• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

danteakc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seldom hear such items being taxed. Normally it's electrical/electronics/big bulky items. Maybe you carried too many to be deemed as for personally consumption? Btw, how much was the tax?

The guy who doesn't look like a small fry, told me that it is $300 rm I told him why not I leave it here for you guys to drink. I told him during the first time when he first caught me should had told me that this is being tax as I told him this is for personal consumption. My wife couldn't handle the filtered water even after boiling as her kidney almost failed. So I had to buy mineral water and evian at the moment seems genuine as mountain dew water.

He gave me a choice to give him $300 rm or turn away. I told him I will drive away. After that I talk to my wife I show him my purse only have $50 rm so he told me can do but next time catch will get the max.

What a lamer.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, as a precaution, please do not meet forum folks here directly on one on one basis unless you know each other personally or unless you know you can trust each other enough to reveal your nick.

Especially if you have posted a lot here. There are those interested in forming groups for fun and it is good but as always, there are those amongst us who are only interested to find out who you are here.

If you must meet, never reveal your nick. Lots of people I helped directly or indirectly never knew who I was and I prefer it that way. I would strongly recommend having property or development specific threads or pages where it's easier to know one another and help or have group meeting. This is at least slightly safer from meeting up with someone who claims he or she stays in Johore but may not be who he claims to be.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Being a non-Malaysian and a mere investor in Malaysian, I am not qualified to comment. But looking at the environment and seeing the images of Malaysians coming together at demonstrations like Bersih 3.0 and Lynas, I can feel the patriotism coursing through the veins.

On the other hand, Singapore seems to be moving further away from a common identity. First of all, the emphasis of ethnic group self help has compartmentalized the understanding of races. This is made worse by the recent influx of foreigners. It will greatly impact on us in the coming months and years.

Race is a sensitive matter. A dislike of a PRC may be easily misunderstood as anti-Chinese if uttered by other races. Likewise, any comments on an Indian foreigner will also create potential animosity.

Very sad, a poorly executed Government policy is turning the country divisive rather than towards a path of harmony.

Well balanced and well written. It is sad but too true. In the name of globalization, things have to change but the change was executed poorly. The original idea was good, (giving credit when it is due to them) but the way it was carried out could have been done better. When a country cheapen itself too much, it no longer draws in talents but the dregs of society from all over. By all means import people from countries who could militarily assist us or have huge impact on SG as a whole in terms of influence.

No issue with FTs as long as they are really good but not on wholesale basis where jobs that can be done by anyone is given freely and locals are discriminated against. If they can assimilate into society, all the better rather than forming enclaves or demanding things be done "their way back home".

Let's not forget, for some of them, "their way" was the very reason why they have to leave it to work and to survive in the first place. Again, there are good FTs as well, respect for the host country and it's people are practiced all over the world, except in SG regrettably where every new arrival sees it fit to lecture as soon as they arrive and worse, are encouraged to do so.

What one sees on the outside even if one stays there for years does not equate to knowing the feelings of the local people. The full impact of policies are only felt keenly by those who have to live through it. When my Malaysian friends complain about their government, I never say anything as I did not go though their pain even though I can see the effects of good and bad policies. Everyone is entitled to complain about ones own country. I respect that.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The guy who doesn't look like a small fry, told me that it is $300 rm I told him why not I leave it here for you guys to drink. I told him during the first time when he first caught me should had told me that this is being tax as I told him this is for personal consumption. My wife couldn't handle the filtered water even after boiling as her kidney almost failed. So I had to buy mineral water and evian at the moment seems genuine as mountain dew water.

He gave me a choice to give him $300 rm or turn away. I told him I will drive away. After that I talk to my wife I show him my purse only have $50 rm so he told me can do but next time catch will get the max.

What a lamer.

I am sorry to hear, imported water is taxed, maybe take back lesser and do multiple tripestate small quantities each time. If I may, for kidney issues, stay away from drinking too much water at one go. Have you tried with a better filter like Osim? I have tried Waterpik, etc but best experience was with Osim where the water really feels clean to drink.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Me too, felt so happy spending weekends and school holidays participating in NDP practice and rehearsals then. Now only feel betrayal and anger, hear those songs I switch channel straight away.

I was once like that too.

Where is the country I grew up with, sights and sounds lost in the wind?
Where are the people I used to know, all gone and lost with the flow.
That many feels so strange, in their own land, as if estranged.
Where is the country I used to know? Was it all a show?

The answer my friend, is falling with the rain, like water that is flowing
down the drain.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
It's only human to be feeling a bit down at times. Most importantly is to know how to perk yourself up again and I have faith that u will get back on track in no time. Press on bro

Thanks man, it was a bad week but looking forward to a new one. Lots of friends came in with kids and had water theme parties this weekend. Busied myself with helping where I can, made some improvements to the school, did some work, work wise.

After dinner with dad and family at the Thai restaurant, went back and relaxed. Went around my neighbors place and spraying WD40 on their gates and watered some of their grass. Very pleasant evening today, some respite after a bad week I guess.

Thankful for this place.

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sorry to hear, imported water is taxed, maybe take back lesser and do multiple tripestate small quantities each time. If I may, for kidney issues, stay away from drinking too much water at one go. Have you tried with a better filter like Osim? I have tried Waterpik, etc but best experience was with Osim where the water really feels clean to drink.

Hi wuxi,

Need to check with you, I usually brings in those 5lit type of water from Singapore, about 3 to 5 bottles n have been lucky that I have never been tax. Was supurised to know that water is taxable over there. At times I forgot n get water directly from the tap n boiled to make coffee or tea, is it safe to do that??
Thsnks

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal

down the drain.

Wow!!! So well said! I love it!!!

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well said :smile:

The writing is all on the wall since the last few years. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems there's no point of return.

down the drain.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuji,

Do you know where can I buy god Altar in JB?
I tried searching the furniture store cannot find..

need to shift the goddess from sg to jb..
no altar cannot shift.. :(

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks man, it was a bad week but looking forward to a new one. Lots of friends came in with kids and had water theme parties this weekend. Busied myself with helping where I can, made some improvements to the school, did some work, work wise.

After dinner with dad and family at the Thai restaurant, went back and relaxed. Went around my neighbors place and spraying WD40 on their gates and watered some of their grass. Very pleasant evening today, some respite after a bad week I guess.

Thankful for this place.

wow , sounds fun !!!! u have a pool in yr semi-D ?
Gd to hear that u are releaxing yrself ....

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drivers with autocar, be careful.. My crazy car refused to drive forward when I engaged on drive gear, it went backwards instead. Tried reverse gear, neutral gear too , still moves backward. Luckily there were no people or car behind.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drivers with autocar, be careful.. My crazy car refused to drive forward when I engaged on drive gear, it went backwards instead. Tried reverse gear, neutral gear too , still moves backward. Luckily there were no people or car behind.

wow , thats scary ....
How old is your car and the make and model ?

angelgemini

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have drink malaysia tap water (after boiled) for more than 26 years.. i still alive..
do you think leh?
malaysia have millions of citizen, if the water cannot drink, that they drink?

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow , thats scary ....
How old is your car and the make and model ?

Yes very scary... Bm, btw merc too. Once I Own a Merc, drove half way it just sudden stop n everything goes dead! Someone almost bang me. That was after my service, it was always service n maintain by cycle n carriage, they told me need to change n re wire the whole thing, lots of excuses n no choice but to pay the 3k the worst was after re wiring it happens again, this time luckily.. Just happens at my doorstep. So I sold the car n bought this, it's only two year plus.. Talk about luck!!!

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
i have drink malaysia tap water (after boiled) for more than 26 years.. i still alive..
do you think leh?
malaysia have millions of citizen, if the water cannot drink, that they drink?

Hmmm, I believed too, but heard about the kidney problem issue earlier n also see a lot of those coin machine to buy purified water, so just asking.. Anyway I have been boiling water from the tap too n sure it's ok Since most doing so

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know if you drink a lot of Malaysia water, your complexion will turn white and smooth.. especially those ladies who consume Ipoh water, all looked good and nice..

The water in HH is supposed to be good and tasty.. filtered away the soils and drink it.. After staying here for a few weekends, I don't seem to have acnes.. and looked healthier..

Hmmm, I believed too, but heard about the kidney problem issue earlier n also see a lot of those coin machine to buy purified water, so just asking.. Anyway I have been boiling water from the tap too n sure it's ok Since most doing so

Sanur

Alfrescian
Loyal
You know if you drink a lot of Malaysia water, your complexion will turn white and smooth.. especially those ladies who consume Ipoh water, all looked good and nice..

The water in HH is supposed to be good and tasty.. filtered away the soils and drink it.. After staying here for a few weekends, I don't seem to have acnes.. and looked healthier..

Wow... Can invite me to stay over or bottled the drink to sell it to me lo

angelgemini

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the people who have kidney problem, better do not drink those coin machine that sell purified water. i do not trust those that safe for kidney problem person drink. Have not choice but to buy the distilled water machine at home and bring those water out. Or buy at hypermarket for distilled water.

Status
Not open for further replies.