• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys,
Check out this designer bungalow in Ledang Heights, very nice! Click on 'Completed Project' and choose 'D' Banyan'. Here's the link http://ledangheight.com/ I just found this website. Seems like this company had bought quite a number of plots in Ledang Heights to build designer bungalows for sale.

By the way - all sold out. Thus, to those smart Alec, don't need to suspect that I'm trying to advertise something :biggrin: I'm just sharing nice things.
Hokkien says - Kiang Tio Ho, Mai Kay Kiang :biggrin:

Yeah, I actually attended the launch of their showhouse back in 2008 , organized with a ppty agent in SG. Was impressive and make you want to buy. They even organized a tour of Puteri harbour and I was asking myself who on earth would want to travel that distant inward to the harbour to invest but in just 3 years many things have change and I am glad they are doing alright so far for Nusajaya. Back to developer, his smallest plot was like 9000 sqft and the largest is somewhere around 36,000 sqft but at that time my understanding was that you have to build within two years....kind of turn you off but I guess they don't , the place will soon be like LF in the past . Everyone bought the land but wait for neighbour to build first, in the end nobody build and remain vacant for a long long time. I am surprised if they managed to sell off all plots, my guess is not everyone build within two years , otherwise there should be many nice bungalows there now but I also heard to get around the two years must start building condition; you simply build a fence or wall around your land, they tell you must start but never tell you must completed by when ...Anyone here from Ledang Height ?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you don't mind the malaysian chinese schools, there's always the Foon Yew group of primary schools (when your kid reaches primary school going age). Their syllabus is fairly rigorous and I had so many friends who came from there. Though I don't know how is the registration/criteria/fees like for foreigner children.
Like in Singapore, citizens first, however if you or family member is an Alumni it's stands in your favor when trying to ge a place.... OR a very, very large contribution and connection..... sound familiar.......!!

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey guys,Check out this designer bungalow in Ledang Heights, very nice! Click on 'Completed Project' and choose 'D' Banyan'. Here's the link http://ledangheight.com/ I just found this website. Seems like this company had bought quite a number of plots in Ledang Heights to build designer bungalows for sale. By the way - all sold out. Thus, to those smart Alec, don't need to suspect that I'm trying to advertise something :biggrin: I'm just sharing nice things.Hokkien says - Kiang Tio Ho, Mai Kay Kiang :biggrin:
Very nice clean lines and design. Thank you for sharing.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
I certainly don't find anything wrong whether you are agent or working for property company , just be honest upfront
where you are coming from.<O:p</O:p
Of course they must also follow some rules esp those that turn people off such as :-<O:p</O:p
Bad mouthed the competitor's project <O:p</O:p
Flood the threads with his contact about "For Sales/Rent advertisements"<O:p</O:p
I am sure from the tone of their speech , we could more or less figure out whether
the person is an agent or not.<O:p</O:p

I totally agree with u, no bad mouth no advertisement!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree though imho not so much for the quality education which I guess is pretty assured but for the network as well.

Yes I've heard about that rep...... there will always be 'wannabe's'. As to the the "Royal" connection....... that has been played up by the press. If you manage to go for a presentation that is not mentioned BUT the Ethos of the Institution is emphasised and the quality of education, (the old adage ' You pay for what you get') ..... Something that is sadly remissed in the what is taught here. More like 'achieve' at all cost and if you don't, 'you' are a failure. The fess are comparable to what is paid at the various Internationl Schools here minus the 'citizens' discount..... I do believe they do take entrants as young as 3 years. It 's stated at the end of the Fees page. I believe you have missed the recent last Open day reception at Ledang Retreat 12 November. You might want to get in touch with the Admssions tutor Dr. Alison Sharp - [email protected] for more Don't misunderstand me, I am NOT touting business for Marlborough College, but I strongly believe in giving the Child the beST possible education one can get, so that they have a 'stepping stone' in an already Challenging Life.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like in Singapore, citizens first, however if you or family member is an Alumni it's stands in your favor when trying to ge a place.... OR a very, very large contribution and connection..... sound familiar.......!!

ah very ACS/MGS fraternity :p

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand and totally agreed. Paisei, maybe i did not make it clearer. My reserves is for in case no tenants or low rental and no jobs. I just want to make sure all grounds are covered. Some of the uncles that I met went bottom up due to cashflow problem despite having mortgage insurance. I am sure you can see my point. That why I say one can be ambitious and yet down to earth...
Good points for all anyway....
Cheers,
PH
Hi PH, often people will consider a house to be an asset because it appreciates and it's a tangible item. However, fom the way I look at it, as long as I need to pay the monthly installments, it is still a liability for me because I need to support the house. For properties with positive rental income, I consider it an asset because it makes money for me. After deducting all expenses including the installment, the positive cash flow puts money into my pocket. So, I'm not looking at things from a conceptual viewpoint, I'm looking at it from a Income/Expense POV.

As to keeping reserves of 8 years, I buy insurances to ensure the properties are covered in the event somethings happens to me. MRTA only covers death or TPD, but does not pay-up when the policyholder suffers from CI. But my insurances are not enough to fully settle all the loans, because some of my properties are rented out affordably and I foresee the rental to continue even in the event of a recession. It doesn't cover all my bases, but it's enough to allow me some breathing space.

Quite a number of Catholics here, from the sound of it. I'm also a Catholic, but I've not attended mass for the past 2 years due to a lapse of faith; may need to revisit that path soon.

Hi Sanur, thanks for the tip; will keep that in mind. Mind to share how much was it to do a room extension? I plan to do a double-storey room extension out the side of my future house into the garden, maybe a 15x20ft room. How big is/was your room extension.

Hi Teck21, just to add on to what other bros/sis has shared, if you are coming from 2nd link and exit the highway at Exit 307C, Nusa Idaman is the exit you will see next to Columbia Asia Hospital. The sales office is a few minutes drive after you turn off the highway. At the moment, the uncompleted precincts are Precinct 8A, 8B and 7. Since you plan to get sub-sale, you may want to check out Precinct 5 & 6, which is relatively new and partially occupied. NI is cheaper than HH and not as far in as BH or ND, but from what I've read, security is not as strong as HH or EL, which are considered premium developments.

This deodorized insecticide sounds interesting. Definitely an item to get if there's grass and garden in the house. So different for Singapore where's its hard to find mosquitoes.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
If last year, then the head guard must have been Lalut( dont know spelling) he has gone back to nepal as his contract could not be renewed due to malaysian law. there is a new chubby guy whom is local, wonder how his performance. so far he has gotten off in a bad start with some residence, thinking that he is high and mighty,

Hi

Can share wat happen to the chubby guard that runs into bad Start with the residents??

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand and totally agreed. Paisei, maybe i did not make it clearer. My reserves is for in case no tenants or low rental and no jobs. I just want to make sure all grounds are covered. Some of the uncles that I met went bottom up due to cashflow problem despite having mortgage insurance.
My personal views.....8 yrs reserve seems too excessive. Defeats the purpose of the leverage advantage in property investment. Rental income supposed to cover some of the costs so probably do not need the full 8 yrs as reserves.
Even if really cater the full 8 yrs reserve, can slowly take away portion of the reserve for other investment as time passes. I rather use the reserve to get another property if still can get loan within means. No right or wrong, just another view.

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Many use the reserve to construct houses instead of taking construction loan and revalue their new property after construction and take up more loan. Some use to buy distress property or assets. but need to replenish once used. I usually project 12mths personal income, rental income as replenishments.

Cheers,
PH

My personal views.....8 yrs reserve seems too excessive. Defeats the purpose of the leverage advantage in property investment. Rental income supposed to cover some of the costs so probably do not need the full 8 yrs as reserves.
Even if really cater the full 8 yrs reserve, can slowly take away portion of the reserve for other investment as time passes. I rather use the reserve to get another property if still can get loan within means. No right or wrong, just another view.

Status
Not open for further replies.