• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros who are thinking of buying properties here mainly to rent out. Only some areas are good, most aren't so great, at least not yet.

A bro of mine has several and most of his are terraces. His are $2500-$2800. He shared with me only has one family (his tenants) that he likes a lot (i actually recommended them to him if i am not mistaken) so always kept low for them. My semi-d neighbours has no issues with renting out at 5000MYR or more. These are fully furnished units, just sharing some experience in The Gateway, your mileage may vary.

I was able to rent out some units and some references:

The Gateway:
1. Terrace - $2600 MYR
2. Terrace - $2800 MYR
3. Cluster - $3600 MYR

All fully furnished with aircon units, curtains, dining sets, wardrobe sets water heaters, sofa sets, queen/king sized beds, lighting/fans, kitchen stoves, etc. Only things required are some shelves/cupboards and personal clothing. Average of 1-3 months within taking of keys to rent out. Rented without the use of agents except for the Cluster one as i wanted a higher price.

Bro I have some qns.

1. There doesn't seem to be a very huge expat population in JB. So where could this rental potential be from?
2. How long is the tenancy agreement?
3. What is the rental price range for semi-d in HH assuming fully furnish unit?
4. Is it easier to rent out a smaller unit like terrace/cluster compare to semi D? If so, does it mean longer waiting time to rent out for semi d?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for sharing Goreng Pisang, i am sure that there are definitely agents here doing their job. I always like to believe that they mean no harm but as always, this is mainly about living in JB so its just to share findings. Maybe Spidey didn't really look at subsales? Its good that you shared this so people can see that there are still good gems around.

Speaking of agents. I myself was in the very beginning accused by people (not referring to you HorizonHills) to be an agent or having ulterior motives and even just recently, the lady friend of my Italian buddy even said loudly i must be getting commissions when i brought them to view houses.

Today, even though they were all here with new friends to look at houses, i didn't join them as i didn't want them to misunderstand but i did send SMS to offer my help where i can. I was busy with work today and just had a fall yesterday so wasn't too well anyway but mainly i just want to avoid having to explain myself.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for asking, my answers inline, some of your questions are familiar though, did you ask me on PM?

Bro I have some qns.

1. There doesn't seem to be a very huge expat population in JB. So where could this rental potential be from?

My own tenants plus my friends who have the following tenants make up the following:
a. Singaporeans who have houses here and waiting for completion
b. Singaporeans who are escaping the costs, pressure and stress of Singapore
c. Singaporeans who are giving this place a try before committing
d. KL or folks from other parts of Malaysia who work in Singapore or who are working on projects here
e. Expats as in Doctors and professionals in the country's endeavours for medical and teaching
f. Expats working in Singapore who are keen to be near enough to Singapore yet far enough.
g. Investors who have shops/factories starting up

2. How long is the tenancy agreement?
Normally 1+1, in my case i have 2 x 2 year tenancy agreement and 1 x 1 year which has just been renewed for another year

3. What is the rental price range for semi-d in HH assuming fully furnish unit?
About 5k MYR and higher, there is one unit that is about 7500 MYR rented out to a gent from KL, Jalan Ambang 1. Another that i know of has rented out for about 12k. These are for units facing the golf course and normally are 2.5 storeys

4. Is it easier to rent out a smaller unit like terrace/cluster compare to semi D? If so, does it mean longer waiting time to rent out for semi d?
Better to get smaller units if you want to rent out, easier and faster. Yes from my own limited experience. Your experience may be different although one of my neighbours did rent out his for 5.5k in the 3rd month that he started advertising

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Visited the LF show house at Bayou Creek today.. I am very impressed.. Fully furnished.. However I can only have max 1 house in JB.. unless someone is willing to take over my golf facing semi D in HH? PM offer only if serious.. This proposal will close within next 2 day..

Hi Arsenal, please PM me with price, should be Jalan Ambang 1?
I have friends who are interested but please no agents. I can pass
you the contacts so that they can arrange with your for viewing.

Please give them a good price and deal directly with them

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro wuqi for support here, and to clear the presumption on being an agent, sorry to disappoint you gorengpisang, I am not an agent...
And thanks for yr feedback too goringpisang on Nusa Idaman and sentral..I recall checking out Idaman and the prices was exactly as you stated, around 450k for intermediate ..and what I am looking for was a house with land, hence I presume for this it will be above 550k already...so didn't bother to hv a second look. I was not aware of the discount being offered here...will definitely checked it out this weekend..
Also, was thinking the close proximity of sentral n Idaman, the prices should be near if not the same, hence deduced that for a corner/with land unit it should be easily 550k and above for these 2 areas.

As for Setia tropika, I did not look at subsale units only the recent launches or what's left of them. And these were going for 500k for the intermediate units, hence deduced that for corner or units with land, would have cost at least 600k..

Yes, did checked out bukit indah subsale, but was put off by the units I saw ie without g&g and the condition of some of the houses, which are below 500k but as I mentioned, I dun see quality here...at least 50-70k of Reno work need to dump in to make it pleasant that too for the interior only.. And for the exterior, we dun hv a say!! And I didn't like what I saw of the surroundings ambience... Put it this way, it was probably 3% of HH..Probably I am taken in by HH and expect all other developments to hv the same ambience/surrounding as HH....

Anyway, will check Nusa out again this weekend and also Bandar Dato Onn,,,

I hv a question after looking at the prices of some of the newer developments vs older dev..how come the older houses are not moving in tandem with the new prices of the new launches in jb...
In kl, take for example Bandar Utama houses, new launches are selling at 1.2 mio for intermediate lot and subsale houses around that area are also price around that new price, though they were launched earlier and cheaper but in jb, I dun find it the case eg Setia indah surrounding houses are still way below new prices, why is that? They are in the same location!
Any comments guys??

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! 740k for semi d is way above my budget...will check the place out this weekend.
heard any other comments about the place? Developer should be ok rite? They hv delivered precinct 10...
Heard any negative/positive news from the community on about this development?

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, 500k house and rent out 2k a mth, I think that's asking too much in jb property market from what I hear!!!
Rental market in jb is really weak, my jb ferns telling me dun buy houses here, unless for own stay...
If die die rent also -dun expect a lot, hence if I buy, it's for my retirement but rent out now, and if rental can cover 50% of my instalment, I am happy Liao!

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rental market is a joke in JB lah !
You move around JB , how often you come across a FTs that earn 5 - 10K a month ?
I have yet to met one in my 3yrs stay in JB lor. But back in SG, everywhere I go , I sure to see one. KNN , Singapore is the only country in the world where FTs stay terrace houses and senior citizen wipe tables and clean toilet one.
So who you want to rent your house to in JB ?

Jason, what about this scenario - buy 500k - take loan 400k, assuming monthly instalment 2k.(I think is around this range, I hope)
Rent out 1.3-1.5k (hope can fetch) then 500 to 700 take out from own pocket - this translates to 200-400 Sgd a mth...not so taxingly!!

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, 500k house and rent out 2k a mth, I think that's asking too much in jb property market from what I hear!!!
Rental market in jb is really weak, my jb ferns telling me dun buy houses here, unless for own stay...
If die die rent also -dun expect a lot, hence if I buy, it's for my retirement but rent out now, and if rental can cover 50% of my instalment, I am happy Liao!
This is what I dun understand loh. Say the 501k cascadia terrace with built up 2100sf and 4+1 Rm.
Rm2k is only s$850. Also cannot fetch? Must lower to Rm1k ($630) ?
And somemore it's a G&G with clubhouse.
Like I mentioned, if I already retired now, i would rush to rent one while i rent out my HDB.
Greying population means there are more retirees coming up. Good for sg retirees as it's still quite near.
Retirees might as well buy rather than rent? Well not all retirees are cash rich as they cannot loan and need to keep hdb for rental income.
But there's just this nagging impression about high crime rate in JB, else the story very nice.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is what I dun understand loh. Say the 501k cascadia terrace with built up 2100sf and 4+1 Rm.
Like I mentioned, if I already retired now, i would rush to rent one while i rent out my HDB.
Greying population means there are more retirees coming up. Good for sg retirees as it's still quite near.
Retirees might as well buy rather than rent? Well not all retirees are cash rich as they cannot loan and need to keep hdb for rental income.
But there's just this nagging impression about high crime rate in JB, else the story very nice.

Unless one happens to be wuqi with his good network of well off friends, relatives and associates, it is best not to put so much hope in the rental aspect. The average household income of Johoreans is too low (3000 to 5000 rm). Very few locals can afford to pay high rentals or buy high priced properties. Besides servicing the monthly loan, one needs to factor in monthly maintenance fees, taxes , and repairs. (maintaining that corner will cost money too - otherwise you will see lalang everyone :wink:)

But to those people who can afford to pay for the spacious terrace with a corner (as compared to Sg), so that he can play with his grandchildren or children in their own garden; perhaps the benefits or pleasure in having your own landed property will outweigh the cost. So my assessment is only buy the property if you can well afford it – whether it is for retirement or investment purposes. It is not easy to predict any market or the economy of a country , but if you have the holding power (like some forummers here) , young and has high risk appetites or is able to purchase the properties without any loans, it is safe to go ahead with the purchase.

Think carefully. What you read or see here may not be what you get.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jason, what about this scenario - buy 500k - take loan 400k, assuming monthly instalment 2k.(I think is around this range, I hope)
Rent out 1.3-1.5k (hope can fetch) then 500 to 700 take out from own pocket - this translates to 200-400 Sgd a mth...not so taxingly!!

1.3 to 1.5K should be easy to get lah , but is very low for a 500K investment . It is 3.6% pa return, minus bank interest , agent commision, maintenance , maybe 0.5% pa. What is FD interest in Malaysia ? Maybe 2-3% ?
I think people buy houses in JB is for own use one and if lucky get some capital appreciation.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, u r rite! why bother to purchase if rental is so much cheaper!....then again owning a house is different from renting...to me it's mine, no one can chase me away (freehold that is) but renting, you stll have that nagging feeling that you can be evicted anytime...
Not to mention, owning one house you feel a sense of satisfaction and pride and you will take good care of the house..hahah, that's how i view it..

Aanyway, diferent ppl hv different view - so some may want to rent but some may want to own..

I have made my calculations, and my target type of house - G&G, near to amenities (not too farlah), and must have land at the side so that I can plant my durian and fruits tree, and in JB - Coz my kids can visit me when once in awhile ...dun have to be a huge huge house, if can get one storey banglow even better, coz old oreidi, dun wan to do cleaning of 4 toilets and 4 bedrooms, just simple basic place for me and my wife to grow old once I retire..
also, on and off can have BBQ session on the land, catch up with old frens and sit back and relax!!

To me, as long as the rental can cover 50% of my instalment, i am happy...hence done my calculations - Budget at 500k!! if anything lesse it's be a bonus - just need to put it under my wife's name!

That's my target for the house....

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal

1.3 to 1.5K should be easy to get lah , but is very low for a 500K investment . It is 3.6% pa return, minus bank interest , agent commision, maintenance , maybe 0.5% pa. What is FD interest in Malaysia ? Maybe 2-3% ?
I think people buy houses in JB is for own use one and if lucky get some capital appreciation.

FD interest is 3.5 % average

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

wow - swee!! if 1.3k can rent out a 500k house - i'll be a happy man in JB, if instalment is arond 2k per mth!
looking at long term, so hopefully with a little capital appreciation that will do the trick - at least, if i kick the bucket, got something for the kids...

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal

Unless one happens to be wuqi with his good network of well off friends, relatives and associates, it is best not to put so much hope in the rental aspect. The average household income of Johoreans is too low (3000 to 5000 rm). Very few locals can afford to pay high rentals or buy high priced properties. Besides servicing the monthly loan, one needs to factor in monthly maintenance fees, taxes , and repairs. (maintaining that corner will cost money too - otherwise you will see lalang everyone :wink:)

But to those people who can afford to pay for the spacious terrace with a corner (as compared to Sg), so that he can play with his grandchildren or children in their own garden; perhaps the benefits or pleasure in having your own landed property will outweigh the cost. So my assessment is only buy the property if you can well afford it – whether it is for retirement or investment purposes. It is not easy to predict any market or the economy of a country , but if you have the holding power (like some forummers here) , young and has high risk appetites or is able to purchase the properties without any loans, it is safe to go ahead with the purchase.

Think carefully. What you read or see here may not be what you get.

Agree Bro - do your homework, each to his own!! and ppl have different taste and preference....go to the actual place, have a view/look/feel then make the decision - if you can afford, then go for it..ppl always says, recession is a good time to buy properties - there is some truth to this, but also how many ppl got the balls to buy in time of recession - worry about job, economy, ect ect and investment is the last on thier mind!!
to me, if u ask me when is the best time to buy property - there is no best time, depends on yr capability...if it's for long term, dun have to be afraid...stay and enjoy..else keep for children in the long long term....hahhahahah

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
One of my young relatives wanted to follow my footsteps to buy a house in JB..she says she has around S$20K in savings and ask me what she can buy over there. This is what i told her...

"Use the money + CPF to buy HDB flat in Sing first...take as little loan as possible and pay off as fast as you can...after that then come and look at JB houses."

Cheers.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, u r rite! why bother to purchase if rental is so much cheaper!....then again owning a house is different from renting...to me it's mine, no one can chase me away (freehold that is) but renting, you stll have that nagging feeling that you can be evicted anytime...
Not to mention, owning one house you feel a sense of satisfaction and pride and you will take good care of the house..hahah, that's how i view it..

Aanyway, diferent ppl hv different view - so some may want to rent but some may want to own..

I have made my calculations, and my target type of house - G&G, near to amenities (not too farlah), and must have land at the side so that I can plant my durian and fruits tree, and in JB - Coz my kids can visit me when once in awhile ...dun have to be a huge huge house, if can get one storey banglow even better, coz old oreidi, dun wan to do cleaning of 4 toilets and 4 bedrooms, just simple basic place for me and my wife to grow old once I retire..
also, on and off can have BBQ session on the land, catch up with old frens and sit back and relax!!

To me, as long as the rental can cover 50% of my instalment, i am happy...hence done my calculations - Budget at 500k!! if anything lesse it's be a bonus - just need to put it under my wife's name!

That's my target for the house....

This view I support , bro I can go to your garden to pick durian ?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is always about the crime rate that turn most singaporean away,so most of us go for G & G plus security system in house and some grilled up like prison as well. If crime is down and causeway jam is managed well ,this place sure flooded with singaporean who earn $ and pay ringgit.

In term of rental market, I believe there is one typical rental class for local and one rental class more for professional workers earning S$. The latter group are those willing to pay more for rental in such places as LF, EL & HH, as rental of SG ppty increase the movement there will increase as well.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
To Yonglip: "yes bro...jusco at 2nd link...

they din check passport validity, no finger printing no nothing..just give them passport and RM30..wait for 1 minute..i.e. if no one in front of you...wa la..done liao. i think they big leh long on the MACS these days...valid for one year.. "

Thanks for the info, will go in tml to get it done.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros,

Can some bros here explain how the loan package work ?.
As we all know that most developer prefer "progressive payment" to "deferred payment".

I would like to know how the bank loan work. For example, the house price is 500K. the buyer pay 10% in cash for downpayment/booking fee, and the buyer get 80% loan.

When does the buyer start paying the loan ?. Am I correct to say that all progressive payment will be handled by the bank ?.

appreciate it very much.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.