• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've decided to pull out of my JB property hunt as I feel it is being priced at premium.
- Nusajaya location isn't yet mature and the land is 3x of singapore.
- The rental market is poor and with the flood of Singaporean money into Nusajaya or surrounding, this create the surge in supply. This will give further poor rental yield.
- I was talking to developer and for the property around RM700k + RM100k reno + fitting = her monthly estimated rental is only RM2k to max RM2.5k.
If I buy this Nusajaya property it only means I'm subsidizing others to stay.
- Whenever only foreigners are buying. The property is deemed to be premium. Look at who are buying in Nusajaya? 90% foreigners.
- With equal price/psf I can get a better appartment at the heart of KL,

If you look at Singapore market, the yield could be worse if you buy now.
For a condo I'm familiar near Simei MRT, 2BR unit may be rented out for say $3-3.5k and it cost around $900k.
Prices keep increasing if not for recent government policy. In fact nov stats out already and I think price index did not drop.
But agree with you that the hot zone in Iskandar are really premium priced now.
But if I'm forced to invest, I'll still buy in JB than KL than Singapore.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've decided to pull out of my JB property hunt as I feel it is being priced at premium.
- Nusajaya location isn't yet mature and the land is 3x of singapore.
- The rental market is poor and with the flood of Singaporean money into Nusajaya or surrounding, this create the surge in supply. This will give further poor rental yield.
- I was talking to developer and for the property around RM700k + RM100k reno + fitting = her monthly estimated rental is only RM2k to max RM2.5k.
If I buy this Nusajaya property it only means I'm subsidizing others to stay.
- Whenever only foreigners are buying. The property is deemed to be premium. Look at who are buying in Nusajaya? 90% foreigners.
- With equal price/psf I can get a better appartment at the heart of KL, the capital.

Just compare this Orion condo in KL with Impiana East Ledang:
http://www.iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/821509/City_Centre_Condominium_ForSale
- Impiana has inferior appartment status while Orion is a condo status.
- psf price wise is the same but I believe Orion has better interior fitting as it has condo status.
- Orion at the heart of KL city. Impiana at the heart of ledang city still surrounded by woods.

Similarly you still can find landed in KL with the price of Horizon Hills. why would I buy unproven location?

bro.., besides the house which you are currently staying, i sense that this is probably your first property investment?...your trepidation is perfectly normal as it is in a foreign land some more.

Investing and subsidizing are not exactly the same creature. Investment means owning an asset with a small initial outlay and getting returns from it. Hopefully the returns can cover the monthly instalments and other cost. If not, then have to cough out some monies to make up for it. In the interim, if there is capital gains to be realised, one can sell it for that purpose. You realised that eventhough it could be sucking monies from you every month, you are still holding on to an asset (hopefully an appreciating one). it is akin to a forced savings plan with an exit option (i.e. sell if the price is good). And for this to bear fruit, normally one must also have time on their side. So even though it may turn out to be a bad investment, you still have time on your side to earn back the monies lost.

If you view it this way, you will not be bothered about 'subsidizing' your tenants. If there is any subsidizing, it is the bankers' obscenely fat bonus/pay that we are paying through the high interest. Imagine again that today instead of the need to borrow from the banks, you have S$250K on hand to fully pay for the condo. Even at RM1,000 nett (after deduct maintainence etc) rental per month, it is still a respectable 2% return. How much are SG banks giving now for deposits?.

sggecko

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you look at Singapore market, the yield could be worse if you buy now.
For a condo I'm familiar near Simei MRT, 2BR unit may be rented out for say $3-3.5k and it cost around $900k.
Prices keep increasing if not for recent government policy. In fact nov stats out already and I think price index did not drop.
But agree with you that the hot zone in Iskandar are really premium priced now.
But if I'm forced to invest, I'll still buy in JB than KL than Singapore.

Therefore I would not buy SG property right now.
see this coverage today:
The Edge did a useful coverage of high-end properties in the Cairnhill area, which shows the excruciatingly slow pace of take-ups at several condo developments, largely undertaken by listed companies.
- One of the most glaring examples is SC Global, whose Hilltops is only 14% sold almost 4 years after the launch, and despite being already completed. (It is unclear why the developer is anxious to have
commenced work on The Ardmore, to add to its bulging inventories, where there are several projects yet to come on stream: Wheelock’s Ardmore II, Wing Tai’s Le Nouvel, only 1 of 43 units sold, as
well as Nouvel 18, its jv with City Developments.
- Wing Tai has sold 76 units of Helios Residences, or just >50% of total units. The project has obtained TOP and was first launched in 2007.
- CapitaLand has done well with Urban Suites (all 165 units sold) but not Urban Resort next door: only 25 units out of 64 sold. TOP is expected in 2013.
- The superluxe Hamilton Scotts and Ritz Carlton Residences (both developed by privately owned KOP) are still only about a third sold three to 4 years after launch, and now completed

If the price plunge 30% I maybe keen to enter :smile:
Share price plunges first. Most property share has plunged half from recent peak. Example capitaland price drop from $4.44 to $2.25

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, u sound quite like me and thinking quite alike. However, for own stay, the sentimental value always cost more than what it actually worth. Remember the couple who paid sky high price at cck for the HDB? So long as u have identified one and are happy enough to justify u getting out of the rat race, why bother about anything else, as in how the market is gonna move, how the price fluctuate etc. for own stay, no matter what situation/condition it throws at u, u will still need to stay on as it's your base. That's why pick a middle range property and lots of local presence, and I don't think u can go too wrong. Try to search google and properly agency website, more listings appear for those higher end/reputable tamans because of the speculator. Some is for weekend home and no matter how mix amenities one provides in a vicinity, the vibrancy will just won't be there.

As for living cost, yes it's increasing, but u can still can a lot of cheap food, shopping etc. if u understand the local enough, take a family of 4 to 6, their household income might just well be below 3k but there are ways to survive on it and be happy. If we keep spending at jusco, Sutera, restaurants, big meals everyday, of course it's gonna be hefty. Try to blend in like a local and spend moderately, I think we will be just as fine :-)

I believe we share the same thoughts but I'm gonna make my first bold action soon. Hopefully its gonna work out.

Why don't u just share your real concerns for us to understand better?

Hi D&A,

I have already bought a unit from SP at Bukit Indah....I'm an engineer and a kiasi singaporean....now i think that explains why i analyse so much (too much).

while alot of bro/sis here are investors, they wish the place to boom.... for me, my mindset is more like the jb heartlanders.... just want a quiet and stressless place to grow old.... dun want a plate of chao kuey tiao to cost 8 ringgit.... dont want PAP to come jb and Ka Chiao....

i believe many average joes like me will share the same sentiment....

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
crystal_tiong said:
Think wuqi mentioned u as agent before. And with this post, am confirmed u r agent too! Keep saying e same developments. U r just starting to annoy ppl.

Lol... If I were an agent, I would be leaving my contact everywhere and talking about Horizon Hills like everyone else here is. I'm providing a balanced view in this thread. Most of the people here own places near Nusajaya. So my contribution is to let people know that there are good alternatives near the first link as well. I don't really care if you believe or not, but I'm an owner in Straits View. If you also own a place there, ill like to say hi as neighbors :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh good what. At least u have planned and materialized it. Why still sound so frustrating? Something is stil bothering u right now I think, but cant see what it is from your post. If u can voice it out, then let's have a small discussion :-)

Hi D&A,

I have already bought a unit from SP at Bukit Indah....I'm an engineer and a kiasi singaporean....now i think that explains why i analyse so much (too much).

while alot of bro/sis here are investors, they wish the place to boom.... for me, my mindset is more like the jb heartlanders.... just want a quiet and stressless place to grow old.... dun want a plate of chao kuey tiao to cost 8 ringgit.... dont want PAP to come jb and Ka Chiao....

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh good what. At least u have planned and materialized it. Why still sound so frustrating? Something is stil bothering u right now I think, but cant see what it is from your post. If u can voice it out, then let's have a small discussion :-)

Alamak...nevermind lah...dont wanna flood this place with my 个人演讲会。。。。thanks for asking anyway~:wink:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe we share the same thoughts but I'm gonna make my first bold action soon. Hopefully its gonna work out.

Bro..before you make your signature bold move. let me first warn you that many of the gold shop/banks hire security with GUNS hor. Loaded some more. Not the guard duty we do type where bullets are in the pouch one. haha.

By the way, there is one v interesting guard at one of the jewellery shops at Sutera Mall that carrys a pump-action shotgun i think..its not the gun thats interesting...its the guard..any bros who visit sutera mall often can enlighten me..man or woman ah?. haha.

cheers

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lol... If I were an agent, I would be leaving my contact everywhere and talking about Horizon Hills like everyone else here is. I'm providing a balanced view in this thread. Most of the people here own places near Nusajaya. So my contribution is to let people know that there are good alternatives near the first link as well. I don't really care if you believe or not, but I'm an owner in Straits View. If you also own a place there, ill like to say hi as neighbors :smile:

My lord,
What is your view on security outside Straits View Residences? I commented some posts ago the development is indeed very attractive but you are aware you will be glaringly "thorn among roses" among the local residences outside. What makes you feel comfortable about the security of this area?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
lastresort,

thanks for clarification. But I mean, it was just taken out from the property site. But I believe there are so many similar deals where one still can get decent price in KL.
What I want to stress is that the premium Nusajaya development being offered to foreigners especially Singaporean.

Assume the whole Nusajaya development 90% demand is by non Malaysian. This is terrible as the pool of foreigners are limited.
This doesn't create enough liquidity for secondary market and it also means won't see higher resale value.

actually if you look carefully, Horizon Hills prices may be close to certain developments in certain Selangor districts like Shah Alam, but im saying very out of town developments in certain districts. Definitely no where close KL.

Take for example, an old non G&G taman in Petaling Jaya, Selangor called Damansara Utama. Very old double storey links of 22 x 70 are going for around 800-900k. And this price is a bargain!

KLCC psf price for new launches are from 1500-2000 up.

Singapore's record is around SGD 6500 psf!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
O gosh, staying in JB? who is the idiot that think of such lousy idea?

thats an easy one..

just go to page 1 and read all the pages till your post bro..you should be able to uncover at least a few hundred of them...me included..haha.

cheers.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh thank god, was expecting a long speech. So now, we can have peace and quiet then lol. Joking.

Of course u can voice out anytime, and there is PM function if u wanna voice out anytime, anywhere :-) feel free bro and perk up!

Alamak...nevermind lah...dont wanna flood this place with my 个人演讲会。。。。thanks for asking anyway~:wink:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
maxpark said:
Oh, thought Senibong Cove is near to Leisure Farm! Will check it out, thanks.
I usually take 2nd Link, as I try to avoid the city jams, so not familiar with the East part of JB.

Btw, does anyone here have a few JB property agents names to recommend?
Looking for someone who's reliable, knowledgeable, honest, not bullshit kind and look to work longterm.
I'm looking at both buying and renting out.
Please PM me if convenient, thank you.

I just read up quite abit on leisure farm... Thought of visiting it one of these weekends. Location and surrounding looks ideal but understood from the forum that there is a problem with the road leading up to the development.

Personally, I use gps to drive around JB instead of relying on an agent to take me around. Not too difficult if you do your research and plan the trip beforehand.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is an advantage to sinkie govt.. Export all those not economically viable and import anyone young and cheap that can contribute more to the govt CPF..

Those that can spend in Singapore are welcome.. Those that can't please go to JB, especially the old and the needies..

Pardon my ignorant abt political matters, but I don't see why sg gov will encourage easier access for singsporean's in and out of jb.
1) to encourage singsporeans to spend money in another country?
2) to facilitate singaporeAns living in jb coming in and out of jb on daily basis?
3) to encourage more malaysians to work in Singapore?

I really don't see much for Singapore to gain out of these.... Maybe someone can slap me on the back of my head and enlighten me

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi D&A,...while alot of bro/sis here are investors, they wish the place to boom.... for me, my mindset is more like the jb heartlanders.... just want a quiet and stressless place to grow old.... dun want a plate of chao kuey tiao to cost 8 ringgit.... dont want PAP to come jb and Ka Chiao....

Valid. :smile: Najib and the BN gov may want more investments and "riches" flowing into Johor and somehow into their pockets :biggrin: thru' PAP maybe...but i believe they will face resistance from their local lower to middle class grassroots when these ppl see that a plate of char kuey tiao and a mee soto is costing RM8! Malaysians are not as compliant as sinkies :wink:

We want to retire well in Iskanda, enjoying the exchange rate, but we must also remind ourselves we must think of the 99% in fact, we are part of the 99%... middle class. When Johoreans have jobs and standard of living improves, naturally we will be more welcome and we can then feel saver.

Sometimes in life we can't have our tutucake and eat it :biggrin: i support your view and i also want Johoreans to do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.