• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, did u see the show house? No, nothing after the show house right now. That's all it's all banking on danga bay's development outside. Noticed lots of lands have been cleared? It's all part of the Iskandar waterfront development. I think their proposal about the Venice and fisherman wharf is just right outside (I haven't managed to verify yet). Laguna will still launch the semi-d and last phase of terrace later. The whole taman only have 500+ houses. It's indeed much smaller than your taman.

Bro Doa,

I went to Laguna just , after e roundabout still hv anything there? Seems like a small taman,dun hv supermarket nearby. If no car, not convenient wor.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Staying in Laguna has another advantage. If there is any racial riots, can always swimming back if causeway is blocked..

Oh, did u see the show house? No, nothing after the show house right now. That's all it's all banking on danga bay's development outside. Noticed lots of lands have been cleared? It's all part of the Iskandar waterfront development. I think their proposal about the Venice and fisherman wharf is just right outside (I haven't managed to verify yet). Laguna will still launch the semi-d and last phase of terrace later. The whole taman only have 500+ houses. It's indeed much smaller than your taman.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I was there are 8 , a bit dark so dun dare to alight to check it out. Tat area can sell so ex ah, I thinking how u gg to settle dinner every day

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our car was stationary and waiting at a red light. We were not moving at all let alone driving.
Congrats again but electricity wise, if you have a neighbour who is ok (and has a long extension cord) or you have an empty house next to you? Most contractors would know how to get electricity.

HLB was a lot easier for us though, who did you speak with?

I will probably just go settle the electricity tomorrow, needs to be done sooner rather than later anyway. As for HLB, I actually just walked into the Nusa Bestari branch to ask.

They gave me a hello kitty debit card n cheque book wor.

Excellent! One big hassle down and now u wil slowly/quickly see your dream ID come to fruition. Dun forget to post pics pls. Checking facility was given to me with the loan. Maybe you can try the bank that you took up the loan with?

My hsbc have me credit card, cheque book when I get their loan. HH actually apply electricity
for me..

I didn't take a bank loan, so don't have that option. Anyway, fellow bro here has kindly offered to be my introducer at Alliance Bank, if necessary. Thanks for the advice.

BTW Arsenal, that was what my contractor told me about HH applying for the electricity. I actually went to their office to check, but she told me to go to TNB because mine was a sub-sale property. But I suspect that she thought the previous owner had already applied for electricity in his name, which I think is not the case. I've seen lots of water bills in the mail, but no electricity bill lol.

Guess I'll call HH office up agian tomorrow morning to see if that's the case. Would save me a trip to a TNB shop.

Thanks again for all advice.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dinner - could be a headache. But I can always arrange daily catering mah. There are some restaurants in bukit indah that do delivery. I can arrange with them on monthly basis kind of delivery. Should be ok bah.

My friend advised me today that I can get a second hand car, about 3+ years old, for about 52k. It's avante. What do u all think?

I was there are 8 , a bit dark so dun dare to alight to check it out. Tat area can sell so ex ah, I thinking how u gg to settle dinner every day

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ex because no amenities right? Not yet la ... Hopefully more will be built. In fact, I'm sure more will be built. There is not much land left in bukit indah and perling. And those lands outside taman laguna has become prime land because of the coastal highway. So sooner or later, they will build something ... Land scarce in JB, big news! Hehehe

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dinner - could be a headache. But I can always arrange daily catering mah. There are some restaurants in bukit indah that do delivery. I can arrange with them on monthly basis kind of delivery. Should be ok bah.

My friend advised me today that I can get a second hand car, about 3+ years old, for about 52k. It's avante. What do u all think?

My white avante this apr will be be 3 yrs le, I bought at 44,599. Ppl say kimchi car won't last more than 3yrs. I need to try out.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yours has been through up and down, climbed mountain swim river, bashed and banged and painted by curry chicken and its still going strong! I have confident :biggrin:

I seriously need to make a call ASAP. The longer I wait, those new batch of second hand cars with those super high Coe will be in the market soon, and I need not even think of 52k!

My white avante this apr will be be 3 yrs le, I bought at 44,599. Ppl say kimchi car won't last more than 3yrs. I need to try out.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
U no need so fast buy car right? Still hv 2 yrs before completion. Won't Coe drop by them? My first car colt in 2004, Coe was 27,988 peak At tat time n subsequent months Coe keep dropping Liao.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
No immediate needs la. But I'm saying that the new batch of second hand car (about 3 years old) will cost much more than 52k in 2014, because the Coe last year was more than 60k leh ... By 2014, unless I buy a car of about 6 years old, then what's the point? I might spend more on repairs. Headache. If all else fail, u will see me with my Harley Davidson roaming everywhere. "horse die land on floor to walk" ... Boh bien :(

U no need so fast buy car right? Still hv 2 yrs before completion. Won't Coe drop by them? My first car colt in 2004, Coe was 27,988 peak At tat time n subsequent months Coe keep dropping Liao.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
No immediate needs la. But I'm saying that the new batch of second hand car (about 3 years old) will cost much more than 52k in 2014, because the Coe last year was more than 60k leh ... By 2014, unless I buy a car of about 6 years old, then what's the point? I might spend more on repairs. Headache. If all else fail, u will see me with my Harley Davidson roaming everywhere. "horse die land on floor to walk" ... Boh bien :(

Save e money first, e most buy a jb car to use there which is crucial n take public transport to sg

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. That's another idea. Can just drive to the interchange, park there and take bus also ... But I thin I will still need a s-plate la. Imagine if I have emergency to get back to Sg but don't have the luxury of time to travel by bus, I won't be able to drive the m-plate car into Sg leh. It'll be an offense ...

Save e money first, e most buy a jb car to use there which is crucial n take public transport to sg

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
As for HLB, I actually just walked into the Nusa Bestari branch to ask.

Anyway, fellow bro here has kindly offered to be my introducer at Alliance Bank, if necessary.

Bro. the cute thing about Msia is different banks have different practice. some need introducer some dont. In fact different branches within the same bank have different practice! Some branches need, others dont. When i open my CIMB current account at Tmn pelangi side, there is no need for introducer and their staff is so friendly and helpful with our account opening. When my friend open at Nusa Bestari branch, need introducer and staff is not so friendly.:eek:

Cheers.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. That's another idea. Can just drive to the interchange, park there and take bus also ... But I thin I will still need a s-plate la. Imagine if I have emergency to get back to Sg but don't have the luxury of time to travel by bus, I won't be able to drive the m-plate car into Sg leh. It'll be an offense ...

Call private taxi sgd40 or co share with 3 passengers at 10 each. It will bring u any part of sg.

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow , u sounds u are in early forties wor. Gd for u can retire in jb comfortably.

Thanks Crystal.

Actually, i was looking to retire in Penang, Batu Ferringhi area in a couple of years from now. But fate has it that I learned about Sutera Mall in a car forum; ppl were writing so much about how different the place was compared to the rest of JB. So, one weekend my wife and I and another couple friend of ours decided to visit the place and satisfy our curiosity. We stayed one nite at the J-Hotel and we fell in love with the place. We loved the ambiance and were surprised such a place even existed in JB; before this, JB was a no no for us. We loved our many road trips to Malaysia but would conscientiously give JB a miss for all the wrong reasons. There was no intention whatsoever to buy a place in JB to stay.

We couldnt stop talking about our wonderful one nite stay at Sutera. We returned the following weekend to soak in the experience again. It was at this trip that our couple friends mentioned that some of his colleagues has houses in JB and suggested we drive around to take a look. Not expecting anything, we tagged along and lo and behold, we were pleasantly surprised by what we saw! We visited the houses at the indah area and eventually ended up at HH. Wow..... this place reminded us so much of Australia!

And so, the rest is history...... prof goggle pointed me to this thread and I was so intrigued by what written in it! I started reading from page one, as I didnt want to miss anything. I read all the contributions that Wuqi, (and some others) so bravely wrote, putting down every critic with solid arguements, and those who tried to tear at his dreams, epic! It took me 2 intense weeks to finally catch up with the reading. I would read it at every opportunity I could and slowly got to know and understand the man behind this all. Therefore I say, for those still undecided or contemplating whether to take the plunge, do yourself a favour and read Living in JB from page one - this is where most of us started. If you can "survive" reading the now 935odd pages, you are definitely ready for JB! There are numerous gems in the thread written by good intentioned people.

Sorry to be so long-winded. In a couple of weeks time, I will be getting the keys to my house. Thank you Wuqi, for transforming my thinking about JB, I owe you much! Please be safe and good health to you and your loved ones. SALUTE!

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro Wuqi

I think driving in msia , its best to install in car recorder for 24hrs ....
at least has record if ppl hit u front or rear or stationary mode....
i still heartpain when i see my front bumper so big scratches lor , even i scratched my car also dun have some big injury lor ....that fellow must be an idoit to hit a parked car in a legal parking lot!!!!!!!!!

car cams are beginning to be a necessity nowadays.. too many jokers around.
earlier today i read a ST online article about one guy driving toyota wish overtook a cab, then reverse ram into the cab, and tried to claim the cab (road rage incident).
the cab has an on-board camera.
this case, the wish guy self-pwned. but imagine the cab has no camera...

anyway, imo, cars are just a transport.. no need heart pain lah.. send it for full dent repair/respray once every couple of years. change color also can, maciam like driving a new car :biggrin:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
car cams are beginning to be a necessity nowadays.. too many jokers around.
earlier today i read a ST online article about one guy driving toyota wish overtook a cab, then reverse ram into the cab, and tried to claim the cab (road rage incident).
the cab has an on-board camera.
this case, the wish guy self-pwned. but imagine the cab has no camera...

Hee coz now car very ex, can't afford to buy new one if always Kenna bang by ppl n repair costs is ex

Status
Not open for further replies.