• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also tried just now and spoke to uncle Jang, aka James Bong.. Very interesting and charming person..
This is his 4th restaurant... He started his business in KL.. Food is quite good.. It is amazing people like him started to setup business in Johor..

Just back from dinner at uncle jang, its actually near the nusa duta office...not along the main road though so u hv to explore ard abit

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds good. U guys have been passing by and missing each other ... You guys might had been sitting next to each other without knowing :-)

Bro, what's James bong !

I also tried just now and spoke to uncle Jang, aka James Bong.. Very interesting and charming person..
This is his 4th restaurant... He started his business in KL.. Food is quite good.. It is amazing people like him started to setup business in Johor..

Last edited:

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
arsenal said:

Haha what a coincidence~

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm sure he is well into these electronics systems and he will set up a really powerful combination.

Btw bro bbbear, what system, speakers and its brand do you intend to get? Will you buy from Adelphi? So far, I haven't seen any decent brand for the systems in JB, have you?

I already hv my onkyo system smuggled from sg

Jus going to get a sub woofer plus a bmb karaoke system.

Actually now adays sg electronics not really cheaper and the hassles to bring back maybe too troublesome

I actually saw one new infinity sound system looks so cool at senq. But it gonna cost me another 10k plus. Take it slowly. Wait I settle the renovation and slowly add in the accessories.

The projector not really suitable as it doesn't come with full hd n 3d. Hahaha. I will be contented to have 60-70" in my 2 bedroom that hacked into 1 audio video room. Cheers

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Onkyo makes pretty good stuff especially their Integra series in the past. Used to be quite siao about HT and Hifi but have mellowed with age. Now can accept listening to mp3 or even internet radio played through my iMac :biggrin:

Still using my 10yr old Pioneer AV receiver and Energy Take 5.2 5.1 speakers with a Mirage subwoofer. Works fine but now my Phillips TV just died on me. Thinking whether worth it to fix it up or just buy a new gen flat screen TV instead...

I already hv my onkyo system smuggled from sg

Jus going to get a sub woofer plus a bmb karaoke system.

Actually now adays sg electronics not really cheaper and the hassles to bring back maybe too troublesome

I actually saw one new infinity sound system looks so cool at senq. But it gonna cost me another 10k plus. Take it slowly. Wait I settle the renovation and slowly add in the accessories.

The projector not really suitable as it doesn't come with full hd n 3d. Hahaha. I will be contented to have 60-70" in my 2 bedroom that hacked into 1 audio video room. Cheers

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is actually very cool and innovative. The issue I have with the awning setups I see are that they are rather tacky looking and I doubt the PC used is durable although I am looking to extend the shelter over the porch so that my cars are protected from the elements. Still searching for a decent solution...

Isn't it great if you could do this

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Onkyo makes pretty good stuff especially their Integra series in the past. Used to be quite siao about HT and Hifi but have mellowed with age. Now can accept listening to mp3 or even internet radio played through my iMac :biggrin:

Still using my 10yr old Pioneer AV receiver and Energy Take 5.2 5.1 speakers with a Mirage subwoofer. Works fine but now my Phillips TV just died on me. Thinking whether worth it to fix it up or just buy a new gen flat screen TV instead...

Woah bro just nice then your tv chose d best time
to die on u. Pc show 2012 still on at suntec till tonite. Bargains n freebies galore there. What r u waitg for bro? :smile:

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
2befree,

what is pc? Protective cover? Extension from ur currnt car pouch should be easy as i noticed.most of car pouches from new developments r rc.

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes very possible to do but best if u can get drawings from devolper n work from there.

The glass roof initial thought is to able to hv a sitting area rain or shine.. of course if unable to find an alternative, will jus install what the developer has.
. .

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha but I am in MY plus I tend to avoid crowded places like such exhibitions.

I will just buy a last season clearance model when the time is right over here, more convenient especially for warranty issues plus my car is too small to bring across anything larger than 32" LCD :biggrin:

Woah bro just nice then your tv chose d best time
to die on u. Pc show 2012 still on at suntec till tonite. Bargains n freebies galore there. What r u waitg for bro? :smile:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, bad habit to use acronyms....PC is polycarbonate. It is a tough plastic but can be brittle under the sun and will tend to haze and be susceptible to scratches unless high quality types are used which I doubt after seeing the construction and materials used.

Extension is easy, doing it tastefully and durable is not :smile:

2befree,

what is pc? Protective cover? Extension from ur currnt car pouch should be easy as i noticed.most of car pouches from new developments r rc.

Polymin

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is actually very cool and innovative. The issue I have with the awning setups I see are that they are rather tacky looking and I doubt the PC used is durable although I am looking to extend the shelter over the porch so that my cars are protected from the elements. Still searching for a decent solution...

Tempered Glass could be an alternative - but rather expensive and the silicone gaps is prone to leaks.

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all

Solar or electric storage

Wanna hv rain shower so storage is needed. Now the question is solar or electric heater

Initial thought want to hv solar however there is only mostly me and my partner hence the shop owner told us roi is not worthy for low no of ppl at home.

What's ur guys thought

Bigfatfish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tempered Glass could be an alternative - but rather expensive and the silicone gaps is prone to leaks.

Hi Polymin

saw ur blog. cool!!!! Well done!!!! that is the most bitter plant i've ever kenna too. damn bittter, nothing beats that.

sliicone will always crack, maybe a way of lengthing the lifespan is after it's installed, waterproof it, then paint over it. prior to that apply a layer of sealant over it. that maybe not do the trick but it might work or have a 2 inch capping over it. not sure if it can work.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear all

Solar or electric storage

Wanna hv rain shower so storage is needed. Now the question is solar or electric heater

Initial thought want to hv solar however there is only mostly me and my partner hence the shop owner told us roi is not worthy for low no of ppl at home.

What's ur guys thought

Go with Solar Heater. Initial outlay is high but if you take "long" hot showers or even hot baths, works out cheaper in the long run. If relatives of yours or your partner stay over, will also want to have hot showers in the evening. See post #6597 for contact. Tell him the guy from HH GOLF precint mentioned him. Please read the proviso in #6597!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.