• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
So will the culprit be summoned because he didn't turn up?

The guy promised the Police he will be there but didn't turn up, everyone waited until way past 7.45pm but also never turned up. Called up the Sergeant and told him i was still waiting there but in the end no sound no picture. I had asked my wife and staff to wait in the car far away while i walked over just in case as i went alone. Never turned up.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro DoA,

Congratulation on your purchase! I also believe Laguna is a good buy, it may be further than bukit indah/nusajaya area but it's price/land ratio make it very attractive. The key is that it has good potential for price appreciation compare to other projects. I have a few doctor friends bought there as well.

Good decision, better than getting a condo at ST. Trully happy for u.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi,

So sorry to hear about the accident. As a malaysian, i have countless experience of accident (haha, but not more than 10 lah), from my first accident at 17 years old and till now in my late 30s, i am pretty disappointed with the police investigation. Most of the time, they will try to get some kopi money from me to "turn the table in favour for me".... even though it is other people who hit my car, not the other way round.

Last year, my dad and mom were driving in PJ, a red Nissan knocked him from the back and my dad's car skied to the opposite lane where another in coming car hit him at the front. My parents were old (70s) and they were really shocked and traumatized, pretty much dazed at the scene of accident. The person who hit my dad from behind is a young chinese man (20s) argued that my dad suddenly braked the car, and it is my dad's fault. Luckily, there is another witness, another young man who drove behind my dad, said that, he was trailing behind my dad and saw this Red Nissan over took him from the left side and cut back in... and hit my dad. This young gentleman was very angry and he said he will volunteer and report to the police to be a witness.

At the police station, some how things were totally reversed. The seargent told my dad that he will need to investigate first.... and he hinted that my dad should pay him some kopi money, and that my dad is old and most of the time , accident happened with elderly.. and that they need to check their eye sight etc... crap. My dad didnt pay him ( he is retire but used to work as a goverment servant so he is scare to pay money to policeman). I assume the opposite party did pay the seargent bcoz on the following day, the seargent told my dad that he is at fault.. and my dad will be given penalties. The seargent claimed that my dad's car is near a T junction and there is law saying that if the accident happened within 30m from a junction, the car that kena hit will be at fault, and the car behind is not wrong. I was in JB and i couldnt rush back to PJ, when i talked to the Seargent, and asked him about the witness, he told me that the witness did make a report but his statement is against my dad! oh wow! So i quickly called the witness and asked him what happen, the gentleman first apologized to me... he told me he could not help my dad any more , bcoz the seargent told him that someone claimed that he is using hand phone while driving and he will be sermon , and if he testify for my dad, he will be summon to the court... etc etc.

I asked my lawyer friend to check if there is such rule that if an accident happened within 30m from a junction, the car infront kena bang is at fault and she told me never heard such thing. I told my dad that if we need to go to court , so be it... dont let police bully us but my dad, being an elderly, is extremely scare of going to court. In the end, we still need to let it go... accept the compound and let the opposite party to claim our insurance.

@#$%, crap. What to do...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey sis, thanks for your blessing. Yah, I think needs to give it 3-5 years to truly see it's potential for that taman. By the time my house completes, I reckon there will be much more happenings there. Drive around bukit indah, literally no land left. Nusa Idaman - limited. HH - many more to come but I dare not imagine the price. Perling - developed. Medini - more like investment zone for investors. So the way I see it - the next best bet will be danga and laguna.

Did your doctor friends buy earlier phases or just bought at this recent launch? As I have no neighbors yet (from this forum), it would be nice to meet them and make new friends :-)

Bro DoA,

Congratulation on your purchase! I also believe Laguna is a good buy, it may be further than bukit indah/nusajaya area but it's price/land ratio make it very attractive. The key is that it has good potential for price appreciation compare to other projects. I have a few doctor friends bought there as well.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg, just flipped my chair and puked my bubble milk tea. Why on earth I always thought u were an intelligent lady :biggrin: so paiseh now ... Haha. My apologies!

Bro, i am a guy. haha.
My friends bought there 2 years ago, they move in recently but i dont know which phase la, i need to ask them.

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
If one stay in JB, one can easily take budget air from Senai to Penang.. What a wonderful thing to do..

Agreed. The wonder of Budget Air.
Another tipping point for JB Home is the Iskandar Massive development, Uni, lego, JPO, Purteri Harb etc.
Not forgetting the big number of S'porean working in S'pore & living in HH, leisure farm, Bt indah for company.

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Living with the wilds...Bats, Snakes, etc. This is a package deal in HH. HH was once a Oil palm plantation.
Bats is also not uncommon in S'pore East Coast Condo.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.todayonline.com/Singapor...renounce-citizenship-annually-in-last-5-years

About 1,200 Singaporeans renounce citizenship annually in last 5 years
Updated 02:49 PM Feb 28, 2012SINGAPORE - An average of 1,200 Singaporeans renounced their citizenship every year between 2007 and 2011.

Of these, 300 were naturalised citizens.

But the renunciation rates for both naturalised citizens and Singapore born citizens were low at 0.1 per cent or less, said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean, as he gave this update in Parliament today.

Mr Teo also explained why some give up their citizenship and assured members that every application for citizenship was carefully evaluated.

"Every application for permanent residence or Singapore citizenship is evaluated holistically on a range of criteria, including economic contributions, qualifications, age, family profile, and length of stay in Singapore," he said. "The reasons for emigration vary. Some emigrants leave for family reasons, because of marriage or to reunite the family members overseas, while others do so for a different living environment.

"All Singapore citizens and permanent residents who own HDB flats will have to sell their properties if they renounce their citizenship or cease to be permanent residents. There are no exceptions to this rule." CHANNEL NEWSASIA

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro DoA,

Ya right , when his "suddenly" say brought a condo at ST , I was like huh ?

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the Singaporean can retired before 40s or early, if you can plan properly like most of the ppl here, you can rent out and retired in Malaysia or other countries which is less developed than Singapore, if you can afford to own hdb + house in Malaysia, this is better cos you work for it, this is why a lot of ppl in this forum did that, this is a wise choice, the power of strong SGD.

Most of the Singaporean want the best of both world, in fact every human want it, own a HDB & landed in Malaysia + retired comfortable before 40s, this provided you work hard for it, then you deserve it, doesn't matter if you are Singaporean or PR, do you think most of the ppl that have difficultly now really work hard when they are young........i pity those ppl we always mentioned, but do you find out the causes? perhaps they are not working hard enuf, lazy, attitude problem, enjoy when they are young, so they are what they are now, this apply to the whole world, some of them have difficult life due to some unfortunate things happen to them, government can help but not totally responsible for it, everyone complain about the high cost in their own country, this cannot be avoided as it happen everywhere. Talking about jobless in Singapore and cannot survive, do you think a Malaysian can survive if they are jobless? Mid age crisis happen everywhere not just Singapore.

Singaporean always complain about the high cost of housing and car, housing in Singapore is still affordable as compare to Malaysia from my point of view, unless you are talking about own it easily, a house is a big ticket that most ppl spend their life to own 1. Let give a few example how affordable a Singapore HDB vs housing in Malaysia.

Private house - is for the top 10 to 20% or rich Singaporean or foreign investor, so don't complaint about the price if you are just a ordinary Singaporean and you are not in the 10% ot 20%, in Malaysia or most of the country the top 10 to 20% exclusive house or location is out of reach for ordinary citizen, of course u can still own it in the hard way or with higher risk.

HDB - i would said a normal HDB (SGD350k) in ulu ulu places in Singapore is something equivalent to a average landed house (RM250k) in Malaysia (of course don't compare with those high end HH or EL in nusajaya la), agree the pigeonhole is small but the environment, amenities, quality and safety of HDB can offset it, not everyone going for Size or landed in Malaysia, a lot of them still prefer stay in condo in Malaysia, so is personal preference, they is no right or wrong for quality of living, HDB or condo or landed. A HDB is as good as landed in Malaysia, can fetch higher rental yield as well. So pls do appreciate the HDB system that the gahmen has created, especially in land scarce country like Singapore, no choice la, how i wish everyone can own subsidy landed in Singapore la.

HDB vs landed in Malaysia comparison based on installment.

HDB : Full loan SGD350k at 2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = SGD1294 (can pay with CPF)
Malaysia Landed : Full loan RM250k at 4.2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = RM1223 (paid cash)

30 years later, let say property price double,

HDB : SGD350kx2x2.4 = RM1.68 mil
Landed in M'sia : RM250x2 = RM500k

Both sell and retired in other country, so who is the winner? Let assume economic remain constant over 30 years.

Now you can see why Singapore have more than 80% of house ownership, and yet still complaint about expensive, i do agree is more expensive than last time la, of course the cheapest the better la, but still affordable isn't it? Singaporean will not complain when they can buy 2 HDB, 1 for own stay and 1 rent out to foreigner, ha ha!!

Most ppl think Malaysia have many option when come to housing, Malaysian pay like hell to own a cheap house in Malaysia if they are average, to own a RM150k house in ulu ulu place with not so good environment, the installment is RM734 at interest of 4.2% for 30 years, fyi most of the ppl bought at this price normally pay +/- 7% of interest rate in the early day, which the installment will be RM998 (no CPF but cash), those ppl in this cat are earning like RM1.5k to RM3k, the installment is like 30% or more of their salary, not to forget the family expenses + cheap car (said installment + all the car expenses =RM500, i doubt so cheap as the petrol easily cost few hundred, let assume la, furthermore few hundred to repair a car for those earning SGD is dirt cheap but is almost 30% of a average Malaysian pay). So tell me how comfortable a Malaysia as compare to Singaporean, some will still argue can stay with family la, no need to buy house, Singaporean can also stay with parents if they really cannot afford, i don't see what is a big deal to stay 5 to 7 persons in a 3 or 4 rooms hdb, it is quite common for 5 to 7 persons to stay in a landed in Malaysia with Build up of less than 1200 sft, those early landed terrace in bukit indah is less than 1200 sqft, people nowadays spoil with choice la.

Note: agreed HDB is 99 years lease from Singapore government, but a 40 years HDB is still worth more than a 40 years freehold landed in Malaysia, a 40 years landed in Malaysia need a major restoration + renovation and will cost you a boom. Whereas garmen will upgrade your 40 years HDB with minimum cost at so call subsidy price, even if it is a leasehold, i don't see a 30 - 40 years old HDB selling at discounting price at this moment, some end block and get a new flat with slightly smaller size and perhaps slightly ulu location, but this is a trade off for a new flat rather than you have to maintain it. Where on earth in this world provide half life or whole life warranty for house, yes is in Singapore at this moment. I doubt this will be forever, so watch out.....

You also have a choice to sell high and buy high now to get a newer hdb, i don't see any problem for a Singaporean. For newer couple, buy a new flat at less than SGD250k or less, don't expect 5 rooms, EC or BTO la, i believe most of the existing HDB owner start from small also, just like a Malaysian go for 100k apartment and upgrade to terrace for +/-350k in Nusajaya area, >500k is for well to do Malaysia equivalent to the BTO/EC standard for Singaporean.

Another example we assume a BTO or EC are equivalent to Horizon hills Semi-D, woW

BTO/EC SGD1mil at 2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = SGD3696 (can pay with CPF)
HH Semi-D RM1.5mil at 4.2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = RM7335 (paid cash)

Let assume an IT consultant in Singapore and Malaysia is getting SGD10k and RM10k respectively. So what do you think of the affordability of housing giving the example above, even if you earn SGD10k x 2.4 to paid for a RM7335 installment, is 30% of the Singapore pay, whereas the Malaysian is 73% of their pay. So the Malaysia house is not really cheap if you compare this way, is about the same for Singapore IT consultant but is a nigh mate for Malaysian IT, ok...perhaps Singapore IT consultant deserve more because better quality which i can agreed, of course some of them will still argue about the capital appreciation, quality of life, fresh air which i agreed if you can afford ........let assuming economic is constant....the affordable of housing in Singapore is much more affordable than Malaysia. A Singapore IT consultant can own a semi-D easily in HH + HDB (stay or rent out) but an IT consultant in Malaysia can only consider other cheaper option housing. Alright the world is always unfair, we have to accept that.

If you are talking about those Malaysia PR work in Singapore, they are just like Singaporean but with less subsidy (cos they don't born here and serve the country la, they have the risk to expel) and with the option to go back Malaysia if they want, in fact a lot of them choose to stay in Singapore. They also have to work hard for it. I don't see any different of PR or Singaporean except they don't serve the country. Those Malaysian live and work in Malaysia, they have to work even harder. Most of the Singaporean think Malaysian have all the advantage, they can also convert to Malaysian at all cost and let the next generation grow up in Malaysia and have the option to work in Singapore and retired in Malaysia like what some of the PR do now.

Those so call cheap labour commute dairy, do you think they have a choice if they can enjoy what Singaporean have, i bet some of them will choose to be a Singaporean, is just they born to be Malaysian and they have to face it, just like most of the Singaporean here still hold on to the citizenship but explore living in JB, Singapore only select better candidates to become citizen la, Everyone complaint, i would said Malaysian is the 1 should have complaint more than Singapore.

Just to share some of my finding after reading in this forum, it is very resourceful, cheers to all who choose to live in JB, and it is a wise choice.

Dear HH,

Not everyone is selling or renting out their HDB in order to live in Johore. After they sell, where are they supposed to stay if they find that they cannot downgrade due to HDB stipulations? Factually, HDB is supposed to be public housing but the prices are way out of reach of most young people right now. Not talking about rental flats here as there are different types for both countries. Compared that to in Malaysia where even though prices have gone up, there are still various options. Of course, quality, etc varies but public housing or low cost housing are still about 100k for single storey and for apartments, really even cheaper.

There are some sandwiched class who can neither get a HDB loan nor enjoy some of the grants, bringing this up since you said your father did not use his medical entitlement. Its rare for one who can do without it for so long, while i do congratulate your dad on his health and may this long continue, it may not apply to the majority of people who need it one time or another. Not everyone is as healthy/hardy.

Lets just say a lot of SG dads have less than what your dad has. There are more than a few people i know who are living from hand to mouth in Singapore and some cannot even find jobs. My relative has 2 sons and they have been jobless for the last 6 months. The local jobmarket in Malaysia is very well protected as compared.

Many locals i spoke to do not share your dad's enthusiasm for work though and these include my staff. I have more than a few staff, some even single mothers who specifically requested part time work so that they can spend more time with their kids.

Not all Malaysians who work in Singapore are working menial or bus driver jobs, lets not belittle them as there are more than a few who do well in SG. Quite a few of them have even managed to buy HDBs (at unsubsidized prices like you point out) and even private housing. Hard earned savings can be wiped out in an amazing instance during ill health or during times of prolonged/chronic illnesses. Where their people have medical coverage, those in SG needs to depend on their own savings/cpf(medisave/shield) to cover. Who can they turn to in times of need?

I would beg to differ on this statement:
"Now Malaysians cant stay in Singapore to work without a proper work permit. Singaporeans like me for example can stay 1 month in Malaysia without proper permits, come out and stay chop passports and return to stay in Malaysia again. I can sell my Singapore house for RM 1 million and choose to stay in Malaysia permanently if Singapore economy busted or stay in Singapore permanently if Malaysia bumiputras decide to run wild asking to bathe in Chinese blood like how their Home Minister has done a few years back on stage."

Singapore and Malaysia have a reciprocal agreement where they can each stay 30 days on tourist visa since you are mentioning your own example where you are staying in Malaysia for 30 days. For social visit, there are even extension possible.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=180

Your above statement stated for work though, the same goes for Singaporeans if they wish to work in Malaysia. Malaysians can both stay as visitors and work plus now Singapore also have a reciprocal MACS like system (E-IACS in its latest iteration) for them.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/passes-visas/Pages/eiacs.aspx

Local firms in Malaysia need to fulfill many stringent regulations in order to even be considered to employ foreigners even like from Singapore.

Malaysians who have PR cannot stay in Singapore permanently should there really be a blood bath? There are lots of people here who have houses and HDB in Singapore, if they cannot stay in Singapore permanently, please help to redefine the concept of HDB ownership as well as the term Permanent Residence for everyone.

There were race riots in Singapore in 1950, 1964 and 1969. Things have since changed, these days people have houses and cars. There are more things for everyone to lose than just rioting and burning when some of the companies, store, houses and vehicles are their own. Can you point us to proof or government policy to show that Singapore custom will stop Malaysians from Johore entering Singapore if KL/Selangor erupts in riots?

Even if customs were to stop people at the causeway, there are lots of common areas between both countries where people can cross easily by boat and even swimming. Do they shoot civilians from another country (and not at war) who are seeking asylum?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
i didnt bother to read finish your whole post , conclusion u must be a foreign ELITE to say SG is stii affordable to have car and house. Not that we wan to retire in 40s. we just hope that we dun have to wipe tables or clear rubbish when we are in our 60s!!!!

Most of the Singaporean can retired before 40s or early, if you can plan properly like most of the ppl here, you can rent out and retired in Malaysia or other countries which is less developed than Singapore, if you can afford to own hdb + house in Malaysia, this is better cos you work for it, this is why a lot of ppl in this forum did that, this is a wise choice, the power of strong SGD.

Most of the Singaporean want the best of both world, in fact every human want it, own a HDB & landed in Malaysia + retired comfortable before 40s, this provided you work hard for it, then you deserve it, doesn't matter if you are Singaporean or PR, do you think most of the ppl that have difficultly now really work hard when they are young........i pity those ppl we always mentioned, but do you find out the causes? perhaps they are not working hard enuf, lazy, attitude problem, enjoy when they are young, so they are what they are now, this apply to the whole world, some of them have difficult life due to some unfortunate things happen to them, government can help but not totally responsible for it, everyone complain about the high cost in their own country, this cannot be avoided as it happen everywhere. Talking about jobless in Singapore and cannot survive, do you think a Malaysian can survive if they are jobless? Mid age crisis happen everywhere not just Singapore.

Singaporean always complain about the high cost of housing and car, housing in Singapore is still affordable as compare to Malaysia from my point of view, unless you are talking about own it easily, a house is a big ticket that most ppl spend their life to own 1. Let give a few example how affordable a Singapore HDB vs housing in Malaysia.

Private house - is for the top 10 to 20% or rich Singaporean or foreign investor, so don't complaint about the price if you are just a ordinary Singaporean and you are not in the 10% ot 20%, in Malaysia or most of the country the top 10 to 20% exclusive house or location is out of reach for ordinary citizen, of course u can still own it in the hard way or with higher risk.

HDB - i would said a normal HDB (SGD350k) in ulu ulu places in Singapore is something equivalent to a average landed house (RM250k) in Malaysia (of course don't compare with those high end HH or EL in nusajaya la), agree the pigeonhole is small but the environment, amenities, quality and safety of HDB can offset it, not everyone going for Size or landed in Malaysia, a lot of them still prefer stay in condo in Malaysia, so is personal preference, they is no right or wrong for quality of living, HDB or condo or landed. A HDB is as good as landed in Malaysia, can fetch higher rental yield as well. So pls do appreciate the HDB system that the gahmen has created, especially in land scarce country like Singapore, no choice la, how i wish everyone can own subsidy landed in Singapore la.

HDB vs landed in Malaysia comparison based on installment.

HDB : Full loan SGD350k at 2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = SGD1294 (can pay with CPF)
Malaysia Landed : Full loan RM250k at 4.2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = RM1223 (paid cash)

30 years later, let say property price double,

HDB : SGD350kx2x2.4 = RM1.68 mil
Landed in M'sia : RM250x2 = RM500k

Both sell and retired in other country, so who is the winner? Let assume economic remain constant over 30 years.

Now you can see why Singapore have more than 80% of house ownership, and yet still complaint about expensive, i do agree is more expensive than last time la, of course the cheapest the better la, but still affordable isn't it? Singaporean will not complain when they can buy 2 HDB, 1 for own stay and 1 rent out to foreigner, ha ha!!

Most ppl think Malaysia have many option when come to housing, Malaysian pay like hell to own a cheap house in Malaysia if they are average, to own a RM150k house in ulu ulu place with not so good environment, the installment is RM734 at interest of 4.2% for 30 years, fyi most of the ppl bought at this price normally pay +/- 7% of interest rate in the early day, which the installment will be RM998 (no CPF but cash), those ppl in this cat are earning like RM1.5k to RM3k, the installment is like 30% or more of their salary, not to forget the family expenses + cheap car (said installment + all the car expenses =RM500, i doubt so cheap as the petrol easily cost few hundred, let assume la, furthermore few hundred to repair a car for those earning SGD is dirt cheap but is almost 30% of a average Malaysian pay). So tell me how comfortable a Malaysia as compare to Singaporean, some will still argue can stay with family la, no need to buy house, Singaporean can also stay with parents if they really cannot afford, i don't see what is a big deal to stay 5 to 7 persons in a 3 or 4 rooms hdb, it is quite common for 5 to 7 persons to stay in a landed in Malaysia with Build up of less than 1200 sft, those early landed terrace in bukit indah is less than 1200 sqft, people nowadays spoil with choice la.

Note: agreed HDB is 99 years lease from Singapore government, but a 40 years HDB is still worth more than a 40 years freehold landed in Malaysia, a 40 years landed in Malaysia need a major restoration + renovation and will cost you a boom. Whereas garmen will upgrade your 40 years HDB with minimum cost at so call subsidy price, even if it is a leasehold, i don't see a 30 - 40 years old HDB selling at discounting price at this moment, some end block and get a new flat with slightly smaller size and perhaps slightly ulu location, but this is a trade off for a new flat rather than you have to maintain it. Where on earth in this world provide half life or whole life warranty for house, yes is in Singapore at this moment. I doubt this will be forever, so watch out.....

You also have a choice to sell high and buy high now to get a newer hdb, i don't see any problem for a Singaporean. For newer couple, buy a new flat at less than SGD250k or less, don't expect 5 rooms, EC or BTO la, i believe most of the existing HDB owner start from small also, just like a Malaysian go for 100k apartment and upgrade to terrace for +/-350k in Nusajaya area, >500k is for well to do Malaysia equivalent to the BTO/EC standard for Singaporean.

Another example we assume a BTO or EC are equivalent to Horizon hills Semi-D, woW

BTO/EC SGD1mil at 2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = SGD3696 (can pay with CPF)
HH Semi-D RM1.5mil at 4.2% interest rate 30 yrs = installment = RM7335 (paid cash)

Let assume an IT consultant in Singapore and Malaysia is getting SGD10k and RM10k respectively. So what do you think of the affordability of housing giving the example above, even if you earn SGD10k x 2.4 to paid for a RM7335 installment, is 30% of the Singapore pay, whereas the Malaysian is 73% of their pay. So the Malaysia house is not really cheap if you compare this way, is about the same for Singapore IT consultant but is a nigh mate for Malaysian IT, ok...perhaps Singapore IT consultant deserve more because better quality which i can agreed, of course some of them will still argue about the capital appreciation, quality of life, fresh air which i agreed if you can afford ........let assuming economic is constant....the affordable of housing in Singapore is much more affordable than Malaysia. A Singapore IT consultant can own a semi-D easily in HH + HDB (stay or rent out) but an IT consultant in Malaysia can only consider other cheaper option housing. Alright the world is always unfair, we have to accept that.

If you are talking about those Malaysia PR work in Singapore, they are just like Singaporean but with less subsidy (cos they don't born here and serve the country la, they have the risk to expel) and with the option to go back Malaysia if they want, in fact a lot of them choose to stay in Singapore. They also have to work hard for it. I don't see any different of PR or Singaporean except they don't serve the country. Those Malaysian live and work in Malaysia, they have to work even harder. Most of the Singaporean think Malaysian have all the advantage, they can also convert to Malaysian at all cost and let the next generation grow up in Malaysia and have the option to work in Singapore and retired in Malaysia like what some of the PR do now.

Those so call cheap labour commute dairy, do you think they have a choice if they can enjoy what Singaporean have, i bet some of them will choose to be a Singaporean, is just they born to be Malaysian and they have to face it, just like most of the Singaporean here still hold on to the citizenship but explore living in JB, Singapore only select better candidates to become citizen la, Everyone complaint, i would said Malaysian is the 1 should have complaint more than Singapore.

Just to share some of my finding after reading in this forum, it is very resourceful, cheers to all who choose to live in JB, and it is a wise choice.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh.. just finished an early morning conference.. my mainframe lead in the U.S. broke news to me half his team got laid off.. despite complains about service levels.. they are now left with the skeleton.

yes.. ceos earns tens of millions annually.. meeting cost targets they set themselves, sounding good to investors, but breaking peoples' rice bowls. when they messed up really badly, they even get huge severance packages for leaving :oIo:

Sorry to hear about that. we received similar message from hq yesterday on the need to meet targets, as globally the slow down is starting to catchup.
Dont want to sound negative and hope people can see the positivity of the following.....at least with a house in Iskandar, should things get real bad, at least will still have own roof over head that is of a more manageable loan amount.... a place to get rest & shelter with low living costs and good quality of life, to continue marching. Anyway we all hope the economic situation will not get to that as still lots of liquidity in market. . .

Last edited:

hillside

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not a foreign Elite but a cheap foreign worker, i used to work in SG, own a HDB and Car in Singapore during that time, i earn less than 3k but can live comfortable during that time, i get much better pay in Malaysia now but find hardly survive with the same living style when i was there , so just share my own experience.

i didnt bother to read finish your whole post , conclusion u must be a foreign ELITE to say SG is stii affordable to have car and house. Not that we wan to retire in 40s. we just hope that we dun have to wipe tables or clear rubbish when we are in our 60s!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.