• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the price range for the above mentioned furniture shops like for sofa, dining set, bed etc? Is it high end furniture?

Can't exactly quantify because there're quite a fair bit of choices but generally I guess pricing is in the low thousands (apologies I can't be more specific!). I wouldn't say high end furniture. Perhaps could qualify it as mostly ok durable ok aesthetically (if you find what you like). I would define high end as in genuine designs with the best possible materials and craftsmanship. I have not seen it as yet in JB because the appetite for it I guess is not sufficient to become profitable as they are frequently quite costly? A lot of sales persons in the shops tell me KL's better perhaps on par with SG.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good selection.

Thanks for sharing Infor. May not be as extensive or stylish as in Sing BUT alternative is to buy from here and ship to JB. I think it wld be a costly affair........! Might want to go to the Persada expo next month, 7-9 Oct at Convention Centre in JB that's beside the Puteri (Pan) Pacific. Lunch at the Chinese restaurant in the Puteri Pacific is not bad. There's an exhibition of Home furnishing everything from taps to bedroom stuff. That's what I 've been told.

haha yah! Yes I've heard about the Chinese restaurant. It does very good dim sum right? I too will make the trip as well to see what else I missed out.

Serenity

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very Poor service at COURTS Bestari

Staff totally NO responsibility, cannot be bother at all.

Promised delivery date and time, but never turn up

Item confirmed have stocks and after few days, I called to check, they say no more stock.

Just order only mattresses also can screwed up.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
I recently had detoured and travelled under the EDL. Seems like it is progressing pretty well too. The roads under the expressway is in much better condition now. And going towards the CIQ you can see much being dug out I guess as an entrance and exit from the CIQ. Definitely won't be ready by year's end I suspect but progress nonetheless. The permas bridge is taking a fair bit of time though and its still not fully connected. Did anyone here buy into Senibong? As I passed by, phase 1 is seems close to completion.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Item confirmed have stocks and after few days, I called to check, they say no more stock.

Oh dear

Time wasted! Any channel for redress at courts? Not sure if u can cancel order n get a refund back.

This happens to me also but in spore with Harvey Norman at Millennia walk. Ordered n fully paid for fridge and neva
turn up on appointed date n time. I gave a piece of my mind and cancel my order n got my money back. The silver
lining was for the same model at a sole proprietor i manage to get at $300 cheaper! And i got it delivered within a day! (called morning delivered at night) Shop name sweetson in bt batok but not sure this shop still around.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

That place reminds me of Ang Mo Kio Courts...ha ha..v similar layout. That said....if you look at their furniture catalogue, some of the items are very similar to Sing's Courts but the price is a whole lot cheaper!...not surprising, most of our furnitures in Sing comes from you know where la. Its just packaged under a different name. As long as it is "Buatan Malaysia"..u can be 100% sure its cheaper than similar items in Sing.

So bad service or not, i think M'sia Courts is still worth a look..

TinkerMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you consider this Positive?

NEWS: Unlikely for S'pore, Malaysia to merge: LKY
Unlikely for S'pore, Malaysia to merge: Lee Kuan Yew

By Hoe Yeen Nie | Posted: 22 September 2011 2207 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew said it is unlikely that Singapore and Malaysia will merge in the future.

At the Sentosa Roundtable (held at the Shangri-La Hotel) dialogue earlier Thursday evening, he was asked by a Malaysian citizen if he foresees both countries coming to a political or economic union in the future, given the growing strength of Indonesia.

Mr Lee said having gone through a failed merger in the 1960s, such a move is not likely.

But he also gave a positive outlook of bilateral relations, noting the efforts of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak.

This includes developing the Iskandar region in southern Johor, which will complement Singapore's own economic growth.

"Najib has brought forth a positive view of bilateral relations and the desire to develop southern Johor, the Iskandar region, using Singapore as a kind of Shenzhen. (This) means a complementary set of forces will be led loose, which will make it unprofitable for either side to be unfriendly," said Mr Lee.

He added, "You want our investments, we want to invest. Having invested, we don't want problems with Malaysia, and Malaysia which wants more investments will not give us problems. So that's a positive development."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear
The silver
lining was for the same model at a sole proprietor i manage to get at $300 cheaper! And i got it delivered within a day! (called morning delivered at night) Shop name sweetson in bt batok but not sure this shop still around.

Still around, my washing machine broke down two months ago and i ordered the replacement from them, the shop now call Euromark. Very convenient, just call them and they'll deliver, no need to go to shop. Price may not be the cheapest though, becos few days after that, i saw the same washing machine on promotion and cheaper at Audio house Rivervalley.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't exactly quantify because there're quite a fair bit of choices but generally I guess pricing is in the low thousands (apologies I can't be more specific!). I wouldn't say high end furniture. Perhaps could qualify it as mostly ok durable ok aesthetically (if you find what you like). I would define high end as in genuine designs with the best possible materials and craftsmanship. I have not seen it as yet in JB because the appetite for it I guess is not sufficient to become profitable as they are frequently quite costly? A lot of sales persons in the shops tell me KL's better perhaps on par with SG.

Oic becos the way you described sound quite high end furniture :smile: I'm not much into designer furniture but i heard even replicas are not cheap, genuine design will be really expensive i guess. Pricing in low thousands Ringgit are reasonable, so far i only stepped into one furniture shop in JB, can't remember exactly where but i think it is at Jusco Tebrau city, the sofa sets there are all pretty expensive...high single digit thousands or higher and the design is just so so to me.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic becos the way you described sound quite high end furniture :smile: I'm not much into designer furniture but i heard even replicas are not cheap, genuine design will be really expensive i guess. Pricing in low thousands Ringgit are reasonable, so far i only stepped into one furniture shop in JB, can't remember exactly where but i think it is at Jusco Tebrau city, the sofa sets there are all pretty expensive...high single digit thousands or higher and the design is just so so to me.

yah! i've been to that one you mentioned in jusco tc. Agree it's expensive. they say they only use genuine leather. I was a bit dubious on the claim. and they charge transport as well within Jb and is quite hefty. wasn't really taken by their designs either 'cept for 1 or 2 pieces.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

I am a newly registered member in this forum. I would like ask some questions regarding buying a landed property in JB.

I talked to someone in Leisure Farm today. She said the terrace house in Pinggiran Bayou precinct sold there was freehold with strata titles. I am not so familiar with this. The lady told me if I bought the house I could not renovate and changed the outlook of the house even when it became old. Of course, I was not allowed to tear down the house or rebuild a new one in the future if I wanted to. So if I buy the house, do I own the land underneath the house and some area sounding the house because I am not provided any information about the lot size but only built-up area?

Is this type of terrace house with strata titles risky to buy?

I also look at the terrace house in Horizon Hills. Both the information about the built-up and lot size are given. Does this imply the house is the freehold landed property with landed title meaning I have the freedom to do whatever I like with the land including the house and its outlook sitting on top of the land if I want to in the future?

Which one would you prefer or think worth buying if you were the buyer, Horizon Hills or Leisure Farm? It will be greatly appreciated if I can provide the reasons to your answer to this question as well (for example, safety and house quality etc.).

Hope someone here can help answer my above questions.

Thanks a lot for your help and advance in advance.

mathstub

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

I am a newly registered member in this forum. I would like ask some questions regarding buying a landed property in JB.

I talked to someone in Leisure Farm today. She said the terrace house in Pinggiran Bayou precinct sold there was freehold with strata titles. I am not so familiar with this. The lady told me if I bought the house I could not renovate and changed the outlook of the house even when it became old. Of course, I was not allowed to tear down the house or rebuild a new one in the future if I wanted to. So if I buy the house, do I own the land underneath the house and some area sounding the house because I am not provided any information about the lot size but only built-up area?

I also look at the terrace house in Horizon Hills. Both the information about the built-up and lot size are given. Does this imply the house is the freehold landed property with landed title meaning I have the freedom to do whatever I like with the land including the house and its outlook sitting on top of the land if I want to in the future?

Which one would you prefer or think worth buying if you were the buyer, Horizon Hills or Leisure Farm? It will be greatly appreciated if I can provide the reasons to your answer to this question as well (for example, safety and house quality etc.).

HedgeTrader

Alfrescian
Loyal

SINGAPORE: Singapore's former Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew said it is unlikely that Singapore and Malaysia will merge in the future.

At the Sentosa Roundtable (held at the Shangri-La Hotel) dialogue earlier Thursday evening, he was asked by a Malaysian citizen if he foresees both countries coming to a political or economic union in the future, given the growing strength of Indonesia.

Mr Lee said having gone through a failed merger in the 1960s, such a move is not likely.

But he also gave a positive outlook of bilateral relations, noting the efforts of Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak.

This includes developing the Iskandar region in southern Johor, which will complement Singapore's own economic growth.

"Najib has brought forth a positive view of bilateral relations and the desire to develop southern Johor, the Iskandar region, using Singapore as a kind of Shenzhen. (This) means a complementary set of forces will be led loose, which will make it unprofitable for either side to be unfriendly," said Mr Lee.

He added, "You want our investments, we want to invest. Having invested, we don't want problems with Malaysia, and Malaysia which wants more investments will not give us problems. So that's a positive development."

No way man. The difference in the merger equation is clear. The racial and religious balance equation. You want a Malay Muslim government and country? I think even many Singaporean Malay Muslims don't want that.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
neutral. neither parties will consider merger in anycase.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal

HI Folks,

Sorry been away and was unwell... anyhow i also came into issue with the home loan recently.... Bro Wuqi pls help... can give me some advice as i've pm you earlier... thanks...

Oh yes abt the furnitures... i've also been shopping ard... there was a fair in KSL sometime back... recommended to visit one of the shop in molek too...Rossini is i recall correctly.. they have qutie large selection... but if u looking for designer pieces... this place not so many but i find many pple visit them as they are quite experience... We fins their sofa not too bad and bed set too... Not sure folks here like but can give a try...

About the kopi session... i have to apologies to all.. i would need to postpoine to a time to Nov-Dec... updates coming up soon ... but if meanwhile folks like to meet up and instead of kopi... the new sentosa plaza have quite a few newly done up bistro and pubs.. like over time and showhouse. I heard over time is a nice drinking place... Bro Prof may like to try out...

Last but not least.... CW6 a new bus route from 2nd link to Jurong Point ... Yuppie.... a new bus route for folks who may consider to try from causeway link. Though it does not stop in the interchange but along the main road beside the Boon Lay station. It sure boost the folks in jurong and now boon lay to have another option instead from Jurong east.

TGIF... ve a pleasant weekend!
Cheers

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all,

Hi there! saw your PM, I'll answer you here so that others can build on it or give you their point of view and benefit readers as well. my answer is biased towards LF because that's where I bought, there's a big camp here who will tell you about horizon hills pluses too. the key is really what suits you best because they've got different characteristics on offer. see which do you identify with and then make your decision.

As to Strata title, basically this one works like a condominium. Exterior changes not allowed interiorly do what you want, how you want, when you want otherwise it is no different from a freehold title. The bad point is that you don't have freedom in controlling your house in totality, and you feel as if you're in a 'stepford wives' community. For me I like it strata this way the whole precinct maintains a unified look and is very neat. There are some people who either have lousy color pallets or IDs and can make the exteriors butt ugly and that may devalue house prices in the neighborhood in the long run.

I think if you're asking for lot size its 27' X49' in the brochure. Because it is relatively small its marketing trick to give built up rather than lot size. You own the land but exteriors will be managed (the additional parcels e.g. car porch, garden, small side garden are in the S&P that you sign). Well in terms of risk I don't see any difference. Except that the developer has to handover from the master title to strata just like condominiums. A delay here can be problematic for the flippers.

As a LF resident, I like this place for its serenity. Its dead quiet and peaceful. As a terrace house precinct, the density is fairly low. Even if you put the whole LF together it is still very low. Which I feel gives it a certain air of exclusivity. More people means more problems. haha (again my biased view). Also, the developer is not going to build high rise condos current or the future, so it strengthens my point. I like the double security giving me better peace of mind i.e. you have to go through 2 guarded gates first to LF and 2nd to your precinct this reduces public access into the development especially in situations where the road can be used as a shortcut through to another area e.g. resulting in heavy traffic buildup yielding noise and security issues. As for the terrace its perfectly sized for singletons or small families. I hate to clean up acres of space and like things minimal and simple would not break my back when I do it myself. Because the place comes partially furnished, I forgo the headache of renovations. I like the built in kitchen a lot and would forsee myself spending much time there. All the lights/fans/air-con are fitted even wardrobes. If you're intending to buy, then your unit might be fully furnished can literally walk in with a bag. I have not seen another development till date offering this package this place just spoke to me when I viewed it. Also because its strata the exterior is maintained by the developer overseen by the resident committee. Which is good with concrete plans to freshen the facade every few years with new paint for every house, garden, maintenance repairs etc. Again individual houses on fully freehold titles in comparison may choose not to do that and may end up again pulling down the house value in the neighborhood.

As for quality, the finishing imho is of high standard and rectification works for me are very minor. I am quite happy with the built in kitchen really! and the materials used all round is not bad at all, though I would suggest doing something about those 'incomplete concrete' looking steps, avantgarde yes but a tad too 'underwhelming'.

As for the cons, its far from amenities vs. HH. You MUST have your own car because its not very accessible by public transport (unless cabs). There are people who feel insecure about the road leading towards LF.This is the current situation you must be ok with now (of cos there are talks about future plans which I think we all ignore. if it becomes a reality, 2 thumbs up). In terms of amenities HH will be a better bet. Personally, I do not see it as a biggie as I do my grocery shopping once a week also forces me to plan properly. Also, somethings I can't get in JB anyway (like fresh prosciutto, boutique wines, cheese [buffalo mozzarella, single/double cream...] etc) and will do it in SG and then come back in so it makes no difference. Truthfully, the road in could be a problem so I stay cautious. Thankfully the road is a busy/semi-busy one because the PTP port is further in. Hope this gives you an idea of LF. Like I say definitely biased so make your decisions wisely! This is the hard part.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi there! saw your PM, I'll answer you here so that others can build on it or give you their point of view and benefit readers as well. my answer is biased towards LF because that's where I bought, there's a big camp here who will tell you about horizon hills pluses too. the key is really what suits you best because they've got different characteristics on offer. see which do you identify with and then make your decision. As to Strata title, basically this one works like a condominium. Exterior changes not allowed interiorly do what you want, how you want, when you want otherwise it is no different from a freehold title. The bad point is that you don't have freedom in controlling your house in totality, and you feel as if you're in a 'stepford wives' community. For me I like it strata this way the whole precinct maintains a unified look and is very neat. There are some people who either have lousy color pallets or IDs and can make the exteriors butt ugly and that may devalue house prices in the neighborhood in the long run. I think if you're asking for lot size its 27' X49' in the brochure. Because it is relatively small its marketing trick to give built up rather than lot size. You own the land but exteriors will be managed (the additional parcels e.g. car porch, garden, small side garden are in the S&P that you sign). Well in terms of risk I don't see any difference. Except that the developer has to handover from the master title to strata just like condominiums. A delay here can be problematic for the flippers. As a LF resident, I like this place for its serenity. Its dead quiet and peaceful. As a terrace house precinct, the density is fairly low. Even if you put the whole LF together it is still very low. Which I feel gives it a certain air of exclusivity. More people means more problems. haha (again my biased view) for example nobody from the johor sultanate owns a place in LF, I hear his quite the bully. Also, the developer is not going to build high rise condos current or the future, so it strengthens my point. I like the double security giving me better peace of mind i.e. you have to go through 2 guarded gates first to LF and 2nd to your precinct this reduces public access into the development especially in situations where the road can be used as a shortcut through to another area e.g. resulting in heavy traffic buildup yielding noise and security issues. As for the terrace its perfectly sized for singletons or small families. I hate to clean up acres of space and like things minimal and simple would not break my back when I do it myself. Because the place comes partially furnished, I forgo the headache of renovations. I like the built in kitchen a lot and would forsee myself spending much time there. All the lights/fans/air-con are fitted even wardrobes. If you're intending to buy, then your unit might be fully furnished can literally walk in with a bag. I have not seen another development till date offering this package this place just spoke to me when I viewed it. Also because its strata the exterior is maintained by the developer overseen by the resident committee. Which is good with concrete plans to freshen the facade every few years with new paint for every house, garden, maintenance repairs etc. Again individual houses on fully freehold titles in comparison may choose not to do that and may end up again pulling down the house value in the neighborhood. As for quality, the finishing imho is of high standard and rectification works for me are very minor. I am quite happy with the built in kitchen really! and the materials used all round is not bad at all, though I would suggest doing something about those 'incomplete concrete' looking steps, avantgarde yes but a tad too 'underwhelming'.As for the cons, its far from amenities vs. HH. You MUST have your own car because its not very accessible by public transport (unless cabs). There are people who feel insecure about the road leading towards LF.This is the current situation you must be ok with now (of cos there are talks about future plans which I think we all ignore. if it becomes a reality, 2 thumbs up). In terms of amenities HH will be a better bet. Personally, I do not see it as a biggie as I do my grocery shopping once a week also forces me to plan properly. Also, somethings I can't get in JB anyway (like fresh prosciutto, boutique wines, cheese [buffalo mozzarella, single/double cream...] etc) and will do it in SG and then come back in so it makes no difference. Truthfully, the road in could be a problem so I stay cautious. Thankfully the road is a busy/semi-busy one because the PTP port is further in. Hope this gives you an idea of LF. Like I say definitely biased so make your decisions wisely! This is the hard part.
Where were you when I was looking to buy......:smile: Nice write-up and very informative. As U pointed out the great things abt. LF. but the Strata title deal and the access to LF were the deciding factors for my decision to get HH instead and the fact that HH had a NICE Golf Course....... :smile:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Still around, my washing machine broke down two months ago and i ordered the replacement from them, the shop now call Euromark. Very convenient, just call them and they'll deliver, no need to go to shop. Price may not be the cheapest though, becos few days after that, i saw the same washing machine on promotion and cheaper at Audio house Rivervalley.

Oh yes i agree with u Gin.
But if there is no promotion and u want no extras (wic is actually factored in the selling price) and swift delivery without een stepping into the shop n u know the model. Then this is a good chox. Of course with any electrical/electronic items the prices will fall quickly due to stock clearance and new model or series. Cheers. Btw u got their number?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Euphony,
I think LF is very nice.. Just wonder how much is the maintenance fee? I bought HH before looking into LF or EL.. I could buy one in LF in future for retirement...
Rgds

Hi there! saw your PM, I'll answer you here so that others can build on it or give you their point of view and benefit readers as well. my answer is biased towards LF because that's where I bought, there's a big camp here who will tell you about horizon hills pluses too. the key is really what suits you best because they've got different characteristics on offer. see which do you identify with and then make your decision.

As to Strata title, basically this one works like a condominium. Exterior changes not allowed interiorly do what you want, how you want, when you want otherwise it is no different from a freehold title. The bad point is that you don't have freedom in controlling your house in totality, and you feel as if you're in a 'stepford wives' community. For me I like it strata this way the whole precinct maintains a unified look and is very neat. There are some people who either have lousy color pallets or IDs and can make the exteriors butt ugly and that may devalue house prices in the neighborhood in the long run.

I think if you're asking for lot size its 27' X49' in the brochure. Because it is relatively small its marketing trick to give built up rather than lot size. You own the land but exteriors will be managed (the additional parcels e.g. car porch, garden, small side garden are in the S&P that you sign). Well in terms of risk I don't see any difference. Except that the developer has to handover from the master title to strata just like condominiums. A delay here can be problematic for the flippers.

As a LF resident, I like this place for its serenity. Its dead quiet and peaceful. As a terrace house precinct, the density is fairly low. Even if you put the whole LF together it is still very low. Which I feel gives it a certain air of exclusivity. More people means more problems. haha (again my biased view). Also, the developer is not going to build high rise condos current or the future, so it strengthens my point. I like the double security giving me better peace of mind i.e. you have to go through 2 guarded gates first to LF and 2nd to your precinct this reduces public access into the development especially in situations where the road can be used as a shortcut through to another area e.g. resulting in heavy traffic buildup yielding noise and security issues. As for the terrace its perfectly sized for singletons or small families. I hate to clean up acres of space and like things minimal and simple would not break my back when I do it myself. Because the place comes partially furnished, I forgo the headache of renovations. I like the built in kitchen a lot and would forsee myself spending much time there. All the lights/fans/air-con are fitted even wardrobes. If you're intending to buy, then your unit might be fully furnished can literally walk in with a bag. I have not seen another development till date offering this package this place just spoke to me when I viewed it. Also because its strata the exterior is maintained by the developer overseen by the resident committee. Which is good with concrete plans to freshen the facade every few years with new paint for every house, garden, maintenance repairs etc. Again individual houses on fully freehold titles in comparison may choose not to do that and may end up again pulling down the house value in the neighborhood.

As for quality, the finishing imho is of high standard and rectification works for me are very minor. I am quite happy with the built in kitchen really! and the materials used all round is not bad at all, though I would suggest doing something about those 'incomplete concrete' looking steps, avantgarde yes but a tad too 'underwhelming'.

As for the cons, its far from amenities vs. HH. You MUST have your own car because its not very accessible by public transport (unless cabs). There are people who feel insecure about the road leading towards LF.This is the current situation you must be ok with now (of cos there are talks about future plans which I think we all ignore. if it becomes a reality, 2 thumbs up). In terms of amenities HH will be a better bet. Personally, I do not see it as a biggie as I do my grocery shopping once a week also forces me to plan properly. Also, somethings I can't get in JB anyway (like fresh prosciutto, boutique wines, cheese [buffalo mozzarella, single/double cream...] etc) and will do it in SG and then come back in so it makes no difference. Truthfully, the road in could be a problem so I stay cautious. Thankfully the road is a busy/semi-busy one because the PTP port is further in. Hope this gives you an idea of LF. Like I say definitely biased so make your decisions wisely! This is the hard part.

Status
Not open for further replies.