• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
To those who knows Mr Dennis Ng, my sincere condolences to his family.

The good die young. Though i don't know him personally, i could see from
the comments on FB that he has been sharing a lot and giving lots of good ideas.

Lots of good people gone this year it seems.

Salute to them for their kindness, constant guidance to all and bucking the
selfish trait ingrained in most of us.

Hey Bro, who is Dennis Ng? Something happened to him?

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received a text from NI that they are holding a special preview on The Lake View Apartment on 29th July.Attractive package for early birds. Thought some of you might be interested to attend. if you do attend, please share the information you gathered.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Q Jumpers are everywhere. They just make the experience unpleasant.

Arguments and fights are sometimes the end result.

Everyone just wants to get ahead ... some accomplish the unreasonable way.

Met quite a few gracious people in Singapore who although was in front of me, gave their place as they were still figuring out what to pay, etc.
Thanked them profusely.

Yet one time, i just walked faster and went to an ATM, a woman arrived 5 seconds after me and kept making "tsk tsk" sounds, if she had asked
nicely, i would have gladly let her use first but because she behaved like that, i didn't. A lot of times, these people seemed to be in a hurry, yet
after parking their cars, etc they stroll as if they have all the time in the world. One woman jumped queue and after that, still had to wait for her
hubby to come. (He came just as the last of the long queue got to the ATM)

Yet we also have people who use ATM/CAMs for more than 5 transactions at one go so its a mixed bag. I always wait patiently even if the person in front makes 2-3 deposits but when its my turn, just 1 deposit already have someone behind you (who just came and queued) making all kinds of sounds and noises, clearing throats etc. I am also very fast when at the ATM/CAMs so its really very weird sometimes, everyone is too stressed these days.

As I bank with Alliance, noticed some challenges with the deposit machines in Bukit Indah. They spit out many of the notes that don't conform to their matrix. Very tiring to even deposit a few thousand RMs.

inlinev4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,
I can across this development at Bandar Seri Alam called "Bina Park" which is freehold individual strata title, as the selling price are around Rm250psf for Terrace house of 2-1/2 levels.

I find this seem quite attractive comparing to other current development, on top it come with standard fitting like Aircon, wardrobe and Kitchen cabinets & wood flooring for bedrooms.

Appreciate everyone input as I am a novice in JB property.

Purpose of purchase is more for retirement home in the future, and current for rent-out or weekend home.

Thanks

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Latest view of the clubhouse in The Straits View Residences

image-273654385.jpg

image-2896706317.jpg

This is the new Bungalow show unit launched today

image-654856958.jpg

image-3557136602.jpg

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh ... U r talking about upgrade, then take it slowly loh ... Reno comes first. System can be upgraded anytime.
Yes, I think kinect is really cool. Form of workout + entertainment
U dun sing too loud ... Becuz I will knock on ur door to request to join in hehehe

Me wanted to change my onkyo+jamo to a better one.. but with the extensive $$$$ spending in the renovation... put it on hold first.

Nonetheless, eyeing on a karaoke system so friends can really enjoy when hving gathering.. on top of that thinking to get a X-Box 360 Kinect too..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro bbbear will set up similar system based on his earlier posts. But he is eyeing on 70" sharp. Can't wait 4 him to share his pics!

Yup, it was. But that's in Australia, so things are a bit cheaper there if you earn and stay there. He also has a 50" 3D LED tv with 4 3D glasses and an Xbox. Yup, born a Msian, now an Australian.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Consulate General in Johor:
http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overseasmission/johor_bahru.html

Address:
Suite 35.02, Level 35
Johor Bahru City Square Office Tower
106-108, Jalan Wong Ah Fook
80000 Johor Bahru
Johor, Malaysia

Telephone:
+607 226 5012

Fax:
+607 226 5013

E-Mail:
[email protected]

Operational Hours:
For General Enquiries:-
Mon. – Fri.
8.30am – 1.00pm
2.00pm – 5.00pm

Closed on Sat, Sun and Public Holidays, including Singapore National Day on 9 August

Singaporeans who require urgent help, please click on consular services for advice.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Busy day today, at least 4 sets of friends coming in with relatives, friends and colleagues to buy or look at things here. Helped friends with property defects, car and Astro installation issues. Even a caucasian associate is here to look at houses today. Another busy weekend.

Got a very long running flu, not sure whats wrong as it seems to be worse than i thought. Wife told me early in the morning to get all the things done as she knew i wil be pulled away for something and i guess she was right. Had to set up one of my cars for a friend as he has friends from KL today to look around. Went to look at my new place, pretty happy with it so far.

May not be renting out or selling but using it as another home for my parents as its nearer to our relatives(SG) there and easily accessible to all the things they like.

For fellow folks who like fishing, there is a Shimano shop near Habib (back lanes on the extreme right) Another one selling fishing and general gear worth mentioning has opened for a few months next to African zone.

Wishing all a great weekend. Signing off (and taking a break+recuperating) Wife is also a bit upset of me not spending enough time with her so responses may be delayed here. :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Copy tat. U have a good good rest. We will be good boys and gals here :smile: have a great one!

Busy day today, at least 4 sets of friends coming in with relatives, friends and colleagues to buy or look at things here. Helped friends with property defects, car and Astro installation issues. Even a caucasian associate is here to look at houses today. Another busy weekend.

Got a very long running flu, not sure whats wrong as it seems to be worse than i thought. Wife told me early in the morning to get all the things done as she knew i wil be pulled away for something and i guess she was right. Had to set up one of my cars for a friend as he has friends from KL today to look around. Went to look at my new place, pretty happy with it so far.

May not be renting out or selling but using it as another home for my parents as its nearer to our relatives(SG) there and easily accessible to all the things they like.

For fellow folks who like fishing, there is a Shimano shop near Habib (back lanes on the extreme right) Another one selling fishing and general gear worth mentioning has opened for a few months next to African zone.

Wishing all a great weekend. Signing off (and taking a break+recuperating) Wife is also a bit upset of me not spending enough time with her so responses may be delayed here. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.