• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, you can turn your house into a Pub. Bro yonglip shall be the star performer for your Pub. Imagine he makes a slow entry onto the stage through the waterfall........

Good business idea, right?

Can also create a Balinese style outdoor open shower! Syiok ....

For bro Yong lip, we shall expect him to transform the whole courtyard with poles ... Haha

CameraMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I look at it as a country problem, there is probably nothing I can do about it. So, I look at it as my problem, took action and bought NI. Besides, my wife and I are happy to explore living in JB since we have relatives and friends there.

so when u not a rich man in yr country , is it the country or your prob ? does the country indirectly affected u in someway not able to retire in sg ?
Our country now are flooded with FWs and FTS , we are soon going to be the minorites.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Besides, to me, a good government should always be ready to make calculated sacrifices for its citizens. But in Singapore, it is the average citizens who are making the sacrifices for the government instead. How sad?

very sad , also restrict Singaporeans to get richer to buy overseas properties if still applying new BTO or under MOP . how stupid it is ! restrict those non citizens la

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I look at it as a country problem, there is probably nothing I can do about it. So, I look at it as my problem, took action and bought NI. Besides, my wife and I are happy to explore living in JB since we have relatives and friends there.

So conclusion is your love your country but only can afford to retire in other country. Does you country love u in some ways ? 1 sided love!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the ordinary middle class always lose out the most, no matter what country it is ... Sad but true ... :(

Besides, to me, a good government should always be ready to make calculated sacrifices for its citizens. But in Singapore, it is the average citizens who are making the sacrifices for the government instead. How sad?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
His place is nicer la ... Right at the outskirts of Jb's orchard road. Besides, I'm not even his manager ...

Hey, you can turn your house into a Pub. Bro yonglip shall be the star performer for your Pub. Imagine he makes a slow entry onto the stage through the waterfall........

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

cute bro.

Bro DOA. your house will be another 2 years away,..too early to think of opening ceremony.

For me, all excited cos will be cutting ribbon for my house sometime in april/may. haha.

cheers.

greddy88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, shouldn't it be the other way round? Buy condo first mah ... I dare not think I can even afford one ...

Actually, Australia gives interest rate of about 6% for their fixed deposit right? I wanna explore that soon, don't know how to go about opening account etc. will find out more.

u open onshore or via local banks? i have one with maybank sg. around 4%+.
they'll convert your sgd into aud and that's it.

btw, it is no longer 6% now onshore. just go to http://www.anz.com.au. ours is quite okay.
of course, doing it now you are getting aud at one of its peak. not a good time, imo.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro DOA

there is an ancient chinese saying

"Xiang you xin zhuan"

i.e. the environment changes with the heart.

If your heart is good, a rat's hole will eventually turn into a prosperous place.
If your heart is evil, a King's palace will eventually turn into a rat's hole.

Subscribe to this and it will save u thousands engaging FS masters bro.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pole dancing?

Bro DOA

there is an ancient chinese saying

"Xiang you xin zhuan"

i.e. the environment changes with the heart.

If your heart is good, a rat's hole will eventually turn into a prosperous place.
If your heart is evil, a King's palace will eventually turn into a rat's hole.

Subscribe to this and it will save u thousands engaging FS masters bro.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Invest in our citizen, my foot! In parliament yesterday. CSM say that the gov should invest in the poor too ,so that the whole country will progress as a whole. CSM was immediately shot down by a quick, smart thinking Indian MP. He say sometime like investing in the poor is like Nigerian Scam, who is going to come out the budget, how to quantify the return of investment. It is kind of like Indian Maths , KNN !

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets be friends and new neighbour.. We all have stories why we work in singapore and happy to live in jb.. If everything is good, why come here? Rather than complain, we take actions.. We didn't turn down govt... We leave to take care of ourselves..

Hi Contra,

It is a known fact that other than the Malay ethnic, there will be disadvantages to live in Malaysia. That is why it had been called Malaya from history. This is part and parcel of living in Malaysia. However, do note that there are also many successful businessmen from the other ethnics in Malaysia, whom I'm sure I don't need to mention. Why can there be so then? These people are smart and they also have connections with the Bumis. They are also able to obtain big projects from the government through the Bumi "middle-man".

I would agree that it may be a struggle for an ordinary Chinese living in Malaysia, both in terms of his child's education and progress in his/her later years. However, those who had made it, will make it big. Just like those ethnic Chinese in Indonesia.

Coming back to Singapore, our government in the 70's and 80's had been caring. I don't doubt that. Unfortunately, due greatly to its greed and fame, it began to run the country like a business corporate from the 90's, lured only by ever more profits, aka GDP. This has resulted in an uncaring government towards its own citizens. There is practically not much tangible benefit to be derived for a citizen against a foreigner. Many of the concessions they give to its citizens are indirectly taken back in more ways than necessary. Cost increases are the norm of the day for their governance, regardless of whether you are a citizen or not. At least in Malaysia, they have subsidies and price control for daily essential items, both applicable to the Malays and non-Malays. All ethnic groups benefit from this and mind you, there's a great difference towards the cost of living and survival. And in most circumstances where payments are required, the Malaysian government usually provides an alternative. Just like if you can't afford a TOYOTA, then buy a PROTON. If you don't want to pay for the NSH, then use the trunk roads, whose road conditions are now also much better than in those old days. There is no such choice in Singapore. You either pay for the exorbitant COE or you take public transport. No second choice for its people. You try to drive into the CBD during the day and see if you have alternate roads to avoid paying the ERP. Practically no. Our HDB may be a great appreciative asset in your eyes, but where are we going to stay if we sell it away one day? We'll still have to pay for an ever increasing housing cost to get another roof. So, where's the net gain eventually?

At the end of the day, I'll still say that even for the non-Malays in Malaysia, there are still some decent provisions by the government. Whereas, the Singapore government is only concern towards ever higher GDP (to boost their own remunerations) at the expense of its own citizens. To me, by allowing cheap imported labor to artificially depress its own average citizens' wages is not an efficient nor good government at all. Forcing its old age to work to eternity is definitely not what we had bargained for to be Singapore citizens. There is a time for work and also a time to reap the fruits of our labor, don't you agree?

The above are just my views and opinions. Nobody is obligated to fully agree with me.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
That f xxxx is a new FT right from india right? Am I wrong? Typical talents that pap want..to punish us

Invest in our citizen, my foot! In parliament yesterday. CSM say that the gov should invest in the poor too ,so that the whole country will progress as a whole. CSM was immediately shot down by a quick, smart thinking Indian MP. He say sometime like investing in the poor is like Nigerian Scam, who is going to come out the budget, how to quantify the return of investment. It is kind of like Indian Maths , KNN !

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lets be friends and new neighbour.. We all have stories why we work in singapore and happy to live in jb.. If everything is good, why come here? Rather than complain, we take actions.. We didn't turn down govt... We leave to take care of ourselves..

That is true. Given a choice, I would still prefer to remain in the country where I was born and bred. But, what choice do I have since the government is making it so difficult to do so. They have totally forgotten our past contributions and sacrifices during our younger years. This kind of ungrateful government is fit only for 3rd world countries.

Anyway, I have no regrets coming to my host country since 2 years ago and I believe that as long as I don't interfere with their political and religious issues, I should be able to live in harmony. Furthermore, I'm not coming to compete with their locals for jobs since my MM2H visa forbids working in Malaysia.

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is true. Given a choice, I would still prefer to remain in the country where I was born and bred. But, what choice do I have since the government is making it so difficult to do so. They have totally forgotten our past contributions and sacrifices during our younger years. This kind of ungrateful government is fit only for 3rd world countries.

Anyway, I have no regrets coming to my host country since 2 years ago and I believe that as long as I don't interfere with their political and religious issues, I should be able to live in harmony. Furthermore, I'm not coming to compete with their locals for jobs since my MM2H visa forbids working in Malaysia.

so do u still love your country ?

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
so do u still love your country ?
Needless to say, I still love my country, but definitely not the government and also most of its people. Don't you find that many Singaporeans nowadays are too self-centered and snobbish? Probably the trend is being incarnated due to the pressurized living lifestyle.

Like they say, home is where the heart is. However, as I've told my wife before, if my next few years will be peaceful and meet with no mishaps here in Malaysia, I might even consider trying for a PR, although it will be difficult. After all, that was what I had in mind when I applied for my MM2H 3 years ago. That was also the time when I had given up all hopes for the PAP.

And eventually, if the PAP will still remain as adamant with their dictatorship ruling, I'll even consider to change my citizenship if my host country will accept me. Afterall, I don't have too much to lose, except for a HDB. In return, I get to retrieve all my CPF savings and coupled with my own savings, we should be able to comfortably live my remaining 20 odd more years before saying my sayonara.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro for the info. So onshore will earn an additional 1% ... If u didn't open onshore, I presumed u have done the cost benefit analysis and concluded to go with local bank...

Do u know if we open onshore, is such profit taxable? And in the first place, can we put FD onshore with foreign status? Thanks :smile:

u open onshore or via local banks? i have one with maybank sg. around 4%+.
they'll convert your sgd into aud and that's it.

btw, it is no longer 6% now onshore. just go to http://www.anz.com.au. ours is quite okay.
of course, doing it now you are getting aud at one of its peak. not a good time, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.