• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Way to go with the racial profiling, Sherlock.

Please don't take it to heart. Be assured that I totally understand how you feel as one of my Malay friends during NS time was kinda racist and wanted to pick up a fight with me by talking very rudely to me when he was with his group of Malay friends. How would you feel if you were in that situation? Hate all Malays? I just saw it in a way that he was just the childish one amongst the rest of his mature and peace loving Malay friends. I'm Chinese and after mixing with so many Malay friends during NS, I really like Malay's culture. I think Malays are generally peace-loving and down-to-earth, they are fun loving and always crack the best jokes. With them around, you'll lose your frown.

I'm sure every human beings had said something which affected others and not even realizing it. Most of the time we don't mean it at all. We are all imperfect.
When people we know make mistakes, we have a lot of tolerance and give leeway. If we can use this character towards strangers, I believe there'll be lesser hatred in this world. Again, hope you don't take it to heart :smile: Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend my friend. World Peace! :biggrin:

Just to add, I see that it is good to have you around to watch what we say and constantly reminding us to be more mindful about what we say =)

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Way to go with the racial profiling, Sherlock.
Please don't take it to heart. Be assured that I totally understand how you feel as one of my Malay friends during NS time was kinda racist and wanted to pick up a fight with me by talking very rudely to me when he was with his group of Malay friends. How would you feel if you were in that situation? Hate all Malays? I just saw it in a way that he was just the childish one amongst the rest of his mature and peace loving Malay friends. I'm Chinese and after mixing with so many Malay friends during NS, I really like Malay's culture. I think Malays are generally peace-loving and down-to-earth, they are fun loving and always crack the best jokes. With them around, you'll lose your frown. I'm sure every human beings had said something which affect others and not even realizing it. Most of the time we don't even mean it. We are all imperfect.When people we know make mistakes, we have a lot of tolerance and give leeway. If we can use this character towards strangers, I believe there'll be lesser hatred in this world. Again, hope you don't take it to heart :smile: Have a great Friday and enjoy your weekend my friend. World Peace! :biggrin:
Nicely said/written Bro Investor. A little tolerance shown goes a long way. My experience with the Malays is if respect is shown it is returned as would with any race. Bro Batok, forget it, it's a small misunderstanding. Let's move on boleh :smile:

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
A little tolerance on whose part please?
If its from me than please go ahead.
Spew all the bigotry you guys want.
I will try not take heart.
Lots of apologists here willing to chalk it up to
"Humans are not perfect" rather than put such posters to task.

Question keeps nagging me tough..
If Malays are bad why move here?

Last edited:

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
A little tolerance on whose part please?If its from me than please go ahead.Spew all the bigotry you guys want.I will try not take heart.Lots of apologists here willing to chalk it up to"Humans are not perfect" rather than put such posters to task.Question keeps nagging me tough..If Malays are bad why move here?
Didn't realised when put one after another it can be racial profiling .Am sorry if it I offend malay forumer here . It was my wrong choice of word to ask for race. Perhaps, should have just asked which unit ? It's meant for me to keep a look out and to get the kids to keep away since the bully stay nearby. When I mentioned "Having such neighbour is a real headache" I am referring to the bully behavoiur, doesn't mean a malay neighbour is a headache.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A little tolerance on whose part please?
If its from me than please go ahead.
Spew all the bigotry you guys want.
I will try not take heart.
Lots of apologists here willing to chalk it up to
"Humans are not perfect" rather than put such posters to task.

Question keeps nagging me tough..
If Malays are bad why move here?

I think what you've said was fair. The poster has the responsibility to either explain or apologize, luckily he did both. Peace.

Last edited:

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its like that with foreigners bro. In Singapore insurance company also do this to foreigners. Got one insurance agent told me some foreigner buy big amount this month, next month medical reports in their country states heart attack. So have to be very careful about foreigners.

I can verify that it is Not quite true.

I'm Malaysian, living in Singapore. Took MRTA, had to undergo medical exam including blood, urine test, threadmill, ECG, chest X-ray, etc...
This is far more comprehensive than the mortgage insurance I just got this month as well for another property in Singapore, here only blood test and urine, 15-20mins over but the one in Malaysia took almost two hours to complete ... and the value of mortgage in Singapore is far in excess than the ones in Malaysia! Luckily all cleared! :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your kind of filter both my sisters are using it, in Singapore. The lime material filter is pretty small and will break after extensive washing. So it is only suitable for consumptions and not for the whole house that include bathing and washing of clothes. For these I use the volcanic ash one.

The filter systems that I'm using, I get it at Sutera Mall. I think 2nd floor if I remember correctly.

Yeah. Diamond is very expensive. Not worth the money as compared to yours.

Oic you filter the water used for washing too. Hehe after a few days of using the new filter, I am getting lazy to boil the water before drinking. Come to think of it, may be boiling will remove the alkaline or ion in the water?! :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got the township to clear up some grass that were growing in some houses that are empty (owners not moved in)
Got the clubhouse to rectify some of the places that i felt unsafe, like putting planters or potted plants at a staircase
near the tennis court.
Helped bros with some of their electrical and water needs. More questions are coming in fast now on what to buy and
rental yield rather than whether its safe to buy.

Wow you managed to get them to clear up grass in empty houses, that is very good for the estate value! Unkempt garden really unsightly and scare off prospective buyer.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Speaking of mooncakes, both HH and Nusa Duta recently had a mooncake event. Rainy day but turn out wasn't too bad. Lots of food and the one at HH even had taekwando and clown events as well as the setting off of "kong ming deng"

I didnt attend the Nusa Duta event but it is such a nice gesture of the property developer to call up and reserve a box of moon cake for each buyer. Never heard from the Spore developers after signing the purchase option, only heard from the lawyer for payments :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
To bros who are keen to get the shower filter for chloride at Vivocity (Self fix), i bought 2 last time, have to be careful about over tightening the cap after you insert the filter as i found that it was very brittle and broke easily. Btw, Self fix has a lot of exotic stuff that you can't find elsewhere easily. Not cheap though.

Oh so you have used the shower filter at Vivocity self fix before, is it good? How long the filter last? Is it easy to fix? Is it $59 or $89, I forgot the price. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Peace be to all. :smile: Its finally the weekend

Wife and i had a restful day today, took her out shopping, sight seeing and massage. Just don't feel so well lately, probably not sleeping well because of additional work coming in.
Lost balance and had a bad fall the other day so pain all over. As dim as this candle may burn (and i don't know when it will go out) but i still see and have hope in people to do the right thing.

Btw, its amazing but seems like even Mr Lee has seen the light.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hey ginfreely, definitely better, had less allergic reaction after i installed it. Its a little flimsy though, one side of it where you screw in the filter, so have to be careful with the cap. $59 i believe.
The water definitely felt different. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The Osim filter is good for removing chlorine etc, not those type of filter that provide alkaline water, so it is for different purpose lor :smile:

I use it mainly for drinking and cooking purposes only, else i just use unfiltered for all other purposes.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your kind of filter both my sisters are using it, in Singapore. The lime material filter is pretty small and will break after extensive washing. So it is only suitable for consumptions and not for the whole house that include bathing and washing of clothes. For these I use the volcanic ash one.The filter systems that I'm using, I get it at Sutera Mall. I think 2nd floor if I remember correctly.Yeah. Diamond is very expensive. Not worth the money as compared to yours.
This is the place at Sutera Mall - IDE IDEALLEX Level3 L3-230. There are also branches at TESCO Bukit Indah, TESCO Tebrau City, DANGA City Mall.Website:- www.ide2u.com / www.ide.my

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't realised when put one after another it can be racial profiling .Am sorry if it I offend malay forumer here . It was my wrong choice of word to ask for race. Perhaps, should have just asked which unit ? It's meant for me to keep a look out and to get the kids to keep away since the bully stay nearby. When I mentioned "Having such neighbour is a real headache" I am referring to the bully behavoiur, doesn't mean a malay neighbour is a headache.

Ok. we cool now.
Wanted to contribute to filter discussion before I got sidetracked.

Water Filter.
Saw some huge tanklike installations outside a few houses. But after thinking thru it,
I gather the best is a faucet filter.
1. Its installed right at the very end of the supply chain.
2. Bypass feature so you can choose to filter only for potable needs.

Quite a few selection of faucet filters here in Johore and Spore diy shops and big marts. I am not into those brands claiming dubious health benefits, zooming in only on reputable brands offering straight water filtering properties.

1. Panasonic PJ-225R. Price RM119. Made in Japan. Old model but cheapest so far. Filter canister lasts 700 litres. Replacement Filter price RM28 for 2pcs. Canister has little see thru window. New model Japanese made faucet filters cost about $300 and above.

2. Waterpik by instapure. Brand known for water implements. $79 and above. Available at best Denki. Most attractive design. For those those with stylo mylo kitchen don't want to spoil the sleek lines with white plastic blob hanging off the sink tap, the F8 is your answer. Nice chrome look to match your tap.

3. Gurgle by Hyflux. $100 in Sing and RM250 in My (no arbitrage opportunity). Replacement canister $46. Lasts 1200 litres. After all water filtration is Hyflux' raison d'etre, they don't do anything else. Proprietary membrane tech. Your best bet.

For best results run water thru the filters a few sec before filling your jug or kettle everytime. (Water collects at the canister). If going on holiday, unscrew canister, put in ziplock bag and keep in fridge (not freezer).

Another topic..
The top of the line Astro subscription.

If you are thinking of subscribing or upgrading to Astro Beyond PVR. You get HD and a recording settop box that allows you to record 2 channels or watch 1 channel while rec another channel at the same time.
BUT, the big but they don't tell you at signup is, they need to run 2 coax cables from dish to your settop. Most households have been wired with only a single coax run.

Just a heads up so you can factor this in your home reno wiring, else engage comms contractor to install diplexors and such if you have already moved in and don't want ugly wiring on your wall.

Last edited:

idwish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello All:

I am seriously considering to move to JB, can someone recommend a good development with security (perhap terrace or semi) that are price around RM500K? Obviously HH is out of reach for me as it is too expensive ...Any suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated. Any that are nearer to 2nd link would be ideal as I work near Jurong. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.