• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last time they really hated us...... Talked loudly about how singaporeans come here and buy stuff/property and so on...... He was playing majhong.

He does not realise he himself is working in spore....

Last night my neighbour talked to me for the first time in 3 weeks after we have moved in. He english was like 'slang' and he is working in Singapore. I asked him whether he is Singapore PR and he said he was thinking whether to apply. No reasons for him to apply because he don't wanna live in pigeons holes. Harlo? You staying there Monday to Thursday working there and not to mention you are talking first time to a Singaporean neighbour?

Yeah. Pigeon holes. Smile! ( :rolleyes: )

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo how silly of me..... I used to always think the place in front of me is Caryota.... And used to wonder how come Caryota and Caranday together.... I used to think that you were in the precinct in front of me.

Now i know where your location is.... The one that is currently under construction and reaching finishing stages quite nice right? Just behind my alexandra precint.....

and its facing the hi way..

Did you ever visit the herb garden they have around there?

Haven't got time to visit the herb garden yet. Not enough time liao. My house in Caryota Square is still in a work in progress state. The lights are 75% up. This weekend will do the rest. Then aircon or the rest of the house. Then there will be paintings, curtains,...all done by my hubby, with my help of course. Then cabinets to come...Not enough time for everything, taking into consideration that Caranday Escher is akan datang!

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another thing .... the last couple of times street lights were spoilt ah..... no body bother to even complain to RC/MBJB. So we did it....

And the lights were promptly replaced....

This time bulbs have fused again.... I just wanted to see if any of the nieghbours would bother.... Sadly none have......

So i called MBJB using the number listed on the lamp pole....

Looks like everyone wants a good life with no responsibilities..... How much effort does it take to do this?

Helps everyone.....

Estate looks brighter with all lights glowing.... But some people will never learn....

Hi AP, I guess you speak pretty good malayu ? Seem difficult to speak to them in english leh , so we choose to let the locals do it , but I thinks the locals seem boh chap about this kind of things . Maybe you can help us learn some basic malay here by writing in simple malay in your disscussions in this forum leh .

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now you have really scared me! :o
Insects rule - see the Hellstrom Chronicle. But note well that Singapore is also termite infested - one lot came through concrete and ate up most of a room of papers and boxes that had not been opened for two years. This was in a luxury development in Siglap about 7 years ago.
Why worry?

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah one in every 3 people will have cancer....
in Singapore?

Do you have any study/report to support this AP? I have been searching everywhere for it. A friend who is a blind-stubborn supporter of the system actually admits to 1 in 4, but she too has no stats or study. It is terrifying, and so very many friends and acquaintances have come down with one form or another. My own brother had a brain tumour at 57 and after two very expensive operations, chemo and radiation, succumbed after only 9 months. The bill was astronomical.

Another Singaporean friend now resident abroad wrote to say "I am becoming more and more convinced that Sing is a breeding ground , everywhere you turn or whoever you talk to, C comes up. There is just something so sinister about it. When with sis in NZ, she is surrounded by old folk and not once did she mention that anyone she knew was struck with it, dying or died with it. I remember making this point with her and we were both looking at one another and nodding our heads that Sing is a real black spot, the hex of C lies there, so do not go back there."
And the cost ....! My sorrow with the NKF problem is also because they were planning to add, at little cost, a cancer unit to the 21 dialysis centres already in existence, and had negotiated to cut the average cost to patients by 30%, with a real possibility of reducing it to 50%. It would have meant so much to so many, specially if your 1 in 3 number is correct.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jason no man i dunno any melayu at all.

I am one of those people who never bothered to learn. Seriously .... Not jokin....

English im ok tho......

The problem is when we speak to them if they identify our accent to be Singaporean we usually get screwed.

So you have to FAKE IT.....

Worked for me dude...

Also being humble helped... Ego game la.... Make them feel good they happy.

Thats how i got my electric connection last year before chinese new year in around 3 days time...

What a relief? Imagine CNY and no lights at home? How to stay there? So many days of holidays!

Hi AP, I guess you speak pretty good malayu ? Seem difficult to speak to them in english leh , so we choose to let the locals do it , but I thinks the locals seem boh chap about this kind of things . Maybe you can help us learn some basic malay here by writing in simple malay in your disscussions in this forum leh .

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah i encountered a guy as well who wore a slang when he knew i was a Singaporean.

Why do they need to do that ah?

Seems like us.... I try to play act being Malaysian. They try to play act being Singaporean...

YEah but these Pigeon holes are worth a lot....

Last night my neighbour talked to me for the first time in 3 weeks after we have moved in. He english was like 'slang' and he is working in Singapore. I asked him whether he is Singapore PR and he said he was thinking whether to apply. No reasons for him to apply because he don't wanna live in pigeons holes. Harlo? You staying there Monday to Thursday working there and not to mention you are talking first time to a Singaporean neighbour?

Yeah. Pigeon holes. Smile! ( :rolleyes: )

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jason no man i dunno any melayu at all. I am one of those people who never bothered to learn. Seriously .... Not jokin....

Folks, if you are serious about living in Johor, pick up the lingo. At least words and phrases. Never mind if your accent ain't perfect - you're making a good attempt, and that is plenty.
Look here: http://www.puterim.com/joomla/index...s-the-whole-lesson&catid=40:culture&Itemid=53

"Instant Conversational Malay for Determined Newbies
I can gladly promise you that this will be the easiest language to learn and you will be sufficiently communicative in the shortest possible time."
Slowly slowly ... All Malaysians speak Malay, and this is your second or weekend home. Get a kulit tebal (thick skin!) and just keep trying.

One real bonus about Malay is the extreme compression of a whole of of meaning into a word or short phrase eg 'Boleh!'
And you actually already know lots of words that will come to you when you least expect it.
Best of luck!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur hubby real hard working leh. U guys make a good team.

My house quite settled down already but i choose to maintain the Work in Progress state lah.

Because i look ah.... Lots of things i wanna change/do/re-do....

But then where is the time... And then the whole hassle of finding the right person to do the job apart from finding the time to do the job....

The little free time i get i spend in the garden or just sit down and enjoy the property....

Cabinets you getting 3rd party right?

Haven't got time to visit the herb garden yet. Not enough time liao. My house in Caryota Square is still in a work in progress state. The lights are 75% up. This weekend will do the rest. Then aircon or the rest of the house. Then there will be paintings, curtains,...all done by my hubby, with my help of course. Then cabinets to come...Not enough time for everything, taking into consideration that Caranday Escher is akan datang!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Mallow thanks for giving us the stick.

YOur right. We must learn it....

Folks, if you are serious about living in Johor, pick up the lingo. At least words and phrases. Never mind if your accent ain't perfect - you're making a good attempt, and that is plenty.
Look here: http://www.puterim.com/joomla/index...s-the-whole-lesson&catid=40:culture&Itemid=53

"Instant Conversational Malay for Determined Newbies
I can gladly promise you that this will be the easiest language to learn and you will be sufficiently communicative in the shortest possible time."
Slowly slowly ... All Malaysians speak Malay, and this is your second or weekend home. Get a kulit tebal (thick skin!) and just keep trying.

One real bonus about Malay is the extreme compression of a whole of of meaning into a word or short phrase eg 'Boleh!'
And you actually already know lots of words that will come to you when you least expect it.
Best of luck!

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read twice in the Straits Times in the last year and a half if i remember correctly that for every 3 persons one would get cancer...

If i am not wrong i think i read it in MYB - STraits Times....

in Singapore?

Do you have any study/report to support this AP? I have been searching everywhere for it. A friend who is a blind-stubborn supporter of the system actually admits to 1 in 4, but she too has no stats or study. It is terrifying, and so very many friends and acquaintances have come down with one form or another. My own brother had a brain tumour at 57 and after two very expensive operations, chemo and radiation, succumbed after only 9 months. The bill was astronomical.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ur hubby real hard working leh. U guys make a good team.

My house quite settled down already but i choose to maintain the Work in Progress state lah.

Because i look ah.... Lots of things i wanna change/do/re-do....

But then where is the time... And then the whole hassle of finding the right person to do the job apart from finding the time to do the job....

The little free time i get i spend in the garden or just sit down and enjoy the property....

Cabinets you getting 3rd party right?

No money lah. I also remembered posting somewhere that my hubby very neow about their quality right? Got once pay them to do something, ended up gotto do it ourselves to let them see cause they say they don't know how to do, then still gotta pay them...:rolleyes:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/incidence/risk/

in Singapore?

Do you have any study/report to support this AP? I have been searching everywhere for it. A friend who is a blind-stubborn supporter of the system actually admits to 1 in 4, but she too has no stats or study. It is terrifying, and so very many friends and acquaintances have come down with one form or another.

It would have meant so much to so many, specially if your 1 in 3 number is correct.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am definitely against stray dogs. I am ok with dogs who have responsible owners....

And for irresponsible owners i have no sympathy.....

In fact i am looking at natural ways to shoo away dogs from around my place.... I had posted on this in the other forum.

I am also currently annoyed with one of my neighbours who lives pretty far from where i do. She has so many cats (lost count) and just lets them roam the roads.....

What do i do? I dun wanna advise her... Calling MBJB wont help i guess cause they love cats too?

in Singapore?

Another Singaporean friend now resident abroad wrote to say "I am becoming more and more convinced that Sing is a breeding ground , everywhere you turn or whoever you talk to, C comes up. There is just something so sinister about it. When with sis in NZ, she is surrounded by old folk and not once did she mention that anyone she knew was struck with it, dying or died with it. I remember making this point with her and we were both looking at one another and nodding our heads that Sing is a real black spot, the hex of C lies there, so do not go back there."
And the cost ....! My sorrow with the NKF problem is also because they were planning to add, at little cost, a cancer unit to the 21 dialysis centres already in existence, and had negotiated to cut the average cost to patients by 30%, with a real possibility of reducing it to 50%. It would have meant so much to so many, specially if your 1 in 3 number is correct.

Good Friday to one and All:biggrin:

Here's a link to the cat and doggy problem. don't know whether the plants are available either in Singapore or in Johor/Malaysia. The solution about toy snakes might not work if the kittys are like Mallow's clever kitty.....
http://www.cat-repellant.info/html/diy-cat-deterrents.htm

Mallow I read sometime back that STRESS is the number ONE factor in the cause of Cancer besides enviromental factors.

I don't know whether a survey has been done in Singapore but apparently Radon gas which is naturally occuring is also a contributing factor to Cancer. A decade back or so there were high incidences of cancer in certain parts of UK or in Scotland and tests were carried out and it was discovered that Radon gas which is natural occuring was most likely cause because of where the cancers were occuring. It can apparently seep into house from under the foundations of buildings ... gas being permeable. :eek:
So more buildings and therefore more piling works into the ground would probably release more gas then would be the normal cause of escape.
Life style is also another factor.... the constant stress of 'keeping up appearance' and chasing money, position and status are also factors though maybe not be conciously acknowledge ....
So I would think a laid back lifestyle i.e. not rushing around and worrying too much about 'things' may not be too bad. Mind you I said "laid back" not lazy lay abouts... those need a swift kick on the backside to let them know there are 'NO free lunches' Everyone contributes however they can, even if it's at a slower pace.

Please do not get me wrong, I point fingers at NO specfic groups, we all have our hardworking and responsible individuals who contribute to the well being of the group/nation. It's the 'FREE LOADERS' which abound across the racial groups that I can stand... Generalising about any specfic group is wrong and SHOULD NOT be impliedly tolerated. We start doing that, we have real life examples of where this leads to.....intolerances, misunderstandings and worst of all racial profiling. If that evers happens in this part of the world, all YOUR investement will go" down the proverbial drain". NO one is going dare invest and much less live here. So no capital appreciation and NO rental income......( sorry about the rant. I do get worked up when I see these kind of 'rubbish' being mindlessly put up in discussion boards to try and explain away laziness and lack of guidance given by those responsible .....)

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now a days none of my kids wanna return to Spore...

They happy down there in JB. Thanks to the jams they dun even need to come back for their laborious tuitions which were almost everyday.....

So yeah they are enjoying themselves. Away from the PSP/TV/Nintendo//XBOX generation.......

But they are doing online learning in a fun way.... They seem to enjoy it thankfully..

That is why staying away from they city is better. You get lesser of those if not eliminate completely.

rate race, kiasuism, pushing our kids, property, and wealth accumulation vs sit down and relax. I'd say that both as equally important. Gotta learn to balance it both ways. One for today and one for tomorrows.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice analysis....
1) Long way to go before salaries reach that level... in JB.... PR... doubtful and the other benefits.... No way Malaysia gonna give them that when for even Petrol foreigners gotta pay more....
2) They may just get a little more than 2k. Ofcourse the exceptions will be there...

Really liked the write up. The govt has a lot of work to do and this was what i had said several posts ago......

But then many dis agreed.... So i stopped talking about it

Well if JB can provide our 2 millions FTs trash with pay like 5K sing a month , give them PRs and all the jest our beloved gov provided them , I think Nusajaya got chance to be on par with SG property. If these same group of FTs come to JB , they might not even get RM 2K leh . Tell you wat , I myself might not qualified to be a Malaysian PR even I love to .
If I am not wrong our FTs population is more than the population in JB city liao . I think another part of the equation might be per capital income and citical population size which JB lack. JB city is as old as Singapore independent ,even closer to Singapore , look at properties price there , no where near Singapore leh

What happen if 10yrs down the road , you wanted to sell your property for 1.5M ringit , you are told that you can only sell to local Malaysian because your estate have hit the foreigher threshold of 20% , something like HDB got minority race restriction.

I too belive that Nusajaya property have more room to growth , but might not be leap and bounce lah. Have to tone down expectation especially after the recent run up .

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I notice when I went down to HH to check on the progress of my place, that under the roof bracings there was a sheet of 'tin foil' under the whole roof brace. The roof tiles go over it. Did a google and found that it's called a 'Radiant Barrier' purpose of which is keep out the heat that comes through the roof tiles and therefore heatup the roof space thereby radiating heat down to the upper floors of the house!! My question to fellow bloggers in HH, El, Lf, SP apologise if I missed your development out.. Do you have a similiar 'device' under you roof space ( I know it's in HH properties.... not sure about the others????) if so on very hot days, before you switch on the aircon on the floor upstairs, do you feel its very hot and that the heat is 'coming down' from the roof??? Because if it, Radiant barrier, does what it's suppose to then the upper floors won't feel as if you are being 'cooked in an oven' so to speak..... So it doesn't feel very hot..... Would appreciate all comments and insight to this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.