• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Batu pahat, went there on monday, took one n half hours (about) eat at seaview restaurant, very good food but price came out to b 1300 plus rm for 10 adults n 4 kids. The shopping at pacific was very big n very crowded too. Very bad jam back, lots of tour buses, bumper to bumper, left at 6 but reach LF at 9 plus. I was so so tired

So no peace in Batu Pahat too :(

Peace comes from within , I think....inner peace :rolleyes: (reminds me of Kungfu Panda 2)

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want my kid to have a place where he can play hide and seek, police and thief, running around, catch spiders, logang fish, marbles and staying away from computer.. but kid find that boring.. ha ha.... maybe I want to do that myself...

So no peace in Batu Pahat too :(

Peace comes from within , I think....inner peace :rolleyes: (reminds me of Kungfu Panda 2)

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
For 11) Is it the one opposite RHB? Have been wanting to try but not confident of the quality.

Thanks for the recommendations... :smile:

Right , only one there . If you dont know how to order , just order the set and one or two side dishes is enough
They can show you how to eat , ( and eat for you too ! ) haha

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my memory, I can have lobsters, crabs, fishes etc at OrangAsli Seafood in Perling at $200rm for 8 adults? 1300rm must be some budda jump over walls, shark fins etc?

Batu pahat, went there on monday, took one n half hours (about) eat at seaview restaurant, very good food but price came out to b 1300 plus rm for 10 adults n 4 kids. The shopping at pacific was very big n very crowded too. Very bad jam back, lots of tour buses, bumper to bumper, left at 6 but reach LF at 9 plus. I was so so tired

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
I want my kid to have a place where he can play hide and seek, police and thief, running around, catch spiders, logang fish, marbles and staying away from computer.. but kid find that boring.. ha ha.... maybe I want to do that myself...

the only thing they like in jb is able to surf for free in almost every restaurant ... and to drink cheap (but a little too sweet and somewhat fake) smoothies during meals :smile:

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, weekdays are very peaceful at the malls, restaurants, most places.

Weekends, Holidays will welcome the tourists and people returning for the weekend, so it becomes crowded.

Try weekday shopping, it is much quieter.
Sometime, I take leave to go across , eat tim sum for breakfast , jalan a bit , have 2 hrs massage , jalan again and eat again before heading back , all these just to get away from the bad crowd in sg. I am sure the crowd will build up over time as we can see the participation on this forum . Now it is whether the momentum of buying hse there will continue or are we going to hit some bump along the way due to Euro crisis. When Nusajaya becomes too crowd which is unlikely to be that soon due to its plentiful of land,I am sure new opportunity will appear perhaps moving east to Desaru or west to Kukup or upwar north towards Batu Pahat.
Kind of wonder , what's there at Batu Pahat ? Isn't that the old hideout for theives in early days ?

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the list. There are quite a few I have not tried.

Niniq Bakery & Bistro http://www.niniq.com/
Try the food and cakes.
They have just moved to a new unit at Pelangi. There isa nother branch at Setia Tropika.

1) Simple food : can try craypot rice at Old Place , behind Habbis Roti Prata ( Habbis Roti itself is nice too -24hrs )
2) Tang Shi Fu - Masters in herbal soup , stew pork ... at Sutera Mall
3) Tim Sum at Chow Yuen , along Bestari just opposite Best Mart
4) Seafood at Orang Asli village , after languna golf course.
0r seafoods behind the Station 1 if you dont wish to drive so far.
5) Sutera Mall got quite a number of shophouse you should try one by one , starting with the Japanese , Korea , Taiwanese , Malacca chicken rice ( no need to go malacca liao )
6) Tun Aminah Area - got one very nice Bak Kuk Teh / Fish Head Curry
same row got one XO roast meat / duck - will update address here cant remember address even though I go so often.
7) Once a while you can try those so so food at Old Town / Ah Koon along bestari
8) Oh yes , even Subway sandwhich is now available at Sutera Mall .
9) You can also try Taste Buds , operate by real Ang Moh boss , quite high std . price was real cheap last time , but not anymore , sad.
10) You should also try Five Star chicken rice along bestari , probably the cheapest kampong chicken rice in JB ! But quality is very good.
11) Korea food : Bestari along RHB bank , this one is good if you love Korea food , operate by the real Korean family .
12) More to come ... haha ... you wont run out of idea eating in JB lah!

Oh yes , good and cheap breakfast is harder to find lah , those ppls open very late.
But if you try Sutera Mall , quite a number of shop now open as early at 8am. Can have breakfast set with toast , eggs , coffee .@Ah Hong, very std one. Something more heavy can go for Pontian Wanton Noodles , Nasi lemak . Take your time finish your b/f and zoom down to 2nd link , reach office around 10.30 am ,tell boss you meet a client at JB for b/f, but dont do it everyday , otherwise y get fired, haha .

On the side note : Got a shophouse at Bestari Height , same row as the RHB bank , need to go for rental at 2.8K ground flr and 1.2K 1st flr , please help to hunt for tentants if you got friend wanting to start a biz . Many thanks .
Good idea if you can use 1st flr as a SOHO , save you rental to stay in a apartment.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Right , only one there . If you dont know how to order , just order the set and one or two side dishes is enough
They can show you how to eat , ( and eat for you too ! ) haha

Eat for me??
A little wary of certain restaurants and their food quality. Tried the shabu-shabu at one of the japanese restaurants near sutera mall - it was terrible ! So now quite wary of japanese restaurant and korean restaurant.

For japanese food... the safest bet is Kinashi - found in most shopping malls - quite value for money for their sets and lots of promotions for members . Fresh sashimis is still found at home in sg :smile:

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the list. There are quite a few I have not tried.

Niniq Bakery & Bistro http://www.niniq.com/
Try the food and cakes.
They have just moved to a new unit at Pelangi. There isa nother branch at Setia Tropika.

Oh yes....tried the food there at Setia Tropika branch ...on the whole it was a pleasant dining experience ...food not bad . We wanted to try a second time but found that it was closed on a Sunday...Strange ?:confused:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eat for me??
A little wary of certain restaurants and their food quality. Tried the shabu-shabu at one of the japanese restaurants near sutera mall - it was terrible ! So now quite wary of japanese restaurant and korean restaurant.

For japanese food... the safest bet is Kinashi - found in most shopping malls - quite value for money for their sets and lots of promotions for members . Fresh sashimis is still found at home in sg :smile:

Joking lah ... eat for you , then they will pay for you lor .
True , all the raw salmon , beef cant match the SG std . Maybe they cut cost to buy the lower grade lar . All the high grade one ship to SG liao , just like fresh seafood / durians .:smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
U can look for me=)

Jason actually did mention quite aloy already. I can add on some later i reach office~i will meet yonglip bro for walk around n eat n coffee time,perhaps u can come too ^^

Thanks for your offer Shawn. You mean you guys are meeting up today at Bukit Indah? I'm not staying in Johor, will be going there this Sunday with whole family :smile: Look see look see and check out our the construction progress of my units.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
For cakes and bread, try

* Lavender - cakes and bread are great though not cheap, their kueh lapis is popular

* Seasons - like their pineapple tarts, scones , their ang ku kueh sold out fast

* Bread Talk - slightly cheaper than singapore - nice bread

* Secret Recipes - lovely cheese cakes

Also try Tuti fruiti
- yummy yoghurt which is cheaper than Sogurt in singapore

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried it out last week. I found the quality and taste good and price reasonable especially the set meals but difficult to order if you are only 1 Pax :smile:

For 11) Is it the one opposite RHB? Have been wanting to try but not confident of the quality.

Thanks for the recommendations... :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1) Simple food : can try craypot rice at Old Place , behind Habbis Roti Prata ( Habbis Roti itself is nice too -24hrs )
2) Tang Shi Fu - Masters in herbal soup , stew pork ... at Sutera Mall
3) Tim Sum at Chow Yuen , along Bestari just opposite Best Mart
4) Seafood at Orang Asli village , after languna golf course.
0r seafoods behind the Station 1 if you dont wish to drive so far.
5) Sutera Mall got quite a number of shophouse you should try one by one , starting with the Japanese , Korea , Taiwanese , Malacca chicken rice ( no need to go malacca liao )
6) Tun Aminah Area - got one very nice Bak Kuk Teh / Fish Head Curry
same row got one XO roast meat / duck - will update address here cant remember address even though I go so often.
7) Once a while you can try those so so food at Old Town / Ah Koon along bestari
8) Oh yes , even Subway sandwhich is now available at Sutera Mall .
9) You can also try Taste Buds , operate by real Ang Moh boss , quite high std . price was real cheap last time , but not anymore , sad.
10) You should also try Five Star chicken rice along bestari , probably the cheapest kampong chicken rice in JB ! But quality is very good.
11) Korea food : Bestari along RHB bank , this one is good if you love Korea food , operate by the real Korean family .
12) More to come ... haha ... you wont run out of idea eating in JB lah!
Hi Jason,
Taste Buds is also in Sutera Mall? Actually I don't know where is Sutera Mall, will google for it later.

ShawnLow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Investor said:
Thanks for your offer Shawn. You mean you guys are meeting up today at Bukit Indah? I'm not staying in Johor, will be going there this Sunday with whole family :smile: Look see look see and check out our the construction progress of my units.

Ofcoz nt today~maybe some other weekend as every1 busy in ther work =)

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jason,
Taste Buds is also in Sutera Mall? Actually I don't know where is Sutera Mall, will google for it later.

lol...no wonder you have been eating at the clubhouse of HH and EL...

when you find your way there... you'll be spoilt for choice for good food ...and i don't think u want to step into the clubhouse again :biggrin:

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jason,

Hear from my wife that Subway will be opening soon at Sutera Mall. My kids are looking forward to eating meatball subs there. :smile:
Anyboby can confirm?

Last edited:

Puteri harbour

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same here for me.... What about zero point together with the girls.... Ha ha...

Status
Not open for further replies.