• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have a dirty mind, using high class vocab also won't make your mind less dirty.

I think it's alright laaa, everyone has different level of sensitivity. For me, "coitus" is worse than "ai sio". But anyway, when i see "ai sio", i just have a laugh and take it a joke, and let it be. Let's move on!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it's alright laaa, everyone has different level of sensitivity. For me, "coitus" is worse than "ai sio". But anyway, when i see "ai sio", i just have a laugh and take it a joke, and let it be. Let's move on!

I don't think it is alright to make sexual jokes/comments knowing there are female forummers in his thread. It is not a matter of sensitivity but appropriateness. Whether it is appropriate is easy to determine, something that is appropriate is something that you will say it to your female colleagues and bosses.

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hope there is no delay in the rail/mrt link to jb central target for 2018.

I believe it was mentioned somewhere that the rail/MRT target has now shifted to 2020... at least.

When they announced 2018 I thought that would be amazingly fast. It is bad when you announce one date though and immediately start delaying it.

This is also why things like starting construction and actually opening Lego Land or some new hotel are so important. Announcing some new project is very easy. Even getting started on actually construction is a very good sign. Good progress during construction can keep you thinking positively. But nothing is as good as actually opening for business. It is why even after things are announced you can still get good deals (on real estate) if the projects all actually come in on time and as promised. It may seem to some there isn't any difference between LegoLand saying they will open in 2 years and actually doing it - but there is a huge difference that has real economic impact.

Announcing the MRT will boost real estate prices. Actually confirming the exact locations will boost them more. Actually digging up the ground for the station will boost them more. Getting close to completion will boost them more... It is true the biggest gains are often made before the announcement (because that is a big step). The less reliable those doing the announcing have proven to be the more the price increases are delayed.

This delays in price increases are exacerbated by other big projects delaying until they get real evidence what is announced will happen. Someone doesn't want to build a brand new luxury condo/office building targeting a big Singapore client and those with jobs in Singapore and rely on the new MRT only to build there building and find no MRT station at their door. So the less reliable the announcement the more projects will wait on real evidence the opening will take place.

There is nothing mysterious about this process it goes on all over the world in the same way. Investors bet on what will happen in the future and chose to invest where they see good opportunities to take advantage of developments. It is one reason why things like LegoLand and Newcastle are so important. They matter, but their importance is multiplied because they are the early projects that others will build on. If LegoLand and Newcastle were to look like Pacific Mall in 2 years much of the other investment would be at great risk to be pulled and delayed. Luckily that doesn't seem likely. Of course I would imagine when the first floor of Pacific Mall was being built people didn't imagine it would be like it is today. Also one of the things planners love about multinational companies that have a track record of delivering is they can look at past LegoLands and know if any were cancelled or severely delayed (I don't know myself but if I were a big investor 2 years ago, I would have figured that out).

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, if this is the site you mentioned then I have no problem accessing it...even just now.

http://www.nusaidaman.com/residential_2storey.php

Diaspora, that link is not working.... i clicked it and this is what i get.. NI.jpg

xdecepticon

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am well aware HH precinct got resale value.

Other than HH, any other area at JB got resale value for landed properties, esp Corner Terraces?

Though of getting one for weekend retreat and may dispose off later on.

And experts opinion?

Tks...

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ginfreely, since bro Yonglip already said sorry, i think we should all move on. thx.

apologies?...my ass. apologise to a petty woman?..jus becos i commented on her nusa duta before she remembers me for life. And i already said is my personal view. When others used the "FUCK" word, i dont see her putting on her moral police hat and point her fingers at them. i just used the word "ai shio" only, she is quick to get on my case. I have tried to be a gentleman by ignoring her (and will continue ignoring her) and I suggest she do the same thing if she find me to be an asshole.

This type how to stay in JB?...cant even take a little heat in the kitchen. wa lao eh.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
apologies?...my ass. apologise to a petty woman?..jus becos i commented on her nusa duta before she remembers me for life. And i already said is my personal view. When others used the "FUCK" word, i dont see her putting on her moral police hat and point her fingers at them. i just used the word "ai shio" only, she is quick to get on my case. I have tried to be a gentleman by ignoring her (and will continue ignoring her) and I suggest she do the same thing if she find me to be an asshole.

This type how to stay in JB?...cant even take a little heat in the kitchen. wa lao eh.

See forummer Icraine? Someone has shown his true colours and admitted his apology is "ass apology" and now that he mentioned, looks like his many negative comments on Nusa Duta and his lewd remarks are all revengeful and personally targeted at me.

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you can only manage 70% margin then the profit yield will be somewhere around 20-25% instead of the initially calculated 60-70% based on 10% downpayment. If you think 20% is reasonable and you can sell it off at RM500k (which I think so) then it is not as risky. All investment has its own risk..:smile:

And why do I think RM500k is doable:
- If you think upon completion end lot (35x75) can sell at RM600k onwards, then intermediate at RM500k is reasonable
- RM500k is the minimum entry cost for foreigner to own a property
- most of the NI buyers in older phases are buying for ownstay so subsale units are very limited (do a quick search from internet) so competition with the cheaper units is lesser
- newer precinct has its own selling point; 7A, 7D2 and 8.

Personally I think that now the most desirable NI precinct are precinct 7A and precinct 8... precinct 8 selling point is the lake whereas precinct 7a is on top of the hill and lowest density because it is sharing the G&G access with only 155 units (precinct 7A) and around 50 semi-d units (precinct 7D2).

To put my words into action, I bought 2 units in NI too.

good stuff bro yahoo... which precinct did you buy 2 lots?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay, done lots of running about in these 2 days. At last I can take a breather now. Just a quick update:-

Given the ordeal I had at the HH's office, I am never going back there again, and I will never buy a property from them directly, never ever! Not gonna elaborate much either ... Ah tiong, sorry to disappoint ...

On the other hand for the brighter news, I have made a booking at setia tropika instead. The joy and the excitement of my first venture in property is indescribable. At last I have made the first bold step :-)

Bro yonglip, we can see that it was only meant as a joke, don't take it to heart :wink: in fact, I found it funny :smile:

Okay, gonna put my feet up and watch a movie. Hope u guys are having a good weekend too. Cheers

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay, done lots of running about in these 2 days. At last I can take a breather now. Just a quick update:-

Given the ordeal I had at the HH's office, I am never going back there again, and I will never buy a property from them directly, never ever! Not gonna elaborate much either ... Ah tiong, sorry to disappoint ...

On the other hand for the brighter news, I have made a booking at setia tropika instead. The joy and the excitement of my first venture in property is indescribable. At last I have made the first bold step :-)

Bro yonglip, we can see that it was only meant as a joke, don't take it to heart :wink: in fact, I found it funny :smile:

Okay, gonna put my feet up and watch a movie. Hope u guys are having a good weekend too. Cheers

Wow , Bro DOA , you Damn full OF Actions leh , move from NI to HH and landed @ ST ! That is 10km apart ! Anyway what is the reasons ?

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some woman belong to this category, see if you can guess the word ...

1) it is a four letter word and it is used on a woman only
2) the word ends with UNT.

So, fill in the blank _UNT.

The answer is :-

|
|
|
|
\ | /
\ /

AUNT

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha .. Ya, told u I was all over the places

Reasons? Apart from quality and good feel, I'm banking on the potential of that area, including the surrounding area. Also checked out the Kempas ... Lots of commercial projects in the planning ...

Wow , Bro DOA , you Damn full OF Actions leh , move from NI to HH and landed @ ST ! That is 10km apart ! Anyway what is the reasons ?

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, firstly congrats on your first purchase, may it be the beginning of a wonderful and satisfying journey to wealth and fortune!

I'm not going to ask you to describe what happened at HH (unless you want to) ...
For me too, they (the HH Sales) have also been a disappointment recently.
As an existing HH buyer (and if you go back to the original thread), I have defended them in the past when some forumers had very negative comments about them.
Well, I take back all my words.

Perhaps because HH Sales had been very good recently (due in no small part to the popularity of this forum and word of mouth from past buyers, I'm certain) but unfortunately today, I find there are too many "games" being played and all kinds of stories, baitings, etc.

I certainly prefer the SP Setia Sales model, where the Sales team work without direct commissions and hence, more transparent and less "games".

I'm also definitely looking elsewhere to expand my options, when in the past it was only HH.

Status
Not open for further replies.