• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha, I tried that once in a Singapore golf course with a group of children, saw a lot of strange animals...
I also have tried doing that several times over trekking, army or camping trips in Thailand, Nepal, Australia, NZ, Taiwan and Malaysia of course.. I planned to do that one day in HH if I can't sleep and when the sky is dark.... Just climb over the fence no problem for me...as the fence is just beside my house..

i dun think can just walk into the golf course like that ....usually e lights are off and its looks scary ....
maybe let arsenal try out first and take pic ...

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha, I tried that once in a Singapore golf course with a group of children, saw a lot of strange animals...
I also have tried doing that several times over trekking, army or camping trips in Thailand, Nepal, Australia, NZ, Taiwan and Malaysia of course.. I planned to do that one day in HH if I can't sleep and when the sky is dark.... Just climb over the fence no problem for me...as the fence is just beside my house..

Bro, I admire your sense of adventure. That said, I have noticed some professional cyclists going up and down the Coastal Highway after midnight. Seems like this is the kind of spirit to adopt when living in Malaysia. :smile:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Over the weekend, I saw one advertisement by Setia in the newspaper. They are developing a condo in SG Potong Pasir, can't remember the name of the project.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to touch on this matter. I feel the recent post regarding "kulit-fication and not qualification" is totally uncalled for and insensitive and has no place in this forum which has been a beacon of light for many. Although I am not Malay I have many hardworking Malay friends and have been in Sg long enough to say that "kulit-fication" is rampant in Singapore too. Perhaps just the reverse scenario. Like some posters have rightully said, pls respect the laws of the land. If not, there is always 'fair' Singapore to return to if things are unbearable in Jb.

ps: Moderators should clamp on such posts to prevent this forum from being tainted.

I thought it is a fact the bumi policies in MY give preferential treatment for Malays, no? Also Diaspora is Malaysian, why did you assume and make such comment that there is always 'fair' Spore to return to? You mentioned you have been in SG long enough, hmm not whole life..are you Singaporean?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hearsay that actor Andy Lau (Chinese but not Singaporean) was offered MY PR.....

Is it? Recently I read the MY newspaper in a cafe and some govt official was clarifying say Andy Lau is not PR but welcome to apply - like anyone else :smile: That should be the way, not like SG govt give PR and citizenship away like toilet paper..

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, I like that.
But seriously, having a degree is way over-rated.

I rather like to think that we are getting literate in Singapore but not getting an education.

Actually I was serious leh..Pinoy and India doctors can come to SG to work so easily, then why can't parents send kids to study medicine in Pinoy university and then come here to work? Easy life for the kids and little investment and big return for the parents..I have ex-colleague who some years ago need to sell her car and continue to work in order to send her kid to study medicine in UK..

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw both the companies at the recent home fair. Good products, especially hong lee, their booth was so packed with people ...
My wife and I love the idea of being able to convert our ideas into workable designs and using aluminum which is long-lasting. We thought of using it for the grills, gate and fence, sliding patio doors, shoe and kitchen cabinets, walk-in wardrobe and many more.

Bro, when will ur place be ready?

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice to hear, its really faster. Have friends who are making the move now after having the house rented out, etc. They told me after staying at their relatives house, that it is really doable.
Yes, it's faster.

Seems like every Monday morning around 7.45am, there will be a lot of cars queuing at the Sg Tuas checkpoint, queue starts just below the slope on the bridge. I was telling my wife, if things pick up in Nusajaya, the congestion might be a daily occurrence. Might need to leave house a bit earlier to beat the traffic.

Next week there are 2 PH, I foresee lesser cars on Monday morning going to Sg because some people might go on a holiday.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have a habit of patrolling (back in NS always kenna prowler) so whenever cannot sleep or after work, i will drive by the gates of friends and relatives just to help them keep a look out. Its not daily as it depends on my schedule but i try to swing by at least once a couple of days.

It could be a fallen bicycle, plant or electricity out so i can notify them but i just do my part as i know they will do the same for me. Another friend of mine (Australian) is very keen to look at Johore, got so keen he will be going there tomorrow to have a look.

Hope to be able to live near your place next time provided not beyond me.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's the same principle. Ask crystal whether she had ever dreamt that she would buy property in JB? And look what she has achieved now? :smile: need not say more, everything is possible :smile:

Got , 2 yrs ago when I started playing golf at hh , i wish I hv a house there ....
Not everything is possible la else I would hv got married long ago.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
sound proof as much as I can , since e speaker is facing my room !!!
Nusa sentral near NI meh ?
Dun forget , NI west lake and apartments are going to launch , i am pretty sure its gg to be crowded .
I prefer quiet environment leh.....so noisy i may as well stay in pigeon hole and listen to engines start early morning ....

Heard that the railroad gatekeeper families who live next to rail track could not sleep if the trains for whatever reasons are late. Guess you just need to get into rhythm with your environment.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard that the railroad gatekeeper families who live next to rail track could not sleep if the trains for whatever reasons are late. Guess you just need to get into rhythm with your environment.

Am a light sleeper. I stay low floors for so many yrs still can't get use e lorry engine sound. Didn't hv quality sleep

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smell good? Lia bo kui leh.:confused:

Anyway sis, who knows sekali one day God Almighty introduce one Abang who resemble like below, u may change your mind and take kambing soup instead.

God works in a mysterious way.:biggrin:

http://beautyfounder.blogspot.com/2008/07/aaron-aziz-is-new-face-for-loreal-paris.html

Means they always spray nice perfume. Ya , this one looks good but still no ....anyway I like man with charisma , physical appearance not so impt , must hv a charm to attract me.
U been missing so long , bought property Liao or not ?

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Means they always spray nice perfume. Ya , this one looks good but still no ....anyway I like man with charisma , physical appearance not so impt , must hv a charm to attract me.
U been missing so long , bought property Liao or not ?

Charisma, like chow yong fatt huh?

Sis, i been running here and there like mad dog. Very kancheong. Wife ask me to slow down. If its yours, its yours. No point beating the dead line and end up with a miserable home.

By the way, your unit int or corner ya?

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sis, i been running here and there like mad dog. Very kancheong. Wife ask me to slow down. If its yours, its yours. No point beating the dead line and end up with a miserable home.

By the way, your unit int or corner ya?

It's a end lot. U intend to buy which development?

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's a end lot. U intend to buy which development?

Have PM several bros cos my knowledge of Msia developments very limited. Bt Indah, Austin, BDO, NI to name a few. These are the "affordable" one for me time being.

Since the sound of the prayers call irritate u badly, any intention to sell your unit?:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.