• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Iskandar Malaysia property market set to grow
http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2011/11/1/southneast/9802768&sec=southneast

JOHOR BARU: The property sector in Iskandar Malaysia will benefit immensely with the improvement in connectivity and accessibility within the economic growth corridor.

Iskandar Regional Development Authority (Irda) chief executive officer Ismail Ibrahim said this could be seen from many new property projects being built in recent years.

“Better accessibility and connectivity will help push up demand as well as prices for properties within Iskandar Malaysia,” he said at an event to mark the completion of three new traffic interchanges.

These are the Bukit Indah-Taman Tema 1 and Taman Tema 2 interchanges costing RM135mil, Jalan Abu Bakar-Jalan Lingkaran Dalam interchange (RM17mil) and Indahpura elevated interchange (RM36.2mil).

Ismail said the interchanges are expected to be open to motorists between now and the first quarter of 2012, pending approval from the Malaysian Highway Authority.

He added that the new interchanges would help to reduce traffic congestion between 20% and 30% along existing roads and shorten travelling times between 15mins and 20mins.

“Apart from upgrading the road network, we will also focus on improving the public transportation system in Iskandar Malaysia,” he said.

Ismail said relevant parties in Malaysia and Singapore were already discussing the improvement of people’s movement between Iskandar Malaysia and Singapore via a Light Railway Transit system by 2018 or 2020.

He said, to date, Irda had spent RM4bil from a RM6.38bil allocation to undertake infrastructure works such as road improvement, flood mitigation, river cleaning and public housing.

The country’s first economic growth corridor Iskandar Malaysia, was launched on Nov 4, 2006, it covers 2,217 sq km located in the southernmost part of Johor.

From 2006 up to the third quarter of this year, it has attracted RM77.82bil in committed investments, of which 60% is from domestic investors and 40% from foreigners.

CUBIC

Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Hi Bro Lastresort,
U mean the dinner at Marina Bay Link Mall? Jus a coincidence I joined a group of like-minded frens n met another bro (n sis-in-law) from this forum as well as Mr J Tay too!

Hi Puteri harbour,
Popped by UM Land booth n they were creating awareness about their upcoming low-rise condo fronting the marina with unblocked view. It was marketed by a SG real estate agency whose staff was not too well-informed about the project (few of them haven even been to Puteri Harbour as well as the location / direction there). A young lady informed me it was about RM1.0M and the smallest unit starts from abt 1000sqft. That equates to RM1000psf!!! If it is true, UM Land must either be very optimistic about the global financial situation or they are very very greedy to even surpass the selling price of Imperia by such a margin (in terms of psf)...

Hi SriAustinian,

Been to the EXPO and noticed the same development also. The service apartment is
ucalled Somerset. Understand from a lady this project haven't officially launch yet. Floor plan not finalize and off the record price indicative around $700 to $1100. This apartment will be managed by Ascott. Shops below are not for sale but only rent out by the developer.

By the way, I have been following this forum since it is still under 50 pages. A big thanks to Wuqi and other forumers for keeping this forum hot and rolling.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

26x80 refers to teh standard lot size in the estate/house model/type. So instead of having differing sizes within the same estate/taman which might be confusing, all houses similar to yours will be reflected /presented as 26x80 (by looking at this size we know it is a superlink)....of course with the exception of corners & end lots.

So its pretty simple, 26x80=2080 sqf (the plost size your house is sitting on)
Land 3700-2080=1620 sqf (your corner garden size)
Your garden dimension therefore : 1620/80= 20 ft (20x80)

So u have a superlink 26x80 house, and its a corner unit with 20ft extra land.

Total dimension: 46x80

Of course in Singapore landed properties are not the norm, majority live in aprtments (hdb & condo), so we're not that accustomed with it, this is smthing commonly known for malaysians
Hi Bro GP... thanks for your explanation. Really explains it logically... now must go and ask the sales exec what's the land size for my corner units so that I know roughly how much extra land I have.

Hi all

The Home Defect Rectification Checklist in the link below might be helpful. :smile:

http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/385900
Thansk bro checkers... i saved another website that has someting similar for high-rise, but that website is no longer accesible; always good to have a reminder even though I've done defect-checking before for my first property many years ago.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those Bros and Sis with corner unit, do you get 20 ft extra land on the side or 30 ft? Do you get the corner unit very early (even on the first day) at the beginning of the sales launch?
It depends on the project; the first one we purchased in NI came with extra 20ft land according to the Sales Exec while the 2nd one in NI supposedly comes with 40ft extra land (yet to verify). For the 1st corner unit, we managed to buy it because the loan was rejected for the earlier buyer. We just happened to ask the sales exec and he mentioned a corner unit just became available and we decided in 20mins after viewing and paid the booking fee; a matter of being there at the right time. For the 2nd corner unit, we went to the 1st day of sales launch in the afternoon and placed the booking fee for the last corner unit too. There were other end lots, but we prefered corner unit. For this one, the price was high and I believe it turned other buyers away.

Bros and Sis here, when do you start doing the renovation after collecting the key?
I will spend a week to check for defects; then give them a month to finish rectifying it for my highrise properties. But some ppl are in a rush to move in so that they don't have to pay rental anymore; so they will ask their contractor to help rectify the visible defects. Some contractors are fine with it as long as it's surface defects. It depends on the individual on when you wanna start renovation.

I hope next time I can rent out the whole house for , say RM2-2.5k, and then rent back one room from the tenant for RM200-400 for weekend stay. Possible ? That would be ideal.
Bro, I rent out my back room to you at HH, want? Hehehe...

Note that tax is not 26% of our rental revenue. We can deduct cost such as property tax, maintenance fee, lawyer fees, agents fee, repairs, and the mortgage interests (not the principal payment).
If i'm not mistaken, we can also deduct the assessment and quit rent from the rental income.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal

Information on lightning in SG: http://www.weather.gov.sg/wip/web/home/lightning

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/story.asp?sec=lifefocus&file=/2009/5/17/lifefocus/3895023

Arrest the surge
Lim notes that such power surges will usually affect corner terrace houses because that is where the electrical supply cables (for a row of terrace houses) are first connected to. So, in a way, the corner houses are “protecting” those in the middle.

“You are really paying the price for being a corner house,” Lim smiles. “The same argument applies to bungalows since they have their own power supply lines.”
Woah... that's scary but sounds plausible; must remember to ask my contractor for suggestions on how to reduce the lightning risk.

Horizon hills The gateway 2 storey super link.

Nice extended balcony
View attachment 2741

Come with Jacuzzi bathtub!!!
View attachment 2742
Wow... a jacuzzi is nice, but I wouldn't put it on the balcony to avoid future leakage problems. Have it in the garden and partitioned from viewing eyes so that we can really be naked in the tub... hahaa

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Malaysia custom gonna tax u like crazy if u bring in from sg... How do u plan to do it?

I really liked one of the sofa from ikea... But cheaper by 700sgd in KL... Thts y I was thinking if I can get more items, it's gonna be really worth it... But like u said, if there is transportion damages, it will be impossible to claim...
For furniture, usually the transporter will know how to make it look like used item by removing the original packaging and covering it with normal plastic or something. If I'm not wrong, new items will be taxed. Also, electrical appliances will be taxed regardless of new or old... bummer on that.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone bought his house from sub-sale, can share your experience? I found some units for sub-sale on iproperty.my which I liked. But, when I wrote in to enquire n try to get a viewing, the agents dun seem to reply. Why neh? Am I doing this right? Pse advise, thanks.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Odyssey, it's better to call them directly from the numbers on the website. I also contacted them in the begining by emailing them thru the website tools, but no one responded or called me back.

GorengPisang

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone bought his house from sub-sale, can share your experience? I found some units for sub-sale on iproperty.my which I liked. But, when I wrote in to enquire n try to get a viewing, the agents dun seem to reply. Why neh? Am I doing this right? Pse advise, thanks.

Might be easier & faster to just dial and call their hp no posted, agents move about all the time, but i've called quite a few agents, 50% dont even asnwer their call or return missed call....cmi.....however some of those who asnwered were quite prompt n good service level....good luck!

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone, I read this on a Facebook property page that I follow; just sharing on a case of a problematic tenant staying in a KL condo. The 1st paragraph was the status update by the TS and the comments below are from other people.

Facing problems with my condo tenant. Did not pay his rent for the past 5 months. Have to engage a lawyer to sue and evict him now. Agreed to move out this week but he did not keep his promise. Gave me two Account Closed cheques. Never pay his TNB bills for 5 months too. Regret listening to his sad stories. Now got con pulak. Should have been firm from the start. They can dine out daily lunch and dinner at the mall but they refuse to pay their rental. How could people behave like this? Even the management was shocked that they are still able to stay on despite having no electricity for the past one week. Tnb came to terminate the supply a week ago.

Also lodge a police report and if by end of eviction notice the tenant does not move out, secure the premises under lock & key. Auction off his belongings to recover arrears! Heh heh

Hi XXX, I thought only me who fell for sad story although I knew that we should not. Sometimes it is not easy because we feel bad and compassionate to those in needs. Always believe good deeds will be be reciprocated but in real world it is not the case. I lost 3 months rent & $500 TNB bill. I called TNB to cut the power supply, only then he moved out. We can teach others what and how to do in certain circumstances but wait until we face it ourself .. then we learn. it is a very expensive lesson but it will definitely stick in my boney head forever. I am running a biz and not charity. But it doesn't mean I will not donate to the needy. Just got to be careful no to fall to sad story again to those who speaks with "Lembut Gigi Dari Lidah" - Malay proverb

We all have a soft spot in us. This tenant really first class actor. He cried and beg us for three months every time I ask for payment. Then after another month gave us excuse that he was cheated by his brother. Later, told us he lost his job. The following month ask us to have mercy as his children is facing exams and promised to pay. Finally, on the 5th month gave us a 'account closed' cheque. Last month he told me to sue him instead. He has not pay me for six months and owe tnb 1000++. This month, he send me SMS to say he will commit suicide in the condo if I insist him to move out. My lawyer and the police are taking over the case now.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. I guess as landlords we are bound to face this kind of tenant at least once no matter how careful we are through background check etc. Though this has not happened to me before ("touch wood"), but some of my tenants are consistently late a two to three weeks always. But I tell myself if they are over a month late, I'd chase them out and pay them 1 month rental towards a deposit elsewhere ... i.e. pay them 1 month rental to evict them. Though it may sound silly but it may save some further hassles later.

Lodge a police report. Have your lawyer serve him eviction notice. One day when they are all out, lock & chain up your property. But notify police first before u do so. Good luck!

Nancy, this may sound stupid but I don't mind doing this as long as the bugger get the hell out of the condo. Offer him something you think they can't refuse. Someone did by offering to pay the cost of moving out eg cost to rent a lorry or something like that

Just cut the water supply will do,see how long they can sustain...no choice seem he is too far d.

Please make sure you get all your money's worth even-though you may not need it - give it to charity. Like I mentioned before , it is not the money but the trust that has been betrayed and the feeling of being cheated and making you slightly less trusting in future - you cannot put a price to that loss or possibility of being less trusting in future. Make the culprit pay for THIS loss where it hurts most - the wallet. Bill all the lawyer fee and whatever cost in evicting him. Let me tell you that a lawyer's letter does wonders if the lawyer knows what he/she is doing and says what he means and means what he says.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Odyssey, it's better to call them directly from the numbers on the website. I also contacted them in the begining by emailing them thru the website tools, but no one responded or called me back.

Thanks Vincent, so it normal after all. I am going into JB this wkend - Guess I will call them. Do you have any reliable agents to recommend or those I should avoid? Haha. You can PM me if you wish. : )

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Might be easier & faster to just dial and call their hp no posted, agents move about all the time, but i've called quite a few agents, 50% dont even asnwer their call or return missed call....cmi.....however some of those who asnwered were quite prompt n good service level....good luck!

Thanks GP. Hope to find my house soon.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
viola! same thing the mover told me.

For furniture, usually the transporter will know how to make it look like used item by removing the original packaging and covering it with normal plastic or something. If I'm not wrong, new items will be taxed. Also, electrical appliances will be taxed regardless of new or old... bummer on that.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe it will come to fruition by the time you collect keys, rectify defects and renovate :smile:
let's hope ikano is really serious about bring scandinavian chic into jb.

I know...but i heard there's still no progress....
i did see a squarish building in contruction there lately...donnoe if its IKea...

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for sharing, this is an eye opening read. i hope i won't get tenants like these in the future to come... >.<'

Hi everyone, I read this on a Facebook property page that I follow; just sharing on a case of a problematic tenant staying in a KL condo. The 1st paragraph was the status update by the TS and the comments below are from other people.

Facing problems with my condo tenant. Did not pay his rent for the past 5 months. Have to engage a lawyer to sue and evict him now. Agreed to move out this week but he did not keep his promise. Gave me two Account Closed cheques. Never pay his TNB bills for 5 months too. Regret listening to his sad stories. Now got con pulak. Should have been firm from the start. They can dine out daily lunch and dinner at the mall but they refuse to pay their rental. How could people behave like this? Even the management was shocked that they are still able to stay on despite having no electricity for the past one week. Tnb came to terminate the supply a week ago.

Also lodge a police report and if by end of eviction notice the tenant does not move out, secure the premises under lock & key. Auction off his belongings to recover arrears! Heh heh

Hi XXX, I thought only me who fell for sad story although I knew that we should not. Sometimes it is not easy because we feel bad and compassionate to those in needs. Always believe good deeds will be be reciprocated but in real world it is not the case. I lost 3 months rent & $500 TNB bill. I called TNB to cut the power supply, only then he moved out. We can teach others what and how to do in certain circumstances but wait until we face it ourself .. then we learn. it is a very expensive lesson but it will definitely stick in my boney head forever. I am running a biz and not charity. But it doesn't mean I will not donate to the needy. Just got to be careful no to fall to sad story again to those who speaks with "Lembut Gigi Dari Lidah" - Malay proverb

We all have a soft spot in us. This tenant really first class actor. He cried and beg us for three months every time I ask for payment. Then after another month gave us excuse that he was cheated by his brother. Later, told us he lost his job. The following month ask us to have mercy as his children is facing exams and promised to pay. Finally, on the 5th month gave us a 'account closed' cheque. Last month he told me to sue him instead. He has not pay me for six months and owe tnb 1000++. This month, he send me SMS to say he will commit suicide in the condo if I insist him to move out. My lawyer and the police are taking over the case now.

Sorry to hear this has happened to you. I guess as landlords we are bound to face this kind of tenant at least once no matter how careful we are through background check etc. Though this has not happened to me before ("touch wood"), but some of my tenants are consistently late a two to three weeks always. But I tell myself if they are over a month late, I'd chase them out and pay them 1 month rental towards a deposit elsewhere ... i.e. pay them 1 month rental to evict them. Though it may sound silly but it may save some further hassles later.

Lodge a police report. Have your lawyer serve him eviction notice. One day when they are all out, lock & chain up your property. But notify police first before u do so. Good luck!

Nancy, this may sound stupid but I don't mind doing this as long as the bugger get the hell out of the condo. Offer him something you think they can't refuse. Someone did by offering to pay the cost of moving out eg cost to rent a lorry or something like that

Just cut the water supply will do,see how long they can sustain...no choice seem he is too far d.

Please make sure you get all your money's worth even-though you may not need it - give it to charity. Like I mentioned before , it is not the money but the trust that has been betrayed and the feeling of being cheated and making you slightly less trusting in future - you cannot put a price to that loss or possibility of being less trusting in future. Make the culprit pay for THIS loss where it hurts most - the wallet. Bill all the lawyer fee and whatever cost in evicting him. Let me tell you that a lawyer's letter does wonders if the lawyer knows what he/she is doing and says what he means and means what he says.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for sharing, this is an eye opening read. i hope i won't get tenants like these in the future to come... >.<'
These cases also happened in SG, just got to know one recently . A chap from down-under owed 7 months always promise and always break promise until lawyer were engaged and almost auction his stuff then he paid up a couple of month and said money coming in later. Always delaying tactics and landlord too kind heart. The same story goes on until lease expired , had the cheek to ask for extension of lease by a month . Finally got ride of him but understand that he rent another unit elsewhere . The legal system does not protect the landlord well, rent with open eyes , check background / company , and make sure tenancy is well cover yourself.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Probably need to find some way to have easier access to postings here. Tebrau having Ikea was discussed like a couple of hundred pages back. I just went there recently, there is some progress but don't think it will be ready early next year.

Now with the new highways here and there, getting around is so much easier, even in Kulai. Had a couple of near misses as i skidded on a road, quickly changed all the tyres. Safety first. My neighbour wasn't so lucky as he skidded in heavy rain, luckily he wasn't hurt.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bad tenants are everywhere, in MY, SG, AU, basically everywhere. Folks who just jumped into this thread, post bad news and scoot off had no answer when someone posted same burning of the property in Singapore when the tenant is unable to pay.

You will get your fair share of bad eggs with the good one, just do your due dilligence and get all the paper work properly done.

Status
Not open for further replies.