• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add on, people should ask these few questions when Malaysians or even Singaporeans say that Singaporeans are littering, speeding, and cutting queue when there is jam on their roads.

1. Have you not seen Malaysia plate cars littering, speeding and cutting queue when there is jam on their roads?

2. Are you able to differentiate a Singaporean from Malaysian or other foreigners from behind the Singapore plate car?

3. Are there many SPRs- especially Malaysian SPRs - driving Singapore plate cars in Malaysia?

I think already mentioned by a few before that Singapore plate car doesn't mean Singapore visitors. With so many foreigners around, cannot assume and quick to blame Singaporean to be the ones doing these. Just ask the Malaysian SPRs in this forum who are working in Spore, do they drive Singapore plate cars when in JB or other part of Malaysia?

Can't really blame Malaysians who do not know Spore has many foreigners nor blame Singaporeans who seldom visit JB to know there are many Malaysian SPRs in JB or Msia, but Malaysian SPRs and Singaporeans who frequent visit JB or living in JB should know.

Some published comments - food for thought?

Dump the littering habit - The Star Metro, Monday, February 24, 2003
"IT IS something most of us do not even think about. We do it ever so naturally, and only a handful of people avoid doing it. It is the first thing you do when you unwrap your pack of cigarettes in the car. It is called littering ... and it is getting out of control! .........
Litter comes form all sorts of sources, the biggest culprits being motorists and pedestrians............"
http://www.ytlcommunity.com/commnews/shownews.asp?newsid=5586

The other day on radio, I heard this news saying tour guides commented that a trait of Singaporean tourist being always looking for rubbish bin when touring overseas. Does it sound strange that Singaporean go overseas for tour will look for bins but drive to JB and other parts of Malaysia for tour will start littering? Time and empathy will not improve things if people keep assume and quick to blame the wrong people.

Another thing is the pumping of petrol, Ron 97 that Singaporeans and foreigners can pump in Malaysia is not subsidised, so foreigners are paying market price for petrol and if Singaporeans or other foreigners find it value for money and want to squeeze to pump more, this has nothing to do with greed since not getting any subsidy for it and not depriving any local from getting any petrol.

Lastly about the using of emergency lane or jump queue, anyone who have driven on Pasir gudang highway and stucked in traffic jam before and will know that even if the highway is two lane, another lane or more will start forming as people start to squeeze. Don't say emergency lane, as long as got space, there'll be a lane. Personally I have seen five or six lanes being formed and then all bottleneck back to two lanes.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Best is no conflict. Always take the moral high ground where possible and ignore the rest. There are too many trivial things in life for one to bother about.
Once a neighbour parked her car into one of my houses, opening the gates (which i had kept unlocked) and parking her car inside plus closing the gates after.
I politely asked her to remove but she repeated it, saying its too hot outside. The 2nd time, my dad locked the gate after she parked inside and since then, she
has not repeated that although they did repeatedly park their cars right outside the gate and blocking them. We just live and let live. Everyone is happier that
way.

My goodness, sound like a bad neighbour to repeatedly park and block outside your gate...

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
U R VERY fortunate dude.

Wishing u a very happy new year

I am also blessed with a good neighbour, who owns a car workshop! So when my car recently begun to vibrate strongly at higher speed he was very kind to drive my car to his workshop nearby and drive it back that evening. Now the car drives smooth and nice! :biggrin:Swee!

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wishing all forummers a prosperous CNY esp Bro Wuqi and all the old timers in this forum. Now witnessing one after another fireworks at my plce. Really some sights and sounds :smile:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHAT an awesome, fantastic start to the new year.

MY neighborhood and surrounding vicinity experienced FIREWORKS ON STEROIDS.

Fireworks with a vengeance.

I loved every moment.

Wishing everyone a wonderful welcome into the new year.

Cheers....

Last edited:

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wishing all forummers a prosperous CNY esp Bro Wuqi and all the old timers in this forum. Now witnessing one after another fireworks at my plce. Really some sights and sounds :smile:

wishing All in this Forum...A Happy,Healthy and Prosperous Lunar New Year....Huat AAh..

jerrycoaching

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Saturday, 1/2/2014, Channel U, Money Week Program, 10.30pm. They will be talking about property prices in Iskandar... Keep a look out! A young couple being interviewed! ahhaha.... :biggrin:

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks to mallow, visited Pasar Tani Mega,@ Larkin, must say I was pretty much impressed.

As per mallows instructions I was there @ 650 so got a pretty decent place to park.

There was fresh beef, chicken, fish, eggs, all kinds of veg n hard to find veg too.

I found teh tarik, vadai, laksa, burgers, appam, puttu, laksa, mee rebus, soto, lontong, lots of different kueh etc.

Was like a mini fiesta.

There was biriyani on sale too.

As time progressed more n more ppl came.

Amongst the customers were many Singaporeans too.

I found honey, traditional medicines, balms, lotions, susu kambing segara etc

I got out by 845am. As I came out I saw the traffic situation. It was crazy, mad n hellish.

And as mallow had predicted it got really hot by 9. Thankfully I was home by then. Hehe.

My maids joined me on my expedition. They forced me to buy some flower plants, brinjal plant and chilli plant that they liked.

I had bought beef, fresh fish, veg n kueh for my maids.

Thanks mallow. Lovely experience.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks to mallow, visited Pasar Tani Mega,@ Larkin, must say I was pretty much impressed.

As per mallows instructions I was there @ 650 so got a pretty decent place to park.

There was fresh beef, chicken, fish, eggs, all kinds of veg n hard to find veg too.

I found teh tarik, vadai, laksa, burgers, appam, puttu, laksa, mee rebus, soto, lontong, lots of different kueh etc.

Was like a mini fiesta.

I got out by 845am. As I came out I saw the traffic situation. It was crazy, mad n hellish.

And as mallow had predicted it got really hot by 9. Thankfully I was home by then. Hehe.

My maids joined me on my expedition. They forced me to buy some flower plants, brinjal plant and chilli plant that they liked.

Hmmm...must pay tm a visit...

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely Worth a visit.

Especially worth it for those who dunno where too find the above stuff.

Can find them @ one place @ reasonable price won't say cheap.

And imho no bargaining unless u buy a lot.

I may not return soon but I'll surely visit it once a while.

Hmmm...must pay tm a visit...

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
starbug kopi open shop at permas jaya petrol kiosk liao,just besides e bridge.. :p. kiosks fight coming soon...:biggrin:

Last edited:

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Was like a mini fiesta.

Sorry I might have missed this but which day is this Pasar Tani Mega? Asking because I thought Pasar Tani are usually weekly but I could be wrong...

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.