• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
By next year, discussion about Nusajaya won't be just in this forum, it'll be all over Singapore. Why? Prime time news will report the opening ceremony of the first Legoland theme park in Asia, Nusajaya Johor!

We'll see traffic jams at 2nd link during weekends just like Woodlands causeway. Tens of thousands of Singaporeans will see Nusajaya with their own eyes for the first time and say, "Wah darling this city very nice leh! Don't look like Malaysia hor? Wah darling, a FreeHold landed house here is so much cheaper than our HDB, maybe we can buy one! How come now then we know of this city huh? If we know early, we hoseh liao!" :biggrin:

I really gota agree with u on this. Legoland is such a big theme park. The tourism will be boosted. Imagine bus loads of tourist and investors flocking to see Legoland and many other attractions. By then, East Ledang would be sold out.

Hey Yonglip and HorizonHills,
I have the same view as both of you. Since last year, I also believe that Legoland is one of the Key catalists for Nusajaya. I mentioned it in page 108 :smile: Seems like things are progressing really smoothly.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard they run out of white cards - so no need to fill in white cards for the time being ...:smile:

Best is both sides do away with the checkpoints altogether....waste a lot of resources..

though its a bloody super long shot, i hope to see it happening in my lifetime..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Alright, finaly back in SG again, with no foreseeable interruptions for a while. Time to call every agent up for viewings!

I do have some questions about MACS though.

I imagine I'll be applying for:

Category A: Issued to Short Term Immigration Pass/ Social Visit Pass holders

Issued to non-Malaysian daily trippers (involved with the development of Iskandar Region projects) and also for Citizens and Permanent Residents of Singapore who are frequently traveling to Malaysia on social visit purposes. i.e: attending meetings, exploring business opportunity orvisiting sites.

Odyssey mentioned to me that I could get this done at Bukit Indah JUSCO for a limited time, can anyone tell me if this is still possible?

If not, I will need to go to:

Pejabat Imigresen Bangunan Sultan Iskandar, Johor Bahru
Jalan Lingkaran Dalam
Aras 3 Utara
80300 Johor Bahru
Johor, Malaysia
Tel No: +607-2182424
Fax No: +607-2234233

Pejabat Imigresen Kompleks Sultan Abu Bakar
343, Jalan Bukit Kuching
81560 Tanjung Kupang
Johor, Malaysia
Tel No : +607-5133040
Fax No: +607-5133057

Bearing my passport, passport photograph and some cash gifts? Is that all?

Also, my son is 3 years old, does he need to get MACS done too?

Many thanks to all.

As HH and Crystal has kindly point out, just bring your passport with you, no need to bring any photographs and just head straight down to get the MACS. Cuts down on the hassle. One thing to note is that your passport needs to have at least 13 months though. Yes 3 years old will still need as your child should have his own passport already. The MACS sticker is pasted on your VISA pages in the passport.

There are those spreading rumours around that you will still need stamp/chop on your passport even with MACS. This is rubbish. Please note that there may be rare occasions when the officers cannot find your record and asks you when you enter, just state the date and informed them that the system was down at night when you entered Malaysia. The most they will do is to check abit and then quickly let you pass. No nude squats. :wink:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have the same view as both of you. Since last year, I also believe that Legoland is one of the Key catalists for Nusajaya. I mentioned it in page 108 :smile: Seems like things are progressing really smoothly.

Yes you did indeed. :smile:
Great foresight!

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Cash Gift??? No need.. RM 30 is the appn fee per year. Your 3 year old son also need the MACs. Try applying for it. Its so much convenient. Apply at Tuas better.

Just 30 RM is fine. As HH pointed out, no cash gift required. Its now very fast and convenient to apply.Very surprised to hear that they are extending, asked one and they told me due to many requests received as they are going to bring aged parents etc to do. Because of MACS, many of my friends and relatives now find it very convenient as it cuts down on all the waiting time, etc.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

Glad to share the same view bro.

For Bros who have no inkling of whats to come,... can check out California's Legoland -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlZ1ANTZXQw

it would be something similar. more for smaller kids below 12..to me these are the prince and princess with the REAL purchasing powers at home...if you know what i mean. haha.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick and nationality to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 (Singaporean) - The Gateway, The Golf, Nusa Duta -
Wuqi256 sisters (Singaporean), sister bf (SPR, East Malaysian [Kuching, Sarawak]). Wuqi256's relatives(Singaporean), friends (Singaporean, Malaysian (Malacca, KL, Kedah, Pahang, Kelantan [Tenant]), German, Australian, Korean)and colleagues (Singaporean, Malaysians, soon to be Italian and UK)
-Total 29 (updated) bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor (Singaporean) - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile (Singaporean) - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis & Bro in law (Singaporean) - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal (British, North London, home of the gunner) - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow (Malaysian, JB Skudai) - Bestari Heights - Astoria
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family (Singaporean) - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg (Singaporean) - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks (Indian, Sg PR) - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo (Singaporean) - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour (Singaporean) - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. darrkie.y - taman molek
45. Leisure - KIV leisure farm pinggiran bayou, east ledang or 1 medini
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked (Singaporean) - East Ledang
48. investjb (Malaysian, Sarawak) - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence
49. limmcd (Malaysian, Johor, Sg PR) - HH, BI, Ujana, Fortune Point, Nusa villa, Horizon Residence
50. spidey (Malaysian, KL, Sg PR) - Bandar Dato Onn
51. Icyraine (Malaysia, Born in Penang, Grow up in KL, Work in JB) - HH (going to seal the deal on coming monday!), Sri Samudera, Golden Sands
52. Blue_S (Malaysian, Sarawak, SPR) - Ujana, Horizon Residence

Wuqi256, Updated

Last edited:

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tyvm Crystal and HH for your help,

I will get it done on Sunday, or even better tomorrow if I can get any viewings arranged.

Welcome back Teck21. Yeah, u can do it at the Jusco Bukit Indah, they will be there till 15 Dec, as mentioned by Crystal. I brought some friends there last Sunday to do it. Just give them ur passports, write ur name and address on a general form, pay Rm30 per person, and thats it! - no messy form filling, photos or sum pah (declaration) to make.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thinking of sending my father in law a present as well as gifts for the good guidance received from friends. Really grateful for them starting me on my path, forever indebted and grateful.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
r u using unifi now? I havent heard of any "fast" internet connection in HH.. mostly complaints.. Will unifi be fast?

I use Streamyx, Celcom and Unifi broadband in HH. What are you using in EL? Unifi? Unifi is good.

So far so good for me. Had a power outage when i was bathing one afternoon, towelled dry and went to my desk and continued working. Only when i tried to switch on the television then i realised there was an outage as my internet connection, desk fan and pc/laptop continued to work (i turned(cut) off my UPS beeping sound)

Another time, one of the Routers got hit by lightning, luckily i had a spare. Only discovered the day after as the Router with Unifi broadband still supported my usage.

Unifi is fast especially the non broadband one. Unifi is also by TM though. Streamyx is fine but sometimes it becomes slow especially around 9-12pm when a lot of users get online. I then switch to Unifi at night or Celcom to surf.

Worse come to worse, i have my M1 broadband modem ready.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please note that there may be rare occasions when the officers cannot find your record and asks you when you enter, just state the date and informed them that the system was down at night when you entered Malaysia. The most they will do is to check abit and then quickly let you pass. No nude squats. :wink:

Haha Wuqi, very useful tip. Thanks

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear Agents,

I know there are some here, i understand when you need to make deals and PM others for offers etc.

As much as i would like to help, i cannot be arbitrator for agents commissions simply because i am not
involved at all and thus not qualified with the process and manner by which the agreement was reached.

Who the buyer/seller gives is entirely up to their own will.

For those advertising the property and services, i meant no offence but really appreciate if please don't do direct advertisement here as much as possible.

Referrals are welcomed based on your own experiences.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
One thing to note is that:

Banks ATM/CAM machines (Cash Accepting Machine/Deposit Machine) do tend to close or undergo maintenance from 11pm-2am in the morning.

Most banks are closed on Saturdays/Sundays and PH.

Most banks would not require any guarantor if you are buying a house/car.
You can get a bank loan for housing up to 90% for 30 years (90% getting a bit rare now, mainly 85%) and up to 70% for a car (7 or 9 year tenure at the longest)

The quickest way to get a Current account is still at Hong Leong Bank (formerly Eon Bank)
Now, the Allianz bank folks have repented and you can now open a Current account there as well. (At least at the branch around Bukit Indah, near Ali cafe)

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Agents,

I know there are some here, i understand when you need to make deals and PM others for offers etc.

As much as i would like to help, i cannot be arbitrator for agents commissions simply because i am not
involved at all and thus not qualified with the process and manner by which the agreement was reached.

Who the buyer/seller gives is entirely up to their own will.

For those advertising the property and services, i meant no offence but really appreciate if please don't do direct advertisement here as much as possible.

Referrals are welcomed based on your own experiences.

I bought my house from subsale. There were many agents whom I wrote in to, to enquire about the property they had for sale. Out of the 8, or so agents I wrote and even sms'ed to, only 2 took the trouble to reply............ Maybe I should list down those 6 agents who didnt even bothered to respond (thinking aloud) haha.

Last edited:

linked

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi linked, I am interested in the antenna, can you advise me where can I purchase that?

My sil and mil bought 'em at kulai shop houses the antenna box stated RM69 I guess its a standard price everywhere, it comes with dc power adaptor booster n remote attach to the adaptor to turn the antenna. Lemme take a snap at my sil antenna and Ill post 'em here if you want. Btw heres the gps location 1°39'23.94"N 103°37'47.23"E http://maps.google.com.sg/maps?hl=en&q=1%C2%B039'23.94%22N+103%C2%B037'47.23%22E&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=20562l164787l1l166199l6l6l0l0l0l0l146l553l2.4l6l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=633&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl The shop owner can demo the reception for you, nice chap.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you! A picture will be nice when you have the time to do it..

My sil and mil bought 'em at kulai shop houses the antenna box stated RM69 I guess its a standard price everywhere, it comes with dc power adaptor booster n remote attach to the adaptor to turn the antenna. Lemme take a snap at my sil antenna and Ill post 'em here if you want. Btw heres the gps location 1°39'23.94"N 103°37'47.23"E http://maps.google.com.sg/maps?hl=en&q=1%C2%B039'23.94%22N+103%C2%B037'47.23%22E&gs_sm=s&gs_upl=20562l164787l1l166199l6l6l0l0l0l0l146l553l2.4l6l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=633&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl The shop owner can demo the reception for you, nice chap.

fairies

Alfrescian
Loyal
List of forummers who have purchased or intend to purchase property in Johor. Hope those guests who are following this thread actively will also create their own account and join 'The List'. (Copy the whole list including this heading. Click 'Reply to Thread'. Paste it in your reply and add your nick and nationality to the list.)
# IMPORTANT - For new members, please try to make your first 10 post anywhere else before adding your nick to this list.

1. Wuqi256 (Singaporean) - The Gateway, The Golf, Nusa Duta -
Wuqi256 sisters (Singaporean), sister bf (SPR, East Malaysian [Kuching, Sarawak]). Wuqi256's relatives(Singaporean), friends (Singaporean, Malaysian (Malacca, KL, Kedah, Pahang, Kelantan [Tenant]), German, Australian, Korean)and colleagues (Singaporean, Malaysians, soon to be Italian and UK)
-Total 29 (updated) bought so far in Nusajaya
2. Investor (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
3. Analytical Professor (Singaporean) - Kempas
4. Sanur - Leisure farm/polo view
5. Sanur's mum - Leisure Farm/bayou water village
6. Sanur's SIL - Leisure Farm/polo view
7. Jasonjst - Sutera Utama
8. Tansi - Leisure Farm
9. relaxmannn (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
10. nusajayaphile (Singaporean) - The Hills Precinct, Horizon Hills
11. Mahesh - Leisure Farm/pinggiran bayou
12. East539 (Singaporean) - Nusajaya
13. East539's Sis & Bro in law (Singaporean) - EL/LF
14. JazJoz - Horizon Hills
15. Lynn - east Ledang
16. TheGolf - HH
17. Grago. - Horizon Hills
18. Arsenal (British, North London, home of the gunner) - Horizon Hills
19. Vincentck & Wife - NI
20. mathstub- Horizon Hills
21. ShawnLow (Malaysian, JB Skudai) - Bestari Heights - Astoria
22. Skippy - Horizon Hill The Golf
23. LastResort Family (Singaporean) - Horizon Hills, The Gateway, The Hills & Fairway Suites
24. Kaeel - Nusa Idaman , Hill side Semi D
25. Lord Aragorn - The Straits View Residences, Permas Jaya
26. cathylmg (Singaporean) - Kempas
27. captw - Bukit Indah, Amelia 1
28. mallow - Nusajaya
29. IskandarRocks (Indian, Sg PR) - East Ledang, Imperia@Puteri Harbour
30. euphony - LF & mt. austin
31. narmi - NI
32. maxpark - Fairway Suites, Indahwalk3
33. Avalon74- Setia Eco Garden
34. Yonglip - Bestari Heights
35. AbuGumGum - Sungai Chat, Johor Bahru
36. 2bFree - HH
37. Aisanbo (Singaporean) - Sky Gardens Residences @ Setia Tropika
38. 29ers - LF
39. Weetabix - HH
40. SeriAustinian - Seri Austin, HH South Golf
41. iamapseudoneem - Nusa Idaman
42. Puteri Harbour (Singaporean) - Imperia@Puteri Harbour
43. Odyssey - HH-Golf
44. darrkie.y - taman molek
45. Leisure - KIV leisure farm pinggiran bayou, east ledang or 1 medini
46. avelc - Nusajaya
47. linked (Singaporean) - East Ledang
48. investjb (Malaysian, Sarawak) - Impiana, Ujana, Casa Almyra, Golden sands, horizon residence
49. limmcd (Malaysian, Johor, Sg PR) - HH, BI, Ujana, Fortune Point, Nusa villa, Horizon Residence
50. spidey (Malaysian, KL, Sg PR) - Bandar Dato Onn
51. Icyraine (Malaysia, Born in Penang, Grow up in KL, Work in JB) - HH (going to seal the deal on coming monday!), Sri Samudera, Golden Sands
52. Blue_S (Malaysian, Sarawak, SPR) - Ujana, Horizon Residence
53. fairies (Singaporean) - Ledang Heights

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
My sil and mil bought 'em at kulai shop houses the antenna box stated RM69 I guess its a standard price everywhere, it comes with dc power adaptor booster n remote attach to the adaptor to turn the antenna. Lemme take a snap at my sil antenna and Ill post 'em here if you want. Btw heres the gps location 1°39'23.94"N 103°37'47.23"E http://maps.google.com.sg/maps?hl=e...sb&biw=1280&bih=633&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl The shop owner can demo the reception for you, nice chap.
Nice one with the GPS coords.

Status
Not open for further replies.