• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its sometimes so funny, people who diss JB at every turn are almost always there every weekend. Whether they U turn or cuss at the traffic, they still go back there regularly whether its in a bus, in a BMW or on a plane. Why curse and still always go at the same time? Makes one really wonder.

Agree.. thats why when my wife & myself kenna flight delay of 3 hrs for outbound flight & 1 hr on inbound flight, we decided that we will probably skip Tiger in future.. So far Jetstar ok.. may try Air Asia in future.. esp from Senai airport.. haha

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all, I've finally booked a unit at the hills after months of research and viewing.
I'd like to thank everyone, especially bro Wuqi, for your generous sharing and guidance. =)
Can't wait to move in to enjoy the space once the house is ready in Dec'13!

congrats on getting your dream house. i think by 2013-4, will be even more colorful than it is now. Several bros here will also be moving into fairway suites I guess?

lastresort

Alfrescian
Loyal
congrats on getting your dream house. i think by 2013-4, will be even more colorful than it is now. Several bros here will also be moving into fairway suites I guess?

haha yeah can't wait, though they are given 36 months to complete it, the contractors we spoke to told us they are confident of completing it in 18 months. :smile:

It will be more happening as many major developments around Iskandar will be ready.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all, I've finally booked a unit at the hills after months of research and viewing.
I'd like to thank everyone, especially bro Wuqi, for your generous sharing and guidance. =)
Can't wait to move in to enjoy the space once the house is ready in Dec'13!

Congrats on ur decision Rhino...

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jun 29, 2011
E&O and Pulau Indah in JV to build Nusajaya township

KUALA LUMPUR: Eastern & Oriental Bhd (E&O) has entered into a shareholders’ agreement with Pulau Indah Ventures Sdn Bhd to develop a wellness township Nusajaya.

Nusajaya is a flagship zone of Iskandar Malaysia.

E&O (via wholly-owned subsidiary Galaxy Prestige Sdn Bhd) and Pulau Indah have agreed to establish a 50:50 joint venture (JV) company named Nuri Merdu Sdn Bhd.

Pulau Indah is a 50:50 JV between Khazanah Nasional Bhd and Temasek Holdings.

This will be E&O’s maiden foray into Johor.

The 210-acre freehold land for the proposed development is 15 minutes away from the Tuas Second Link to Singapore, and is owned by Iskandar Investment Bhd, a 60% subsidiary of Khazanah.

http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScene/TheStarOnlineHighlightBox/12944/0/0

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
By THEAN LEE CHENG
[email protected] | Jun 29, 2011
UEM Land to leverage on Sunrise expertise and S’pore infrastructure

Good linkage: The future development’s proximity to the Marina Bay and future Downtown MRT stations will ensure that it is well served and easily accessible. — AFP

PETALING JAYA: The coming together of Khazanah Nasional Bhd and Temasek Holdings to develop RM30bil worth of real estate projects in Singapore and Iskandar Malaysia will help UEM Land Holdings Bhd make a great leap forward, both financially and in terms of branding, say analysts.

The tie-up also puts into focus why UEM Land launched an RM1.4bil takeover of property developer Sunrise Bhd, which was completed early this year.

“We believe UEM Land will be able to leverage on Sunrise’s expertise in lifestyle integrated developments to take on the proposed developments. As such, Sunrise will be taking the lead on behalf of UEM Land in undertaking these development projects,” said an OSK Research report.

UEM is among the top landowners in Iskandar Malaysia, with 1,300 acres of development land in the southern economic corridor. Among the several economic corridors spearheaded by the Government, Iskandar Malaysia remains the most upbeat and vibrant. In many ways, according to analysts, the alliance of the two government investment holding companies is expected to be a win-win proposition for both sides.

As a result of the Khazanah-Temasek joint venture (JV), UEM Land, together with Mapletree Investments Pte Ltd, have been appointed to oversee the marketing and development of four parcels of land at Marina South in Singapore.

UEM Land is the property arm of Khazanah, while Mapletree Investments is one of Temasek’s two real estate portfolio companies. The other Temasek property company is CapitaLand group.

The planned mixed-use development on the 2.62ha white site at Marina South would comprise two office towers with ancillary retail and two blocks of residential towers with a combined gross floor area (GFA) of 341,000 sq m, a statement from the Mapletree website said.

Located on adjoining sites behind the Marina Bay Financial Centre in the new financial and business cluster of Downtown Marina Bay, the development will be positioned between the proposed linear park and a major public open space above the Marina Bay MRT station. Its proximity to the Marina Bay and future Downtown MRT stations will ensure that it is well served and easily accessible.

Construction works are expected to commence in June 2012 with completion estimated in mid-2016.

At the same time, UEM Land will work with CapitaLand to oversee the Ophir-Rochor project in Singapore, located between the Kampong Glam Historic District and the Beach Road Conservation Area, in a new growth area envisioned to become a 24/7 mixed-use cluster. Like the Marina South parcels, the Ophir-Rochor parcels also have excellent connectivity.

By virtue of having Khazanah as an ultimate controlling shareholder, UEM Land (as with both Mapletree and CapitaLand in relation to Temasek) will be playing a huge role in this JV.

Sunrise, with its expertise and tangible portfolio of high-rise and high-end condominium in Mont’Kiara, will also have a huge role to play.

Hong Leong Research said: “UEM Land’s business model is primarily a two-pronged strategy of developing townships and niche projects – townships for stable income, complemented by niche projects to achieve enchanced growth and market branding. The bulk of its land is in Johor.”

With Khazanah’s JV, UEM Land’s opportunities have now broadened to include Singapore, where real estate is hot.

A UEM source said the success of Iskandar Malaysia is due to its proximity with the city state and its tremendous infrastructure, both economically and physically. Besides being a service and financial hub, it has an integrated transport system and other infrastructures like no other in South-East Asia.

“We are leveraging on Singapore’s tremendous connectivity. When we sell Iskandar, potential investors always ask – how many flights do we have in Iskandar Malaysia out to London? We ask them in return – how many flights do you want?

“The issue is not how many flights our domestic airport in Johor has, but how many flights does Changi Airport have? That is how close – geographically – we are to Singapore. Multiply that with the whole range of services that Singapore offers and you have the big picture. When we sell Iskandar, we are not just selling Johor; we are selling Johor and Singapore,” said the source.

http://www.starproperty.my/PropertyScene/TheStarOnlineHighlightBox/12943/0/0

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi to all forumers.. Does anyone have the contact number of a reliable mover for moving within JB? Thanks a lot..

I highly recommend Daniel - he moved us and many friends, and gives special rates when doing charity moves [donation of furniture ot charities in Johor]

see: http://www.puterim.com/joomla/index...-singapore-movers&catid=25:property&Itemid=29

Three years ago I checked with other neighbours and the price Daniel gave was cheaper significantly. Have not checked since then.

PS On another matter altogether: Mr Brown - Have you seen this?
http://www.mrbrownshow.com/2011/06/21/the-mrbrown-show-i-wanna-go-jb-music-video/

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Something is strange recently, seems even contractors are involved in some kind of selling of houses. Got approached by folks here who are asking me if i have contacts who are keen to buy houses/shops etc. Pricing they gave are quite steep though.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Almost Robbed in JB

OK people... finally CRIME has landed on me in JB.

This is at Pearl Restaurant, ie a coffee shop opposite the Petronas kiosk where you can wait for bus CW3. I took my usual routine of going there for dinner about 10+ pm earlier last night. As i got down my car after parking, there was a bespectacled man in 30s beside my car... looked like a typical family man. I thought he was waiting for his family to get into his car beside mine. Instead, he spoke to me in Chinese "robbery"... i still din't get it... he repeated "robbery, get back into your car"... then only i noticed he was holding something which looked like a pistol.

I finally came to my senses this guy was trying to rob me... i was not sure if the pistol was real as i did not serve NS... but my impulse told me to counter-attack. I was shouting like a madman fighting for his life as i struggled with him and we both fell onto the road. During the struggle he fired a shot... i heard only small sound with some smoke coming out. So it was a fake gun. Within the split second his accomplice has taken my wife's wallet and came to join him. By then the people from the coffee shop realised this does not look like an ordinary fight and came forward but the two has fled.

Only my wife's pouch was taken with some RM100 bucks within, no other damage, except a few bruises on my mouth, elbow, toes.

Looks like my car has attracted some attention and someone has observed our routine. Fortunately they were amateurs with fake guns, otherwise things could have been worse.

So people... be watchful when you are out and about. Imagine this happened near a coffee shop with so many people around.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gin, I just rent out my HDB flat. Its 1 month for 1 year contract. :wink:

Congrats on renting out! Can share what is the rental amount and where the tenant from? Err commission should be half month for one year or one month for two years, pretty standard rate leh, how come your commission so high?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

This is at Pearl Restaurant, ie a coffee shop opposite the Petronas kiosk where you can wait for bus CW3. I took my usual routine of going there for dinner about 10+ pm earlier last night. As i got down my car after parking, there was a bespectacled man in 30s beside my car... looked like a typical family man. I thought he was waiting for his family to get into his car beside mine. Instead, he spoke to me in Chinese "robbery"... i still din't get it... he repeated "robbery, get back into your car"... then only i noticed he was holding something which looked like a pistol.

I finally came to my senses this guy was trying to rob me... i was not sure if the pistol was real as i did not serve NS... but my impulse told me to counter-attack. I was shouting like a madman fighting for his life as i struggled with him and we both fell onto the road. During the struggle he fired a shot... i heard only small sound with some smoke coming out. So it was a fake gun. Within the split second his accomplice has taken my wife's wallet and came to join him. By then the people from the coffee shop realised this does not look like an ordinary fight and came forward but the two has fled.

Only my wife's pouch was taken with some RM100 bucks within, no other damage, except a few bruises on my mouth, elbow, toes.

Looks like my car has attracted some attention and someone has observed our routine. Fortunately they were amateurs with fake guns, otherwise things could have been worse.

So people... be watchful when you are out and about. Imagine this happened near a coffee shop with so many people around.

Bro Lemans, so sorry to hear. What type of car were you driving? J or S plate? They ran off, as in on a motorcycle or car?
Noticed that there were quite a few roadblocks around the area today, did you make a report?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sorry to hear about this robbery. So terrifying, you got report to police?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Hi Lemans, can you confirm the location of the Petronas kiosk, is it this one?
BUKIT INDAH
Lot 2595, Bukit Indah 1
Johor Bahru 81200
Johor
Phone: 07-2242628

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Going out for some supper, will swing by that area shortly and will alert my friends to be more careful.

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, Ginfreely

Yes i reported at the police station which was just around the corner. You know they have night market there on Sunday evening. As i was really tired and a little bruised, i told them i would have to see their investigation officer the next day as i have critical work to do. Even the local reporting already took 2 hours, for robbery case they have to report to HQ and the investigation officer makes a rather lengthy report. I experienced this when my car window got smashed at Carrefour Sutera Mall a year back.

There is little they can do, its just formality. Anyway they have their regular road blocks these 2 mornings i noticed.

I guess i have tested out the crime activity. I drive a rather flashy SG plated car and must have given the impression i am loaded. Furthermore our habits of eating around the same time at same place must have attracted some attention. So, low profile is absolutely necessary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.