• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro sggecko:I respect your decision. However, let me provide some clarifications and commments:- I think you are confusing Nusajaya with overall Iskandar. Nusajaya is just one of the five flagship zones within Iskandar, and arguably the most matured. I would say Nusajaya is around 1/8 the size of Singapore. Nusajaya is the home of most of the confirmed developments, such as Educity, Medini, EL, HH, Pinewood, Marlboro College, Puteri Harbour, JSNAC Kota Iskandar, etc. It is located strategically between the two links and most accessible from Singapore. To me, land here is very limited as most of it is already master planned. Infrastructure, from what I can see, is outstanding.- Before you jump into conclusions based on what ONE developer of ONE property tells you about rental yields, I would suggest you do an internet search for developments such as East Ledang or Horizon Hills. You will hardly find any availability. Even if you do, the going prices are exhorbitant. Remember - people are buying for investment, retirement, own stay, weekend stay - this does not necessarily mean that every single home will be available for rent. Rental yield will depend on exact location, accessability, security, infrastructure, availability, etc and will never be the same for every single development. True, there is a potential for healthy supply in Nusajaya, but there is a potential for healthy demand as well, once the planned 'catalytic' developments get completed.- Getting an apartment for same/similar psf in KL does not necessarily make it a better choice. As many of the bros rightfullty pointed out, your choice depends on your requirement and some of us are committed to Nusajaya because given its proximity to Singapore the price is still very attractive. This is one place where we can live and still be attached to Singapore.- Some folks have already pointed out that the 90% figure you have for foreigners is a bit over the top. Also, there is a difference, these foreigners are not 'remote control' investors from PRC or India or Corporations who will start dumping the properties once the economy goes south. But, these foreigners are mostly Singaporeans, and a good chunk have purchased for own stay, retirement or weekend stay, besides investment. These folks are proudly committed and are in for the long haul.- Developments within KL has its own pros and cons. Before you take a plunge just based on the price, I suggest you do some research as to why the price is so attractive. And you dont have to do much beyond going to our old friend google.com. Here is what I came up with regarding the Orion condo:http://www.propwall.my/jalan_tun_razak/the_orionJust scroll down to the 'Analysis' section and you will know why this is so cheap, given prices in some prime KLCC developments are hitting RM 3,000 psf. You get what you pay for.Anyway, wish you all the best.
Thank you for the analysis. These are the reasons, also those by Jasonjst, HH, Spidey and all those invested in Nusajaya why it is so far a success and WILL continue to do so. Don't forget Singapore/J.B. is 45 minutes away depending on 'conditions'.For those with family ties, a 'dash' over the 'LINKS' and you are there in the unfortunate event something happens. In terms of investment, where in the locations mention has there been a concentration of various 'necessities' yes 'necessities' like 'Education, Family entertainment, Medical and even Life style living being concentrated in a particular segment of Proposed larger investment AREA!!! We are all seeing the increased value of property bought from only 2 years prior ( my first was in 2009 ) or about to buy. Bro Wuqi and others of similar views and mindset started even earlier!!!! I have been and seen property in KL, Penang, East Malaysia, nothing has risen so fast or have the backing and impetus as that as NUSAJAYA / Iskandar development. In a span of two weeks property price of 'a piece of AIR space' rising by 15%!!!! ( Imperia to Encore soft launch ) IMO, this is not a gold mine IT'S PALADIUM.........As bro IS suggests do your research widely as many of us in this forum has before you decide NUSAJAYA isn't worth it. As one newcomer so brashly wrote, "....which fool........invest in JB" That so call "FOOL" is LAUGHING all the way to the bank and had also the graciousness to share his wealth of knowledge and time. I strongly suggest an apology made to the FOOL before anymore postings here........

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulations for making a good judgment and decision. a firmed decision to buy or not is a good decision.
90% person of common people will not buy property in JB. We are the rare 5-10%..and we are so happy about it. if one day 50% people think property in JB is good, wow.. the price will be exciting..

It also mean the price is cheap now..

This blog sums up exactly my thought:
http://horizonhills.wordpress.com/2011/12/08/so-you-wanna-buy-a-house-in-hh/

I'm not a Malaysian property expert because in fact I research Malaysian property for less than 2 weeks.
But that doesn't mean I can't get sufficient information through the field research and online.
My daily job is to gather information, summarize it and find solution. I use the same way to research the JB property recently: Gather info, compare it, why why why.. and conclusion.
And my conclusion is as above is for investment purpose (which is my objective).

I'm not buying for the retirement because I have not reached that stage.
And if you buy for your own stay and you feel comfortable with it. Just enjoy it. That's all what I can think of.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
congratulations for making a good judgment and decision. A firmed decision to buy or not is a good decision.
90% person of common people will not buy property in jb. We are the rare 5-10%..and we are so happy about it. If one day 50% people think property in jb is good, wow.. The price will be exciting..

like!!!!!!

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://horizonhills.wordpress.com/2011/12/27/malaysias-debt/

It’s a little known but true fact that Malaysia is in debt. In today’s context, we’d expect Asian economies to be thriving with strong, positive balance sheets, Malaysia is an exception.
Nonetheless, all the money in the world won’t help if the government continues to mismanage resources. Hopefully, with the new generation, Malaysia boleh!

my facebook friend has posted this a few days ago:
EPF borrows 300 million pounds latest

and this EPF anyhow approves loan
'the accountant general audited, of the 13 person's loan that got approved, only 1 actually qualifies..the total amount is 551亿 (this one dunno.. 50 billion?) pardon my translation..

hey they are in a similar shit as we are.. our temasik losing moola everywhere, and them..sama sama..

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys thanks for the wishes!!! finally back to office after a short break , still no mood to work .... lucky boss is back to hometown Denmark for christmas ...so I still can snake snake a bit here .....Bru Wuqi ,I am truly sorry that I have dragged u in with regards to my post with "Lord" Anyway , lets move on and ignore all those ppl who are not here to help our fellow singaporeans to have a quality life in JB.Guys I hope my next next birthday i can spend it in my own house .Hope UEM can faster hand over the house to me ...
Belated birthday wishes to you. Wise decision to buy a place here, guess 1 year older more wiser..... :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok sis, noted the content. Will keep that in mind. Will fight for it. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Oh pai seh .

Here's the link :

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/groups/horizonhills/

Not sure u can see or not if u are not a mem yet ...
Anyway , i think they just random mentioned abt price reducing , coz when I asked abt NI , it mentioned abt the early bird discount.
Btw , if u really gg to buy NI , u can use my name as referal and developer will give 1k or 2k fees coz i am Singaporean and there is a tax on it.
Then i will pass back to u .
Since developer earn so much from us , we should take some back from them too ....
My sales is Irene Lee but it doesnt matter if u already have yr own sales ppl coz this referal fees doesnt affect their commission . Anyway my sales told me they dun have commission de ... only variable bonus.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This confirm 1 fact.. money is slowly losing its value.. eventually hard asset count since countris can always print money like anything..
my facebook friend has posted this a few days ago:
EPF borrows 300 million pounds latest

and this EPF anyhow approves loan
'the accountant general audited, of the 13 person's loan that got approved, only 1 actually qualifies..the total amount is 551亿 (this one dunno.. 50 billion?) pardon my translation..

hey they are in a similar shit as we are.. our temasik losing moola everywhere, and them..sama sama..

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
No lah its good you sound youthful with excitement. Hot tai tai must be young at heart too. Me? I think I have an old brain.. got such thing ah..

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Congratulations for making a good judgment and decision. a firmed decision to buy or not is a good decision.
90% person of common people will not buy property in JB. We are the rare 5-10%..and we are so happy about it. if one day 50% people think property in JB is good, wow.. the price will be exciting..

Agree. Prices in Nusajaya are definitely not at their peak, even though prices are already at a premium.
On the contrary, Singapore's price is more likely to be at its peak rather than Nusajaya's.

We judge things so complicatedly because our own money is at stake.
If this is an investment game and we are using fake money, everything will suddenly become so clear and simple.
Say Singapore's price is at $10 now, that puts Nusajaya price at around $1. (even though already priced at a premium, still 10 times cheaper)
To see our investment doubles in say 5 years, it's so much easier for Nusajaya to further develop(with present committed investments) and its price doubles to $2, than Singapore's price doubling to $20.

Moreover, we are not imagining the future developments of Nusajaya, there are already tons of committed investments Mainly in Nusajaya.
Nusajaya is not just the hottest investment magnet in Iskandar Region, it is the strongest investment magnet among all the other Economic Corridors of Malaysia so far.

For so much investments to be concentrated in such a small area(Nusajaya is only about 5% the size of Iskandar Region. Around the size of Tuas maybe?), any Tom Dick and Harry playing this investment game will include Nusajaya as a part of their total investment portfolio.

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
DREAMorACTION said:
I always have the impression that she is in late 20s, very young.... Last resort bro, if u admit that u r nicholas, maybe she will tell u her age then haha

Hhaha! I think I know who is nicholas.he is in this thread too..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
How do u view the ease of liquidity/disposal of properties? Majority prefers to buy off plan from developers instead of sub sale because the offers by developer are quite attractive and palatable. We shall hope that the gov maintain the proposal that come 2015, developer can also sell upon completion. Then the subsale market will see tremendous changes .

There are many other land resources at the outskirts of nusajaya. The ease of transportation and current reasonable price has resulted people dont mind traveling a bit longer (and maybe perhaps just 10 mins longer at most) by staying further. More so while the property prices have increased quite handsomely, the car price see no/little appreciation. Will this play a little effect on the potential investment return, despite even after the nusajaya is fully bloomed? What's your view bro? :smile:

Agree. Prices in Nusajaya are definitely not at their peak, even though prices are already at a premium.
On the contrary, Singapore's price is more likely to be at its peak rather than Nusajaya's.

We judge things so complicatedly because our own money is at stake.
If this is an investment game and we are using fake money, everything will suddenly become so clear and simple.
Say Singapore's price is at $10 now, that puts Nusajaya price at around $1. (even though already priced at a premium, still 10 times cheaper)
To see our investment double in say 5 years, it's so much easier for Nusajaya to further develop and its price doubles to $2, than Singapore's price doubling to $20.

Moreover, we are not imagining the future developments of Nusajaya, there are already tons of committed investments Mainly in Nusajaya.
Nusajaya is not just the hottest investment magnet in Iskandar Region, it is the strongest investment magnet among all the other Economic Corridors of Malaysia so far.

For so much investments to be concentrated in such a small area(Nusajaya is only about 5% the size of Iskandar Region. Around the size of Tuas maybe?), any Tom Dick and Harry playing this investment game will include Nusajaya as a part of their total investment portfolio.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.