• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm...i am quite confused. The Molek u mentioned I suppose is at Taman Sutera? But if i am not mistaken teres another Molek taman...somewhere near Saujuna area? Am i right?:confused:

Oh apologies for the confuson. I bought at Taman Molek, which is near the Ponderosa golf course, ie quite near the Tebrau/Austin area. If given a choice, I would have preferred Nusajaya area like HH which is close to both 1st n 2nd link. But my wife n in-laws are locals, n they are not comfortable with Bukit Indah area, as they prefer somewhere near 1st link & Jusco Tebrau... That said, I believe all areas have room to grow with the Iskandar project....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I know as i bought more than 2 units from this group. I still maintain the statement i made from the very first day, buy for own stay first. Always only invest what you can afford to lose.

Wah! This one got to agree with u 100%!

Its safer and with tat extra, we "gamble" with it. Afterall no risk no gain...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh apologies for the confuson. I bought at Taman Molek, which is near the Ponderosa golf course, ie quite near the Tebrau/Austin area. If given a choice, I would have preferred Nusajaya area like HH which is close to both 1st n 2nd link. But my wife n in-laws are locals, n they are not comfortable with Bukit Indah area, as they prefer somewhere near 1st link & Jusco Tebrau... That said, I believe all areas have room to grow with the Iskandar project....

Yes. Tat the one i went to look see look see :(. Near Ponderosa. Beautiful but expensive. G&G. Terraces sold out! But still have some SemiD available. And that area bustling with business!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Agree, still lots of areas to choose from, even like Seri Alam, etc. Growth is coming to most parts of the place. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yes. Tat the one i went to look see look see :(. Near Ponderosa. Beautiful but expensive. G&G. Terraces sold out! But still have some SemiD available. And that area bustling with business!

That area is going to be the new Japan town. :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Molek Haven (terrace) is not yet sold out. But its selling for RM 698K now leh (24 x 80). The Semi-D is at Ponderosa. Its selling for RM 1.6M (45 x 115). I just went to the open houses 2 weeks ago.....hehe......The Ponderosa houses really beautiful man......

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wah! This one got to agree with u 100%!

Its safer and with tat extra, we "gamble" with it. Afterall no risk no gain...

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Of course heros almost always dies young but hey everyone only dies once.
Why not live your dreams? I rather fly and get shot down trying rather then to never have flown at all.

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, Jones the Grocer is coming to Molek? I din know that......The game changer is Ikea. Where it eventually goes, the housing prices there will receive a sharp boost... I find Sutera Utama and Austin the most buzzing areas in JB now. They are like our Toa Payoh and AMK. In the future, the most happening area could be Danga Bay Waterfront.......Hard to tell now though you cant really go wrong with Bukit Indah area....

What i hear from my friends work in bank mortgage.. Ikea is not coming to JB.. main reason was complaint from Singapore Ikea that Ikea should not setup another outlet in such a close proximity..

I think a lot of ppl were buying the houses ard that area due to Ikea.. not sure what will happen later... and the traffic from Austin to JB is always a nightmare.. with the ridiculuous EDL don;t think will be much better.. cause the EDL only link up to Pandan interchange.. not up to Jusco Tebrau or Austin heigh area.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Molek Haven (terrace) is not yet sold out. But its selling for RM 698K now leh (24 x 80). The Semi-D is at Ponderosa. Its selling for RM 1.6M (45 x 115). I just went to the open houses 2 weeks ago.....hehe......The Ponderosa houses really beautiful man......

Hmmm..and tat sales staff (guy) told me its sold out for corner terr. But not cheap ya...

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Of course heros almost always dies young but hey everyone only dies once.
Why not live your dreams? I rather fly and get shot down trying rather then to never have flown at all.

I get ur drift bro. Never try never know. Determination and perseverance...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I saw it at ksl. It looks very sturdy and tough. Normal cutter can't cut through. Can't bang it through also. But if use professional motor cutter, sure can't hold up ...

Agree, the strongest lock though is only a matter of time if someone is equipped, skilled and have enough time. Time is the main deterring factor for criminals as the longer it takes, the higher the risk. The thing you can do is to make it not worth their while (and time) to pick your place.

Drops of Jupiter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some stories I heard about Laguna. Maybe some bro's here can verify. The quality of first phase houses build are not up to standards. e.g. Floor tiles are not even.

Laguna design is big. 24 x 80. One needs to pass through some native kampung before reaching Laguna. In terms of location of course Laguna is nearer to causeway compared to setia tropika and bukit indah. In terms of convenience e.g. food, transportation, infrastructure of course nusajaya area is better.

I have alot of malaysian friends, one is working as a manager in a factory in jb for 10 years. he's currently drawing 7K/month. a 500K house is a burden to him as he has a family to feed. Imagine besides housing installment, there's university fees for the childrens, petrol and toll, food, etc. Not easy as what he mentioned.

Another one is a fresh grad with 2 years work experience drawing only 3K/month. Single person. After deducting CPF and tax monthly income is 2.6K. Needs to pay for car installment 600, study loan 400, petrol and toll 400, food 500, entertainment etc 300...all gone. no savings. still staying with parents. Unable to buy a house in nusajaya. Sad but true. Majority of the normal and average malaysians cannot afford to buy.

I will still stick to my personal opinion that those rich malaysian tycoons, businessman, datuks and those working in singaporean are the ones that can afford buying a property in Nusajaya area.

7k / month cannot buy 500k house? That's probably true - at 4.2% interest over 30 years, easily 2.2k RM,
Was thinking about how this reflects on Singapore - a can a Singaporean earning 7k SGD a month (gross) buy a HDB flat which can cost easily 500k? We have lower interest rates - assume std HDB concessionary loan at 2.6%, it's about 1.8 SGD a month. Oops - that's nearly 40% of gross pay gone, and 7k is already quite a bit above median income...

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw it at ksl. It looks very sturdy and tough. Normal cutter can't cut through. Can't bang it through also. But if use professional motor cutter, sure can't hold up ...

How abt the lock? u think this can replace the normal grill.. did u ask the cost as well... i certainly dun like the normal bulky grill but for security.. seems like a no choice solution.. will invest on a good lock also.. to hv better piece of mind at night.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
What lock bro? The wire mesh comes with a frame that has lock on it. It has about 4 lock point I think. And lifetime guarantee on wear and tear. This certainly can replace the grills, and I like it better, because it can keep insects out, airiate the house, and refrain my pets from getting out of house. They customize their products at a cost, the standard sizes cost from 2k upwards. U can decide on colors to match your house as they will coat them. This is talking about door.

They also do window at lower cost accordingly.

So u can see it costs more than grilles but it serves many aspects that I like. I think it's good idea for majestec .. They have a showroom, why not have a visit? :smile: btw, dun need to do all areas with wire mess right? More prominent areas,especially the front porch with sliding door with this majestec will look awesome!

How abt the lock? u think this can replace the normal grill.. did u ask the cost as well... i certainly dun like the normal bulky grill but for security.. seems like a no choice solution.. will invest on a good lock also.. to hv better piece of mind at night.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi, I remember this Molek/ponderosa developer very selective, when I visited them last time the sales guy told me they prefer not to sell to Singaporeans who are not staying there or for weekend only.

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
What lock bro? The wire mesh comes with a frame that has lock on it. It has about 4 lock point I think. And lifetime guarantee on wear and tear. This certainly can replace the grills, and I like it better, because it can keep insects out, airiate the house, and refrain my pets from getting out of house. They customize their products at a cost, the standard sizes cost from 2k upwards. U can decide on colors to match your house as they will coat them. This is talking about door.

They also do window at lower cost accordingly.

So u can see it costs more than grilles but it serves many aspects that I like. I think it's good idea for majestec .. They have a showroom, why not have a visit? :smile: btw, dun need to do all areas with wire mess right? More prominent areas,especially the front porch with sliding door with this majestec will look awesome!

Ya.. you think the 4pt lock is secured enough.. yah. i hv the flyer too.. another thing i was impressed at KSL was the Johnson Suisse which is cheaper then i thought.. a bathroom basin cost RM400-RM800 and Schneider power point.. which good design but pricy starting from RM20-RM120.. wonder where i can these stuff cheaper in Singapore..

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I remember this Molek/ponderosa developer very selective, when I visited them last time the sales guy told me they prefer not to sell to Singaporeans who are not staying there or for weekend only.

Haha my ex-Setia friend did say Setia Tropika had issues with Singaporeans who stayed there for weekends only, and refused to pay monthly maintenance fees. When these Singaporeans were not let into the compound, they would park their cars right outside the gate, creating a jam till the security guard is forced to let them in. My friend was utterly disgusted at them. These Singaporeans really gave us a bad name! Haiz....

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha my ex-Setia friend did say Setia Tropika had issues with Singaporeans who stayed there for weekends only, and refused to pay monthly maintenance fees. When these Singaporeans were not let into the compound, they would park their cars right outside the gate, creating a jam till the security guard is forced to let them in. My friend was utterly disgusted at them. These Singaporeans really gave us a bad name! Haiz....

Huh got such thing..Singaporeans also don't pay maintenance fees? Was told by some sales people before that some condos with many locals got issue of collection of maintenance fees. But the reason the Molek developer gave is not this leh, they said no good to have many houses left empty like a ghost town..

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Erm ... In addition, put another lock (from inside), your sliding door also has a lock (but weak one), then couple with CCTV and the magnetic strip alarm that bro wuqi recommended from daiso, enough le bah.... Haha

Yah, I also saw the toilet stuffs. And I learned about the distance of house piping vs their design. Not all their designs can fit in any bathroom. I didn't know this, still learning

Ya.. you think the 4pt lock is secured enough.. yah. i hv the flyer too.. another thing i was impressed at KSL was the Johnson Suisse which is cheaper then i thought.. a bathroom basin cost RM400-RM800 and Schneider power point.. which good design but pricy starting from RM20-RM120.. wonder where i can these stuff cheaper in Singapore..

Last edited:

josh88

Alfrescian
Loyal
What i hear from my friends work in bank mortgage.. Ikea is not coming to JB.. main reason was complaint from Singapore Ikea that Ikea should not setup another outlet in such a close proximity..

I think a lot of ppl were buying the houses ard that area due to Ikea.. not sure what will happen later... and the traffic from Austin to JB is always a nightmare.. with the ridiculuous EDL don;t think will be much better.. cause the EDL only link up to Pandan interchange.. not up to Jusco Tebrau or Austin heigh area.

Just to clarify that the EDL is linked to the North South expressway.So once it's open we can bypass tebrau highway where the jams are. Going to Setia Tropika will be a breeze. Also you can exit at Bandar Dato Onn before Setia Tropika & get to Adda Hts & Austin Hts & Setia Eco Cascadia in a few minutes through Taman Daya. So hopefully with the EDL, jams will be a thing of the past. However got to pay a ridiculous price to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.