• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same idea.. Will park my Singapore car in garage and drive around with malaysia car.. The new car 2.5l is around 94k for Mitsubishi.. I wish to get an used one at around 60-70k rm...

The Toyota fortuner, brand new, all inn includes gps, reverse cam. Bodykit etc. Rm 118,000 plus equal s$ 50,000

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious...

For condo, its easy to determine psf pricing.

For landed, what is the usual method to determine psf pricing... is it the psf based on land size or the psf based on built-up area?

In Singapore, the standard is to use land psf for land type and built up psf for strata type eg. Cluster houses. That said, when you use land psf, make sure you do a CMA base on similar built up eg. Same number of stories.

This makes perfect sense as you own that piece of land parcel when a property is land type. For strata type, you own a share value of the common land. The share value is determined by your built up and is important when there is a collective sale to determine how much of "land" you actually own.

In Malaysia, The Straits View Residences is the first strata landed project in JB. PSF should be based on built up, although the standards has not been established in this part of he world yet.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
With Hilux, one can drive to forest to pick durians or the beach to catch some fish...

In Singapore, 4 door pick up truck will kill us on the diesel tax.. It is about 4 times the tax on passenger car, assuming you are driving a 3l car.. So who will buy in Singapore, might as well get a BMW...

Ha, I am determined to get one.. Once I moved in..

Damn this is the car I am looking at too. Too bad they dont sell in Spore. The name is Toyota Hilux and it is actually Toyota Fortuner. If I am not wrong, it also come with a 3.0 L turbo diesel version. The pick-up is a monster truck indeed.. So fierce looking and other cars will get out of your sight once you come near since it look so rugged. It is the top selling car in Malaysia ( foreign cars ) if I am not wrong cos I was looking at the statistics in the Sunday Times over the weekend. New cars cost just RM 100k. 1 liter can take u more than 15km on NS highway and somemore its on diesel .. only RM 1.80 per liter.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah liew all the big truckish car fans! i am pining for a JB plated landrover evoque. that would be swell.
Sorry Bro. Only 2 service centers, one in KL and other in Singapore. If you've got major problem...... that's 1/2 million Ringgit burn bro!! Was interested in getting Toyota Prado or Land Cruiser BUT NOT available in Malaysia!! Those are big babies which gives you the 'willies' when you see them coming up fast in your rear view mirror :smile:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Turbo diesel trucks, sweet! But HiLux is an auto-thief magnet in Malaysia. Big demand from up north.:(

Mitsubishi Triton also ok..

Hi Toyohon, so is Mitsubishi Triton also among the top in the target list? I thought getting a truck in Johor can firstly act poor(as compared to other luxury make and models) and secondly being big, tough and rugged. Didn't know that Hilux is one of the top targeted ride for car thieves.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Yonglip

Thanks for sharing info .
Based on your experinces , do you think with a mosque in the taman will bring up the properties price ? I doubt so.
Neither will expats and singaporeans will invest in such areas right ?

I dun want to buy a house and the price will depreciate in yrs time due to some reason.

hi crystal, I think your concern of being too near a mosque is a valid point to discuss about. unlike Singapore, the volume will not be turned down & the frequency to call to prayers per day can be more than twice.

Interestingly however the property can appreciate. My father's malaysian chinese friend actually experienced this in Taman Tun in KL when they built a mosque near his house. He sold for much more than expected because there are muslims who would actually like to be near a mosque. a caveat is you limit the pool of potential buyers.

but you do get used to the sound as I did when I stayed near a highway once.

anyway consider carefully . .. all the best

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just curious...

For condo, its easy to determine psf pricing.

For landed, what is the usual method to determine psf pricing... is it the psf based on land size or the psf based on built-up area?

hi maxpark, for me, I asked the salesperson what is the built-up and then I divide by that.

But mine was easy as it is an intermediate terrace. Investor is right if you have more land like Semi-D, corner lot etc...

Last edited:

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I never see Spore-JB the same league as Hong Kong-Shenzhen.

Spore got SAF while JB got their own military....Hong Kong and Shenzhen are protected by the same PLA.. which means they are "brothers"

To be frank, Malaysia is openly trying to compete with Spore and we are know it. PTP for instance, is not postitioned there for nothing.

PTP is legacy of the old days but they cannot dismantle since Maersk went with it, so have to make the best of it. We remember also from that era Tg Pagar station right thru the heart of Singapore .... Sleep easy, no worries about JB trying to compete with Singapore. No fight. Symbiosis is the best way for all.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Toyota Hilux is sold in SG but is very expensive especially for the twin cab version. It is not a Fortuner. The Fortuner is based on the Hilux platform.
Hilux - pickup
Fortuner - SUV

If one is thinking of getting a Hilux or Triton as a vehicle in MY as it will be safe, I think they are just as prone to theft as these 2 are the top selling pick-ups in MY. Still best to be more careful of where you park, keep valuables out of sight and keep a low profile.

I am also thinking of getting one to move around as diesel prices in MY are very reasonable and the fuel consumption of these turbo diesels are fantastic with their high torque levels. However, they are rather noisy and the interior plus ride quality is not like normal sedans so it is best to test drive before committing. Also, parking will be a hassle as these vehicles are huge!

Damn this is the car I am looking at too. Too bad they dont sell in Spore. The name is Toyota Hilux and it is actually Toyota Fortuner. If I am not wrong, it also come with a 3.0 L turbo diesel version. The pick-up is a monster truck indeed.. So fierce looking and other cars will get out of your sight once you come near since it look so rugged. It is the top selling car in Malaysia ( foreign cars ) if I am not wrong cos I was looking at the statistics in the Sunday Times over the weekend. New cars cost just RM 100k. 1 liter can take u more than 15km on NS highway and somemore its on diesel .. only RM 1.80 per liter.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct. PTP is actually not fairing that well compared to PG. This is the main problem I have with investing in MY. It may sound very rosy in the beginning but it always seems to peter out after some time. That being said, Nusajaya seems to be coming along nicely for now which could be due to the foreign investment pouring in (especially from SG) but the political scene must remain stable else whatever that is happening can/will disappear very quickly. Best to temper expectations with a healthy dose of reality and logicality.

PTP is legacy of the old days but they cannot dismantle since Maersk went with it, so have to make the best of it. We remember also from that era Tg Pagar station right thru the heart of Singapore .... Sleep easy, no worries about JB trying to compete with Singapore. No fight. Symbiosis is the best way for all.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Toyohon, so is Mitsubishi Triton also among the top in the target list? I thought getting a truck in Johor can firstly act poor(as compared to other luxury make and models) and secondly being big, tough and rugged. Didn't know that Hilux is one of the top targeted ride for car thieves.

2bFree answered - yes, so long as the model is popular and a top seller, you can be assured of demand, both legally and illegally.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes..by the time i kno ab this place, left 3 units unsold. Later time 3 more units release due to loan nt appove. Im able to snap one ~hehe...heard the work done by ksl is nt that good, anyone opinion?

personally, I dont think this is the case. I saw their show unit are very nicely done. I did see other show units, but I still prefer KSL work. I also saw their unit at Kempas Height, its work quality are good.

this is my opinion based upon the show units, and compared it with show units of othere development.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bros & Sistas,

I've some query regarding using TT or remit from the money changer...
Is there a limit set for daily transaction if the account is a foreigner?
How about if the account is meant for paying mortage?

Heard Bank Negara has set such criteria on foreigners' account... it's not helpful especially we need to carry cold hard cash ard and limit to RM10K/day.

Recently been bogged by backing issues over this matter? Need some expert help and advice...

Anyone has got a relaible money changer that can help resolve my problem...

Thanks ahead ... getting a little upsad...:(

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Bros & Sistas,

I've some query regarding using TT or remit from the money changer...
Is there a limit set for daily transaction if the account is a foreigner?
How about if the account is meant for paying mortage?

Heard Bank Negara has set such criteria on foreigners' account... it's not helpful especially we need to carry cold hard cash ard and limit to RM10K/day.

Recently been bogged by backing issues over this matter? Need some expert help and advice...

Anyone has got a relaible money changer that can help resolve my problem...

Thanks ahead ... getting a little upsad...:(

No headache at all, just a bit of effort that's all. To answer your question, yes there is a RM10k limit on deposit per day into account under foreigner's name(even mortgage acc.)

1) If you want very good exchange rate for TT, go to Parkway Parade's Sino Moneychanger Pte Ltd. Another 2 reliable ones in Parkway are Everpeace Money Changer Pte Ltd and Yakadir Pte Ltd. All 3 are on level 1.

2) But because of the daily limit(and you might not be staying near Parkway), a more convenient way is to open an account with MoneyWorld Asia Pte Ltd. Their website is http://www.moneyworld.com.sg With an account, you don't need to go all the way to their office daily to make payment, just go to the nearest ATM machine and deposit the amount you want to TT into their company's account and contact them.

3) Someone here suggested before that raffles1.sg gives better rate than Moneyworld Asia but I'm not sure whether you can deposit into their bank acc. thru ATM like Money World.

All above are reliable companies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trition was ranked #4.. i think Nissan Grand Livina was #02 or #03 best selling. #01 should be Hilux.. I am stating based on foreign cars.. local cars.. Myvi is #01 followed by Saga.

2bFree answered - yes, so long as the model is popular and a top seller, you can be assured of demand, both legally and illegally.

Toyota Hilux is sold in SG but is very expensive especially for the twin cab version. It is not a Fortuner. The Fortuner is based on the Hilux platform.
Hilux - pickup
Fortuner - SUV

If one is thinking of getting a Hilux or Triton as a vehicle in MY as it will be safe, I think they are just as prone to theft as these 2 are the top selling pick-ups in MY. Still best to be more careful of where you park, keep valuables out of sight and keep a low profile.

I am also thinking of getting one to move around as diesel prices in MY are very reasonable and the fuel consumption of these turbo diesels are fantastic with their high torque levels. However, they are rather noisy and the interior plus ride quality is not like normal sedans so it is best to test drive before committing. Also, parking will be a hassle as these vehicles are huge!

Wow thanks for the info sharing guys. Any suggestion from anyone in the forum of a ride which is big, strong and rugged but don't look expensive? I don't want to be a target of the thugs. Don't forget that we'll be driving in and out of one of the most expensive housing developments in the whole of Johor. Keeping a low profile is the way to go I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.