• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
At USS they use alot of fans with the mist.. Not too bad but advisable to use sun block

Yeah, that would drive the temperatures a tad. For kids, better dip them in a pool of sun block first before venturing in! Hope they have some cooling huts with air-con inside.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Your Friendly Bank in Singapore!

If banks in Malaysia are also allowed to offer 50 years loan, property prices in Iskandar will Boom with increased demand.
Is 50 yrs tenure available in Malaysia?

I am sure it would propel a property boom. But with a 50 yr mortgage coming out, it is a bad sign. If we recall, property prices in Japan are so high that mortgage terms of 100 years are commonplace. Basically, one is just kicking the can further down the road if he/she is unable to afford to pay for an apartment using a shorter tenure.

Hopefully, it does not become a norm. But don't think there is such a mortgage in MY currently.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah, that would drive the temperatures a tad. For kids, better dip them in a pool of sun block first before venturing in! Hope they have some cooling huts with air-con inside.

yes. i didnt realised that i got a tanned after a visit to uss! really must apply outdoor sun block ....

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, fingers crossed then. I hope they are ready too.

But I have seen the testing of the rotating towers many weeks back.

Horizon Hills, East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Leisure Farm, Ujana are all very near to Legoland.

Am going to ask stupid question.. I did not know leisure farm is near to legoland, after jusco by indah?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis, consider near la ...
If we further define near = within 10 mins reach, would it make more sense? Like tat can include a lot more dev. Hehe

Am going to ask stupid question.. I did not know leisure farm is near to legoland, after jusco by indah?

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yo bro. Hv booked 60" 3d led sharp tv instead. As 70" doesn't come with 3D

Comes with free 3D blu ray player and 3 pairs of glasses.

Now since renovation started. I m thinking to also conceal 4 speakers line from living to dinning halls. Hahaha. Will buy jbl satellite speakers with that. Am I making my house a cafe cum lounge?
Bro bbbear, looks like you're planning a very nice setup for your AV room. May I know why Sharp? I was thinking or Samsung or LG 3d led tv. What audio system did you buy?

The extension of the speakers to the dining hall is cool; your living and dining rooms must be huge to have that kind of setup. Mine is small, so anything playing in the living room can be heard in the dry kitchen too... hehe.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
How Legoland can affect housing values nearby ? I mean residence will only go there once in a while right ?

I very much doubt that Legoland impacts on the real estate prices directly. However, if enough visitors travel there for their holidays, whether they are Malaysians, Singaporeans or other foreigners, it would change their mindset on life there and possibly increase the likelihood of residency in Nusajaya.

This change in perception may help.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I very much doubt that Legoland impacts on the real estate prices directly. However, if enough visitors travel there for their holidays, whether they are Malaysians, Singaporeans or other foreigners, it would change their mindset on life there and possibly increase the likelihood of residency in Nusajaya.

This change in perception may help.

Perhaps for ppl who are working there with higher salary might buy /rent a house there to ease the daily commuting ...
After all , there is another indoor theme park which gg to open end of the year ....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is beside permas golf course, very near to jusco permas jaya. It takes 7mins to reach woodlands checkpoint with the new EDL and 2nd permas bridge.

Developer is BRDB. There's more info here: www.straitsview.com.my

Havent viewed Straits View yet, but the pictures look v nice. Bro, are you the only member who has bought a project there? I didnt see other names on the list of properties. I have also found this to be an interesting project due to its proximity to causeway but its probably too big for my small family size.....haha

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps for ppl who are working there with higher salary might buy /rent a house there to ease the daily commuting ...
After all , there is another indoor theme park which gg to open end of the year ....

Yes Sis Crystal, that could be another thought.

The addition of such theme parks, hopefully, give Nusajaya a softer touch but they must make sure that security is there. If there's news coming out about a child being kidnapped from there, it would put paid to hopes of getting things bigger.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Busy day today, at least 4 sets of friends coming in with relatives, friends and colleagues to buy or look at things here. Helped friends with property defects, car and Astro installation issues. Even a caucasian associate is here to look at houses today. Another busy weekend.

Got a very long running flu, not sure whats wrong as it seems to be worse than i thought. Wife told me early in the morning to get all the things done as she knew i wil be pulled away for something and i guess she was right. Had to set up one of my cars for a friend as he has friends from KL today to look around. Went to look at my new place, pretty happy with it so far.

May not be renting out or selling but using it as another home for my parents as its nearer to our relatives(SG) there and easily accessible to all the things they like.

For fellow folks who like fishing, there is a Shimano shop near Habib (back lanes on the extreme right) Another one selling fishing and general gear worth mentioning has opened for a few months next to African zone.

Wishing all a great weekend. Signing off (and taking a break+recuperating) Wife is also a bit upset of me not spending enough time with her so responses may be delayed here. :smile:
bro wuqi, sounds like you are always busy. Hope you find some time to take a break and enjoy the fruits of your labour as well as time with your newborn. My ex-boss had a long-running cough which didn't get well because he didn't rest enough. That could be the reason why you still have the flu.

Isn't Shimano a bicycle-related brand? I didn't know they also have fishing gear. Saw a bicycle shop at Jalan Simbang near Perling; decent selection of bicycles and they let you test-ride the bicycles. Most of the bikes are above RM1000; although it comes with a lot of features, but it's amazing how much "technology" has progress for bicycles. Thought of getting one to cycle around HH (or NI in the future) 'coz I like cycling.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are a lot more bro. But I won't overwhelm you :smile: Pioneer produces a wide range of system too. You can also look at that

Yes, Many ways to conceal the wires. Just see if one is willing to pay for more cables or conduits etc
Thanks for sharing Bro DoA. Yup, Pioneer is in my list too. Still have another 12 months to check out different possibilities and also the Home Fair in PERSADA next month.

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro bbbear, looks like you're planning a very nice setup for your AV room. May I know why Sharp? I was thinking or Samsung or LG 3d led tv. What audio system did you buy?

The extension of the speakers to the dining hall is cool; your living and dining rooms must be huge to have that kind of setup. Mine is small, so anything playing in the living room can be heard in the dry kitchen too... hehe.

Hi Bro Vincent,
Why we choose Sharp over Samsung (LG was never in our considerations) mainly because Samsung TV may appear to everyone as very bright and vivid.. however, it s too fake. Over time, your eyes will be tired with such "colourful" screen.
Sharp colours are much more natural. And the price is abt the same (we bought at RM7.7k) or cheaper then Samsung. Samsung don't come with 60" LED. and we certainly will not go for Plasma.
Another nice colour LED TV will be Sony but the price is a bit too steep.

I currently have an old sound system (Onkyo AV received+ Jamo speakers), may change in later stage after i settled everything.
Will get an additional karaoke system which several brands to choose from ard 3k plus (1 Karaoke receiver + 1 pair of karoake speakers)
So these 2 systems will run individually but both video will connect to the TV via HDMI.

AV room is in a different room, and i do not want to place a TV in a living room, cause tendency if there is a gathering, everyone will jus watch TV instead of mingling ard...

So i jus place a small sound system (with USB docking, that's for sure) 2 speakers (mounted underneath the false ceiling) in living and 2 speakers at dinning area.. as my place is a rectangle shape, from living to end of dining is ard 60ft long.

Last edited:

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing Bro DoA. Yup, Pioneer is in my list too. Still have another 12 months to check out different possibilities and also the Home Fair in PERSADA next month.

Bro Vincent,
Personally, i will not recommend Pionneer... (maybe i m prejudiced). It lacks of the detail and layers of good sound system shd project.
Try something else like Onkyo, Yamaha.. if you hv a higher budget.. consider Infinity.. these 3 hving quite reasonable price systems and these 3 are real audio makers. (just like buying watches, if you consider over Seiko and CK, buy Seiko, one is a watch maker, another is a fashion maker)

ANd pioneer sometimes aint cheap either.

Status
Not open for further replies.