• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everybody, first time posting here after following this superb thread for almost a yr till now and I noticed most of you guys here have mostly similiar wants and outlook in life. Me sama sama.

1. Unhappy with the way things are going here in sinkieland.
2. Very down to earth and rational people with simple pleasure eg. cheap and good food, seeing our children enjoying themselves with nature like waterfalls, catching crabs on beaches, do not mind not shopping at a local pasar malam instead of a posh shopping mall,...etc. ( miss those good old days )
3. Not racist unlike so many of my friends here who always feels our Malay bros there are of a different mindset ( what do they expect from people staying in the land of abundance for centuries unlike China where wars, corruption and hunger is the way of life since the beginning of time. And now with some opportunities to make $$, we all will work like hell for a better life. That's probably why the other races don't understand us.
4. Sees potential in properties here as their mindset ( malaysian govt ) now is different from before (although we are still in the minorities ).
5. Lastly of course, the quality of life. Meaningless to be paying our mortgages here in sg for a lifetime ( what if there's a major downturn from this high level )

Ok, I sincerely wishes everyone here good luck and enjoy your newfound life and have a great time with families, friends and also new friends forever.
Remember, no country stays the same forever. The world is always changing.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, last few years they did grossly inflate the asset by mass importing people, but so easy, if it is a good and correct method why no other govt in this world do this? Afterall USA housing prices are so low now, but we don't see them mass importing people.

It is bad enough that the Government pursues such a policy. Now the corporations are fully discriminating the locals.

Wonder if Astro will have Singapore Specials? :smile:

We deserve red card for expat package, says StarHub
Euro 2012 goodies now for first 2,000 who sign up for promotion, not just European fans here
By Jalelah Abu Baker & Kezia Toh
StarHub on Sunday apologised for running an expatriates-only football promotion that offered gifts worth $50.
In an attempt to placate angry Singaporean fans, the firm announced that the first 2,000 people of any nationality who sign up for the Uefa Euro 2012 television package will now receive the goodies. They include a travel bag, a mug, a portable fan and a six-can cooler bag.
The promotion, which started at the beginning of this month, was initially targeted at fans from England, France, Germany, the Netherlands and Spain. It was marketed directly to them through their clubs and association publications.
On Sunday, StarHub told The Straits Times it apologised for any ill feelings that might have been caused.

L

lotus

Is it safe to cummute everyday frm singapore back to jb via jb cab after 11pm from ciq? Any potential risk?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your fren sg or malaysian? If sg girl still understandable because many tot they are in singapore. If malaysia girl then its her fault because she should know how dangerous places like taman century and taman sentosa is.

She's from JB, staying at Taman Century. 1st robbery at age 33 despite always going out till past midnight. Tinted glass does seem to be a good detergent. No wonder I see more expensive Malaysian cars tend to have tinted glass, compared to cheaper ones.

As I am typing, a staff just came over to request for leave to do her IC in Malaysia, because her bag was stolen after leaving it in her car. I think basic vigilance goes a long way to preventing crime. Btw, with the new EDL, it takes roughly 10-15 mins to get from Taman Molek to causeway. Add another 10 mins to get to Setia Tropika. Hopefully the finalised toll charge will be reasonable, say RM 2.90 per trip? (^_^)

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
When u guys mentioned tinted film, r u guys referring to full black dark-out film? I was told that in Malaysia, the max darkness of the film is about 70%, something like that. There is a term addressing this 70% ratio, something to do with light permeability, but sorry, I don't know the term.

So for this case which happened at night time, unless a totally black-out film is used (which is also an offense), then this precautionary measure isn't quite as effective, IMHO

She's from JB, staying at Taman Century. 1st robbery at age 33 despite always going out till past midnight. Tinted glass does seem to be a good detergent. No wonder I see more expensive Malaysian cars tend to have tinted glass, compared to cheaper ones.

As I am typing, a staff just came over to request for leave to do her IC in Malaysia, because her bag was stolen after leaving it in her car. I think basic vigilance goes a long way to preventing crime. Btw, with the new EDL, it takes roughly 10-15 mins to get from Taman Molek to causeway. Add another 10 mins to get to Setia Tropika. Hopefully the finalised toll charge will be reasonable, say RM 2.90 per trip? (^_^)

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
When u guys mentioned tinted film, r u guys referring to full black dark-out film? I was told that in Malaysia, the max darkness of the film is about 70%, something like that. There is a term addressing this 70% ratio, something to do with light permeability, but sorry, I don't know the term.

So for this case which happened at night time, unless a totally black-out film is used (which is also an offense), then this precautionary measure isn't quite as effective, IMHO

Usually, before a robbery, the motorcyclist will have driven past the car once or twice to take a quick glance to see if it has 'potential'. At 70% tinted & at his speed, he has difficulty to decipher how many people are in the car & where is the handbag put. My friend has also claimed it is harder to smash tinted film but I am not sure how true this claim is.......Anyway she put full tinted after the case, and intends to give kopi money if stopped by police....haha

KNNBCCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(^_^)

becareful hor ... you might have been marked before kena robbed ...

[video=youtube;8mbLLHxr0ng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mbLLHxr0ng[/video]

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should just wait for those golf facing semis d facing gateway in the golf precinct to TOP and buy them as the golf view is across from left to right. Its far away from coastal highway as well. If u r lucky, some owners may still ask for a mere rm 1.6m

thanks for the suggestion horizonhills!
seems like acquiring a house in HH is getting beyond my means by each passing day
by seeing the magnitude of constructions (residential properties) in nusajaya, it makes me feel how the growth is going to sustain without any options for jos being created
is it going to form property bubble...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
But at 70%, it will become a shield only under the sun light, like a reflective screen. At night, it wil become crystal clear leh ... The 100% thingy, don't broadcast it here la haha, better give proper info to all readers :wink:

Usually, before a robbery, the motorcyclist will have driven past the car once or twice to take a quick glance to see if it has 'potential'. At 70% tinted & at his speed, he has difficulty to decipher how many people are in the car & where is the handbag put. My friend has also claimed it is harder to smash tinted film but I am not sure how true this claim is.......Anyway she put full tinted after the case, and intends to give kopi money if stopped by police....haha

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
But at 70%, it will become a shield only under the sun light, like a reflective screen. At night, it wil become crystal clear leh ... The 100% thingy, don't broadcast it here la haha, better give proper info to all readers :wink:

Actually doesn't have to be 100% dark, just get the gold dust one from Vcool. (looks like the colour of the visor on Master Chief's helmet - HALO)
Cannot see in in the day, in the night, even worst as i used double layers for one of my cars, one normal and the other from Vcool. From inside can
see out but from outside, virtually impossible. I use it only for the back boot area, etc so unless you use a very powerful torch light, else can't see
anything.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually doesn't have to be 100% dark, just get the gold dust one from Vcool. (looks like the colour of the visor on Master Chief's helmet - HALO)
Cannot see in in the day, in the night, even worst as i used double layers for one of my cars, one normal and the other from Vcool. From inside can
see out but from outside, virtually impossible. I use it only for the back boot area, etc so unless you use a very powerful torch light, else can't see
anything.

Thanks Bro Wuqi. I will ask more about gold dust from Vcool. My friend's incident was at Taman Century while my staff's was at Taman Melodies. Think we need to exercise extra care especially in the old JB town area....

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are all time "favourite" Tamans including Sri Tebrau (Da Ma), Sentosa and Pelangi. The crooks are lured there because of KSL City ...

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The precaution 'Do not leave your valuables in your car' applies everywhere except in heaven. People smashed cars even for cash cards.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The precaution 'Do not leave your valuables in your car' applies everywhere except in heaven. People smashed cars even for cash cards.

Very true, crime exist everywhere even in first world countries, so just becareful and take necessary precaution.
Everytime friends and myself share about experience abroad including one where close friend got mugged in Paris,
no one believes. They don't think there is crime at all in first world countries somehow.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
really , but i super dislike bird shit on my car .....

Set it free, but bird droppings are part and parcel. Clean with water and use those car polish to gently clean it up.
Expert paint guy told me ideally one must wash the car one has daily with just water and not the commercial type
of car wash as most will fade or spoil the lustre of the original paint eventually.

Me? I don't wash it at all. Only time i spray water on the car is to cool it off or to degrease the engine. Innards
sparkling, outside frightening. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Bro Wuqi. I will ask more about gold dust from Vcool. My friend's incident was at Taman Century while my staff's was at Taman Melodies. Think we need to exercise extra care especially in the old JB town area....

The guy i know closed down already else this will become another standard in all my cars. Its so good that my wife and son can be sticking out their tongues at me
but i cannot see(yes they did). I have a habit of waving thanks to people when they let me pass but wife told me not to when in that car, as they can never see inside. One time i was guiding my wife in another car and i was using this car in front, all the gestures, she could not see, only those where i rolled down the windows and pointed.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very true, crime exist everywhere even in first world countries, so just becareful and take necessary precaution.
Everytime friends and myself share about experience abroad including one where close friend got mugged in Paris,
no one believes. They don't think there is crime at all in first world countries somehow.

Could think of first world Italy. Rome probably comparable to JB if not worse

Status
Not open for further replies.