• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did the round abouts for bricks yesterday. Visited 2 shops one at Anggerik
and another at Kempas. Was quoted 0.37c per brick.

Not a bad price.

But what is bull lock brick? Yeah the shop i visited had sand, cement and the stuff.

May i know where in Kempas to get those bricks? I will need it for my garden patch.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am bad at giving directions but let me try.

As you exit Setia Tropika (at the dead end) turn left and drive straight. You will pass by the Golf shop in ST on your left.

Cross the traffic light and as you drive ahead keep looking to your right and you will find it.

The other shop is when you exit Setia Tropika turn right (at the dead end).
drive to the traffic light (another dead end) turn left.
Drive straight.
Keep looking to the right... very soon you will see the brick shop on your right.

But you need to drive ahead to U turn.

May i know where in Kempas to get those bricks? I will need it for my garden patch.

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah you are right. The grey ones are not strong. Some people refer to it as Hollow bricks. Not sure if they are hollow though. But i know they break easily.

The Red/Orange bricks are quite hardy and most reputed developers use them.

" bull lock brick " = those grey colour type , not as strong as the orange type. Good enough for planting , perimeter . But if the orange type is only 0.37cts , better go for the orange one leh !

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you mean they can remit more than the limit of RM10K per transaction ? SO far , all those I used said only 10K per trans.

Understand this RM10k limit applies for remittance to non-Malaysian-held bank account, but if you are remitting to Malaysian-held bank account such as when you make payment to developer, there is no limit.

But note that the S$10 fee waiver for RM50k is on per transaction basis, so if you're remitting RM50k to your own bank account in Malaysia and you're Singaporean, they'll have to break up the RM50k to 5 transactions and the $10 fee will apply for each of the 5 transactions.

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cant beat Bro Wuqi and the depth of detail he has about JB.

Hi Analytical Prof,

Pls dun say that you have also been as informative... great sharings too... pardon me as i was feeling very much like Bro Wuqi... tot buy the place for my parents to live in... not too sure if i make the right choice... plus hearing so much from the naysayers... turn around these grp of pple are asking my dad for the contacts and stuff.. even my old minded relatives thinks it's a good deal now... anyhow... i also wish to contribute so that all of here follow folks can unite and share the greatness of their new homes. BTW.. Daiso has a store in Aeon Jusco at bt indah think level 2 corner shop... everything in there sells at RM5... in case need something like a file or a bowl.. surely can find there... Meanwhile have a good day... cheers :p

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Analytical Prof,

Pls dun say that you have also been as informative... great sharings too... pardon me as i was feeling very much like Bro Wuqi... tot buy the place for my parents to live in... not too sure if i make the right choice... plus hearing so much from the naysayers... turn around these grp of pple are asking my dad for the contacts and stuff.. even my old minded relatives thinks it's a good deal now... anyhow... i also wish to contribute so that all of here follow folks can unite and share the greatness of their new homes. BTW.. Daiso has a store in Aeon Jusco at bt indah think level 2 corner shop... everything in there sells at RM5... in case need something like a file or a bowl.. surely can find there... Meanwhile have a good day... cheers :p

Daiso at Aeon Jusco Bukit Indah is quite big. They have just about everything you need. I especially love the gardening section. Very beautiful.:smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am bad at giving directions but let me try.

As you exit Setia Tropika (at the dead end) turn left and drive straight. You will pass by the Golf shop in ST on your left.

Cross the traffic light and as you drive ahead keep looking to your right and you will find it.

The other shop is when you exit Setia Tropika turn right (at the dead end).
drive to the traffic light (another dead end) turn left.
Drive straight.
Keep looking to the right... very soon you will see the brick shop on your right.

But you need to drive ahead to U turn.

Thanks Professor. Will go take a look.:wink:

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
My wife has been asking me to go there. Me the lazy one ...never venture there. he he...

BTW.. Daiso has a store in Aeon Jusco at bt indah think level 2 corner shop... everything in there sells at RM5... in case need something like a file or a bowl.. surely can find there... :p

Skippy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeap Cathy... even gardening stuff can be found.. i love the cooking bowls and cockery stuffs...

Prof, bring her lah... but must ensure enough cash... think only $ terms... got make up stuff like lashes and hair clips like a one stop place.. but then again seems like buy in SG would be cheaper as the conversion rate thingy... in SG $2 only... hmmm... gotta go check this out to see can grab good steal...

Cheers...:p

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Skippy thank you so much.

Congratulations on your new home.

Yes this thread is becoming a great place to share and learn. One of the main reasons i am ever so thankful to Wuqi is his sustained interest in maintaining the thread and keepin it relevant. So many threads appear and disappear. This thread has not died so far. Touch Wood...

And the main reason for this is Bro Wuqis efforts in painstakingly providing the information sought.

If this thread ever dies it will be a tremendous loss and hence we must support it.

Hi Analytical Prof,

Pls dun say that you have also been as informative... great sharings too... pardon me as i was feeling very much like Bro Wuqi... tot buy the place for my parents to live in... not too sure if i make the right choice... plus hearing so much from the naysayers... turn around these grp of pple are asking my dad for the contacts and stuff.. even my old minded relatives thinks it's a good deal now... anyhow... i also wish to contribute so that all of here follow folks can unite and share the greatness of their new homes. :p

29ers

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Folks,

Just to share my 2cts worth....

u can go to www.plusmiles.com.my to get the plusmiles card which can earn u 5% rebate when using the Link Dua (or Tuas Tolls MY side). Rebate applies if you exceed monthly usage of RM200.

To get the Plusmiles card...i think nearest toll to get it from would be Perling Toll.

Has this been brought up before? if so my bad.

just lazing around in quiet JB.

Cheers

Analytical Professor

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did not know this. I dun think it has been brought up before and even it has been brought up before it definitely did not register in my mind.

So i guess we should not get upset if someone repeats a topic.

Eg.... reiterating safety and security while in Malaysia is something that each one of us need to remind each other every now and then else we slacken up and become victims.

Thanks for bringing this up. Atleast it helps frequent travellers who use Link Dua.

u can go to www.plusmiles.com.my to get the plusmiles card which can earn u 5% rebate when using the Link Dua (or Tuas Tolls MY side). Rebate applies if you exceed monthly usage of RM200.

To get the Plusmiles card...i think nearest toll to get it from would be Perling Toll.

Coolsaint77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Folks,

Just to share my 2cts worth....

just lazing around in quiet JB.

Cheers

Thanks for that.

Btw... does anyone know what do i need to do to use the "smart" lane? ie for Tuas it is the right most lane whereby you dont need to sprain your shoulder to touch your card but just drive through

matix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi has a post about this... keke when i'm free i'll dig it out as i am considering as well... i think the answer is you need to pay MYR30 to get some kind of supplemetary licence... sorry about this half-baked answer rushing out

I think we need a "sticky" in page 1 of this thread. I have definitely read about this somewhere in this humongous thread, but can't seems to find it. Perhaps a "sticky" in page 1 with all important info such as this, as well as payments for electric bills, etc, etc. That will helpa lot. What you guys think? I am afraid by the time I move in late next year, there will be 1000 pages in this thread! :eek:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the least the regulars here could do is to come in once in a while and keep this thread alive and afloat. :smile:

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

My SG driving license is about to be suspended as I was caught for hand phone driving few days ago. The minimum penalty for such an offense in Singapore is 12 demerit points and since I already have 16 I hardly can expect any other result.

Since I have relocated to East Ledang the only two options for me are to hire a driver (a Malaysian with Singapore driving license) or move back to Singapore.

I only need to travel to the office at Alexandra and back and that makes such job rather relaxing (8am to pick up, 6pm to bring back / free most of the day) while I'm ready to pay ~1,500 RM for such arrangements. However, it seems quite difficult to find a person in Malaysia with Singapore driving license and I have no idea if there are any companies that might help to hire such person.

Any recommendations or job applications are welcome!

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
If traveling back home via tuas best to chk out IMM Daiso. Better value for $$ as it is only $2.

yes IMM is a better bet, also free parking (within 3 hours). i always swipe off all the $2 car charcoal deodorizer. absolute cheapest and effective. the wan chai char chan in front is also a good snack break place.

Status
Not open for further replies.