• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

My first thought was that the study did not consider the personal tax impact which would favour those countries with high wage-high tax countries.
I searched for their methodology and found that they did used the wage after tax .
This is really worrying for the next gen Singaporeans.
We have low purchasing power, no natural resources, no global brand companies, no innovative culture, lowering competitiveness of airports and seaports,
and our main resources - our people - is also facing increasing competition globally.
What's more we have one of the highest public debt in Asia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_public_debt)
and our government is being accused of accounting fraud (http://www.baldingsworld.com/) by the tune of $158b.

Everything looks bleak on paper but ironically we cannot deny that Singaporeans do have quite reasonable standard of living. Not the best, but quite ok.
Something is not quite right but just cannot pinpoint what.
Anyway, maybe it's an insurance to have some money in ringgit and be invested in Malaysia.....just in case, you never know.
Remember nobody expected Lehman Bro to collapse.
If SG were to collapse, who would come to our rescue ? We have no resources for them.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
ginfreely.. got to drink lots of gin freely else can't sleep with such news!!

‎"The market value of Standard Chartered Plc tumbled $16 billion on Tuesday after New York's bank regulator threatened to tear up its state banking license for allegedly hiding $250 billion in transactions tied to Iran."

and

Temasek owns 18% of Stanchart !!!!!

battleangel

Alfrescian
Loyal
HTML:
Yes.. $50rm still cheaper than $100 fine in Singapore.. Also if pay the same guy for too long, can become his customer and next time if there is traffic jam, he might help you to open road..

I love Malaysia.. To the corrupted officials, You happy I happy..

Hahahah I like your sense of humor too! I like this forum a lot but sometimes too much of bitterness here. Glad to have you, DoA, Crystal and a few forummers to lighten up the atmosphere here. :smile:

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Locals and foreigners.

I hope the developer is targeting Locals as in Malaysian SPRs, if not they are likely to be missing their target badly if they are pricing an intermediate terrace above $1 million under current conditions.

And by the way are Malaysian SPRs required to have a residential address in Singapore? Do their PR status expired once they are not staying in Singapore?

Any minimum no. of days per year they must stay in Singapore? Or once given PR status, it will remain with them for as long as they want?

I have a feel that PR status is given as a formality and convenience for them to work in Singapore without any restriction, not as what the term Permanent Residence would meant to most of us.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
PR allows a person to reside permanently in the country forever, however PR is gone once you exit SG, hence a re-entry permit is required for a PR to exit/reenter SG and remain an SPR. The reentey permit lasts 5 years. So if an SPR never travels outside SG and remains cooped up in SG forever, theoretically dont need reentry permit and its 5 yrs renewals.

During the 5 yrs SPR can travel, reside, live overseas but i think when it expires, will need to show proof of work/residence in SG etc to convince ICA to renew another 5 years.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehe. Bro gunner is really a funny chap. Sometimes he might not make sense but he will be ok when he takes his medicines regularly hehehehe

HTML:

Hahahah I like your sense of humor too! I like this forum a lot but sometimes too much of bitterness here. Glad to have you, DoA, Crystal and a few forummers to lighten up the atmosphere here. :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya. A bit deceiving when we look at e real life situation vs the findings on paper. I still couldn't quite agree wif it but facts are facts. We just hav 2 continuously improve our own conditions by our own if we cant put faith on some1 else.

My first thought was that the study did not consider the personal tax impact which would favour those countries with high wage-high tax countries.
I searched for their methodology and found that they did used the wage after tax .
This is really worrying for the next gen Singaporeans.
We have low purchasing power, no natural resources, no global brand companies, no innovative culture, lowering competitiveness of airports and seaports,
and our main resources - our people - is also facing increasing competition globally.
What's more we have one of the highest public debt in Asia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_public_debt)
and our government is being accused of accounting fraud (http://www.baldingsworld.com/) by the tune of $158b.

Everything looks bleak on paper but ironically we cannot deny that Singaporeans do have quite reasonable standard of living. Not the best, but quite ok.
Something is not quite right but just cannot pinpoint what.
Anyway, maybe it's an insurance to have some money in ringgit and be invested in Malaysia.....just in case, you never know.
Remember nobody expected Lehman Bro to collapse.
If SG were to collapse, who would come to our rescue ? We have no resources for them.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ... U travel everyday? Then r u classified as tax resident in SG even wif this JB address? Or do they count on the number of days u worked in SG

yes. the person is me.

in fact it is ICA officer to ask me put JB address in the ic when i renew re-entry permit.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you own HDB in Singapore? Will this reduce your chance to buy HDB in Singapore with your under-utilised CRF?

yes. the person is me.

in fact it is ICA officer to ask me put JB address in the ic when i renew re-entry permit.

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ... U travel everyday? Then r u classified as tax resident in SG even wif this JB address? Or do they count on the number of days u worked in SG

I use to travel everyday but had stopped recently and come back work in msia.

as long as more than 183 days per year than will be consider as tax resident. even if travel daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.