• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro , understand that Medini is 99 yrs only ? Price is very expensive too , what is the indicative price they give you ?

Yeah 99 years only. Looks like 1Medini is selling well becos of low absolute price plus they're special - not subjected to min RM500k foreigner rule. The remaining units prices:
- 1 bedroom unit (720 sq ft) - Rm335k for 2nd or 3rd floor and Rm435k for twenty something floor
- 2 bedroom unit (1019 sq ft) - RM443k for 2nd or 3rd floor

investjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah 99 years only. Looks like 1Medini is selling well becos of low absolute price plus they're special - not subjected to min RM500k foreigner rule. The remaining units prices:
- 1 bedroom unit (720 sq ft) - Rm335k for 2nd or 3rd floor and Rm435k for twenty something floor
my frien got his unit 873sf 17flr at 428k

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks bro, prices seem reasonable considering the fact that it is located in a super prime area , only mins away from 2nd link too .

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think that is on a per trip basis. There are also some who will do it for about 98 RM but thats including windows.

My apologies LGlab, i will try to clear more often as it gets filled up quite fast.
You CAN MOST DEFINITELY HIRE A MAID.

Guys, please do me a favour, next time someone says the following to you, please smile to their face:

You cannot drive a Malaysian car in Malaysia, you cannot owe and buy one, you cannot get a loan, neither can you get insurance and road tax.
You cannot own a shophouse or house, condo in Malaysia
You cannot have a bank account or current account or Fixed Deposit in Malaysia
You cannot buy pork or eat pork in Malaysia (Lots of bak kut teh, wanton me and roast meat places last i looked)
You cannot start a business in Malaysia without a Malaysian director, etc
You cannot hire Malaysians or have maids in Malaysia
You cannot stay in Malaysia more than a week
You must pay for parking even at your own terrace house

I would personally take a cold cod fish (or any dead fish) and slap some of these people the next time they mention this to me again.
I know because, cars, maids, staff, houses, business i have here. Those who say you can't, please ask them their source.

I even got humbled by my learned friend recently as he used his Maybank account to help me settle a fine (closed during CNY period so used online)
His account is linke to like 600 plus various government and private instituitions. Basically you can pay just about all your bills without going to any
POS office.

Hi Bro Wuji,

Can you advise what is the procedure on getting a maid? My whole family on Visit Pass.
I will heed your advise and get a Malaysia car, U Turn at the custom just to get their 'chops' renewed. - They all have MACS.
(Thanks for trying that out for me).

seller had already signed the S&P as well. So right into state approval, requires at least 3 months.. holy god.. Malaysia's government are sooo efficient .. haha..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi256 has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

OMG! haha.. cannot PM him.. :biggrin:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bros,

This is my 1st post and it is a post to seek help and advice from those who bought sub sale unit in Horizon Hills.

Here is my nightmare experience so far:

mid dec
- lady P who works for developer informed me there is a subsale terrace unit available @ the golf
- seller's asking prize 600k (based on valuation)
- my wife loved it, the only stumbling block was no price negotiation allowed, P said must follow valuation and i cannot view valuation report
- P also said no need to pay agent's fee, not entitled to house warranty and club membership
- P said I must choose lawyer assigned by them and she will recommend me the best and most reliable one
- Family crisis back in s'pore pushed us to sell s'pore home and commit to jb house as we need a temporary and weekend home anyways
- P instructed me to cut S$5k cheque directly to seller, instead of law firm
- P said the whole process take 3-4mths and I can expect to collect keys in Feb
- I reminded P although i expected slight delay in collecting keys, my family cannot wait longer than March
- Lawyer did not show up yet

end dec
- turns out P only submitted my loan application to standard chartered bank, which gave me a lower loan 75%
- after chasing P, she gave me other bank contacts to resubmit loan application to HSBC, Allianz, UOB, which took up a few more weeks
- lawyer did not show up yet

jan
- loan with uob approved 85% which i accepted
- however, valuation is 580k not 600k stated by P
- seller issued warning to my lawyer that if SPA still not signed he will forfeit my 5k deposit, he is getting anxious just like me
- lawyer's assistant finally emerged and emailed to seller and cc to me
- apparently, the lawyer still on holiday and only back on 8 Feb, must wait for his return to sign SPA
- i issued warning that SPA cannot miss deadline, demanded for a copy for review, no reply from law firm
- i am getting agitated and contemplating changing lawyers, also threatened to seek damages if i cannot move in by Mar

Feb
- seller knew i need to move in Mar, offered to rent empty shell home to me @ RM1500 (instead of market rate RM1800)
- i began to feel uneasy about the deal and confronted P who replied "seller is her rightful customer, she has nothing to gain from me, i should appreciate her help"
- lawyer finally came back from holiday, i spoke to him for the first time since he took up my case in dec
- he sounded incoherent over the phone and said seller requested a few amendments so he need time to amend for seller's lawyer
- he could not answer me when i ask why he never respond to my email, why simple amendment took so long to complete?
- he never ask me whether I wish to state any special conditions to seller, I am fully convinced he was never acting in my interests
- he also replied tersely "dont push the blame to me"
- i took the signal and axed the lawyer immediately, fortunately through UOB banker I found a reliable panel lawyer who arranged for a meeting with his team next Mon

Questions:

a. can i take action against P or the axed lawyer for costs incurred due to late move in (ie. rental of temporary home, misrepresenting valuation price)
b. uob banker say i must pay for the valuation report, is this the norm?
c. what special conditions should i state to further protect my interests in the SPA?
d. In dec, seller verbally agreed to allow me early move in for reno before completion, but now change tune and want me to pay rent upon hearing my circumstances, is this fair?
e if seller disagree, the deal goes south or he refuse to extend deadline for SPA and forfeit my 5k, can i sue him or the axed lawyer for the forfeited cash?
f. anyone faced similar frustrations before in sub sale deals, any stories to share here?

Many thanks in advance.

bro. if u not keen in the house anymore, would suggest you cut loss and nego with seller to at least return part of the deposit back to you. chance is slim tho.

however if u still wan the place, better work with the seller and all parties. first apologise to seller/agent for the shouting and threats (even tho u din put this in, i suspect some exchanges happened and now everyone is on a confrontational mode). Remember when problems happen, do not look to the external for the source, check with yourself whether u have caused it first. Next, let seller know u are still keen to buy his house. at least that will set his mind at ease. present to him your problems and nego with the seller for a lower rent. Yes, it will involve giving him more money but at least it shows your sincerity and buys you more time to sort things out - both in JB and SG. Nowadays 70 to 75% loan is normal especially if u are singaporean, the banker is not trying to play you out,...there is no real need to shop around for another loan. it will only cause more delays and put doubt in seller/agent's mind about your sincerity.

Keep you cool bro,..whenever you are in a more calm state of mind, thats when your inner wisdom comes forth and the best decisions are made. in other words, you are still the best person to answer your own questions.

sorry for not helping much, cheers.

Last edited:

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Perfectcircle,

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, my advise is to be focus on your priority. Sounds like moving in by March is your priority, that's what you should concentrate your effort in resolving. Off course, the best deal is to lease it from him in the interim while you resolve the buying/selling issue.

Now, that aside, the owner has absolute right not to allow you to do any reno before you fully pay up even after signing S&P. The question on whether the owner can just forfeit your deposit is challengable based on what you have said but depending what you have signed on your offer to purchase. In most cases, you are given a month to prepare the S&P. Most lawyer would say that as long as you are progressing with the S&P preparation and been in contact with the seller's lawyer, very hard to simply forfeit deposit. I guess your case is complicated with the lawyer being the same with the seller's. Any genuine owner who wants to sell his property would not be eyeing at forfeithing the deposit unless he didnt understand your situation and he thought you are merely delaying it unreasonably. On this point, having direct contact with the owner to explain would be helpful however, usually I would advise ppl against speaking to the owner as it might complicate the case.

It is a norm to pay for valuation report if required by the banker. Different valuer gives different valuation. All the banks have their own panel of valuers. Personally, I have experience 30% valuation difference from different valuer especially between 2010 to 2011. I dont blame the valuer because the prices kept going up in Nusajaya during that period. Dont be surprise an aggressive valuer might give you RM 650k! Now, you must understand that in subsale market especially the last few years, our purchase price is always higher than the actual valuation. No question that there are some forumers here that got it at the purchase price too. The disparity is even more ridiculous for land purchases.

Your lawyer should be the best person to advise you on any special conditions to put in the S&P to protect you.

I dont advise getting litigatious with it because at the end of the day, no winner (except the lawyers) but losers. Yes, you can get Lady P sack anytime as she is not supposed to broker this type of deal other than developer's. Personally, I dont think there is any point in doing that too.

All the best and I hope the transaction will go smoothly. May God's wisdom be with you.

N

Hi Bros,

This is my 1st post and it is a post to seek help and advice from those who bought sub sale unit in Horizon Hills.

mid dec
- lady P who works for developer informed me there is a subsale terrace unit available @ the golf
- my wife loved it, the only stumbling block was no price negotiation allowed, P said must follow valuation and i cannot view valuation report
- P also said no need to pay agent's fee, not entitled to house warranty and club membership
- P said I must choose lawyer assigned by them and she will recommend me the best and most reliable one
- Family crisis back in s'pore pushed us to sell s'pore home and commit to jb house as we need a temporary and weekend home anyways
- P said the whole process take 3-4mths and I can expect to collect keys in Feb
- I reminded P although i expected slight delay in collecting keys, my family cannot wait longer than March
- Lawyer did not show up yet

end dec
- turns out P only submitted my loan application to standard chartered bank, which gave me a lower loan 75%
- after chasing P, she gave me other bank contacts to resubmit loan application to HSBC, Allianz, UOB, which took up a few more weeks
- lawyer did not show up yet

jan
- loan with uob approved 85% which i accepted
- however, valuation is 580k not 600k stated by P
- seller issued warning to my lawyer that if SPA still not signed he will forfeit my 5k deposit, he is getting anxious just like me
- lawyer's assistant finally emerged and emailed to seller and cc to me
- apparently, the lawyer still on holiday and only back on 8 Feb, must wait for his return to sign SPA
- i issued warning that SPA cannot miss deadline, demanded for a copy for review, no reply from law firm
- i am getting agitated and contemplating changing lawyers, also threatened to seek damages if i cannot move in by Mar

Feb
- seller knew i need to move in Mar, offered to rent empty shell home to me @ RM1500 (instead of market rate RM1800)
- i began to feel uneasy about the deal and confronted P who replied "seller is her rightful customer, she has nothing to gain from me, i should appreciate her help"
- lawyer finally came back from holiday, i spoke to him for the first time since he took up my case in dec
- he sounded incoherent over the phone and said seller requested a few amendments so he need time to amend for seller's lawyer
- he could not answer me when i ask why he never respond to my email, why simple amendment took so long to complete?
- he never ask me whether I wish to state any special conditions to seller, I am fully convinced he was never acting in my interests
- he also replied tersely "dont push the blame to me"
- i took the signal and axed the lawyer immediately, fortunately through UOB banker I found a reliable panel lawyer who arranged for a meeting with his team next Mon

Questions:

a. can i take action against P or the axed lawyer for costs incurred due to late move in (ie. rental of temporary home, misrepresenting valuation price)
c. what special conditions should i state to further protect my interests in the SPA?
d. In dec, seller verbally agreed to allow me early move in for reno before completion, but now change tune and want me to pay rent upon hearing my circumstances, is this fair?
e if seller disagree, the deal goes south or he refuse to extend deadline for SPA and forfeit my 5k, can i sue him or the axed lawyer for the forfeited cash?
f. anyone faced similar frustrations before in sub sale deals, any stories to share here?

Many thanks in advance.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by aperfectcircle0

through UOB banker I found a reliable panel lawyer who arranged for a meeting with his team next Mon

Questions:

Bro, sorry to hear about your incident. I suppose when you meet the new lawyer on Monday, he /she will be able to answer your questions better. But i think the situation is most likely not in your favour bcoz the seller only promise you verbally (for early move in). In the mean time, i agree with bro yonglip that you need to decide if you still want to go ahead with the deal. If yes, you need to ask the lawyer to give you a dead line on SPA, you still have 20 days before March, are you sure you will never make it in time?

aperfectcircle0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi yong lip,

Tks for hearing me out and responding.

I will still go for it because I believe in the success of nusajaya and hh.

Fortunately I lost my cool only once, at the incompetent lawyer whom I have axed. The Uob panel lawyer i engaged yesterday has been solid so far, she took one day to nail down the spa whereas the axed lawyer took almost 3mths.

Lady p and seller are on cordial terms with me so I am still cool abt the business relationship. But my wife is quite concerned that there will be upset parties (axed lawyer?) and he might exact revenge on our family. Honestly, I don't worry about what I cannot control. I am now fully focus only on nailing down the spa.

Cheers.

---------------

bro. if u not keen in the house anymore, would suggest you cut loss and nego with seller to at least return part of the deposit back to you. chance is slim tho.

however if u still wan the place, better work with the seller and all parties. first apologise to seller/agent for the shouting and threats (even tho u din put this in, i suspect some exchanges happened and now everyone is on a confrontational mode). Remember when problems happen, do not look to the external for the source, check with yourself whether u have caused it first. Next, let seller know u are still keen to buy his house. at least that will set his mind at ease. present to him your problems and nego with the seller for a lower rent. Yes, it will involve giving him more money but at least it shows your sincerity and buys you more time to sort things out - both in JB and SG. Nowadays 70 to 75% loan is normal especially if u are singaporean, the banker is not trying to play you out,...there is no real need to shop around for another loan. it will only cause more delays and put doubt in seller/agent's mind about your sincerity.

Keep you cool bro,..whenever you are in a more calm state of mind, thats when your inner wisdom comes forth and the best decisions are made. in other words, you are still the best person to answer your own questions.

sorry for not helping much, cheers.

aperfectcircle0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi n,

Tks for the helping me realign my focus. Leasing is an option and I will look into it again when I meet the seller. I have a friend who has an empty unit in Bukit Indah and his place is another option.

I spoke to the seller on many occasions and even met him in singapore. He is sympathetic and I know his is also trying his best but has his own problems because he is paying extra installments due to the delay caused by the incompetent lawyer.

Tks for sharing the valuation and disparity info...I realized too from the whole episode that high transparency, administrative efficiency is something that we took for granted here in singapore. The rest of the region esp. Jb still has a long way to go to reach singapore high levels and I might be better off managing my expectation from the get go.

I will give lady p benefit of the doubt, I gain nothing if i get her sacked for this.

At this juncture, I can only acquire the peace of God by casting my burdens upon Him.

Cheers bro.

Hi Perfectcircle,

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly, my advise is to be focus on your priority. Sounds like moving in by March is your priority, that's what you should concentrate your effort in resolving. Off course, the best deal is to lease it from him in the interim while you resolve the buying/selling issue.

Now, that aside, the owner has absolute right not to allow you to do any reno before you fully pay up even after signing S&P. The question on whether the owner can just forfeit your deposit is challengable based on what you have said but depending what you have signed on your offer to purchase. In most cases, you are given a month to prepare the S&P. Most lawyer would say that as long as you are progressing with the S&P preparation and been in contact with the seller's lawyer, very hard to simply forfeit deposit. I guess your case is complicated with the lawyer being the same with the seller's. Any genuine owner who wants to sell his property would not be eyeing at forfeithing the deposit unless he didnt understand your situation and he thought you are merely delaying it unreasonably. On this point, having direct contact with the owner to explain would be helpful however, usually I would advise ppl against speaking to the owner as it might complicate the case.

It is a norm to pay for valuation report if required by the banker. Different valuer gives different valuation. All the banks have their own panel of valuers. Personally, I have experience 30% valuation difference from different valuer especially between 2010 to 2011. I dont blame the valuer because the prices kept going up in Nusajaya during that period. Dont be surprise an aggressive valuer might give you RM 650k! Now, you must understand that in subsale market especially the last few years, our purchase price is always higher than the actual valuation. No question that there are some forumers here that got it at the purchase price too. The disparity is even more ridiculous for land purchases.

Your lawyer should be the best person to advise you on any special conditions to put in the S&P to protect you.

I dont advise getting litigatious with it because at the end of the day, no winner (except the lawyers) but losers. Yes, you can get Lady P sack anytime as she is not supposed to broker this type of deal other than developer's. Personally, I dont think there is any point in doing that too.

All the best and I hope the transaction will go smoothly. May God's wisdom be with you.

N

aperfectcircle0

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi icyraine,
The UOB panel lawyer might be able to speed things up for us after doing the land search on monday. Especially so if they ascertain it is a straightforward case and since both seller and I use UOB bank. That's the silver lining so far..fingers crossed.

Bro, sorry to hear about your incident. I suppose when you meet the new lawyer on Monday, he /she will be able to answer your questions better. But i think the situation is most likely not in your favour bcoz the seller only promise you verbally (for early move in). In the mean time, i agree with bro yonglip that you need to decide if you still want to go ahead with the deal. If yes, you need to ask the lawyer to give you a dead line on SPA, you still have 20 days before March, are you sure you will never make it in time?

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminders to all bros to be ever vigilant in JB.

My colleague had his car's rear window smashed just 2 weeks ago. This did not happen in some dark alley way or obscure parking lot. It happened right in his secured condo grounds! And this is not some 3rd class condo in JB. In fact it is one of the more reputable ones with loads of expats. The wire fence of the compound was cut through. His laptop was taken. Cost to replace rear window - RM1200. Fortunately, both items insured.

What audacity!.

cheers.

nicholas1213

Alfrescian
Loyal

My colleague had his car's rear window smashed just 2 weeks ago. This did not happen in some dark alley way or obscure parking lot. It happened right in his secured condo grounds! And this is not some 3rd class condo in JB. In fact it is one of the more reputable ones with loads of expats. The wire fence of the compound was cut through. His laptop was taken. Cost to replace rear window - RM1200. Fortunately, both items insured.

What audacity!.

cheers.

Too bad to hear that, but again it's not something new. NEVER EVER leave any valuable stuffs in the car, not even if you just stop by the road for 5 minutes to nearby shop or what. Perhaps only when someone really kena already then only he / she will learn the lesson - still remembered exactly same thing happen to me 3 years back when I was in KL..

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi JBhome, you are most welcome. Quite amazed to see more and more Horizon Residence buyers joining this forum and many are planning to enjoy this place as weekend getaway. Hope everything goes smoothly and we shall be able to make the best out of it.

By the way, have they sold out all the remaining units there since your last visit?

:*:Hello.....I am JBhome...here & New.
Just bought a Sunset Facing Corner Unit at Tower B in Horizon Residence & now applying for State Approval.
Lawyer just informed that Mahabuilder has yet to pay Quit Tax. So Singporean Buyers may have to wait a little long to get State Approval.
Hope HR Buyers come in here to share the JB Living by Singaporean OK & hopefully we can meet up in our 6* Club House for Tea & exchange note.
Me buying and using it as weekend home for the Fresh Hillside Air & away from the crowd type. See You .

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bro, can give us some clues where this condo is located?

What audacity!.

cheers.

TrulyAsia

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about an Integrated Resort with casino? :biggrin:Local Malaysian needs to pay RM100 levy to enter, free transport for sinkies to & fro S'pore. Karma:wink:

International Destination Resort

The International Destination Resort is envisioned to be a complete destination resort anchored by international brand theme parks and other themed attractions. The International Destination Resort in Nusajaya will feature theme parks, water parks, 5-star hotels, resorts, prime real estate, golf courses, upmarket retail centres, restaurant districts and a marina.

The International Destination Resort at Nusajaya aims to be different from other Southeast and East Asian regional theme parks through state-of-the-art design, content and attractions. Due to its proximity to Singapore, it is also designed to complement Singapore’s Integrated Resorts by offering a world-class destination resort located in a lush tropical setting 13.8 times the size of the combined integrated resorts in Singapore. The International Destination Resort is easily accessible from Singapore, being approximately 40 km or just a half hour drive from downtown Singapore and 25 km from Johor Bahru city centre

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Bros,

mid dec

Hi aperfectcircle0,

I am sorry to hear about your case. Some HH sales people are known to be making side income but your case has shown it has gotten into unacceptable proportions.

First request that you out the name of lady P..... as a favour for all potential buyers who read the forum.

RM600k for golf terrace? If is intermediate, it is expensive. The terms of seller is extreme and unfair. It sounds like many of the parties are in cohorts.

In my opinion, please cut the loss and take the $5k as tuition fees. Get out of this mess before you incur more costs in Stamp duties, legal fees, etc (sure it is not bumi lot?).

Just rent in HH in the meantime and put downpayment for Greens that is cheaper than the RM600k. Say you buy the RM560k unit, plus the cost of the $5k (RM12k) tuition fees, you are still ahead with a new place of your own selection and cheaper too.

You seem to have been taken advantage of, given your urgency. Stay calm, think longer term. Many houses to choose from in JB. Rent first will give you the chance to enjoy more of it ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.