• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
I celebrating from jb..
Uin jb or spore bro?

Bro,
I left JB yesterday. Went in on Friday nite to sleep over to avoid the sat morning jam.
In the end still kenna 1 hr between sg custom & My Ciq.

Good for you man.. enjoy your stay..
One thing I agree with folks here is that Tesco bar code pricing is at times faulty.. but to benefit of consumers.. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
U remember man i posted about it some time ago...?

Faulty to our advantage thats right....

Today i saw same brand of chips same weight different price

Bro,
I left JB yesterday. Went in on Friday nite to sleep over to avoid the sat morning jam.
In the end still kenna 1 hr between sg custom & My Ciq.

Good for you man.. enjoy your stay..
One thing I agree with folks here is that Tesco bar code pricing is at times faulty.. but to benefit of consumers.. :smile:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice write up....

Gardening is so tiring..

The more i think i know about it the lesser i know..

Is this in a pot? If so much easier. If in the ground, can be done just a lot more work. They can be transplanted and roots are quite hardy. If in the pot, just take the entire plant and soil out of the pot. Spread out a large newspaper to catch your soil droppings.

You will need to have patience to slowly loosen the soil around the baby plants to dislodge it from the mother plant. Just use care and not break too many roots. Put back mother plant into old pot and top up with soil/compost and water. Pot the baby into another prepared pot. Keep the soil moist but not overly wet. Young roots susceptible to root rot if too wet. Also, keep pots in semi shade for at least two weeks. Don't want the baby plants to die from heat exhaustion would you?

Happy transplanting.

ps: I usually prepare the new potted soil a couple of days before the transplant. Mix good heaps of compost and soil in a new pot(s). Water the pot down and keep it moist for a few days then do the transplants. Some how I feed the ready soil will be less stress to the transplants.

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed mate..

U r living in jb too?

Please share more of your tips as and wen...

Eating the raddish, its leaves, the mint leaves, colocasia leaves, corriander, holy basil etc has been deeply fulfilling.

Apart from the chillies turmeric leaves etc...

The turmeric leaves are so fragrant.

The rewards are priceless..

Yes indeed sweaty and tiring. However when you see the fruits and vegs in your garden, you will soon forget how hard it was to begin with :smile:

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this in a pot? If so much easier. If in the ground, can be done just a lot more work. They can be transplanted and roots are quite hardy. If in the pot, just take the entire plant and soil out of the pot. Spread out a large newspaper to catch your soil droppings.

You will need to have patience to slowly loosen the soil around the baby plants to dislodge it from the mother plant. Just use care and not break too many roots. Put back mother plant into old pot and top up with soil/compost and water. Pot the baby into another prepared pot. Keep the soil moist but not overly wet. Young roots susceptible to root rot if too wet. Also, keep pots in semi shade for at least two weeks. Don't want the baby plants to die from heat exhaustion would you?

Happy transplanting.

ps: I usually prepare the new potted soil a couple of days before the transplant. Mix good heaps of compost and soil in a new pot(s). Water the pot down and keep it moist for a few days then do the transplants. Some how I feed the ready soil will be less stress to the transplants.

OK thanks , will try out over the weekend , hope to get more plants out of it , cheer ! Dont know what kind of plant is this , they are selling it at quite a high price like hundred plus , lor
Bros , I got a mango tree already one over year , anyway to make it bear fruits faster ? Need how long for it to bear fruits hur ?

Last edited:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok bro i get it... Ur using a MI FI

Where did u buy it? Price?

Mine is from Huawei, with built in rechargeable battery to bring it out.

http://www.huaweidevice.com/worldwide/productFamily.do?method=index&directoryId=5009&treeId=3619

Yes, Maxis is faster than Digi. But Digi speed is good enough for me (surfing, check goggle maps on the go bec I do not have GPS device)

As for the saying, pay peanuts .... do not get .... taps? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I am using P1 at home.

Overall, the fees to get a decent speed and quota, is costing me about the same as in Sgp. Although it is unlimited in Sgp, there are many times that I experienced slow connection. Fair Use Policy in practice but not spelt out in contract and advertisement :*:

TLPPL

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it my imagination or less hdb dwellers handing the national flag today?

100% not your imagination - CNA's poll says 81% will not put up the national flag.

Seriously, who has the mood to? Public transport fares went up just prior to N'Day, 3 months after GE there are still not much resolutions by the govt on all the ills from high cost of living. My monthly income tax just shot up 33%..... enough said, isn't it?

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought it from a chap who posted it for sale (brand new) in one of the Sgp hardware forum, cannot remember which one now.

Got it at S$190 in April this year.

If you are keen on this option, need to check for new models etc and if any better options coming up, esp with the LTE launching "soon".

ok bro i get it... Ur using a MI FI

Where did u buy it? Price?

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
OK thanks , will try out over the weekend , hope to get more plants out of it , cheer ! Dont know what kind of plant is this , they are selling it at quite a high price like hundred plus , lor
Bros , I got a mango tree already one over year , anyway to make it bear fruits faster ? Need how long for it to bear fruits hur ?

Ha Ha , I know it takes longer than 7 years...that is how long I waited when I was a young boy planting 5 mango trees ! I did not get to taste any when my family shifted out of kampong. You want to taste sooner go for macotting mango tree.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha Ha , I know it takes longer than 7 years...that is how long I waited when I was a young boy planting 5 mango trees ! I did not get to taste any when my family shifted out of kampong. You want to taste sooner go for macotting mango tree.

I think mine is macotting one leh , when I bought the little tree it actually got 3 mangos with it . After I eaten it , no more fruit for next one yr liao , haha .

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My son was in the garden with my mum. He came rushing back n said dad come il show u chillies, tomato flower n bitter gourd

Quite a joy to c em amidst nature n learnin

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, I just TT using Raffles1.sg at 0.2475 this afternoon..
MoneyworldAsia can only give me their best at 0.246...

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think mine is macotting one leh , when I bought the little tree it actually got 3 mangos with it . After I eaten it , no more fruit for next one yr liao , haha .

mango is a seasonal fruit....by the next season you see fruit again.
I also bought chicku tree from macotting. After all the first batch of fruits dropped (maybe stolen?), new flowers appeared. Damn, I rented the place out then ! Again didn't get to taste but at least tasted honey mandarin of Thai origin, not exactly sweet like honey :-(

house

Alfrescian
Loyal
looking forward to have my own garden..... can I ask u guys about gardening later??? I dont know anything about gardening....
wanna have basil leave and some vege/chilli/fruits for own consumption, is it possible???

Status
Not open for further replies.