• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Investing in Nusajaya

Happy for you bro Euphony and 29ers who have made this your home. Well done and i am glad you guys are happy.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Happy Deepavali to all who celebrate it today. Its been sounding like a mini warzone tonight but who can fault them for celebrating?
I wanted to join in the celebration but have nothing now in inventory.

My neighbour too wanted to join in but the 6 x 250 shots barrage that my neighbours have shall remain sealed until a certain month
in Q1 next year.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Your source of info is?

Guys, even if there was quota, the developer can apply to remove it or to add on when required.
Plus, the quota does not apply to subsales so one can still buy resale/subsale into a desired development
where previously the quota was met.

I know Taman Laguna was very reluctant to raise the quota. Nusa Duta's boss (bless his good soul) was very
reluctant to raise the prices more because he wanted to see more of his fellow Malaysians getting a good
home.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ah, hearing the sweet explosions and smell of gunpower in the air. Nice except it disturbs the wife and kids. I definitely don't mind it though, listening to strains of 92.4 FM and hearing the odd firework and rumbling of distant thunder is nice. Even on a stormy night like this, some never fail to entertain with their spectactular fireworks.

The familiar smell of burnt gunpower in the air, mmmmm.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Wah... The way you write really make me feel like getting a house in LF...

The question then should be, why wait? :biggrin:

"Xiang dao da ming tian, xian zai jiu yao qi cheng"
If you want to reach tomorrow, you must start the travel now.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks for some of your PMs.

I am glad you guys are surviving here well and making the best of things, i am really happy for you.

There is no one to thank but yourself and i am glad you guys made the right decision. I know it wasn't easy,
making your own way in choppy waters amidst the fears and the lies that clouded the way.

No meals or coffee is required but some of you have been very kind, thank you to one especially for doing
something very unexpected for me.

I am very touched by the very kind gesture and will definitely not forget it.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

I must apologise to all, though i always said your mileage may vary, my quality assessment of both HH and EL are apparently off:

From the same person for East Ledang:

Also, we found out that almost none of the windows are straight and the rendering on the walls are quite soft. Well, actually a lot of things in the house are not straight (from door frames, main entrance, etc) !!!!!!

We thought we could just drill and screw on timber blinds, but the rendering cracked so we had to screw in a length of aluminium angle to reinforce the top of the window opening which is anchored deep into the wall and then attach the Venetian timber blinds clip to the aluminium angle. The benefit of this is straight edge, less screws required to be counter sunk into the wall and we can attach any window finishing to the aluminium.

TIME FOR REALITY CHECK !

I feel like beating up the UEM Management after reading this. Another thing that pissed me off is they have failed to stop some residents from modifying their house in a super ugly manner, despite the fact that everyone signs a covenant. I visit the construction site at least once a month, i have never seen a local foreman supervising the workers in all my visits. 100% FTs at work. How do you expect quality control? In the end.. you can only HOPE the bunch of workers do not stuff empty coca-cola bottles into your walls.

The only consolation is we bought these properties early, hence i would say... just add 5% to your house price for putting it into decent condition. I dare say, none of the developer in JB are responsible enough to upkeep their reputation. Sadly, these are some of the pitfalls in a less advance countries. We know very well this even happen in Singapore with FEO and some other developers... but there is yet to be any CDL in MY.

Last edited:

cockcansing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah lor so expensive, oh I was just passingby the shop after a meal nearby and look see only, from what I can remember the salesperson told me can DIY but need more space and will have smell. So the beauty of this machine is no smell, hence can keep this machine inside the kitchen and open the lid as and when needed to add in food waste. Can't remember exactly why no smell but one reason cited is becos the machine will compact and churn the waste every half an hour (need to keep the power on 24 hours - 70 watt).
Hi Ginfreely
Ya pricy and need power? I am currently away and when I return I will try the compost bim like what my friend had said before. I did bury some food waste before in the garden and I found that the area that i dug is more fertile than the other spot. Will continue that when I get back and also will try to compost with food waste in the bin. I will place it at my yard.

Cheers

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

TIME FOR REALITY CHECK !

I feel like beating up the UEM Management after reading this. Another thing that pissed me off is they have failed to stop some residents from modifying their house in a super ugly manner, despite the fact that everyone signs a covenant. I visit the construction site at least once a month, i have never seen a local foreman supervising the workers in all my visits. 100% FTs at work. How do you expect quality control? In the end.. you can only HOPE the bunch of workers do not stuff empty coca-cola bottles into your walls

The only consolation is we bought these properties early, hence i would say... just add 5% to your house price for putting it into decent condition. I dare say, none of the developer in JB are responsible enough to upkeep their reputation. Sadly, these are some of the pitfalls in a less advance countries. We know very well this even happen in
Singapore with FEO and some other developers... but there is yet to be any CDL in MY.

As far as I know n to my knowledge, LF showhouses were built by "their contractor" they were not paid till the show house were sold. Guess that's why, the contractor are so eager to please the buyer, to immediately do up their rectification work as fast as they wanting their money to be in. Thought that was a very smart move. As LF don have to b too concern of the workmanship.

tansi

Alfrescian
Loyal

That explained why the boss of the contractor comapny, personally called on me after I collected my keys, passed me his hp no. and walked with me to do an inspection of my house. His foreman was stationed here for over 18 months with a few experienced workers. That was the length of warranty period. He himself had to drive back and forth from LF to KL, where he has other projects with the same developer. Really tight him down to get satisfied result.

As far as I know n to my knowledge, LF showhouses were built by "their contractor" they were not paid till the show house were sold. Guess that's why, the contractor are so eager to please the buyer, to immediately do up their rectification work as fast as they wanting their money to be in. Thought that was a very smart move. As LF don have to b too concern of the workmanship.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 2 PMs will be meeting in December again for a retreat. Hope to hear more good news from them with regard to movement between SG and JB.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
"The familiar smell of burnt gunpower in the air, mmmmm. "

Hmmn, sure missed the good old days! One of the things that I will be looking forward to when I move over there.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

TIME FOR REALITY CHECK !

I feel like beating up the UEM Management after reading this. Another thing that pissed me off is they have failed to stop some residents from modifying their house in a super ugly manner, despite the fact that everyone signs a covenant. I visit the construction site at least once a month, i have never seen a local foreman supervising the workers in all my visits. 100% FTs at work. How do you expect quality control? In the end.. you can only HOPE the bunch of workers do not stuff empty coca-cola bottles into your walls.

The only consolation is we bought these properties early, hence i would say... just add 5% to your house price for putting it into decent condition. I dare say, none of the developer in JB are responsible enough to upkeep their reputation. Sadly, these are some of the pitfalls in a less advance countries. We know very well this even happen in Singapore with FEO and some other developers... but there is yet to be any CDL in MY.

Well I dare say Tanah Sutera (Capital Land JV) is quite responsible. After got my house for 3 years already and have no complain on cracks, leakages. We were surprised when they come and upgrade/ waterproofing our toilets drainage system last month for free! They say that this is to prevent future water leakage and it supposed to last 40 to 50 years! Now this is how the work is carried out over the weekend for 4 days. First they hack away loose concrete around the drainage hole. Next the apply a few coats of black water proofing compound (take a few days between coats to dry). Lastly they plug the pipe with a small ball, filled the toilet with water about 1-2 inch of water. Next day the supervisor and owner inspect the toilet for any sign of leakage. (If water is drained off mean waterproofing is not working). All 3 toilets upstair , they say cost about 500 buck a toilet to do the job , all for free.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal

that is quite nice for the developer to do so!

Well I dare say Tanah Sutera (Capital Land JV) is quite responsible. After got my house for 3 years already and have no complain on cracks, leakages. We were surprised when they come and upgrade/ waterproofing our toilets drainage system last month for free! They say that this is to prevent future water leakage and it supposed to last 40 to 50 years! Now this is how the work is carried out over the weekend for 4 days. First they hack away loose concrete around the drainage hole. Next the apply a few coats of black water proofing compound (take a few days between coats to dry). Lastly they plug the pipe with a small ball, filled the toilet with water about 1-2 inch of water. Next day the supervisor and owner inspect the toilet for any sign of leakage. (If water is drained off mean waterproofing is not working). All 3 toilets upstair , they say cost about 500 buck a toilet to do the job , all for free.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal

TIME FOR REALITY CHECK !

We know very well this even happen in Singapore with FEO and some other developers... but there is yet to be any CDL in MY.

Emery Point condominium residents have filed a suit against listed property developer City Developments Limited (CDL), the main contractors, five subcontractors and the architect, due to many building defects.

The condo's management operation (representing the owners) is claiming approximately S$600,000 in compensation to resolve defects in 17 areas.

These include cracks in walls, lift lobby ceilings damaged by rainwater and a leaking basement carpark, which is situated below a swimming pool.

Opening in the High Court on Monday, the lawsuit is fixed for a 10-day hearing.

Located at Ipoh Lane in the Tanjong Katong area, Emery Point is an 18-storey block of 51 units. The freehold project was completed in 2003 and fully sold in 2007.

Leo Cheng Suan, the lawyer representing the condo owners, said in his opening statement that CDL was aware of the defects. "The plaintiffs are extremely disappointed that CDL, being a public-listed company, did not live up to its social responsibility to build quality homes."

There is Sunway Development in Malaysia, a top quality developer whom was bought over by UEM recently. Any development is bound to have defects and I was believe in luck, whether you are lucky to have a good unit or not. Just like a brand new car, even Mercedes have its flaws too.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah, when you said the sales lady, sitting down with you, chit chatting for hours talking about anything under the sun... Wah, this is what I call life..

Everyone has their own preferences.. Some people like to live in Orchard Road, amidst the heavy traffics and crowds and some people love to live near Katong, with the rustic feel of sea breeze and swaying coconut trees.. and some people like to live in Geylang, for the convenience and choice of good foods...

I love Horizon Hills for the theme but hate the ideas of renovation works.(but sure that problem will be resolved soon).. LF seemed to be more homely.. Maybe I am looking for something that I found missing in Singapore.. everyone is so busy and our conversation with neighbours barely last more than 5-10min.. and i miss the sounds of birds, insects, fireworks etc are all the things that many Singaporeans are unfamiliar with.

I need to visit LF show house one day.. maybe get a smaller townhouse? but again.. I have no time to have so many wifes... no time to visit.. and don't wish to rent them out to strangers...

:biggrin: well it still comes down to individual preference.

bro wuqi: cheers! (just as you avatar!)

Status
Not open for further replies.