• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just called both HH and NI, the green confirmed to launch 22x75 & 22x100, but they are super reluctant to inform the indicative price.
Anyway, judging from their current fairway suites leftover unit, level 4th, 1020 sqft at 450k, 540k for 22x75 terrace just doesn't make sense to me.
They debated that 540k and 600k are just rumour, they won't admit any of those... :-)

As for NI precint 8b, no more 10k rebate, still have 5 end lots available. 2 at the main road, 2 shorter version and 1 beside the TNB. Intermediate? Plenty of choice with good number (such as 28, 8/8..etc)

Hi trithl thanks, do you know the one beside TNB is 8/9 or 8/11 side? Cos there are two TNBs. cheers bro.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro teck, can PM the info of the lawyer and building surveyor that u used please? Much thanks! :wink:

I bought 640k resale, paid up another 40k on signing of S&P for agent fees, legal fees (actually only paid 2k deposit first, but I include whole amount for reference), stamp duty and foreigner levy.

So that's 6.25% already. I am not intending to take a loan, otherwise I think that will add even more $ to the purchase price.

Odyssey has posted some very good info on buying resale procedure and costs somewhere in the old thread, but also can be found here: http://iskandarliving.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Off hand, arte was selling at 570k. They gave rebates about 40 + k. In addition, they gave additional 26k of which I understand that the promo ended in dec 11. The 26k was in a form of rebates voucher for the second 10% payment. Arte was never offered for as low as 3k down payment ( not to my knowledge anyway). This is a scenario for local. For foreigner, down payment is 20% minus the rebates mentioned

I am speaking from 90% loan perspective, the rebate given is sort of knock off almost entire 10% from the selling price. With the DIBS scheme, it is attractive to certain group of investor (low entry cost)

As in going out from NI towards the x junction?

NI is a big development. Maybe the future West Lake Terrace might be of concern if it turns into a bigger worship building...i am thinking in terms of traffic jam :eek:

Yeah, it is along the road where you turn into the sales office. If it become a mosque, i wonder how they are going to price the west lake higher than east lake...impossible they price the westlake cheaper then eastlake otherwise old buyer will scream at them...

Hi trithl thanks, do you know the one beside TNB is 8/9 or 8/11 side? Cos there are two TNBs. cheers bro.
It's on the 8/9

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
How does this selling electricity proposal affect us, property-owners in JB?:confused:
No effect right? Zzzz.... Sianz....

Btw, how to edit my list of properties?

Why not ? It signal a stronger tie , which is a very strong driving factor for Singapore Investors to put money here lor.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm only aware of the water issue last time. Electricity was ever a concern ar? Didn't know that. I still don't see much "driving factor" on this agreement leh ?

Why not ? It signal a stronger tie , which is a very strong driving factor for Singapore Investors to put money here lor.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was hoping for an announcement that will have direct effect on property, like exact location of third link, and when it will be ready. Or more confirmed developments in Nusajaya.

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Off hand, arte was selling at 570k. They gave rebates about 40 + k. In addition, they gave additional 26k of which I understand that the promo ended in dec 11. The 26k was in a form of rebates voucher for the second 10% payment. Arte was never offered for as low as 3k down payment ( not to my knowledge anyway). This is a scenario for local. For foreigner, down payment is 20% minus the rebates mentioned

Earlier on way before NI and the rest was looking at Quartz and the Pearl at SP setia...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm only aware of the water issue last time. Electricity was ever a concern ar? Didn't know that. I still don't see much "driving factor" on this agreement leh ?

Bro anything that signal good working relationship between the two countries will be a "driving factor". Even simple things like you can buy eggs from JB , is driving factors , haha .

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ... Ze yang dou ke yi ar? Thot the progress or working agreement should be faster and way bigger than this mah ... Guess we were expecting too much that led to the disappointment lor ...

Bro anything that signal good working relationship between the two countries will be a "driving factor". Even simply things like you can buy eggs from JB , is driving factors , haha .

pasture8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am speaking from 90% loan perspective, the rebate given is sort of knock off almost entire 10% from the selling price. With the DIBS scheme, it is attractive to certain group of investor (low entry cost)

Yeah, it is along the road where you turn into the sales office. If it become a mosque, i wonder how they are going to price the west lake higher than east lake...impossible they price the westlake cheaper then eastlake otherwise old buyer will scream at them...

It's on the 8/9

OIC, u mean the soon-to-be built patrol station, misunderstood you mean there is already an existing patrol station. cheers. The Westlake terrace will be bigger than the current 8B, and that will be the last of the last in NI. Next come the stand-alone condo...

wow, jalan 8/11 end lot beside TNB already taken :smile: well done.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just reading this news ... Siao Liao ... We really defy all logics in Malaysia lol

"Residential property prices will continue to increase due to the increasing cost of building materials and land, according to LBS Bina Group Bhd, one of Malaysia’s leading property developers.

Datuk Lim Hock San, Managing Director of LBS Bina, noted that despite 2012 being a challenging year globally, the group expects demand for residential properties in Malaysia to remain strong as prices continue to increase.

“Housing prices will continue to go up and it's not because we property developers are greedy. Land cost has gone up. So has labour wages, building material and fuel costs. In fact, financing cost has also gone up,” he said.

Despite the inflationary effects on the residential property market, the company is aiming to achieve RM800 million in sales this year, 20 percent higher than last year’s RM663 million."

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just reading this news ... Siao Liao ... We really defy all logics in Malaysia lol

"Residential property prices will continue to increase due to the increasing cost of building materials and land, according to LBS Bina Group Bhd, one of Malaysia’s leading property developers.

Datuk Lim Hock San, Managing Director of LBS Bina, noted that despite 2012 being a challenging year globally, the group expects demand for residential properties in Malaysia to remain strong as prices continue to increase.

“Housing prices will continue to go up and it's not because we property developers are greedy. Land cost has gone up. So has labour wages, building material and fuel costs. In fact, financing cost has also gone up,” he said.

Despite the inflationary effects on the residential property market, the company is aiming to achieve RM800 million in sales this year, 20 percent higher than last year’s RM663 million."

Jialat liao lah ... didnt pick up the 10K last Sat by UEM . Maybe after CNY they up price 50K and give 10K discount again .

trithl

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was wondering why so many HH terrace are available on the secondary market...they don't like the house? Or majority are investors looking for exit profit?
Or was it just for "The Gateway" 20x70 (due to older facade, defects?) ?

If I am not mistaken, entry price for the gateway was 3xxk right? Appreciate some insights here...

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
OIC, u mean the soon-to-be built patrol station, misunderstood you mean there is already an existing patrol station. cheers. The Westlake terrace will be bigger than the current 8B, and that will be the last of the last in NI. Next come the stand-alone condo...

wow, jalan 8/11 end lot beside TNB already taken :smile: well done.

Bro , how far away from the TNB inorder to be safe from hamful radiation ?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore, Malaysia to Boost Road, Rail Links as Tensions Thaw

Jan. 5 (Bloomberg) -- Singapore and Malaysia said they may construct a road tunnel and begin water taxis to boost transport links, signaling a further easing in political strains between the two Southeast Asian nations.

The neighbors, previously united as one nation, agreed last year to jointly embark on $9.8 billion of property projects and build a mass railway link to Malaysia’s southern Johor state which should begin operations by 2018, their leaders said today. They may now work together in other areas such as aviation, with Singapore’s Changi airport potentially cooperating with Malaysia’s nearby Senai, their governments said in a statement.

“There are many more areas for potential cooperation,” Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak told reporters today in Putrajaya, near Kuala Lumpur, after talks with his Singapore counterpart Lee Hsien Loong. “All the current agreements that both countries have managed to reach will pave the way for stronger bilateral ties.”

Relations between the two nations, joined as one federation between 1963 and 1965, improved last year when Malaysia agreed to move its railway station in Singapore’s central business district to a more northern site close to a bridge that connects the two countries, ending a decades-old dispute over land usage. Their governments have previously bickered over other issues such as the price Singapore pays for water from Malaysia.

Power Sales

“There should be more new initiatives that should be taken between both countries,” Singapore Prime Minister Lee told reporters in Putrajaya.

Malaysian companies are prepared to sell electricity to Singapore, said Najib. The countries are considering road tunnel and may start water taxis, he said. They may also align radio frequency spectrum for digital broadcast and mobile broadband, according to joint statement.

Khazanah Nasional Bhd. and Temasek Holdings Pte, the state- owned investment companies of Malaysia and Singapore, announced plans last year to cooperate on property projects in southern Malaysia and downtown Singapore.

This included S$11 billion ($8.5 billion) of Singapore developments comprising hotels, apartments, offices and shops in 501,020 square meters (5.4 million square feet) of space in two main areas of the city’s downtown, incorporating Malaysia’s former train station site.

Funding Sought

The state investment companies are in talks with banks to provide financing for the project, Khazanah and Temasek said in a separate e-mailed statement.

They also plan to jointly construct 3 billion ringgit ($955 million) of projects in Malaysia’s southern Iskandar economic development zone region, including homes, retail space and “wellness-related offerings,” the companies said.

“The development of Iskandar and its success is very important for Singapore as it will benefit both sides in many ways,” Lee said.

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CapitaLand to manage project in Iskandar (Medini)

SINGAPORE: Singapore’s CapitaLand will be project manager for a lifestyle project in Malaysia’s Iskandar region as part of a collaboration between the two countries, state investment firms Khazanah Nasional and Temasek said on Thursday.

The so-called “Urban Wellness” project in Iskandar, an area just north of Singapore, cover five acres and is being developed by a 50-50 joint venture between Khazanah and Temasek . -- Reuters

Status
Not open for further replies.