• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if i have enough money i would love to have houses in HH, EL and LF as each have its good points.
I am posting the pictures below to prove that any of these properties are highly desirable... of course there are many other development which are nice and do feel free to share

The latest batch of Bayou Creek at LF is very very nice and not strata-titled. (JOGS, look at the Type C!)
640dd67781281_1_V550.jpg

EL is near the centre of action and Singapore hence high future potential but still have to endure a few years of lacking in amenities.
East-Ledang-Twin-Villa.jpg

harmony_EL7_siteplan_28.jpg

HH is the only high grade development that is ready as it is hence most suitable for people who wants to buy and live there right away.
a97e412b6fb34fcc83898cadad0afd3c.jpg

d881b56f8da44c6d996c09da372df67f.jpg

Next best would be Nusa Duta which is pretty nice and very very convenient + reasonably priced.

Last edited:

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually if i have enough money i would love to have houses in HH, EL and LF as each have its good points.
I am posting the pictures below to prove that any of these properties are highly desirable... of course there are many other development which are nice and do feel free to share

The latest batch of Bayou Creek at LF is very very nice and not strata-titled. (JOGS, look at the Type C!)
640dd67781281_1_V550.jpg

Agree, Bayou Creek at LF looks gorgeous! Would love have one too!

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
whoah, there are so many rich taikors here. I am truely impressed! I have a dream of living in beautiful houses too!

It is definitely good that most of us have invested our hard earned savings at the time when Iskandar is looking to boom. I definitely think there is strong fundamental for all projects to do well in the long term less the usual economic downturns. So it is definitely important we have the holding power to hold them long and see long term appreciation and have a peace of mind while we enjoy the life here.

It seems that when we have too many good choices and options, there is problem too! The problem is we all have limited capital. But this is definitely better than having lots of capital, but no where good to buy. We're probably all spoilt for choice.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Investor,

Yours at quite advance stage of construction liao.

They build from outside, mine at inner rows are the slowest, 15% (ie 35% cumulative) payment has been called for but dono why the land is still encumbered as in UEM's banker have not released title to developer. Sneaked into construction site over the weekend, brickwall is partially up.
The picture makes the place looks congested but actually it is quite well spaced.

I found out they use solid bricks on the outer walls, but walls within the house use a different kind of brick... the bigger blocks with 6 holes. Not particularly pleased looking at the way the workers lay the bricks, my dad's workmanship would have been much better than these Indo workers. But looking at those with walls finished ones they look nice. They do use some metal edges stuff in finishing the corners. According to my dad the outer walls have double-layer bricks, i could not quite understand but he seems to know better as this is his trade.

Haha so you still remember the location of my semi-d? Anyway I know nothing about construction and has never been there specially to view the progress of my units. UEM just requested for the 3rd payment of 15% for my semi-d, so the construction of my semi-d should be around the same pace as yours. So far only paid the first 10% for my other terraces.

Don't need to wait a few years for amenities, Anjung's Mydin HyperMart is starting its operation on Friday. Lifestyle Mega Mall next year. Stadium and Sports Complex in Educity will also be opened to public with a minimal entrance fee.

The houses in the pics you shared are all very nice, thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
whoah, there are so many rich taikors here. I am truely impressed! I have a dream of living in beautiful houses too!

It is definitely good that most of us have invested our hard earned savings at the time when Iskandar is looking to boom. I definitely think there is strong fundamental for all projects to do well in the long term less the usual economic downturns. So it is definitely important we have the holding power to hold them long and see long term appreciation and have a peace of mind while we enjoy the life here.

It seems that when we have too many good choices and options, there is problem too! The problem is we all have limited capital. But this is definitely better than having lots of capital, but no where good to buy. We're probably all spoilt for choice.

Yes right , JB is basically spoit for choice with our limited fund . Three yrs ago , we bought what we think best and as time past better one are coming out ... at much higher price though .

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello Young Friend,
It feels good to have something nice to work towards in life, compared to the thought that your hard work will eventually earn you only a piece of apartment in the air, surrounded by ahtiongs! Other than bro Wuqi, the rests of us who bought more than one property are mostly old people hence have a bit more savings. So you will do better than us!

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes right , JB is basically spoit for choice with our limited fund . Three yrs ago , we bought what we think best and as time past better one are coming out ... at much higher price though .

Hence it is all about timing... if one bought an older property few years ago and wants something more trendy now, he can sell his older property at a good profit and upgrade :smile:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha so you still remember the location of my semi-d? Anyway I know nothing about construction and has never been there specially to view the progress of my units. UEM just requested for the 3rd payment of 15% for my semi-d, so the construction of my semi-d should be around the same pace as yours. So far only paid the first 10% for my other terraces.

The other day pop by to see the Type E... i have never really seen the decorated Type E showhouse... surprisingly it looked quite acceptable although initially i condemned it like hell. No wonder even Type E are taken up. Btw... i have a friend letting go his Type30 intermediate unit phase 8, in case you are interested. My friend itchy now decided to buy a bigger unit donno where.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The other day pop by to see the Type E... i have never really seen the decorated Type E showhouse... surprisingly it looked quite acceptable although initially i condemned it like hell. No wonder even Type E are taken up. Btw... i have a friend letting go his Type30 intermediate unit phase 8, in case you are interested. My friend itchy now decided to buy a bigger unit donno where.

Huh didn't know that they have show unit for Type E. Phase 2 units are all sold out right?
As for your friend's unit, PMed you already. If it's not EL, might be HH, LF, ST, SEG or ND?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Young Friend,
It feels good to have something nice to work towards in life, compared to the thought that your hard work will eventually earn you only a piece of apartment in the air, surrounded by ahtiongs! Other than bro Wuqi, the rests of us who bought more than one property are mostly old people hence have a bit more savings. So you will do better than us!

Hi LeMan bro, it's certainly nice to have a dream to work towards (but sometimes I dream more than action), I even put a photo of one of the nicer looking semi Ds as my desktop wallpaper :smile:. Please don't say you're all old, you have already achieved so much in life that some of us younger people can only dream of.

No doubt investing early is good, but what is more important is how i am going to face my first failure in life, whether my first investment so far would turn out good in the long run is still uncertain, will it give me more energy to work harder or demoralise me?

So far, I have failed badly in my studies, entered a private university 2 years behind my peers and 4 years behind my female peers. I know it's silly to say I have failed in my studies, but too bad we live in a competitive society and our paper qualification counts when we apply for jobs. I only have myself to blame. I have also gone through 6 months of stress when I almost could not get refund for the down payment I paid for another unit which I cancelled. All these are little failures I have faced and I have yet to face big failures. What lies ahead is more important than what I have done now, not that I have achieved anything.

A learned acquaintance of mine in his early 30s have already bought 10 properties in a short period of 2-3 years. I guess the only reason he could borrow so much money in such a short period of time is because he has a good income profile. But after finding out from him which properties he has invested in, I realised he hasn't done much research. So what I am saying is, he did well not because he knows what to invest in, but because he has the income to support his investments. Of course he cannot lose his job!

I guess for me, instead of getting a high paid job, I hope to start a business that will generate good income for me to continue my investments. :biggrin: I have to be positive!

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm only in my 30s leh, not so old lah although not as young as many here :smile:

=) Hi Investor Bro, you're definitely a young investor and already have at least 3 landed properties (I can assume from your earlier post)! I believe you're happily married and have at least a property in Singapore. I'm so impressed by what you have achieved (sorry I have exposed you a little).

Even my part time ex colleagues who are around 34 are still queuing for BTO government flats. They are average Singaporeans, so I guess our generation and future generations of Singaporeans are not doing so well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Regardless of whether someone starts early or starts late, as long as one arrives, thats all that matters.
Like many, i was a laggard of sorts as it took a lot of convincing for me to come but come i did. :smile:

Its better to arrive late or for some fashionably late than not at all. I would rather be a 80 year old man
living here now with options than to be in 20s-30s and stuck somewhere or worse neither here nor there.

There are definitely bros who did well even in their 20s or earlier(respect) but also seniors who arrived after
50. Regardless who you are, it doesn't even matter if your next plans are for Malaysia, Thailand or AU/NZ.
The point is to have a plan rather than depend on the goodwill of our government.

I remembered an old story about a fish and water merchant, the water merchant basically told the fish to wait
until he comes back, fully laden with water from the stream/capital. By the time you come back, said the poor
fish, i would have been a dried up skeleton in the dust.

Many of us, no matter how comfortable we are right now, are basically like the fish, flopping around in the dust.
We need to do something before we get dried up (read: old) and gets tossed into the dirt like yesterdays newspaper,
might be still relevant but no longer fresh.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lastresort, Good on you bro, as long as one remains positive and undaunted by obstacles and presses on, there will always be a way. You can't see far ahead when your head and shoulders are always down.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I'm only in my 30s leh, not so old lah although not as young as many here :smile:

Good on your bro investor, young, capable and most importantly have an open mind.
Most of us are unfortunately too quick to condemn a place without even seeing it for
ourselves.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hence it is all about timing... if one bought an older property few years ago and wants something more trendy now, he can sell his older property at a good profit and upgrade :smile:

Definitely good for upgrading right now, asked my tenants the other day though how did they feel about living here so far? 2 told me they love it, 1 wanted to extend 1 more year and another tenant even wanted to buy over my units.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sometimes in life it's not the destination, it's about experiencing the journey. So many times people care about arriving at a destination that they miss out a lot of beautiful moments during the journey. Those who did the railway ktm walk probably will know what it means.

checkers

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha you probably missed it amidst the extremely fast moving thread since your were in moderation mode at that time. You would find it mentioned a few times in the 400 pages :smile: money changer remittance is the cheapest because you get money changer's rate + $10 charge waived if you remit above certain amount. I've done that myself. Just go to any reputable moneychanger, but make the salesperson from the developer give you a written confirmation of account name, number and branch.

Hi , thanks for the tip.

Are you able to recommend any reputable moneychanger here ? thanks.:smile:

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
More good news: Smart city deal to boost Nusajaya property prices

KUALA LUMPUR: Property prices in Nusajaya in Iskandar Malaysia, Johor, are expected to rise further as UEM Land Holdings Bhd and Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) plan to transform the area into a "smart+connected" community.

In the last five years, property prices had increased by 10 to 30 per cent in East Ledang, Nusa Idaman and Horizon Hills in Nusajaya, said UEM general manager for strategic marketing, Zamri Ibrahim.

He said houses sold at RM300,000-plus in Nusa Idaman in 2008 are now selling at more than RM400,000 each. Those launched in East Ledang around the same year have seen price increases of RM500,000 to above RM600,000.

"Turning Nusajaya into a smart city will enhance the offerings in the market which would see the value of the properties appreciating," Zamri said.

UEM owns 4,208ha of land in Nusajaya, a key component of Iskandar Malaysia. It is responsible for the development of five catalyst projects - Kota Iskandar (Johor state new administrative centre), the Southern Industrial and Logis-tics Clusters, the Puteri Harbour waterfront development, Afiat Healthpark and Nusajaya residences.

UEM and IIB yesterday signed a collaboration agreement with network system provider Cisco to develop an information and communications technology (ICT) and services smart city masterplan for Nusajaya.

Read more: Smart city deal to boost Nusajaya property prices http://www.btimes.com.my/Current_News/BTIMES/articles/uem27/Article/#ixzz1TMzA7DAE

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
=) Hi Investor Bro, you're definitely a young investor and already have at least 3 landed properties (I can assume from your earlier post)! I believe you're happily married and have at least a property in Singapore. I'm so impressed by what you have achieved (sorry I have exposed you a little).

Even my part time ex colleagues who are around 34 are still queuing for BTO government flats. They are average Singaporeans, so I guess our generation and future generations of Singaporeans are not doing so well.

Actually you are the one I respect, at your age I can't even afford a bicycle and you are already investing in Properties! :eek: Moreover, you are still Schooling! :eek: In my schools days, all I did was enjoying life doing things I liked and that was about it. Am really impressed with your character and I really meant it when I said that you'll be a high flyer by 30.

I consider myself relatively new to property investments as I don't have 10 or 20 years of experience in it, so far so good in it though, thus most of my investments are actually not in properties. Me doing well? I always like to compare myself to those above me and not below, thus I've never thought highly of myself. Hope I can also be an ultra high net worth individual one day, high net worth is really not quite enough if it's in Singapore considering the high prices in properties and luxury cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.