guy took over and tried to do the exact same thing.. I was looking over and adjusted my bag,seemingly to get down. They appeared to be getting down at the next stop... Then, the malay guy spoke to me and asked me if I was getting down, presumably so I could be robbed easily.. But I said no.. I was concerned he might just snatch and run..He could try because I was very near to the door.. But that malay chap did not have the guts. He alighted near Taman Molek.. These people are cowards.... They didnt manage to take anything... I was most worried about my passport, not really my money..

Very sorry that you were put through this bad time, Raffles Harimau. Wondering if you speak Malay/Indonesian. The four times we had problems with break-ins [one was a thwarted attempt] all the robbers/thieves were Indonesian. There is a difference in the lingo which can be detected if you are familiar with the languages. Of course there are criminals in Johor of all stripes, but wondering if they could have in fact been Indonesians.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very sorry that you were put through this bad time, Raffles Harimau. Wondering if you speak Malay/Indonesian. The four times we had problems with break-ins [one was a thwarted attempt] all the robbers/thieves were Indonesian. There is a difference in the lingo which can be detected if you are familiar with the languages. Of course there are criminals in Johor of all stripes, but wondering if they could have in fact been Indonesians.

Oh you were broken in 4 times? thats serious! any other forumers have had their terrace houses broken into?

Yes, its possible they were Indonesians...

And on a sidenote, I have seen more singaporeans begging/digging in dustbins/old people cleaning tables with their backs bent over/tissue paper selling in 1 day in Singapore than I have seen in 2 months here.. I am wondering whether its because people have the option to go back to tilling the land...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

HH needs grilles and layers of security?

Imagine those who stay at other places?

Actually 2 of my houses here i don't intend to put grilles in, they have not been grilled up so far and my tenants are pretty happy. Same for my other friends who also have a few houses here. In fact, i regretted grilling up my place at all as it looks unsightly.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear bros

any feedback on uob offer of 90% loan with blr -2.3=4.3%? Any other bank u kno can better this offer?

UOB can give this offer, but remember you still need to pay stamp duty, lawyer conveyance fee, MRTA, etc. Just remember that EVERYTHING included in the loan amount, you cannot exceed 90% of the property S&P price.

Also, they offered me BLR-2.3% for apartment, and BLR-2.4% for landed. This is based on property in HH. Other property, different rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.