• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what? ferry servcies from kukup to tuas?
ok well established puteri harbour couldnt get spore's approval but kukup can?
and what to tuas? spore your playground huh?

empty promises after empty promises is the way to go!
but actually its the people who still believe are stupiak until mai stupiak!

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...apore-and-kukup-to-be-launched-if-ph-12092042

I dont tink jiuhukia interested to cheong sinkieland. Jiuhukia prefer playground like balai and batam.:smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
what? ferry servcies from kukup to tuas?
ok well established puteri harbour couldnt get spore's approval but kukup can?
and what to tuas? spore your playground huh?

empty promises after empty promises is the way to go!
but actually its the people who still believe are stupiak until mai stupiak!

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...apore-and-kukup-to-be-launched-if-ph-12092042

They were already planning to close Kukup for the ferry services to Indonesia (Tanjong Balai) as it is. They just reopened it recently.
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2019/11/07/kukup-ferry-terminal-finally-reopens

Not sure who would travel there just to get to Singapore as Puteri Harbour is much nearer than Kukup.
Puteri harbour is so much nearer but with low ridership envisaged was part of the reason why this was dropped.

Of course the new highway may help speed up a part of the access there.
https://www.thestar.com.my/metro/me...ompletion-in-2020-includes-extended-roadworks

Best is to actually have Puteri Harbour linking to the Raffles Marina there, put a CIQ there, their waters are certainly deep and calm enough but this will never happen.
Forest city folks already tried for this as a possible linkage but failed.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If i want to have seafood, i can take bump boat ride to pengerang fm cpft terminal. All the way to Tuas? No no for me.:smile:

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite all the negativity lately, Toppen's opening created a massive traffic jam around the area. Yesterday and today are especially bad, with many postings expressing frustration with a grid lock situation, worsen by motorists ignoring yellow box rules :-(

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Despite all the negativity lately, Toppen's opening created a massive traffic jam around the area. Yesterday and today are especially bad, with many postings expressing frustration with a grid lock situation, worsen by motorists ignoring yellow box rules :-(
It's always like that. Just wait for a few months. The crowd will thin out and situation will return to normal. You don't hear people complain about traffic along Southkey now right?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Thanks bro for your reply and addition recommendation of Batam. It's very heartening to see you share the countless advice, life experience and hardship encounters which you have gone through. Despite the 10 over years you have resided in Malaysia, it's very sad to see that Malaysia won't even recognize you as a "PR". I really do not understand why between SG and MYR, it's a one way affair. We offer so many jobs and "high paying salary" to Malaysians. They get to work in Singapore and to live and retire like a "king" back in Johor, while we Singaporeans suffer and work till we die in our own home country. I feel sick just thinking about it. it should be mutual beneficial that both countries help each other to live and "let live." There is one thing i don't understand. We apply for LTSVP at "Setia Tropika Block A, #10 "? This is a government place? Isn't there a number i can call to enquire if brothers or sisters qualify? If anyone else has any experience / success with LTSVP, please do share. Thanks guys / WuQi.

I think this issue is also partly Wuqi's fault. If you are in Malaysia for over 10 years, have businesses there, making money there, family living there, have residence there, and still don't apply for PR until now, its on him. Every country is getting harder and harder to become a permanent resident. U compare the requirements for Canada, Australia, US, 10 years ago to today. he should have applied PR 8 years ago. Or am I reading this wrong? Did he apply and was declined 10years ago until now? I don't think so.

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's always like that. Just wait for a few months. The crowd will thin out and situation will return to normal. You don't hear people complain about traffic along Southkey now right?
1573957162337.png

I notice that lately, it's not uncommon to see long commute time from Sg to Jb on most days (not just weekends) and for many hours, not just after office hours. Surely, these Sg cars need to head somewhere on the Eastern side. I must commend Ikea. They list the Sg & Msian prices for their products on their Sg and Msian website respectively. So for shoppers with cars, it's easy to do a comparison before deciding whether it's worth braving the jam and do the shopping along with cheaper groceries in Tesco/Aeon across the street

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Hi all, have not been able to come back in as i was overseas for a while and have not checked in at Setia Tropika yet. Alot of commitments to fulfill to family and business contacts. Promises made and kept even though i was really sick from all the overwork. Visiting loved ones in hospital almost translated to myself being warded.

Came back in this week and today when we took a bus out to SG, we were informed by the customs officer that we should apply for a long term visit pass as soon as possible.

When coming back in, the officer stared at us for a while but finally allowed us to come back home. I must say the security has been stepped up tremendously for some reason. It used to be police stops happening after 1.30am but now after 12am you can expect to see a few blocks starting up.

From Woodlands to back home, there was a very thorough check at the Malaysian customs for the boot, then a police road block at Danga Bay, followed by a police car stopping our driver (Perling highway, luckily i had a bad feeling today and asked him to slow down) and then finally outside HH yet another roadblock.

I intend to find some time this week to go down to Setia Tropika even if my health kills me. My mum was shocked when she saw me today.

its for this very reason I asked about the long term parking near CIQ. Just buy a used malaysian car, park it there, go across by bus and pick up the car on the Malaysian side. I try not to bring my singapore car across if possible to JB. I find that the bus is much faster. The system is set up for speed when u are going with those tens of thousands of other malaysians back and forth on foot thru CIQ. The hall is so flooded with malaysians going back to JB during peak hours, the immigration officers just push everyone thru. They never question me. even if you want to talk to them, they are too busy.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
its for this very reason I asked about the long term parking near CIQ. Just buy a used malaysian car, park it there, go across by bus and pick up the car on the Malaysian side. I try not to bring my singapore car across if possible to JB. I find that the bus is much faster. The system is set up for speed when u are going with those tens of thousands of other malaysians back and forth on foot thru CIQ. The hall is so flooded with malaysians going back to JB during peak hours, the immigration officers just push everyone thru. They never question me. even if you want to talk to them, they are too busy.
i thot abt this too. it wld be nice if citysquare has such services because they are so convenient but price cld be an issue.
and sometime ago i read that causewaylink has a park and ride program at tuas/jb side. i wonder if it's still available. https://causewaylink.com.my/auxil/media/Attachment_Press_cw7.pdf

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this issue is also partly Wuqi's fault. If you are in Malaysia for over 10 years, have businesses there, making money there, family living there, have residence there, and still don't apply for PR until now, its on him. Every country is getting harder and harder to become a permanent resident. U compare the requirements for Canada, Australia, US, 10 years ago to today. he should have applied PR 8 years ago. Or am I reading this wrong? Did he apply and was declined 10years ago until now? I don't think so.
My sinkie friend married a malaysian woman. Still cannot get citizenship. You dknt need PR just mm2h. The elderly qualify much easier. Its us thats stuck

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
And bro wuqi is right. This part of malaysia has a hardon for sinkies. A sinkie in sarawak can get extension from their immigration. No bribe no connections.

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heres some math. I calculate a 4% return on the deposit you need to put in for mm2h? So its about 2k ringgit return every month? A room is just anything from 300 up. You can easily live here. And the principle can be withdrawn at a later date. Can people with mm2h tell me the numbers?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Yes you can get one for under RM 5k. Found one which is lesser than 1.5k. Just park and ride whenever possible.
There is a reasonable parking lot near JB Sentral, besides the train museum and the new JB - SG taxi stand.

https://www.carlist.my/used-cars-for-sale/malaysia?max_price=10000
https://www.carlist.my/used-cars-for-sale/malaysia?max_price=10000&sort=price.asc

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Boss, you must have missed quite a few posts. Applied so many times, even using talentcorp but no use. Only MM2H is the viable option.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Boss, you must have missed quite a few posts. Applied so many times, even using talentcorp but no use. Only MM2H is the viable option.
i also thought about mm2h over 6.9 years ago but it's limited to 10 years and then subjected to renewal. it's not a pr but a long-term visa. what's the point of a non-permanent visa or long term visa which does not guarantee a path to pr when one intends to invest myr669k and above for a "home" towards retirement? and if the gov changes or rules keep changing the mm2h program may also be in jeopardy. what if they don't renew after 10 years? to me. it's baiting you to spend money there and then switching on you to tell you that you will not be granted a pr, which means at the end of your visa you either balik kampung to sg and try to liquidate your assets in jb or continue to be a victim (and sucker) by living in the twilight zone on short term stays and hoping for the best (which we know doesn't happen or exist) - i.e. economy booms, demand outgrows supply for housing, prices double or appreciate to profitability, rent shoots up, sellers' market, etc. even if you enjoy your stay and life is great there, the constant fear and nag of zero path to permanent residence and no sight to full retirement in ml can zap your life and mental health away. if you start to hear random firecrackers at night you will know your mental health is being impacted.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I would consider MM2H for East Malaysia rather than the MM2H for West Malaysia. The one for East Malaysia allows you to stay anywhere and the programme is much more stable and less changes than the one for West Malaysia.

Status
Not open for further replies.