• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
No offense bro, I've seen many comments about people being ignorant about Nusajaya and have the impression that it should be same as the old JB. It's because they did not go down personally to see the place.

Personally, I feel many Nusajaya buyers maybe ignorant about the New Tebrau area like Cascadia, bandar dato ONN, Adda heights, etc. When you exit NSHW at Adda Heights exit towards Setia indah and Cascadia, the roads are wide and new. There's much greeneries and a lot of room for future development. If Setia Indah is to Bukit Indah, then
Setia Eco cascadia is to Horizon Hills. You know what I mean....
From google map, the highway distance from tuas link to bukit indah is 21.5km.
The highway distance from woodlands link to NSHW (via EDL) Adda height exit is about 14km.
So I see a potential for this New Tebrau area which still has much land for future projects.
We can wait but I would project a price escalation when these are launched in future.

I pretty much agree with you in this aspect. Iskandar Malaysia is, afterall, 3 times as large as Singapore. It is therefore not surprise that people from the North, South, East and West, are ignorant of others developments. We all have our own bias! But I think we should work together to make Iskandar Malaysia a more desirable place to be in!

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia and Singapore are jointly involve in a feasibilty study of a third link now. News from Singapore side. I hope it materialize. By then, traffic problem would be eased further.

Hopefully the political leaders will see the light and get this done sooner rather than later.
The People demands it! :smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
to me..1 Medini will the future 'Core central' of JB...but few people can see so far..people get excited over things they can see,..not over plans. it will be another 5 years before the rest of the average joe realised they have missed the Nusajaya boat...and another 10 years before they realised they should have invested in Medini much earlier. i wont be surprised if 15 to 20 years from now, the number of motorbikes coming to work in sing is equal to the number of cars going into JB for work.

Now, if that happens, and infrastructures are not ready for such heavy loads, that would be another major desaster right?

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pretty much agree with you in this aspect. Iskandar Malaysia is, afterall, 3 times as large as Singapore. It is therefore not surprise that people from the North, South, East and West, are ignorant of others developments. We all have our own bias! But I think we should work together to make Iskandar Malaysia a more desirable place to be in!

Yup, its a huge place indeed!

And its not helped by the fact that road signs can sometimes be misleading (or missing!) and for those (like me) who dont like to travel in dark, unlit, unknown places in Malaysia at night, especially with family along; have to be mindful of timing, so when time's up, will have to stop venturing and head back to familiar grounds.

Not sure about the rest, I dont really feel this kind of 'small anxiety' outside of JB, for example in Melaka or even KL - perhaps the years of 'conditioning' about the crimes committed, whether real or stories, in JB has shaped some perceptions that are difficult to shed.

Thats why the 2 Govts efforts and energy towards tackling this 'perception' has to start at ground level up and is of paramount importance if IM is to succeed as it surely must and should.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I perceive point (3) as something negative to those who have already invested with cold hard cash... Do u?

Allowing CPF to buy homes across the causeway would drive up demand actually. Doubt SG will allow this...

Better not get Singapore or *** involve . Otherwise he will introduce shitty COE , ERP and make everyone of us *** here too ! :mad:

Our island is becoming a pay and pay place and only for the upper class. Sure it has its conveniences, but it is increasingly less liveable for the middle class. That's how this thread started and became so popular :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I had a fruitful Christmas night at my tenants' place as he has a Christmas party. Already, the houses in the Gateway are mostly packed with residents. I was pleasantly surprised to see fireworks during the night time as I had tot that there wont be much Christians staying around. I was proven wrong as there were a few other Christmas parties. Also had dinner at Grand Paragon ( RM 80 per pax ) and I must say its a really good bargain. I used to patronise Parris in Marina Square and per pax is S$80 already.

I also read about someone commenting Malaysia is safer than Spore? Cmon, please dont get this wrong misconception. If you drive a Spore car and venture around JB, you really dont feel safe and its really a risky place compared to Spore, although I must say the security issue has been improved with more police presence

Be frank to yourself. When you drive around Malaysia, do you lock your car doors? When you drive around Spore, do you lock? The first thing I entered my car in Malaysia is to LOCK up my car and I would advise all of you to do the same. I am not putting down on Malaysia crime rates. The facts are always there. The news on crimes are not exaggerated by the Spore press but the New Straits Times and Sin Chew Daily, as I made it a point to read at least 3 Malaysia papers daily on top of the Straits times

Things have improved a lot and are still improving but MY is not safer than Singapore. I am still one of those who carry on locking my car doors. Vigilance is still key when going anywhere especially if its someplace unfamiliar. I did however buy a number of MY cars and so blending in pretty well with all the right stickers and accessories. There was one time, my SG car was stopped and the police thought initially it was an MY car. He let me go after he saw my road tax disc. :wink:

Last edited:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had a fruitful Christmas night at my tenants' place as he has a Christmas party. Already, the houses in the Gateway are mostly packed with residents. I was pleasantly surprised to see fireworks during the night time as I had tot that there wont be much Christians staying around. I was proven wrong as there were a few other Christmas parties. Also had dinner at Grand Paragon ( RM 80 per pax ) and I must say its a really good bargain. I used to patronise Parris in Marina Square and per pax is S$80 already.

I also read about someone commenting Malaysia is safer than Spore? Cmon, please dont get this wrong misconception. If you drive a Spore car and venture around JB, you really dont feel safe and its really a risky place compared to Spore, although I must say the security issue has been improved with more police presence

Be frank to yourself. When you drive around Malaysia, do you lock your car doors? When you drive around Spore, do you lock? The first thing I entered my car in Malaysia is to LOCK up my car and I would advise all of you to do the same. I am not putting down on Malaysia crime rates. The facts are always there. The news on crimes are not exaggerated by the Spore press but the New Straits Times and Sin Chew Daily, as I made it a point to read at least 3 Malaysia papers daily on top of the Straits times

I do the same too.
Lock up immediately when in the car, especially in JB and also KL...
In Spore, almost never! ... I think one of these days, I should get one of those auto-lock mechanisms that self-lock when above certain speeds, to save the trouble, haha.

One other extra thing I do is when parking in JB, put extra wheel locks on... even though car has immobiliser and in theory, should be more robust than any mechanical locks! I guess it's to give some peace of mind and also a visual deterrence to any would-be intruders to look for easier prey elsewhere?!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Maxpark, none taken. You can invoke it anytime as i am a nobody here but i would normally read up more before commenting on others name.
You too.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I do the same too.
Lock up immediately when in the car, especially in JB and also KL...
In Spore, almost never! ... I think one of these days, I should get one of those auto-lock mechanisms that self-lock when above certain speeds, to save the trouble, haha.

One other extra thing I do is when parking in JB, put extra wheel locks on... even though car has immobiliser and in theory, should be more robust than any mechanical locks! I guess it's to give some peace of mind and also a visual deterrence to any would-be intruders to look for easier prey elsewhere?!

Go to any good accessories shops, they have IR sensor (internal) as well as locks that will stop the car from starting in the first place(pull up type, some where a little near the brakes area)

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hopefully the political leaders will see the light and get this done sooner rather than later.
The People demands it! :smile:

Pardon my ignorant abt political matters, but I don't see why sg gov will encourage easier access for singsporean's in and out of jb.
1) to encourage singsporeans to spend money in another country?
2) to facilitate singaporeAns living in jb coming in and out of jb on daily basis?
3) to encourage more malaysians to work in Singapore?

I really don't see much for Singapore to gain out of these.... Maybe someone can slap me on the back of my head and enlighten me

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
But that is if I get the 90% loan(is it easy to get?).
What about the legal fees and other stuff? Would RM50k be enough in your scenario? THanks

My first house, I took up an loan from the cash values of my own insurance with NTUC, then use the rent that I have collected from my HDB flat to pay it back. Just a suggestion. If its of any use to you.

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will tell you Malaysian cars can only park outside his Medini JV , haha ! Worse they get Aunties to summon you for parking illegally.

Summons by aunties or uncles in JB, already in existence, so beware!
I already kena once before several months ago but till now dont know where to make payment!
Anyway...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Pardon my ignorant abt political matters, but I don't see why sg gov will encourage easier access for singsporean's in and out of jb.
1) to encourage singsporeans to spend money in another country?
2) to facilitate singaporeAns living in jb coming in and out of jb on daily basis?
3) to encourage more malaysians to work in Singapore?

I really don't see much for Singapore to gain out of these.... Maybe someone can slap me on the back of my head and enlighten me

Hi Tutucake,

Its a twist on Singapore version of "juche" which has been somewhat tweaked now as they realised "juche" can only get them so far.

Its to lessen the burden of many on the country as they are able to help themselves better if they are in Johore
Its to lessen the burden on the hospitals and medical infrastructure by getting Singaporeans to get their medical needs
looked after in Johore.
Its to cooperate rather than compete on the medical, educational, entertainment as well as manufacturing fronts.
Both countries have things which each other needs, we are an island so they realised we can help the "hinterland" and vice
versa..

In an incoming long drawn storm, the 2 feuding brothers needs to unite and help each other.

Last edited:

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: causeway link bus

the clause protects common interest. what if an owner wants his outer wall in bright green paint? another in bloody red for good luck sake? Any owner can express taste within his/hers home.

This is to be expected, it comes as a "package" for landed free-hold living. Unless you buy strata title of some sort...

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
A few announcements rumoured to be:

1) Easier access and connectivity between two countries such as a third link.. or expansion of the current causeway or MRTs etc etc. Even got SBS buses running 2nd link into Nusajaya from Singapore.
2) Sporeans living in Iskandar do not need passport to enter or leave Spore and Iskandar.
3) An exclusive high-end residence and taman in Medini owned 50-50 by both T and K. Can pay by CPF.
4) Singapore to be part of Malaysia. Lee Hsien Loong will be DPM. PM Najib salary will be S$300,000 ( from S$10,000 currently )

Ok the rumours i hear are:

1) Singapore will develop a "Suzhou Industrial Park like" project in Gelang Patah called Geylang Industrial Park
2) Malaysia and Singapore will co-develop a reservoir at Kota Tinggi because Bedok Reservoir is too contaminated and Kota Tinggi has many natural waterfalls
3) Multi-park tickets will be sold allowing economical access to RWS and Legoland transport included
4) CPF usage will be allowed if you send your aged parents to Wellness Village in Nusajaya
5) Pelabuhan Tanjong Puteri will have a passport free zone allowing yatch owners from Sinkieland to drop by for coffee

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi, your modesty is always most disarming.
Anyway, I trust you are definitely not an agent (but even if one is so, like I said to Crystal, so what?)...
So again, perhaps you read my initial message in the wrong context and sorry if any misunderstandings there but anyway, its water under the bridge now, lets move on... :smile:

Thanks for the tips on the car mods but frankly, I'm not too handy/knowledgeable with these things and much prefer to let my original car dealer to handle all these mechanical/electrical and keep the engine running smoothly, thats all I need and ask (not cheap at all though)...

I'm seriously considering your suggestion though, on buying a MY car to move around.
That's not a bad idea...

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok the rumours i hear are:

1) Singapore will develop a "Suzhou Industrial Park like" project in Gelang Patah called Geylang Industrial Park
2) Malaysia and Singapore will co-develop a reservoir at Kota Tinggi because Bedok Reservoir is too contaminated and Kota Tinggi has many natural waterfalls
3) Multi-park tickets will be sold allowing economical access to RWS and Legoland transport included
4) CPF usage will be allowed if you send your aged parents to Wellness Village in Nusajaya
5) Pelabuhan Tanjong Puteri will have a passport free zone allowing yatch owners from Sinkieland to drop by for coffee

Guys, your 'thinkin-out-of-the-box' exercises cracks me up! haha...

Okane

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm also interested in NI8 as well. Last weekend wanted go see their show houses but suay suay jam till at jam so end up pump petrol and go home.

So is it really true that NI8 is only 50% sold off? I'm look for a intermediate lot as it will not be too ex. I afraid it might get sold out like HH and Nusa Duta.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry i missed another important project... they will glue together Singapore and Malaysia, Straits of Johor will disappear, and there will not need to build any more bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.