• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even Condos not marked for en-bloc are not very well maintained. A look at Condos at Tanjhong Rhu/Orchard Road belt/Bukit Timah/Upper Bukit Timah will reveal that. Your condo maybe different though.

Yes ofcourse there are those few that are in pristine condition. But those are amongst the few.

I have seen the condos there having tiles popping out, lifts taking ages to be maintained, toilets not in great shape with lots of unwanted visitors running around the toilets.

"I did not venture out of singland to the same crap here". So why are you complaining now? Signed with your eyes closed? OR do you think if you make a lot of noise the Township authorities will care?

Singaporeans are complaint kings and queens. Everyone knows that.

My argument = Opening bank book.

Where from does this logic initiate?

In the same coin as you called a comment "Cheap" can i also then effectively say your logic My argument = opening bank book cheap? Worse still your posts are cheap? What is Rm 546? About S$ 200 in a private township. You dun wan lights/nice roads etc? They have clearly indicated what the increase is for. And you know the cost of raw materials has been going up.

People pay upwards of Rm 1000 for condo maintenance in KL. Condo is a much smaller area compared to a large private township spread over acres and acres.

Maybe ur right... If they reveal their book to you ..... you would be wiser.

am almost neutral party here. Me thinks we all know maintenance is a component of monthly payout we are definitely committed to. I guess what Chillout is trying to say is the increase must be justified. Cannot swipe everything under the convenient excuse of increased costs. End of day transparency is the key. I have heard about some problems of title deed transfers in LF perhaps that sets of a alarm to be more cautious of the developer in general. Whether big money or small money, money is money. If the bank returns you only 99% of what you own even if its 100 dollars in 1 million, it is still money.

having said that I am also glad the developer is committed in making sure the overall feel of the whole area is not compromised and holds a certain air of dignity when one enters. i am very happy about the true double gating as well as segregation in the masterplan making sure the density is really low comparatively speaking. and am plenty hopeful about the future accessibility points and potential. have also made a very good friend out of one of the sales rep who's got a first class service all the way through and after.

Still I would take the developer to task if the money is taken and the promised does not materialize as I think it is only fair. =)

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
not your language problem... its just that layman like me dun understand nuts about all these investment thing...

searching Wikipedia:

DCA is DOllar Cost Averaging
basically find a fund you like, invest fixed amount monthly.
This way, when price is low, you buy more parts of the fund, and when expensive, you buy less part of the fund, and the total investment is the average of everything.

This one, can find easily in Singapore... and on your own easily...

ETF is Exchange Traded Fund
How does this work? Where can I buy such Funds in Singapore?
Or is this totally different from what you guys are talking about (since its mentioned that its a tool)...

Hangyong:

Just like buying stock. you buy/sell the fund on the exchange no middle man. ETFs tend to mirror whichever sectorial indices and are not actively managed therefore cheaper and faster to dispose or buy since no middle man. SGX main board lists some of these ETFs (e.g. from lyxor sectors in india, china etc). hope i got in correct, any person with professional training correct me if I am wrong =p

Chillout

Alfrescian
Loyal
"I did not venture out of singland to the same crap here". So why are you complaining now? Signed with your eyes closed? OR do you think if you make a lot of noise the Township authorities will care?

Singaporeans are complaint kings and queens. Everyone knows that.

My argument = Opening bank book.

Where from does this logic initiate?

In the same coin as you called a comment "Cheap" can i also then effectively say your logic My argument = opening bank book cheap? Worse still your posts are cheap? What is Rm 546? About S$ 200 in a private township. You dun wan lights/nice roads etc? They have clearly indicated what the increase is for. And you know the cost of raw materials has been going up.

People pay upwards of Rm 1000 for condo maintenance in KL. Condo is a much smaller area compared to a large private township spread over acres and acres.

Maybe ur right... If they reveal their book to you ..... you would be wiser.

Hello, we are not dealing with town council here but a service provider. A MCST do not just inform the residents of fee increase without going thru an AGM to justify and seek approval for the increase.

Since LF does not do the above, then it is a service provider and I have every right not to agree to the increase. If not agreeing means I am complaining, then are you suggesting that I should accept and just present my bankbook.

The area of a condo may be smaller but for landed property, all you need is cleaner to sweep the road, gardener to do the landscape, lightings etc. No painting (cost more than S$500k for 13 blocks of 14 storey), lifts , pools, etc to pay. Besides LF does not have a clubhouse. Yes material cost has gone up quiet a bit but it is only one factor.

Within my precinct, we don't have our own guards, no sewage to maintain as all owners have to built their own. Though LF has clearly stated the improvement work to be done but most of the improvement work is not within my precinct.

When we took over the running of my condo from developer, we went thru the accounts and found many cost charged to us that belongs to developer.

Opening the book to residents does not make us wiser but informed!!! I do not claim to be wise but I do claim the right not to be a SUCKER. If you choose to, then that is your prerogative but don't use MD of UEM to tell me I am a complain queen. You have your right not to agree with us that the fee increase is unjustified but that statement is irrelevant in your posting.

You love to go marketing and shopping, do you suck up whatever is thrown at you. So along the way in the future, your massage increases by another 20%, you will quietly accept when others did not increase?

My purpose of putting up the information about the increase is to let other forumers know what is happening in my estates and to find out if other estates are also increasing fee.

I do expect different views but not to be told what to do and being labelled!

People pay upwards of RM1000 in KL condo!! Are you saying no one pay lesser than that in KL?? For RM1000, do expect highend condo with top notch facilities.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ginfreely, the petrol kiosk thing was one of the first things i thought of but was quickly put down by a local friend. Its one of the racial restriction thingy from what i understand.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lemans, don't get me wrong. We are super tolerant and we love animals. I used to have a golden retriever too, only, ours was a real gem of a dog.
He never barks unless we told him to, he never go to areas that we told him are off limits and one time we told him to stand attending at the door.
From the security cameras, he only moved once to our garden area to do his business and came right back. He could have signed up as an RP any
day. Bless his soul. Our nearest neighbours didn't know we had a dog for more than 5 months until one day a silly flyer distribution guy startled him.
He got the shock of his life. I managed to record my dear dogs voice before he passed on and used it in my security cameras warning sound. Its as
if he is still with us, always. Even in my old luggage, we can still find strands of his golden locks, he (his fur) actually travelled the world with me and
my family.

My issue is not with dogs(or cat for that matter), its the attitude owner that can or cannot be bothered. Some just let their dogs do their business and couldn't care less, i spoke politely to a neighbour who let his dog poo and pee near by every day on my next doors neighbour walls. Thats not very neighbourly especially
if you don't remove it. Ceaseless barking, running around, these can all be alleviated if the owner bothered to send his dog for training, when i bought
a dog, the first thing i did was to sent it to school to educate it.

The more well behaved he is, the less of a trouble he is to my neighbours and ourselves as well. He came neutered which was fine in the scheme of
things but later on in life, his temperament, his behaviour and obedience (never threw tantrum) made me wish he could have passed on his genes, i
would have bought 5 golden retriever dames for him anytime to reward him. Not so much to have babies but just to make him a happy dog. If there really
is a next life, i hope he becomes a person and have a good life. We still kept his picture around, he even had a passport size picture taken, sitting so seriously
and not moving a dog muscle throughout.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro Chillout,

Peace to onto you brother and like your avatar namesake,do chillout. As i type this, the cool air this afternoon is really very calming, i love the rustling of the tree leaves. My dad gave me a slice of papaya today from our own garden. Man, sometimes the simple things in life are the most enjoyable.
Bro AP is always very helpful so i think he meant well. Thanks for sharing about that though. My maintenance fees ranges from 100 plus(low) to ,hmm 100 plus(higher part) RM.

Last edited:

Chillout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Chillout,

Peace to onto you brother and like your avatar namesake,do chillout.

No worry Wuqi. Decided to the moment I last post my comment.

Will ignore all future comments with regards to the subject. No energy to deal with such stuff.

Chillout

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Chillout,

Thanks for sharing about that though. My maintenance fees ranges from 100 plus(low) to ,hmm 100 plus(higher part) RM.

Bro Wuqi, the RM100 if for terrace or SD? Mind me asking the sft of the land?

Any idea how much is the maintenance fee for bungalow in HH?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Prof is right but i would say shops are still worth looking into, provided that they are in a local that would have lots of traffic GOING INTO your SHOP actual area or at least passing directly with an easy way/road to get to your shop. Lots of shoplots languishing in areas where although its next to the highway, there is no easy or convenient way to get to your shop. Always assume people are too busy/lazy to go to a place where accessibility is harder as they will just go somewhere else easier/faster.

For shop lots, it is not easy to access whether there will be traffic or not before it is fully up and functioning. It is more like a gamble. Either people go there or people don't. Take for example the shop lots at Sutera Utama. The road leading to it is so cramped. With the difficulty in access the place, contrary to the shoplots at Nusa Bestari area, which faces the main road, who would have thought it to become a success? I think the surrounding developments may be able to give you a clue of how it is going to turn out. But then still no guarantee.

hangyong

Alfrescian
Loyal
alamak.... another news of gun shot case in JB in the news... :-(

why this kind of news always make headlines in local papers one???

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
it depends on the property that you buy.

Current launch:
Horizon Suites: Lawyer's conveyance taken care (both ways), stamp duty, state consent on your own
Terrace at Hills: everything taken care (cannot remember about the state levy though)

Currently left with inbetween unit at the Hills. I wun take it because I would prefer a corner unit with more land. But price is there abouts lah

Hangyong, many thanks for your reply.

Looks like for landed houses, they absorb the costs. You are right about inbetween units left at The Hills precinct. Maybe should wiat for the next Precinct to be launched.

nusajayaphile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Nusajayaphile,
Agree with Hang Yong, if its to buy and stay though. 750k is ok. If its to buy to invest, there is still some upside but if its to buy and rent out, i would advise you to go for other options.

Hi Wuqi

Thanks for your valuable insight. I'm planning to buy for 3 purposes

1. Investment - so if there is upside on completion, hold on and rent out - option 2.
2. Rent Out for 5 years
3. For retirement home eventually.

What would you suggest are the other better options available? Care to share?

How about 1 Medini apartments or the Puteri Harbour marina facing apartments to be launched in July? 1 is 99 years, the other freehold, though.

aangsc

Alfrescian
Loyal
alamak.... another news of gun shot case in JB in the news... :-(

why this kind of news always make headlines in local papers one???

yeah, on sg tabloid sensationalism. I thought the news on new President candidate is more relevant as front page.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
He said to be pay playing computer game everyday and he will truely be happy. I am dumbfounded. I have yet to find any such job for youngster today. Professional gamers , does it pay enough to pay bills ?

Game tester's job, but does not pay bills. But it can be a start into the Game Industry.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can call me damn rude for all i care.

But you are definitely not poor.

If you were... you would be living in a one room flat and taking up assistance from the Spore Govt. You would not be buying a property here.

Remember the welfare measures are really suited for the poor in Spore. However they may not suit the sandwiched class.

So chill off and remember you are not poor.

Dun try and act as one.

There is no free lunch nor free sympathy.

Tell Pleb that as well.

First you called people LOSERS and now you accuse me of asking for welfare and free lunch! You are like PAP who kept calling citizen names and brushed off our concerns as asking for welfare. Such government deserved to be thrown out by the people. Even PAP realised this and apologised to appease the citizens. It is high time you get off your high horse and stop acting high and mighty towards others who are moving for reasons other than your own.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true that condo does not need to be diligent with painting every 5 years. All buildings are required by law to paint every 5 years. Can stretch another year or so if the condition is still good.

Oic, thanks for clarifying that...didn't know got such law, no wonder mine repainted in 6th or 7th year, thought HDBs are more diligent :p

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My in-laws don't. And still aren't now.

Hmm if they have no money then can't help it, if they have money also nothing wrong becos it is their money and they can do as they please....but if they have money and children are struggling then very easy to create tension and resentment lor...

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
All of our PMET jobs can be done cheaper, better and faster by foreigners so what happens then, everyone becomes entrepreuneurs or civil service??

Well said...there must be level playing field (don't even talk about preference for citizens like in other countries, although there should be preference), citizens who are not able to be cheaper, faster and better than FT should not be simply ignored and leave them to be unemployed or work in menial jobs. Everyone knows that entrepreneurs can enjoy big success (and of course failure) but not everyone is cut out to be entrepreneurs or for that matter, not all want to be entrepreneurs!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.