• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
car cams are beginning to be a necessity nowadays.. too many jokers around.
earlier today i read a ST online article about one guy driving toyota wish overtook a cab, then reverse ram into the cab, and tried to claim the cab (road rage incident).
the cab has an on-board camera.
this case, the wish guy self-pwned. but imagine the cab has no camera...

anyway, imo, cars are just a transport.. no need heart pain lah.. send it for full dent repair/respray once every couple of years. change color also can, maciam like driving a new car :biggrin:

Agree, as long as it does not scare or endanger anyone. End of the day, its just a piece of moving metal. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yup. That's another idea. Can just drive to the interchange, park there and take bus also ... But I thin I will still need a s-plate la. Imagine if I have emergency to get back to Sg but don't have the luxury of time to travel by bus, I won't be able to drive the m-plate car into Sg leh. It'll be an offense ...

Hi Dreamoraction,

An SG car, CW3, taxi will definitely be the main points. Some bros did pointed out

SPECIAL SCHEME FOR SINGAPOREANS TO DRIVE MALAYSIA-REGISTERED CARS INTO SINGAPORE

In recognition of the needs of bona fide Singaporeans or Singapore PRs working and residing in Malaysia to make home visits to Singapore, we could consider you for the special concession scheme. Under the scheme, all approved applicants are allowed to drive their Malaysia-registered cars into Singapore for all weekends, all Singapore public holidays and another 28 weekdays in a calendar year. Approval will be given on a case-by-case basis with consideration to the following:

The applicant (his spouse or his company) is the registered owner of the vehicle. If the vehicle is rented/leased by his company, he has to submit an official letter from the company stating the period the vehicle is leased for and that the vehicle is provided solely for his use;
He is physically working and residing in Malaysia;
He is required to apply to Land Transport Authority for approval when his earlier approval letter (if any) has expired (i.e. upon expiry of his vehicle's insurance/road tax or 6 months, whichever is earlier);
His vehicle has a valid Malaysia road tax disc and insurance coverage for the period it is used in Singapore; and
He must keep, in each of his visit, his vehicle outside Singapore before the vehicle entry permit grace expiry of 14 days from the date of the last entry.

(Note: Unless further extension is granted, the vehicle entry permit valid for 14 days is issued upon each entry and encoded in its Autopass Card electronically at land checkpoint.)

If you wish to apply for the scheme, please fax your request and the following documents to us at (02)-65535329 or (02)-65535802 (from Malaysia) or by email to [email protected]:

A photocopy of your Singapore identity card (front and reverse sides);
A photocopy of your passport with the relevant page of your employment pass endorsed by Malaysian Immigration or Malaysian identity card (if any);
A photocopy of your company's letter confirming that you are currently working and residing in Malaysia;
A photocopy of your vehicle's valid registration card (front and reverse sides) with latest valid road tax endorsement by Road Transport Department, Malaysia;
A photocopy of your vehicle's valid insurance certificate;
If the vehicle in your application is registered under your company's name (or is rented/leased by your company), we would also require an photocopy of your employer's letter stating the period the vehicle is leased for and that the vehicle is given solely for your use and that only you can drive the vehicle; and
A photocopy of your marriage certificate (if you are applying with your spouse's vehicle).

Please also provide us your residential address in Malaysia and your residential address during your intending visit in Singapore and indicate your intended date(s) of visit (if available) to Singapore.

Important Note

Your application must reach us at least 5 working days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) before your intended visit to Singapore to allow us to process your application. Please note that we may not be able to process your application on time if your submission is incomplete or late.

Electronic Road Pricing and Vehicle Entry Permit Fees and toll charges

Please refer to our website at http://www.lta.gov.sg =>'Motoring' =>'Driving Into and Out Singapore' =>`West-Malaysian Registered Vehicles' =>'Vehicle Entry Permit/Tolls' and `Autopass card matters' for more details on payment of vehicle entry permit (VEP) fee, electronic road pricing (ERP) fee and toll charges.

Driving Licence to drive in Singapore

You may also wish to check on the type of driving licence required to drive in Singapore for Singapore citizen or Singapore permanent resident from the following Singapore Traffic Police's portal:

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/ser...cence_legal.htm

Please contact our Customer Service Hotline at 1800-CALL LTA (1800-2255582) or email us at [email protected] or [email protected] if you need clarification.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dinner - could be a headache. But I can always arrange daily catering mah. There are some restaurants in bukit indah that do delivery. I can arrange with them on monthly basis kind of delivery. Should be ok bah.

My friend advised me today that I can get a second hand car, about 3+ years old, for about 52k. It's avante. What do u all think?

Can get even cheaper cars, lots of options and other websites:

www.carlist.com.my

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
if always kenna people bang, i think the problem is probably u.. better go temple spray holy water :biggrin:
anyway, imo most of the time will be scratches/dings/dents, and these can be fixed easily.

or when u are ready, take up mm2h, import the biggest 9yr old car u can find (no import duty).
people will be able to spot your huge V8 from far, thus avoid banging onto u :cool:

Agree but sometimes you really get people who have stamps on their eyes. The car i was driving is 2
metres tall but of course the container truck driver never saw me in the middle lane. My wife told me
he narrowly missed another car who was also waiting in front actually. Didn't realise as i was looking
at the lights to change.

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Odessy

I just bk fr Penang n went to batu ferringhi . Indeed there is much better than jb. Look at e public transport so new . The cars they driving at Japan or luxuries cars. Food is cheap but not too sure abt e house. Should
Be very ex. But like to see so many Chinese there. I feel so safe compare to jb.

Hav the same feeling for Penang. However, it is the cheaper JB House, friends, Siblings & travelling times that decides Bukit Indah for me. Likely to miss Penang Hawker fares & Sea.

mattl02138

Alfrescian
Loyal
new launch at bukit indah, cluster homes, from 888k..the old launch from 4-5 years ago i hear was only around 300-400k..

wonder where is the location? need to send my brother to take a look..not in SG now..

kitchen layout is so weird.

perspective_d-verde.jpg

d-verde-ground_floor_plan.jpg

d-verde-first_floor_plan.jpg

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hav the same feeling for Penang. However, it is the cheaper JB House, friends, Siblings & travelling times that decides Bukit Indah for me. Likely to miss Penang Hawker fares & Sea.

If one stay in JB, one can easily take budget air from Senai to Penang.. What a wonderful thing to do..

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Greddy and Arsernal, hope that your respective companies win big contracts. Best wishes :smile:

When I was very young, I visited Haw Par Villa one day and after seeing the 18 levels of hell, I couldn't sleep properly for a month. Later I learned about Karma and believe one reap what he sow.. When a newbie do well or just get promoted to a high position, some of them might like to fire, cut cost, take away innocent people jobs all in the saying of making hard decision or best decision.. A lot of American CEOs are paid lots of bonus by cutting cost.. Using cost cutting as a mean to boast their profitability and give themselves a pat.. Sometime I am wondering.. what kind of talent is that? If I have no conscience, I can easily make hard decision. The one who can have heart and brain require more talents than those who just react, short term and always justify his soul in making hard decision..

Somehow I believe in Karma... You fire someone to boast your revenue and you will be fired one day.. you cheat and you will be cheated one day, either this life or next life.. So if someone do unjust to you, just forget it.. because he will get it some time.. in fact, try to help him.. because you save a soul and you will be saved too..

We always know greed, money, hatre are something that can consume a person soul.. When you see some of the good PAP minister or grassroots become someone looking so devilish and superficial..and what a contrast before he is poor and when he is rich.. you understand what I mean.. One day they will get it and then they will understand..

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
sigh.. just finished an early morning conference.. my mainframe lead in the U.S. broke news to me half his team got laid off.. despite complains about service levels.. they are now left with the skeleton.

yes.. ceos earns tens of millions annually.. meeting cost targets they set themselves, sounding good to investors, but breaking peoples' rice bowls. when they messed up really badly, they even get huge severance packages for leaving :oIo:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
new launch at bukit indah, cluster homes, from 888k..the old launch from 4-5 years ago i hear was only around 300-400k..

wonder where is the location? need to send my brother to take a look..not in SG now..

kitchen layout is so weird.

View attachment 3888

View attachment 3889

View attachment 3890

For that kind of budget, would suggest IJM Land's Nusa Duta latest semi-d launches. huge lots (46X80 upwards) but price is reasonable....based on land size, is around RM300 psf. lower than Setia's one (closer to Rm400).

RM 1 mil onwards tho. Suitable for bros looking at huge landed and close to amenities + well connected to both 1st and 2nd link.

Cheers.

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Feb. 27 (Bloomberg) -- Malaysia’s central bank will keep
interest rates “accommodative” as the outlook for the global
economy remains uncertain, Governor Zeti Akhtar Aziz said.
“Given the external environment is a difficult environment,
we will keep the interest rates at an accommodative stance and
it is just an issue of degree of accommodation,” Zeti said in
an interview with the BFM radio station aired today. “Right now,
our interest rate level, we say, is accommodative. Certainly at
3 percent, it wasn’t an inhibiting factor for increasing loan
growth.”

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dinner - could be a headache. But I can always arrange daily catering mah. There are some restaurants in bukit indah that do delivery. I can arrange with them on monthly basis kind of delivery. Should be ok bah.

My friend advised me today that I can get a second hand car, about 3+ years old, for about 52k. It's avante. What do u all think?

You talking about buying a second-hand SG car, right? I suggest you check out Fiat Grande Punto. I just got one, June 2008 car, very well maintained, with sun roof and high OMV, for $46.5K. Dealer was TTS Eurocars, he gave me free coat of paint and new leather seats, plus new wheel caps. Fiat is an Italian brand, safety very "tok kong", Euro N cap 5, 6 air bags. Great value for money, considering Jap cars now cost more!! Jap cars not safe...very light... will get squashed if there's a bad accident. Only the newer Jap cars are safer.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay bro. I will check this out. Thanks!
You talking about buying a second-hand SG car, right? I suggest you check out Fiat Grande Punto. I just got one, June 2008 car, very well maintained, with sun roof and high OMV, for $46.5K. Dealer was TTS Eurocars, he gave me free coat of paint and new leather seats, plus new wheel caps. Fiat is an Italian brand, safety very "tok kong", Euro N cap 5, 6 air bags. Great value for money, considering Jap cars now cost more!! Jap cars not safe...very light... will get squashed if there's a bad accident. Only the newer Jap cars are safer.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why share when she can have everything and share what u already have? I can't let my woman suffers so she will be much much better with u. So I bow out now. Hahahhahah. So dramatic :p

I think hoh.. Ah Tiong and you.. Both can share the avante lah.. No food can go ah Tiong house.. If ah Tiong need seafood, can come to your place... Quite good match leh.. Some more..not many Singapore woman dare to live in JB.. Solid match..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow bro, I didn't know about this relocation of amusement park and the mini zoo. Where can I get these info please? I went into danga bay's office but I wasn't informed about this info ...

Hi Crystal and Dreamoraction(now Manofaction)

Danga is moving their amusement stuff, mini zoo over to Laguna area so that place will be a bustling place soon enough. It definitely has potential given that other than million dollar homes, it will also have amenities and good proximity to quite a few places via the new highway. :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro wuqi,

Obviously there are still a lot of things I don't know what's happening outside taman laguna. I only managed to matched the plans and layout of Venice and fisherman wharf against the shape of the land from google map. But I'm also guessing and I'm half baked here. Can direct me where to get more info? Thanks

Agree, it has a lot of things going for it. My neighbours are getting in on this property. A learned retired Dr friend told me to avoid some firms with a lot of government contacts though(as in too much), there is lesser recourse for one should something go wrong. This is from someone local who had bad experiences previously.

Status
Not open for further replies.