• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree, I read from a prop guru book that says condos facing a pool of water (swimming pool/lake/sea/river) have a very calming feeling (hard to explain), also chinese like to have water in front as we think it gives good fengsui. Green scenery views like park/garden/golf course are good too.

To me - make sure it is not facing afternoon/evening sun....the rest is ok!!! in my younger days, bought one house facing afternoon/evening sun....stay in the house also can get sun-tan.....quickly sold it off! and promised myself will never get another place that faces the afternoon/evening sun!!

cobragold

Alfrescian
Loyal
If this is true, then really painful for users! Pay both side... Not that it's jam free!!!!

Hi,
Sg govt has said this before. They will match the toll set by my on both the causeway and second link. This is to ensure that both sides know that they cannot increase the toll without the other side doing the same. However sg govt also added if my toll is free they will also follow. So toll is actually controlled by my side. Why are they wanting to fix such a high rate of toll is because the highway contract was awarded to umno company and the cost of construction had to include pocket money.

relaxmannn

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me - make sure it is not facing afternoon/evening sun....the rest is ok!!! in my younger days, bought one house facing afternoon/evening sun....stay in the house also can get sun-tan.....quickly sold it off! and promised myself will never get another place that faces the afternoon/evening sun!!

Yes, its true not to have afternoon sun front & back.
I have my HDB main door facing west, the room temperature is around 33deg at 4pm.
Swear not to have a house facing west!

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, its true not to have afternoon sun front & back.
I have my HDB main door facing west, the room temperature is around 33deg at 4pm.
Swear not to have a house facing west!

For me i prefer a bit of either the morning sun or afternoon sun into the house...not too much tho...this wil help sanitize the furniture etc...a house that has very little sunlight coming in is a good breeding ground for pests - things that can be seen...as well as things that cannot be seen...too ying.

Balance is always the key.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good day everyone, been reading this thread for a couple of months, really informative, helpful and encouraging... have committed on a freehold at NI8b :-)

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Najib effectively dropped the 'bomb' today about Iskandar. Lots to look forward to not so much landmark/entertainment but more other stuff hopefully to drive up demand of workforce and bring in the crowds. Below is an article in short from NST.

• The new investments are between Iskandar Investment Berhad (IIB) and Frost and Sullivan, as well as Multimedia Development Corporation (MDEC) for the establishment of the RM100 million Frost and Sullivan Global Innovation Centre in Medini.
  • IIB and DHL have also agreed to establish the Iskandar Malaysia DHL Supply Chain Centre of Excellence, valued at RM0.5 million in committed investment.
  • University of Reading of Malaysia will establish the University of Reading Malaysia in Educity, Iskandar Malaysia with committed investment of RM135 million.
  • Other investments include by local developer Ra Ta land Sdn Bhd for a 25-storey twin towers office project in Medini North, Iskandar Malaysia worth RM250 million.
  • The Multimedia University and University of Southern California also inked an agreement to establish a Cinematic Arts programme at Educity.

Last edited:

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pool view usually more popular unless the alternative has a commanding view of greenery, landscape or impressive skyline..if its township/low rise houses..I would go with pool.
Some may have concerns about noise from children/swimmers, but I think those with pool views will be easier to rent out and provide better use of balcony. Obviously height from and proximity to pool will have impact on noise levels..but Ive seen angmohs spend hours sitting ouside pool facing balcony drinking/reading on weekends. Personally I prefer pool views and like the tranquility and water noises/reflections and views at night when pool is closed to swimmers.

I do agree...when contemplating on which unit to purchase for Impiana, I was told by the SA that normally the pool view units will command a better rental and pricing when compares to units facing landscape or low lying housing...A simple research on some of those properties site also revealed similar conclusion.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I think Najib effectively dropped the 'bomb' today about Iskandar. Lots to look forward to not so much landmark/entertainment but more other stuff hopefully to drive up demand of workforce and bring in the crowds. Below is an article in short from NST.

• The new investments are between Iskandar Investment Berhad (IIB) and Frost and Sullivan, as well as Multimedia Development Corporation (MDEC) for the establishment of the RM100 million Frost and Sullivan Global Innovation Centre in Medini.
  • IIB and DHL have also agreed to establish the Iskandar Malaysia DHL Supply Chain Centre of Excellence, valued at RM0.5 million in committed investment.
  • University of Reading of Malaysia will establish the University of Reading Malaysia in Educity, Iskandar Malaysia with committed investment of RM135 million.
  • Other investments include by local developer Ra Ta land Sdn Bhd for a 25-storey twin towers office project in Medini North, Iskandar Malaysia worth RM250 million.
  • The Multimedia University and University of Southern California also inked an agreement to establish a Cinematic Arts programme at Educity.

Ok, finally its out but more to come?
:wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
something im pretty wary but i dont know if it is a common practise.

im taking loan with malaysia bank.

the agent told me that if my loan fails, the 2% downpayment will be confiscated by the seller.

is this true?

can any expert help ?

Thanks.

Actually for car loans and property loans, normally its negotiable if the bank loan is really not approved. Then again, they will normally try multiple banks and types of loan and tenure before finally giving up. It will be quite hard for one not to be approved by all banks.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Teck, as far as I know, the S&P must be signed first before the State Consent (applicable for foreigners only) application can be made. In ur case, I believe the lawyer would hv put in place a Conditions Precedent clause stating something to the effect that the S&P agreement is conditional upon the seller getting the Sate Consent. So, u are protected in this sense. This was one of the questions on my mind back then : )

Yes, agreed thats what a lawyer worth his salt would do for the client he/she represents.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I agree, I read from a prop guru book that says condos facing a pool of water (swimming pool/lake/sea/river) have a very calming feeling (hard to explain), also chinese like to have water in front as we think it gives good fengsui. Green scenery views like park/garden/golf course are good too.

The benevolent likes to be near the hills, the intelligent likes to be near water.
Zuo qing long, you bai hu, nan zhu que, bei xuan wu. :smile:

Tortoise (Black Warrior) = North, Winter, Black, Water
White Tiger (Kirin) = West, Fall, White, Metal
Red Bird (Phoenix) = South, Summer, Red, Fire
Dragon = East, Spring, Blue/Green, Wood

By the way, was on the highway the other day near Perling side, saw a huge spout of water, turned out to be the water fountain in one of the parks of HH.

Last edited:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
The benevolent likes to be near the hills, the intelligent likes to be near water.
Zuo qing long, you bai hu, nan zhu que, bei xuan wu. :smile:

Tortoise (Black Warrior) = North, Winter, Black, Water
White Tiger (Kirin) = West, Fall, White, Metal
Red Bird (Phoenix) = South, Summer, Red, Fire
Dragon = East, Spring, Blue/Green, Wood

By the way, was on the highway the other day near Perling side, saw a huge spout of water, turned out to be the water fountain in one of the parks of HH.

yes! they have the water fountain shooting water into the sky in the new lake.

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
All the best bro lastresort, i really hope you get what you want. :smile:

no lah, im not looking at buying anything now. I just want to start looking and studying market trend so that when I am ready to commit more in a few years time, I know I have seen enough and will be ready to spot a good opportunity. Rather than start looking only when I am ready, I start now. It is fun to check out new places and developments every week.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
yes definitely more to come in January!!

Yes, sounds like you already know whats in store too. :smile:

Someone just recently shocked me when he said to a very learned bro of mine. You guys must know something i don't, no one will vest so much if there wasn't sufficiently good reason. My bro smiled. :smile:

To those bros who already got vested here way before me - Hats off to you and again i wished i wasn't so stubborn back then.
To those bros who came out here when this post first started - Thank you for taking the step in trying something different and new.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Understand, yes it is, making informed choices and going forward with it with eyes open.
Wishing you all the very best. :smile:

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the area is ok, if you measure the distance to CBD and not to Tuas 2nd link! There is a way to by pass the Pasir Gudang highway....take the slip road out to NSHW, where you will by pass Adda Heights or Bandar Dato Onn...and once you hit the NSHW, it's a breeze to drive to the CBD...that is until you reach the flyover that is under contruction (EDL Highway) and leading into the City ctr...

If you are comparing HH/BI to CBD...I think this is closer...unless the costal hw is up...until now, have not use that hw yet...

I think for the past few years, housing standards have definitely improved. We are seeing more new and interesting living concepts. This improvement is in tandem with improving living standards, higher income, higher expectations, more job opportunities and investments in the region. I believe no town is an island and as long as one town does well, it will definitely have spillover effect on the whole of Iskandar. For some of us who bought a unit for own stay, we are seeing JB develop more completely, becoming more livable and well connected. The infrastructures, malls, schools and security have definitely improved, not just for Nusajaya, but the entire Iskandar, be it Kulai, Skudai, Kempas, Austin/Tebrau, Permas Jaya. As investors, we are always excited to visit new townships every week and talk to the sales people to find out more about the future developments in the new area. We want to know prices in different parts of JB are appreciating and not just for a small town because I feel that prices will never be stable if only a small region in Iskandar is doing well. When we thought HH is overpriced, we visited the other side of JB, the Masai region and found out the new launches coming up will be priced around HH price, can we then say HH is overpriced. I think not, because I think Iskandar as a region has seen prices move up north and this is sustainable because when we talked to an uncle from Batu Bahat, he told us the prices in his town has shoot thru the roof in the last few years. I am happy to know this because this means the entire region is doing well and stable. As investors, we are constantly updating ourselves on the latest market trend. We are also excited to know other towns are doing well and we see opportunities every where no matter how out of town the place may be, if the price is right, the opportunity is there and might have been overlooked by others. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.